ImageImageImage

Maverick Test Positive For Covid

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Re: Maverick Test Positive For Covid 

Post#41 » by Bob8 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:41 pm

Apz wrote:Ye, as it should be. Contact tracing is just ridiculous when they are with eachother on planes and such but it doesnt count. Also think Carlisle and Cuban used brain to slow down the contact tracing to get less games without DFS Kleber and Richardson. Smart move. Just sucks I slept all day so I could be awake for the game tonight

This is the only option to continue the season. Just imagine, you have a player out for 10-14 days, he returns and is quarantined again for another contact. You can have player out for many weeks without even being infected.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#42 » by ejs78 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:47 pm

In listening to the lastest Windhorst pod it was believed nearly 30% of the players already had covid before the season and now the number is now much higher. He went on to say basically 1 team had it already and NBA didn't want that getting out for betting purposes.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#43 » by SOUNDCHASER » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:44 am

COVID Disinformation has no place on this board -- Chuck
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#44 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:30 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote: Disinformation Deleted

You think Covid is a hoax? As in it doesn’t exist at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Archx
General Manager
And1: 7,770

Post#45 » by Archx » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:54 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Disinformation Deleted.

I apologize in advance if i didn't fully understand what you tried to say but... I don't get your logic. If you think COVID is a hoax, why do you then say Cuban should hire experts who would watch over testings? I mean, why do any tests at all? I think you're just trying to create some kind of conspiracy theory to make people think Mavs are getting screwed over.

And again, if i understand correctly and you think this whole think is a hoax, i know personally few people in my home town having serious issues with the virus. So no, the whole thing is far from being a hoax and the virus can be very dangerous specially for older people.
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#46 » by JD45 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:59 pm

There are false positives, but I think they do multiple tests to confirm the diagnosis. So I don't think that's as bad of an issue for the NBA.

It would be a reasonable argument to say that NBA players are young and healthy, so they have such a tiny risk from COVID that they shouldn't bother with all the isolation and quarantine. The main risk for younger people is they transmit it to someone older or with an underlying condition. Keeping fans out of the stadium takes care of that. I guess the coaches would be at most risk.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Mr B
RealGM

Post#47 » by Mr B » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Archx wrote:
SOUNDCHASER wrote:Disinformation Deleted

I apologize in advance if i didn't fully understand what you tried to say but... I don't get your logic. If you think COVID is a hoax, why do you then say Cuban should hire experts who would watch over testings? I mean, why do any tests at all? I think you're just trying to create some kind of conspiracy theory to make people think Mavs are getting screwed over.

And again, if i understand correctly and you think this whole think is a hoax, i know personally few people in my home town having serious issues with the virus. So no, the whole thing is far from being a hoax and the virus can be very dangerous specially for older people.

I had Covid right after Thanksgiving and was really sick for 2 weeks. It’s definitely not fake.

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,843

Post#48 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:23 pm

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Disinformation Deleted.

The only thing that is an IQ test is the verbal diarrhoea and conspiracy theories you spread here and congratulations you have failed with flying colours.
I know plenty of people in various countries that have had serious health issues from the "hoax" just like the other comments here - one currently stuck in hospital on morphine with a drain in his lung. Shame parler has been shut down and now you need to spread your conspiracy theory bs on realgm.
@admins please take care of this!
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Post#49 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:29 pm

I have removed the disinformation posted. Please continue to report these types of posts and they will be addressed. I know this topic can get political I hope we will stay away from most of that. But there will be some leniency. But anyone intentionally posting disinformation can expect that to be removed and if it continues for them to be removed.

We have 375K dead Americans with thousands dying every day. We have almost 2 million deaths worldwide. This is not a joke nor a hoax. If you have fallen prey to some lies, I'm sorry for you and hope your ignorance does not cost you or those around you, but you will not spread it here.

Anyone who has issues with that can take it up with Dirk, HMFFL or Howard Mass, but my position will not change.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
SOUNDCHASER
Sixth Man
And1: 279

Post#50 » by SOUNDCHASER » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:14 am

Hoax is not the right word to use perhaps scam is better. of course the strain of covid19 exists but they still cannot isolate it but we know people are sick from it and it has a different way of harming people than the regular flu.

They also had trouble isolating HIV when it came out years ago and someone got the nobel prize for medicine when they isolated it.

As for the disease being some deadly thing compare the number of deaths we have in the USA in total this year to how many people died in total for each of the prior years.

Now think hard about this and tell me what that analysis means because they were saying millions of Americans would die from covid when it first started.

We are supposedly good with stats so lets see how you math wizards get to the meat of the matter.

I am working in the medical field guys and my company is on a fast track w FDA trials to bring out a new treatment. This is one that can benefit us to heal damage created to lungs as well as build up your immune system to beat the disease.

Deleted a bunch of unsourced, not remotely substantiated claims. Again this is not the forum for your disinformation. Tried to leave up some of this, but not much I really could. This ends here however. --- Chuck
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#51 » by JD45 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:54 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Please stop quoting these types of posts

You seem sincere in your posts, but might be missing some clarifying facts.

Kary Mullis invented the PCR testing method in the 80s. He died in August, 2019, which was before the COVID-19 virus was spreading. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kary_Mullis He could not have developed any COVID-19 test or commented on its accuracy. There are several different PCR tests for COVID-19. Developed by different companies. It's usably accurate, but like all medical tests, is much less accurate than most people think, and maybe as low as 60%. There are also antigen tests which are much faster, but even less accurate. Medical science is not really that precise. That's why they run trials.

And the COVID-19 virus has been isolated and its genome sequenced. Here is just one example. https://mra.asm.org/content/9/11/e00169-20 The mRNA vaccines that were developed relied on the genetic sequence to artificially create an immune response to specific proteins instead of using a weakened natural virus like traditional vaccines.

At least 330 thousand more Americans died in 2020 than in 2019. https://usafacts.org/articles/preliminary-us-death-statistics-more-deaths-in-2020-than-2019-coronavirus-age-flu/ No, its not the millions some projected a year ago. Of course the CDC and government in general is riddled with dishonesty and incompetence. But they also have had to learn along the way, and China wasn't very informative of how the virus started and how it affected their populace. So they have had to muddle through. Of course cases are misclassified. But just the excess deaths is enough to show something is out there, and it is most likely COVID.

Most cases are mild. And even most deaths are likely just pulling them forward for a few years. So we should see corresponding lower deaths the next few years. Young, healthy people don't have much to fear from it. But most of them don't want to spread it to their older and less healthy friends and family. I don't mind all the masks and isolations if it reduces the chance of having my parents die earlier than they would otherwise.

What's the trial number of your company's product? I would like to look it up if you don't mind.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
Mr B
RealGM

Post#52 » by Mr B » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 am

SOUNDCHASER wrote:Please do not quote

I totally disagree that we shouldn’t be worried about it. We should absolutely be worried about it. Personally I will listen to a doctor that was trained in medical science than some random dude on a website (this one or Q).

Hypothermia kills how many people every year? Does that mean coats don’t work? Since it only kills so many every year should we not be worried about stepping out into a blizzard?

Texas Chuck
And1: 88,346

Post#53 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:38 am

Locking topic because of the amount of work required in editing out disinformation campaigns. Before anyone claims censorship and fires off an angry PM, there are plenty of places to have discussions about this topic on the internet. But the Dallas Mavericks subforum of RealGM isn't the place to spread potentially dangerous disinformation.

Thanks

Chuck
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.

Return to Dallas Mavericks