Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Cavs 2020-21 season 

Post#121 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:38 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:LOL at Sexton not being a point guard because he cant run a team or something... hes a walking bucket and on this roster that makes him a score first guard playing as he should be.

Not to mention any team in the NBA would love to have a walking bucket regardless of position, especially if they are as efficient as Collin has been especially this year.

The issue here isn't Collin's value, it's the fact we don't have a healthy point guard.

Well, here comes Yogi Ferrell on a 10-day thanks to a hardship exception:

https://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/ferrell-signing-210111

Yeah Ferrell is such the high level floor general :banghead: makes all the sense in the world they brought him in due to Sextons ineptitude LOLLOLLOL he owns career averages of 7.8 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 20.4 minutes over 249 games
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,383

Post#122 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:49 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
Not to mention any team in the NBA would love to have a walking bucket regardless of position, especially if they are as efficient as Collin has been especially this year.

The issue here isn't Collin's value, it's the fact we don't have a healthy point guard.

Yeah Ferrell is such the high level floor general :banghead: makes all the sense in the world they brought him in due to Sextons ineptitude LOLLOLLOL he owns career averages of 7.8 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 20.4 minutes over 249 games

Ferrell averaged 4.7 assists with 1.9 turnovers per 36 with the Kings last season (that's a decent 2.5:1 ratio).

The point I made which once again flew right over you're head is we don't have a healthy PG on the roster, not even a backup PG if Collin returns and JBB decides to do without one in the starting lineup.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#123 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:51 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Ferrell averaged 4.7 assists with 1.9 turnovers per 36 with the Kings last season (that's a decent 2.5:1 ratio).

The point I made which once again flew right over you're head is we don't have a healthy PG on the roster, not even a backup PG if Collin returns and JBB decides to do without one in the starting lineup.

you done yet ?
He has always been a pg and a combo guard and a sg and none of it matters to anyone but you.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#124 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Yeah Ferrell is such the high level floor general :banghead: makes all the sense in the world they brought him in due to Sextons ineptitude LOLLOLLOL he owns career averages of 7.8 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 20.4 minutes over 249 games

you done yet ?
He has always been a pg and a combo guard and a sg and none of it matters to anyone but you.

Really? Care to make any predictions what the Cavs do with Yogi Ferrell?
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#125 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:17 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

you done yet ?

Ferrell is a combo guard too so yeah who cares
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#126 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:26 pm

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:you done yet ?

Koby Altman, JBB Bickerstaff, and Yogi Ferrell for starters ...
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#127 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:04 am

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Koby Altman, JBB Bickerstaff, and Yogi Ferrell for starters ...

ennnh sorry hans wrong guess
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#128 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:15 am

Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

So his assist rate is better than Sexton's? As a borderline NBA player?

Look, Sexton is a good scorer, even a really good scorer, but he's got to be out there with someone else who can help facilitate. It's fine. Players have flaws in their games.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#129 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:06 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:

Look, Sexton is a good scorer, even a really good scorer, but he's got to be out there with someone else who can help facilitate. It's fine. Players have flaws in their games.

Yeah there is a subliminal message being sent here imo but the reality is pretty much any nba player sans 7'ers who are in the league for the soul purpose of being a tree is capable of playing basketball at a high level which includes passing the ball to their teammates. The problem I have is that all of them are more than capable of making reads and dishing it out including Sexton. Given that fact which is what it is imo, I cannot look at a 1st or 2nd option scorer at any position which isa what he is on this roster esp one on a rebuild roster for the past 3 seasons as needing to do more in that dept even though it would make his teammates happier.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#130 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Yeah Ferrell is such the high level floor general :banghead: makes all the sense in the world they brought him in due to Sextons ineptitude LOLLOLLOL he owns career averages of 7.8 points, 2.1 rebounds and 2.3 assists in 20.4 minutes over 249 games

Yeah there is a subliminal message being sent here imo but the reality is pretty much any nba player sans 7'ers who are in the league for the soul purpose of being a tree is capable of playing basketball at a high level which includes passing the ball to their teammates. The problem I have is that all of them are more than capable of making reads and dishing it out including Sexton. Given that fact which is what it is imo, I cannot look at a 1st or 2nd option scorer at any position which isa what he is on this roster esp one on a rebuild roster for the past 3 seasons as needing to do more in that dept even though it would make his teammates happier.

