ImageImageImage

take your guess

Moderator: ijspeelman

Is the Covid spread that is starting to sideline key players going to stop the season again?

Yes eventually the players will demand it
25%
No they will just play who they have and it wont get widespread enough to cancel games
No votes
Yes after too many games are forfeited due to not enough available players
25%
No they dont care about long term health problems all they care about is $
50%
Maybe IF ___________
No votes

Total votes: 4

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

take your guess 

Post#1 » by Stillwater » Sat Jan 9, 2021 12:14 am

I'd say they will be forced to go bubble or go home by Feb 1st.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Re: take your guess 

Post#2 » by gflem » Sat Jan 9, 2021 2:53 pm

If the NFL model holds they will try to get to the end of the season. I mean the Broncos played a game without a quarterback, the most important position in the game. If it were a contender that might have been different, but they weren't so it didn't matter.
It is about the money. The league has put its protocols in place and it should be the league, teams and players working together for the players safety but I think the games will go on, possibly with some cancellations and or rescheduling. Obviously I could be wrong but I think the season will be played to its scheduled conclusion.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#3 » by Stillwater » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:46 pm

gflem wrote:If the NFL model holds they will try to get to the end of the season. I mean the Broncos played a game without a quarterback, the most important position in the game. If it were a contender that might have been different, but they weren't so it didn't matter.
It is about the money. The league has put its protocols in place and it should be the league, teams and players working together for the players safety but I think the games will go on, possibly with some cancellations and or rescheduling. Obviously I could be wrong but I think the season will be played to its scheduled conclusion.

Yeah as a NBA fan I am hoping they can put a lid on it fast, but as I speak even more players across the league are being placed in Q status including names like Tatum which cannot be good for the league in the short term let alone long term.I mean if any of them have complications which looks to be rare so far thankfully with pro athletes which is great if true , assuming they would share that info if there was a problem(doubtful) but it certainly doesn't give me any happy vibes about the League in the next few seasons if they are willing to push along while their bread and butter cash cows start becoming unavailable for 2 weeks at a time.
Personally uncool with them not recognizing the need for multiple bubble sites instead owners pushing for more fans is just a bad deal for everyone but their bottom line
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:50 pm

I will be completely shocked if they are not left with any choice but to cancel the 2nd half of the season at the rate of transfer outside the league creeping in so easily not without a new bubble and now with a more rapid spreading variant. It was bound to be an issue and if they are somehow able to push through will hurt them long term,imo.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,382

Post#5 » by JonFromVA » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:01 pm

Stillwater wrote:I will be completely shocked if they are not left with any choice but to cancel the 2nd half of the season at the rate of transfer outside the league creeping in so easily not without a new bubble and now with a more rapid spreading variant. It was bound to be an issue and if they are somehow able to push through will hurt them long term,imo.

Unless we learn something hideous about the new strains, there's actually some good news. For one thing, a number of players have already contracted and recovered from Covid in short order. We actually have a vaccine, and we have a new administration coming in to power that will be focused on fighting the virus. The contact tracing and protocols have prevented mass transmission.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:19 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
Stillwater wrote:I will be completely shocked if they are not left with any choice but to cancel the 2nd half of the season at the rate of transfer outside the league creeping in so easily not without a new bubble and now with a more rapid spreading variant. It was bound to be an issue and if they are somehow able to push through will hurt them long term,imo.

Unless we learn something hideous about the new strains, there's actually some good news. For one thing, a number of players have already contracted and recovered from Covid in short order. We actually have a vaccine, and we have a new administration coming in to power that will be focused on fighting the virus. The contract tracing and protocols have prevented mass transmission.

right in theory things are looking up on the science front but things are unchanged on the idiot front
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#7 » by Harper4Ferry? » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:57 pm

I think they were hoping that we'd be a lot farther along on the vaccination front by Mid March. Maybe they have to have an extended break between season halves in order to get vaccinations. I know the NBA was talking about not jumping the line but if they wanted to pay to jump the line I wouldn't have an issue with it.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:49 pm

Harper4Ferry? wrote:I think they were hoping that we'd be a lot farther along on the vaccination front by Mid March. Maybe they have to have an extended break between season halves in order to get vaccinations. I know the NBA was talking about not jumping the line but if they wanted to pay to jump the line I wouldn't have an issue with it.

Yeah they can't jump the line really imo. Too much backlash would exist if someone were to lobby for pro athletes to get special treatment while elderly people are dying at alarming rates from this.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers