ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #3

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#701 » by vtime » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:45 pm

Monk and NcDaniels have zero trade value. You gotta give something to get something
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,475

Post#702 » by LofJ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:50 pm

vtime wrote:Monk and NcDaniels have zero trade value. You gotta give something to get something

Bagley has been on the worst players in the league statistically, makes $9 million, and has requested a trade. He has close to zero trade value as well. It's why the Kings may not trade him.
vtime
Rookie

Post#703 » by vtime » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:22 pm

He’s got plenty of value because of age, contract and upside, and production.
vtime
Rookie

Post#704 » by vtime » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:23 pm

A guy who’s become solid that we could get for cheap that can finish the plays that Biyombo can’t is Jahlil Okafor.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#705 » by DY_nasty » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:15 pm

vtime wrote:A guy who’s become solid that we could get for cheap that can finish the plays that Biyombo can’t is Jahlil Okafor.

you could do a lot worse

puts miles and pj back in position where they can play help defense instead of battling in unwinnable fights under the rim all night too. even if still refuses to play defense of any kind, he's tall and eats space.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,061

Post#706 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:00 am

It is a tough year to make trades, teams are probably not looking to trade depth because you never know when 2-3 guys are out for 10 days. I think our best option is trading for cheap guys who have 1 really good skill and just try to use them as a role player to help our inefficiencies.

Detroit is probably my main trade partner because they are bad, actually have some depth and they are going to be running through end of bench guys looking to find young pieces for the future. Think a guy like Monk or even McDaniels has value to a team like that who is looking for young players with upside more so then guys who can help them this season. Especially since their new GM is from OKC and they have always valued guys with good size and length.

Jalen for Svi
Jalen for Wayne Ellington
Jalen for Jahlil

Probably would not deal Monk for any of those guys straight up. Maybe 2 of them and a 2nd rounder for Monk would make think on it.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,667

Post#707 » by Diop » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:34 am

I've been back and forth about trading for a centre as there are few available next season.
I do think Allen and Drummond are likely to be resigned by their current teams though. Allen is playing well, won the starting spot and Nash likes him.

Cleveland said at the start of the year they want to build around Drummond.

So I think I'm back to shopping a young wing for a centre.

Orlando board are now saying its more of a Coach Clifford thing that Bamba isn't getting more minutes as he prefers playing the vets.
We've seen that first hand before.

but then reading this
We already know Mo can shoot, dunk, rebound and block...all while playing a bit lazy. I'm guessing its just his attitude they don't like.

I could see him in the monk doghouse if we got him.

Here he is battling with Cousins, its good highlights as it shows the bad stuff as well. He definitely makes some mistakes like fouling Cousins shooting a 3
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#708 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:11 pm

Diop wrote:I've been back and forth about trading for a centre as there are few available next season.
I do think Allen and Drummond are likely to be resigned by their current teams though. Allen is playing well, won the starting spot and Nash likes him.

Cleveland said at the start of the year they want to build around Drummond.

So I think I'm back to shopping a young wing for a centre.

Orlando board are now saying its more of a Coach Clifford thing that Bamba isn't getting more minutes as he prefers playing the vets.
We've seen that first hand before.

but then reading this
We already know Mo can shoot, dunk, rebound and block...all while playing a bit lazy. I'm guessing its just his attitude they don't like.

I could see him in the monk doghouse if we got him.

Here he is battling with Cousins, its good highlights as it shows the bad stuff as well. He definitely makes some mistakes like fouling Cousins shooting a 3

Wow, he looks bad. Slow, uncoordinated, was making Cousins look like KAT.

I mean I might offer Monk just to try something different, but I am not excited about the idea right now. Clifford always hated Monk too, so not sure Orlando would really be targeting him in a trade.
Big Board
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,549

Post#709 » by yosemiteben » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Yeah, that video only strengthened my opinion that Bamba is not worth targeting.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,667

Post#710 » by Diop » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:40 pm

Yeah that’s what makes it a good highlight reel, shows the ugly side as well.

Weirdly, the Orlando board thought he played well that game and deserved more time.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#711 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Diop wrote:Yeah that’s what makes it a good highlight reel, shows the ugly side as well.

Weirdly, the Orlando board thought he played well that game and deserved more time.

He seemed to be looking to shoot the ball badly, took some somewhat contested shots to me. Got lucky with the ball falling into his lap for a couple of putbacks. He did not really look like he is any better than Boban to me and he had the same speed and quickness that hurts Bobans value.

Chris Boucher is taking a huge step forward for Raptors this year. Expect him to be their full time starter in a few weeks at the latest.
Big Board
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#712 » by DY_nasty » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:55 pm

no young big is gonna look great against cousins...

he had 12/7 in under 15 minutes that same game though lol. that's a great game from biz or cody with 30 minutes for the record

"he looks uncoordinated" yeah. its his third game of the season
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#713 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:00 pm

I am trying to look into a possible Terry Rozier for Oladipo trade.

Pacers really have Brogdon and Sabonis as their core now and Oladipo is on the outside looking in. He is a free agent this summer and they may not be willing to match an offer he receives. Seems like they could use an upgrade to team shooting and guys who can excel playing off Sabonis and Brogdon. We need defense and athleticism between Ball and Gordo.

This would prevent Pacers from having a big decision this summer and they can sit comfortably knowing they have Rozier under control for an extra year.

We have some cap space this summer, but not a ton. Clearing Rozier salary from our books would give us enough room to give Oladipo the 25-30 million annual deal he is sure to get.
Big Board
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#714 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:02 pm

DY_nasty wrote:no young big is gonna look great against cousins...

he had 12/7 in under 15 minutes that same game though lol. that's a great game from biz or cody with 30 minutes for the record

Anytime a guy can put up 12/7 in a 40 point blowout it means a lot.... both teams were going through the motions. I agree Cody and Biz are not the longterm answer here, but don't think Bamba all of a sudden figures it out when he can't even beat out Khem Birch for minutes.
Big Board
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,475

Post#715 » by LofJ » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:30 pm

Bamba is still recovering from covid-19. He and Monk have both had a tough go of things.
DY_nasty
General Manager

Post#716 » by DY_nasty » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:39 pm

JMAC3 wrote:

Anytime a guy can put up 12/7 in a 40 point blowout it means a lot.... both teams were going through the motions. I agree Cody and Biz are not the longterm answer here, but don't think Bamba all of a sudden figures it out when he can't even beat out Khem Birch for minutes.

no it doesn't mean a lot. it means he's serviceable.

and i'm gonna say it again :lol: we need serviceable bigs with even the slightest potential of getting better that can be picked up for cheap. preferably ones that belong in this era. also we all know how stubborn cliff is. this is a man who went out of his way to give MCW a job - twice. and wanted a reclamation project in roy hibbert instead of a young guy to develop as well.

clifford's love affair with birch aka discount zeller shouldn't surprise anyone either for that matter
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#717 » by MPM » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:48 pm

Not high or low on Bamba, but would trade Monk for him. Being trapped in Orlando for the last several years I've had a lot of exposure to Bamba - he's shown enough flashes to warrant a flyer (and I've given up on Monk). One of the things I think he's been challenged by is his wrestling with what he wants to be physically and as a player - he came into the league at around 230 lbs and I liked the way he moved - he then purposefully put on about 30 lbs of mostly muscle (he's since scaled it back down a bit) to bang with bigs - whatever that means these days. The last I watched him, he seemed to still be learning to adjust to his bulk. Regardless, he's a very, very smart kid with a passable shot and lots and lots of length (remember that 7'10" wingspan!). Not like losing Monk at this point would mean anything to us if it got the deal done.

My preference would still be to make a hard play for Claxton when he comes back from injury, but I think the Nets are pretty attached to him - would take more than Monk.

EDIT: Plus, with Fultz gone for the year, Monk might have slightly more appeal to the Magic. Could make for a quick swap. Project for Project.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#718 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:58 pm

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2039325

Link to a pretty informative post by a Mod on the Pacers board who answered a ton of my questions about the current makeup of their team and how he sees things going over the next year or 2 from a roster standpoint.
Big Board
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,549

Post#719 » by yosemiteben » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:33 pm

I mean my view from that video is those boards were generally uncontested, and his constantly slipping perimeter screens to go hunt his shot was a terrible look. Yeah, he hit a few a uncontested threes on those slip outs when his team was down like 40, but I'm not at all interested in a skinny 5 that's going to set fake screens so he can go hunt threes for himself.

ETA: just thought about this, but I can't imagine Cliff being too excited to trade for Monk. Cliff never wanted us to draft Monk in the first place and gave Monk practically the same treatment that he's getting now.
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,695

Post#720 » by MPM » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:41 pm

yosemiteben wrote:
DY_nasty wrote: ETA: just thought about this, but I can't imagine Cliff being too excited to trade for Monk. Cliff never wanted us to draft Monk in the first place and gave Monk practically the same treatment that he's getting now.

Funny - thought the exact same thing after posting - was trying to remember Cliffy's history with Monk.

Return to Charlotte Hornets