ImageImageImage

Trade Talk (Part Five)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Re: Trade Talk (Part Five) 

Post#1541 » by Neeva » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:16 pm

Not giving up Culver and Ricky for that return.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#1542 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:43 pm

Edwards for Ball.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
jscott
Veteran
And1: 916

Post#1543 » by jscott » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:44 pm

twix2500 wrote:Trade
Knicks get
Ricky Rubio
Juancho Hernangomez
Jarrett Culver

Timberwolves get
Alec Burks
Nerlens Noel
Julius Randle

Timberswolves commit to putting Edwards in the starting lineup and primary run the offense PnR with Russell and Towns. Secondary Offense through Edwards. Second Unit lead by Beasley and Randle

PG: Russell - - McLaughlin - Hagans
SG: Edwards - Beasley
SF: Burks - McDaniel - Laymen
PF: Vanderbilt - Randle
Ce: Towns - Nerlens

This is hot garbage right here.
jscott
Veteran

Post#1544 » by jscott » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:44 pm

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Edwards for Ball.

No.

That would be a rookie mistake.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,169

Post#1545 » by Neeva » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:00 pm

You wont be saying that in 3-4 years and I will remind you of that..
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie

Post#1546 » by Rookie-Mistake » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:05 am

Edwards for Aaron Gordon more in line?
jscott wrote:

No.

Rookie-Mistake
Rookie

Post#1547 » by Rookie-Mistake » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:06 am

Ok. Noted.

Neeva wrote:

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1548 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:34 am

Neeva wrote:

Sure you willl.

I'd trade him for Saddiq Bey right now just to help this roster. Guy had a 20pt, 10 rebound, 3 assist game on 14 shots against Milwaukee. I'll take his 6-8 size and 46% threes right now. He's 50% in January from 3 so far (six January games in).

I don't care what Edwards will be in 4 years or how often he can get over 25 pts this season on junk percentages.
jscott
Veteran

Post#1549 » by jscott » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:46 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Edwards for Aaron Gordon more in line?
jscott wrote:

No.

Nope.

I wouldn’t deal Culver for Gordon.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1550 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:17 am

Towns/DLo/Culver sent out

Chris Paul/Ayton and a frp coming back
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,678

Post#1551 » by minimus » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:08 am

twix2500 wrote:Trade
Knicks get
Ricky Rubio
Juancho Hernangomez
Jarrett Culver

Timberwolves get
Alec Burks
Nerlens Noel
Julius Randle

Timberswolves commit to putting Edwards in the starting lineup and primary run the offense PnR with Russell and Towns. Secondary Offense through Edwards. Second Unit lead by Beasley and Randle

PG: Russell - - McLaughlin - Hagans
SG: Edwards - Beasley
SF: Burks - McDaniel - Laymen
PF: Vanderbilt - Randle
Ce: Towns - Nerlens

Awful
Baseline81
Starter
And1: 1,247

Post#1552 » by Baseline81 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Jedzz wrote:Towns/DLo/Culver sent out

Trolling?

You want to trade Towns, the team's best player, and an improving second year-player in Culver just to shave off a year of Russell's salary? Doubt the Suns implode after such a trade, meaning the draft compensation is outside the lottery. Ayton, although young, likely won't be on a same level as Embiid, Jokic and Towns.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1553 » by Jedzz » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:43 pm

Baseline81 wrote:

Trolling?

You want to trade Towns, the team's best player, and an improving second year-player in Culver just to shave off a year of Russell's salary? Doubt the Suns implode after such a trade, meaning the draft compensation is outside the lottery. Ayton, although young, likely won't be on a same level as Embiid, Jokic and Towns.

Has nothing to do with shaving Salary. No Troll. Don't even really care about value. Culver is thrown in because I think it would be needed at this point. I'm ready at any time to move on from non competitive resters. I don't know how many games Towns and Dlo actually end up playing together. Team obviously doesn't care about the season record again. I'm ready to move on with competitors. Not demanding it, just saying I'm open to it. Has Towns played 25 games in past two seasons? You would think he blew his knee out or something. Great unique player, just not enough for me to wait more years though.
Note30
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,516

Post#1554 » by Note30 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:24 am

Jedzz wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:

Trolling?

Has nothing to do with shaving Salary. No Troll. Don't even really care about value. Culver is thrown in because I think it would be needed at this point. I'm ready at any time to move on from non competitive resters. I don't know how many games Towns and Dlo actually end up playing together. Team obviously doesn't care about the season record again. I'm ready to move on with competitors. Not demanding it, just saying I'm open to it. Has Towns played 25 games in past two seasons? You would think he blew his knee out or something. Great unique player, just not enough for me to wait more years though.

I rather get vets and not trade Culver.

Towns, Dlo, for Gobert, Conley and Four FRPs (2021,2025, 2027)

Rubio+Culver+ couple 2nds for Gordon

Conley/Beasley/Edwards/Gordon/Gobert
JMac/Okogie/Juancho/Reid
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

[*]-Mar 2023 in reference to the Gobert trade.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1555 » by Jedzz » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:48 am

Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Baseline81 wrote:Trolling?

JMac/Okogie/Juancho/Reid

I'm not super excited about Conley but sure let's do this. I'd roll with Gobert and his insane contract, having a good collection of vets with plenty of picks coming in to replenish and keep developing behind them. Sounds fine to me. I do think that Conley Beas and Edwards might have a little trouble spreading it around like we have now, and Conley would have to pass a serious physical because he's had trouble playing enough in recent years. But he's plenty good enough.
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#1556 » by Note30 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:24 am

Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

JMac/Okogie/Juancho/Reid

I'm not super excited about Conley but sure let's do this. I'd roll with Gobert and his insane contract, having a good collection of vets with plenty of picks coming in to replenish and keep developing behind them. Sounds fine to me. I do think that Conley Beas and Edwards might have a little trouble spreading it around like we have now, and Conley would have to pass a serious physical because he's had trouble playing enough in recent years. But he's plenty good enough.

He expires this year
frankenwolf wrote:I hope you eat every one of these words next year when the Timberwolves are world champions

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#1557 » by Jedzz » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:27 am

Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:

JMac/Okogie/Juancho/Reid

He expires this year
I guess that opens the door for Edwards. So you threw him in for matching reasons, or freeing up cap? Or are you assuming a resign?
Note30
Lead Assistant

Post#1558 » by Note30 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:37 am

Jedzz wrote:
Note30 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

He expires this year
I guess that opens the door for Edwards. So you threw him in for matching reasons, or freeing up cap? Or are you assuming a resign?

free up cap

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,546

Post#1559 » by NYG » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:52 am

I'm a Knicks fan, so not trolling or a fan of either side, but I could see Brooklyn making a run at Towns in a LeVert/Allen/Filler/Bunch of Picks offer... would that even tempt Minnesota? If so, what would need to be the bunch of picks part of that offer?

Just looking at the league landscape, I think there are scenarios where considering a Towns trade makes sense. Not saying my idea is one of them.
SmokeyPaw
Starter
And1: 1,163

Post#1560 » by SmokeyPaw » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:04 am

NYG wrote:I'm a Knicks fan, so not trolling or a fan of either side, but I could see Brooklyn making a run at Towns in a LeVert/Allen/Filler/Bunch of Picks offer... would that even tempt Minnesota? If so, what would need to be the bunch of picks part of that offer?

Just looking at the league landscape, I think there are scenarios where considering a Towns trade makes sense. Not saying my idea is one of them.

No. There's nothing resembling a potential star in any of that ( picks will be late). Nets dont have the assets for towns.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves