Post#1 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Bogi down 

Post#2 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:46 pm

I guess this is where our depth should show? :-?

Get well soon Bogi. :nonono: Dang.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#3 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:48 pm

6 weeks to 6 months. :banghead: Hopefully the former but I’m guessing more around the latter with this type of injury.

You may need surgery if the bone fragment is large and widely separated from the rest of the bone. Surgery may also be done if a tendon or ligament is badly detached. You can return to sports or other physical activities after about 6 weeks to 6 months.

Avulsion Fracture |
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:09 am

Spud2nique wrote:6 weeks to 6 months. :banghead: Hopefully the former but I’m guessing more around the latter with this type of injury.

You may need surgery if the bone fragment is large and widely separated from the rest of the bone. Surgery may also be done if a tendon or ligament is badly detached. You can return to sports or other physical activities after about 6 weeks to 6 months.

Avulsion Fracture |
I won't expect him back in six weeks. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#5 » by D21 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:40 am

Get well Bogi!

Now, not his fault but this season starts to be a mess...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#6 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:50 am

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#7 » by hawks_fan25 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:01 pm

Our five offseason signings + draft pick: Rondo, Gallo, Bogi, Snell, Dunn, and Okongwu are all out. That is Hawks luck for ya...
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#8 » by Buzzard » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:24 pm

Get well Bogi. I hate to say it but I think this will guarantee a losing record. LP cannot coach a team that cannot hit threes. Post play is like the 4th or 5th option in his offensive scheme.

Translation, the Hawks will still jack threes at a top ten rate even though they cannot make them.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#9 » by Spud2nique » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:56 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#10 » by Spud2nique » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:58 pm

Buzzard wrote:Get well Bogi. I hate to say it but I think this will guarantee a losing record. LP cannot coach a team that cannot hit threes. Post play is like the 4th or 5th option in his offensive scheme.

Translation, the Hawks will still jack threes at a top ten rate even though they cannot make them.

9 games in? With covid protocols and other team’s injuries I think a bunch of teams stay in the race till the end. We will be there but have to take the punches as we go. No excuses for injuries, next man up.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#11 » by Buzzard » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:05 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Buzzard wrote:Get well Bogi. I hate to say it but I think this will guarantee a losing record. LP cannot coach a team that cannot hit threes. Post play is like the 4th or 5th option in his offensive scheme.

9 games in? With covid protocols and other team’s injuries I think a bunch of teams stay in the race till the end. We will be there but have to take the punches as we go. No excuses for injuries, next man up.

Under a coach who preaches defense and post play, I think Capela, Okongwu, Collins, and Hunter is enough to go along with Trae. Plus Huerter is showing solid growth. Gallinari should be thought of as a added bonus not a necessity.

But with LP just wanting the team to jack threes all night long, I am not feeling it.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#12 » by saloonyk8 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:54 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Under a coach who preaches defense and post play, I think Capela, Okongwu, Collins, and Hunter is enough to go along with Trae. Plus Huerter is showing solid growth. Gallinari should be thought of as a added bonus not a necessity.

But with LP just wanting the team to jack threes all night long, I am not feeling it.

I think LP gonna be out after another week or two of losing like this... It's the only easy variable to change
Commit to the process
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by HMFFL » Fri Feb 5, 2021 8:33 pm

Marc J. Spears: Hawks say guard Bogdan Bogdanovic (avulsion fracture, right knee on Jan. 9) has been cleared to include more range of motion in his rehabilitation and conditioning activities, which includes on-court work. Additionally, his knee brace has been removed.

– via Twitter MarcJSpears

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#14 » by jayu70 » Tue Feb 9, 2021 3:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by HMFFL » Tue Feb 9, 2021 5:33 pm

Good news!!!

That’s the attitude that got Bogdanovic to the NBA, and it’s not changing — even if it means he’s staying late after Monday’s practice to do some form shooting, standing upright in one place, now that he’s finally allowed to ditch the leg brace.

It’s hard for me because even when I’m tired sometimes, I have my routine in my head, so I’m like, I have to do it, you know?” Bogdanovic said in an interview with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “That’s what got me here, honestly. So I cannot just rest and (not) do it. I can’t. That’s my way, nothing else. I’m just trying to stay on and whenever I’m cleared to go, I want to be ready. I don’t want to take up extra time to get ready for the game. That’s how I think.”

“I hope I can, I was looking at a calendar and watching the games and how many games we have left on the schedule, so anything before All-Star would be really good for me, but I don’t want to put the pressure on it,” Bogdanovic said. “But I would like to play before the All-Star (break), if it was me, and if my body heals up.”

“It’s a process of getting on the court, getting contact in practice, playing with the guys a little bit, a couple practices, so it’s a process,” Bogdanovic said. “… What I expect, I don’t know how my body will react and we’ll just follow the processes, nothing else.”

– via Sarah K. Spencer @ Atlanta Journal-Constitution

https://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-hawks/bogdanovic-cant-wait-to-get-back-but-trying-to-be-patient-through-rehab/AQBR4Q7AY5DWJNGCPAVO6P5IAE/

Return to Atlanta Hawks