It's like this, Kevin Love has never been a good defender. He really needs to be out there with a rim protector. Pretending that Kevin Love is fine at defense because you don't have a rim protector doesn't solve anything. Go out and get someone who can play alongside him and offer some rim protection. The Cavs did that with Drummond and McGee.

The same can be said of Sexton. If he's averaging 20+ ppg on good efficiency, play him alongside someone who can drop dimes. It looks to me like Garland can be that guy. Those two plus Okoro might compliment one another's skill sets well enough to make it work. The early results were promising enough to keep evaluating. Not every player has to excel at every skill set and the overwhelming majority of them don't. If you build your roster correctly, they don't have to and you can still have a good team.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#131 » by Stillwater » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:21 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:So his assist rate is better than Sexton's? As a borderline NBA player?

It's like this, Kevin Love has never been a good defender. He really needs to be out there with a rim protector. Pretending that Kevin Love is fine at defense because you don't have a rim protector doesn't solve anything. Go out and get someone who can play alongside him and offer some rim protection. The Cavs did that with Drummond and McGee.

The same can be said of Sexton. If he's averaging 20+ ppg on good efficiency, play him alongside someone who can drop dimes. It looks to me like Garland can be that guy. Those two plus Okoro might compliment one another's skill sets well enough to make it work. The early results were promising enough to keep evaluating. Not every player has to excel at every skill set and the overwhelming majority of them don't. If you build your roster correctly, they don't have to and you can still have a good team.

Hes better when he doesnt have to hunt for teammates to score instead of him I will agree with that
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#132 » by Stillwater » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:44 pm

So CLE got involved in the Harden trade and are getting what looks to be Jarrett Allen and T Prince for Exums expiring and the Bucks pick which is sure to be 25-30 in 22.
Allen is a nice player and really a good move imo if they can retain him next summer and Prince helps our Defense more since Exum cant stay on the court.
https://cavaliersnation.com/2021/01/13/report-cavs-acquire-jarrett-allen-and-taurean-prince-in-blockbuster-james-harden-deal/
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#133 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:44 pm

It's Vardon so take it for what it's worth, but it's out there:
Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#134 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:04 pm

Fedor has confirmed it. It sucks because he could've been a young Harden off the bench from the OKC days here. It's always a shame when talented guys who visibly have fun on the court can't get it together enough to stay on the court. I trust the Cavs judgment here though. Neither Bynum nor West did anything in the NBA after the Cavs cut them loose. I suspect we're one of the teams that exhibits more patience simply because we don't really have a choice as a non-destination market.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#135 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:29 pm

Again, this sucks.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#136 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:19 pm

More details. I can't imagine telling a black GM that this was the equivalent of modern day slavery is something that went over well.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#137 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:16 pm

First the BROWNS lose a game that they were gifted with PM out Now this..FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#138 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:17 pm

I was the same way at the same age very angry kid and so I can relate to him in this and do not think the Cavs are wrong to want to move him but if they fn waive him I am done as a Cavs fan
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#139 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:39 pm

Stillwater wrote:I was the same way at the same age very angry kid and so I can relate to him in this and do not think the Cavs are wrong to want to move him but if they fn waive him I am done as a Cavs fan

If I hear that KPJ wanted to apologize to Altman and the team and wasn't given a chance, I'll be disappointed. If I hear that he didn't even reach out to do that, you got to let him go. He's a young man, but he's still a man, and it's on him to man up and accept some responsibility at this point. You can't talk that modern-day-slavery mess to a black GM. It's too much to ask Altman to swallow absent an apology.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#140 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:01 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I was the same way at the same age very angry kid and so I can relate to him in this and do not think the Cavs are wrong to want to move him but if they fn waive him I am done as a Cavs fan

If I hear that KPJ wanted to apologize to Altman and the team and wasn't given a chance, I'll be disappointed. If I hear that he didn't even reach out to do that, you got to let him go. He's a young man, but he's still a man, and it's on him to man up and accept some responsibility at this point. You can't talk that modern-day-slavery mess to a black GM. It's too much to ask Altman to swallow absent an apology.

All I know is if my coach or GM has my locker moved and I find out when I go into the LR that a guy they just traded for is standing in front of it next to other teammates I am A. embarrassed as hell B. Mad as F and C. want to know where the hell my stuff is at and why somebody thought they could touch it. That is mistreating me and violating my privacy black white or otherwise as so him going off on whomever was responsible for it had it coming and if anything the Cavs "lost him" over this and if anything they should apologize to him and the fanbase.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers