ImageImageImage

Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!!

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Re: Seth Curry tests positive for Covid. Whole team must quarantine!!! 

Post#201 » by 6ers83 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:47 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
stormi wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. This is clearly the sixers fault. Some of you want to be victims so badly. The sixers weren't wronged by the league.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think the outrage is coming from speculation that there wasn't a postponement option for the Sixers like there were for the Rockets before us and the teams afterwards that have also suffered outbreaks. It was dress eight in time for tipoff or forfeit, and so the Sixers put up an injured Mike Scott with zero intention of him ever seeing the floor.
Because the 76ers did not put either of Joel or Ben on the injury report. They were listed as healthy and cleared from covid.

It was not until the Sixers put both of them on injury report at the last second, basically trying to force the league to postpone the game, that they were forced to dress Scott. Again, their own fault.

With Embiid and Simmons clear they had 9 players. After choosing to list them out they were at 7 which is what caused Scott to dress.

There’s a very easy solution to this put as many people on the injured list as it takes so games don’t get played. I for the life of me can’t figure out why the 76ers are not doing this — it’s beyond stupidity.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#202 » by sixers hoops » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:52 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
stormi wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. This is clearly the sixers fault. Some of you want to be victims so badly. The sixers weren't wronged by the league.

I think the outrage is coming from speculation that there wasn't a postponement option for the Sixers like there were for the Rockets before us and the teams afterwards that have also suffered outbreaks. It was dress eight in time for tipoff or forfeit, and so the Sixers put up an injured Mike Scott with zero intention of him ever seeing the floor.
Because the 76ers did not put either of Joel or Ben on the injury report. They were listed as healthy and cleared from covid.

It was not until the Sixers put both of them on injury report at the last second, basically trying to force the league to postpone the game, that they were forced to dress Scott. Again, their own fault.

With Embiid and Simmons clear they had 9 players. After choosing to list them out they were at 7 which is what caused Scott to dress.

I’m still not getting it. Players get injuries before games all the time and can’t play. Just because they weren’t on the injury report doesn’t mean they weren’t injured on game day and unable to play.

The Sixers should have just forfeited the game. Why risk losing Dwight, Danny, or Maxey when you are trotting out a seven player roster comprised of mostly G-League caliber players.
6ers83
Senior

Post#203 » by 6ers83 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:56 pm

This team will be 7-7 in 4 more games - just put guys ion the injury list so the league is FORCED to postpone.

The NBA cannot question whether or not a guy is injured if they deem him injured.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,655

Post#204 » by stormi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:59 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
stormi wrote:

I'm not sure what's going on with those optics, but Ben is still out, tonight. Are the Sixers not allowed to declare a player not fit to go up until within a few hours of tip off?

The fact that Silver even tried to squeeze out a back to back from the Sixers, who couldn't travel until late and had to isolate in their hotels rooms after the Nets game alone is ridiculous
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#205 » by sixers hoops » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:14 pm

stormi wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
stormi wrote:

I'm not sure what's going on with those optics, but Ben is still out, tonight. Are the Sixers not allowed to declare a player not fit to go up until within a few hours of tip off?

The fact that Silver even tried to squeeze out a back to back from the Sixers, who couldn't travel until late and had to isolate in their hotels rooms after the Nets game alone is ridiculous

I understand the NBA is trying to power through the schedule, but 3 or 4 other games where canceled.

Why not just extend the season slightly if you need to, as opposed to having a team play with seven players? Whether they believe the Sixers were being shady or not, we were down a handful of players due to covid related reasons. That is reason enough to cancel the game.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers

Post#206 » by sixers hoops » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:56 am

mithrandir17 wrote:The league should just have a week or two break if this continues. What is the point of playing these games if it is just going to be like summer league games for a lot of teams.

Seriously. I get they want to push through and miss as few games as possible, but this is a joke. They fined a team who they forced to play with seven players during a pandemic. The real goal is to play all the games and get the tv money, but let’s try to put forward a respectable product.
6ers83
Senior

Post#207 » by 6ers83 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:12 am

6ers83 wrote:This team will be 7-7 in 4 more games - just put guys ion the injury list so the league is FORCED to postpone.

The NBA cannot question whether or not a guy is injured if they deem him injured.

Bump
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#208 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:20 am

I only watch one sport, Basketball. And only the Nba.

May I ask are there any casualties of Covid in other sports in america, amateur and professional leagues.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,464

Post#209 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:59 am

Stanford wrote:
ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:I thought JoJo was leaving social media alone?

He woke up and chose violence

I guess he did lol, I personally had to leave social media alone all together. That includes just reading it. I mean...I use this site if that counts. I was under the impression that's what he had done. I don't really care at the end of the day. I can say there have been quite a few benefits to removing it from my life. Either way I can understand him taking to it for expression.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#210 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:32 pm

76ciology wrote:I only watch one sport, Basketball. And only the Nba.

May I ask are there any casualties of Covid in other sports in america, amateur and professional leagues.

Anyone has an answer to this?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#211 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:35 pm

76ciology wrote:

"I guarantee someone is going to die," Jacobson (Sheldon Jacobson of the University of Illinois) said. "The virus does not discriminate."

I GUAR-AN-TEE IT!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/coronavirus-in-college-football-hospitalizations-deaths-projected-by-data-analysts-if-fbs-plays-in/

Nothing happened
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,746

Post#212 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:44 pm

76ciology wrote:
76ciology wrote:

"I guarantee someone is going to die," Jacobson (Sheldon Jacobson of the University of Illinois) said. "The virus does not discriminate."

I GUAR-AN-TEE IT!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/coronavirus-in-college-football-hospitalizations-deaths-projected-by-data-analysts-if-fbs-plays-in/

Nothing happened

I don't know if you're looking to discount the effects of COVID, but this college football player died: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/sports/ncaafootball/college-football-death-jamain-stephens.html

I know the retorts to this argument: he's overweight, preexisting conditions maybe, etc. But the fact remains that he wouldn't have died if there wasn't a pandemic.

That aside, the concern is not so much the players but them spreading it to other more vulnerable people, not to mention we don't know the long term affects of having the bug. Look at Keyontae Johnson of UF who collapsed on the court pre game of an acute myocarditis which has been linked to COVID. He had the virus earlier in the year.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#213 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:52 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
76ciology wrote:

I GUAR-AN-TEE IT!

Nothing happened

I don't know if you're looking to discount the effects of COVID, but this college football player died: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/sports/ncaafootball/college-football-death-jamain-stephens.html

I know the retorts to this argument: he's overweight, preexisting conditions maybe, etc. But the fact remains that he wouldn't have died if there wasn't a pandemic.

That aside, the concern is not so much the players but them spreading it to other more vulnerable people, not to mention we don't know the long term affects of having the bug. Look at Keyontae Johnson of UF who collapsed on the court pre game of an acute myocarditis which has been linked to COVID. He had the virus earlier in the year.

Nope im not discounting it. I just want to know what is the league’s action regards such incident (league stops?).
76ciology
RealGM

Post#214 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:54 pm

Read on Twitter

Make sense?
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#215 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:27 pm

76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Nope im not discounting it. I just want to know what is the league’s action regards such incident (league stops?).

Doubt it. We saw what happened at the beginning of the virus: everyone shut down their leagues and teams cancelled their seasons. Then as the NBA, SEC, Big Ten, etc all decided the bottom line is more important than safety, they just moved on with the seasons under the veil that they'll take "every precaution to ensure the safety of the players, coaches, and officials". Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's definitely a lot more dangerous than not playing.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,794

Post#216 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:38 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Doubt it. We saw what happened at the beginning of the virus: everyone shut down their leagues and teams cancelled their seasons. Then as the NBA, SEC, Big Ten, etc all decided the bottom line is more important than safety, they just moved on with the seasons under the veil that they'll take "every precaution to ensure the safety of the players, coaches, and officials". Not saying it's right or wrong, but it's definitely a lot more dangerous than not playing.
The economy never stops. I would love to hear a concrete plan from people who say business should shut down on how employees should pay their bills. Contrary to popular belief, there's more than just the millionairs involved with sports. A lot of jobs are involved. They have to keep going.

10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#217 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:44 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:

The economy never stops. I would love to hear a concrete plan from people who say business should shut down on how employees should pay their bills. Contrary to popular belief, there's more than just the millionairs involved with sports. A lot of jobs are involved. They have to keep going.

Without taking a hard turn towards political discourse, I think a good place to start is giving more than 2 stimulus checks amounting to $1,800 over the last 10 months.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,794

Post#218 » by XtremeDunkz » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:47 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Without taking a hard turn towards political discourse, I think a good place to start is giving more than 2 stimulus checks amounting to $1,800 over the last 10 months.
But that's never going to happen obviously. So you can't blame any business or any person for keeping their life moving along. Money has to be made.

10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Negrodamus
RealGM

Post#219 » by Negrodamus » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 pm

XtremeDunkz wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:
XtremeDunkz wrote:The economy never stops. I would love to hear a concrete plan from people who say business should shut down on how employees should pay their bills. Contrary to popular belief, there's more than just the millionairs involved with sports. A lot of jobs are involved. They have to keep going.

But that's never going to happen obviously. So you can't blame any business or any person for keeping their life moving along. Money has to be made.

Well if there was a legitimate lockdown where a legitimate stimulus was passed in the beginning of this, we wouldn't be in as bad of a place as we currently are 10 months after and wouldn't need constant stimulus checks. It required a coordinated and coherent plan which was not given. Now everyone is tired of quarantining, there's a much more infection strain of the virus ravaging our country, and businesses are struggling. Meanwhile, many of the hard hit countries in Asia who took the lockdown seriously in the earlier months, are living life somewhat normally.
Da Doctor
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,461

Post#220 » by Da Doctor » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 pm

Philadelphia 76ers: 1955, 1967, 1983
Philadelphia Eagles: 1948, 1949, 1960, 2017
Philadelphia Phillies: 1980, 2008
Philadelphia Flyers: 1974, 1975
Philadelphia Union: SOON

Return to Philadelphia 76ers