ImageImageImageImageImage

The Washington Football Team Thread

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,353

Re: The Washington Football Team Thread 

Post#261 » by Kanyewest » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:36 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Defense is not getting to Brady.

Yeah it didn't happen enough otherwise Washington may have pulled it out.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,993

Post#262 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:41 am

Defense let us down and we couldn’t run inside at all
Bye bye Beal.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,011

Post#263 » by Dark Faze » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:55 am

That was a great season from Rivera all things considered.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#264 » by LyricalRico » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:04 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Do we have our QB?

Would be nice if that ended up being true. At this point wouldn't be surprised to see Rivera go with a Heinicke vs Kyle Allen training camp competition (assuming Smith retires, which he probably should). If one of them can play like this for a whole season on a cheap price tag, that opens them up to be able to use other resources on the rest of the team.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#265 » by TGW » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:39 am

Heineke was just fine. I couldn't watch the entire game but from what I saw, the receivers were dropping catchable passes, and Heineke was running for his life for about 40% of the game. Dude won my respect though.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
wermolwermol777
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#266 » by wermolwermol777 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:42 am

1 game overreactions below:

I hope it's with us, but even if not, there's a kid who just probably made at least a couple of millions of dollars by playing a great game. That touchdown dive is now one of my fondest memories of this team.

It's weird watching a game and having a feeling that we can come back from a big deficit (versus not feeling safe with any lead). And perhaps it's even weirder to come out of a loss feeling hopeful and excited rather than sad. I'm excited for the next couple of years, I feel like we've got a bunch to improve on but we have a few really good pieces in place.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#267 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:14 am

I feel like the O line can get better and we definitely need a better RB. We can continue to upgrade WR. I mean don't waste a first or a second on a QB if one of the guys we have can get you to a play off series. Tyler is a nice possible diamond in the rough, he would be super cheap, as would Kyle allen. So get a RB and some more help on the O line maybe pick up another vet like Cam or someone to compete with Tyler and Allen and move on.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#268 » by Ruzious » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:54 am

LyricalRico wrote:
long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Do we have our QB?

Would be nice if that ended up being true. At this point wouldn't be surprised to see Rivera go with a Heinicke vs Kyle Allen training camp competition (assuming Smith retires, which he probably should). If one of them can play like this for a whole season on a cheap price tag, that opens them up to be able to use other resources on the rest of the team.

Heinicke had the best game by a WFT QB all season, and Allen had arguably the 2nd best. I'm fine with having them compete for the starting job next season.

Disappointing game for the defense, but wow - TB has an amazing set of skill position players - not to mention the TE's.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#269 » by tontoz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:58 pm

I think we have to sign Heinicke. I don't see a better option out there.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#270 » by gambitx777 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:29 pm

Stop gap starter, plus the kid is hell A cheap! Like we could have the cheapest starter in the league cheap.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#271 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:50 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Read on Twitter
?s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#272 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:50 am

Watching the PIT/CLE game and they said Smith-Shuster is a FA this summer. Having him on the outside and McLaurin working the middle might be nice (regardless of who's throwing them the ball).
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#273 » by TGW » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:56 am

Keim tweeted that Guice was one of Snyder's picks. Makes sense.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#274 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:47 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Watching the PIT/CLE game and they said Smith-Shuster is a FA this summer. Having him on the outside and McLaurin working the middle might be nice (regardless of who's throwing them the ball).

JuJu's a tough player. I think he's more of a short-distance receiver over the middle type than a deep threat. Then again, maybe that's because Big Ben no longer has a strong arm.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#275 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:00 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Read on Twitter
?s=19

It's weird - the team wins when Alex Smith plays, but he's really our 3rd best QB - going by stats. If he comes back, it has to be at a big discount - and there's nothing heartless about that - he's already been paid an enormous amount of money. It'd be crazy to pay him $20,750,000. I assume the talk between RR and Snyder will be mostly about Smith's money. Any personnel decisions should NOT involve Snyder.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#276 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:09 pm

tontoz wrote:I think we have to sign Heinicke. I don't see a better option out there.

I love having a QB that makes practically all the right decisions, and he looked like a magician avoiding the rush, and he can run. The negatives are his lollipop arm and his size. He's listed at 6'1 210 lbs, but he looks smaller. He looks slightly smaller than Colt McCoy - who was very injury-prone. But Heinicke seems smarter than Colt, so maybe he can avoid the kind of hits that Colt took. If he can stay healthy, I see him starting.
Doug_Blew
Junior
And1: 313

Post#277 » by Doug_Blew » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:12 pm

Ruzious wrote:It's weird - the team wins when Alex Smith plays, but he's really our 3rd best QB - going by stats. If he comes back, it has to be at a big discount - and there's nothing heartless about that - he's already been paid an enormous amount of money. It'd be crazy to pay him $20,750,000. I assume the talk between RR and Snyder will be mostly about Smith's money. Any personnel decisions should NOT involve Snyder.

I believe that Smith is under contract for 1 more year. I would hope that they would not want to restructure it over multiple years.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#278 » by Ruzious » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:33 pm

Doug_Blew wrote:
Ruzious wrote:It's weird - the team wins when Alex Smith plays, but he's really our 3rd best QB - going by stats. If he comes back, it has to be at a big discount - and there's nothing heartless about that - he's already been paid an enormous amount of money. It'd be crazy to pay him $20,750,000. I assume the talk between RR and Snyder will be mostly about Smith's money. Any personnel decisions should NOT involve Snyder.

I believe that Smith is under contract for 1 more year. I would hope that they would not want to restructure it over multiple years.

While he is under contract for next season, it's not guaranteed.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#279 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:13 pm

Ruzious wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Watching the PIT/CLE game and they said Smith-Shuster is a FA this summer. Having him on the outside and McLaurin working the middle might be nice (regardless of who's throwing them the ball).

JuJu's a tough player. I think he's more of a short-distance receiver over the middle type than a deep threat. Then again, maybe that's because Big Ben no longer has a strong arm.

Yeah I believe he moved to the slot as a function of them tailoring their offense to Ben's current limitations. If you look at his career stats, his yards per target/touch have declined as Ben has declined. But he was their big play guy when he first got there and I think that's the guy we'd be getting.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#280 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:59 pm

So the penalty for making the playoffs is that our FRP is 19th! Oh well. With our penchant for picking Alabama players and Jaylen Waddle having 4.3 speed and potentially filling not just our slot receiver need (little Simms is too unreliable) but also being maybe the best punt and kick returning prospect in years, I wouldn't mind him. I believe we were last in punt return stats last season (also with little Simms). The Alabama WR's have been more than amazing these past 2 years. If he's the 4th best, that's fine.

Return to Washington Wizards