Image ImageImage Image

Bulls vs Celtics 1/12 postponed

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Re: Bulls vs Celtics 1/12 postponed 

Post#21 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:58 pm

Little Nathan wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Nba is rigged league. So it is okay for Bulls to just played 7 games with 4 players and with them our west trip would have gone 3-1 not 1-3, but cry babies Celtics lose 5 players with Brown,Smart,Teague,Theiss,Ojele,Pritchards,Nesmith,Green,Fall still available and their game is canceled. Refs robbed us Gsw and Clippers game and Nba steal Kings and Lakers game from us. This season is irregular imo.

Multiple players on your list are actually not available, but I guess I won’t change your mind on this.

Why do people who believe this crazy stuff still follow the NBA? I don’t get it.

Espn injury list have only Tatum,Thompson and both Williams out from covid protocol. My problem is why Silver let Bulls play 7 games without 4 players and canceling games for other teams. I want equality in those type of decisions. To answer your question i cannot watch these kind of games anymore. Mainly watching only Bulls because i still have little passion about them.
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#22 » by Andi Obst » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:07 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Nba is rigged league. So it is okay for Bulls to just played 7 games with 4 players and with them our west trip would have gone 3-1 not 1-3, but cry babies Celtics lose 5 players with Brown,Smart,Teague,Theiss,Ojele,Pritchards,Nesmith,Green,Fall still available and their game is canceled. Refs robbed us Gsw and Clippers game and Nba steal Kings and Lakers game from us. This season is irregular imo.

Multiple players on your list are actually not available, but I guess I won’t change your mind on this.

Why do people who believe this crazy stuff still follow the NBA? I don’t get it.

Espn injury list have only Tatum,Thompson and both Williams out from covid protocol. My problem is why Silver let Bulls play 7 games without 4 players and canceling games for other teams. I want equality in those type of decisions. To answer your question i cannot watch these kind of games anymore. Mainly watching only Bulls because i still have little passion about them.

Brown, Green and Ojeleye are also in COVID protocol and were ruled out for that postponed Heat game. There might be more guys now, who knows. Marcus Smart is dealing with an injury too. At some point it’s just too much.

Nobody wants to see more of that Sixers Nuggets game last week, right?
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,744

Post#23 » by dougthonus » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:28 pm

Feels to me the league's contact tracing protocols are too severe, especially given that its likely a lot of people whom are forced to sit out are already likely immune. Would be interesting if they were able to do antibody tests and exclude people from contact tracing that show immunity.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#24 » by VolumePoster » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:56 pm

dougthonus wrote:Feels to me the league's contact tracing protocols are too severe, especially given that its likely a lot of people whom are forced to sit out are already likely immune. Would be interesting if they were able to do antibody tests and exclude people from contact tracing that show immunity.

They should be considered essential. They are essential to my mental health.
VolumePoster
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,025

Post#25 » by VolumePoster » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:56 pm

dougthonus wrote:Feels to me the league's contact tracing protocols are too severe, especially given that its likely a lot of people whom are forced to sit out are already likely immune. Would be interesting if they were able to do antibody tests and exclude people from contact tracing that show immunity.

They should be considered essential workers and get immunized. They are essential to my mental health.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,075

Post#26 » by MrSparkle » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:24 pm

Welp saw that coming. Onto OKC!
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#27 » by sco » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:33 pm

Optimistically, this helps from a return from COVID perspective as well as giving Coby some time for his ankle to heal-up...he looked gimpy in Clips game.
:clap:
Cardinalsfan27
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#28 » by Cardinalsfan27 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:51 pm

Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

The Bulls still had a healthy 8-9 man rotation, the Celtics have 7-8 guys not available.
CjayC
RealGM
And1: 1,141

Post#29 » by CjayC » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:36 pm

terry wrote:They should expand rosters to 20 players.

This. Under the circumstances teams should be able to carry more players. Especially with this condensed schedule where fatigue and ultimately injury is going to be more of a factor.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#30 » by The Force. » Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:56 pm

Bogut said players are permitted two (random) guests per hotel room. If true that's the dumbest thing I've heard in awhile.

With that said, I'm glad our guys get a breather and chance to regroup. They've been playing heavy minutes in games down to the wire. Hopefully they'll be at close to full strength on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#31 » by Jiipee84 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:48 am

NHL allowed teams to use ''taxi squad'' named rotation which are players who travel with the team
but playing time is not guaranteed and allowing that taxi squad in NBA would be good idea
because that would help all teams to play all games as planned
so why not NBA cannot even try or test that.

I'm always thought that Gary Bettman is most idiotic commissioner in North American sport.
But now it shows that Adam Silver isn't better than Bettman.
What a goddamn joke.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,009

Post#32 » by Am2626 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:19 am

FriedRise wrote:They need to let teams expand the roster to maybe a few more 2-way contracts. Maybe even consider bringing back the bubble.

I don’t think the bubble is practical but they should definitely expand the rosters so that any team has the ability to dress the appropriate number of players in any given game. With the G League that shouldn’t be a problem. Canceling games like this isn’t sustainable.
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#33 » by FriedRise » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:02 am

Am2626 wrote:
FriedRise wrote:They need to let teams expand the roster to maybe a few more 2-way contracts. Maybe even consider bringing back the bubble.

I don’t think the bubble is practical but they should definitely expand the rosters so that any team has the ability to dress the appropriate number of players in any given game. With the G League that shouldn’t be a problem. Canceling games like this isn’t sustainable.

Yeah I thought about the G-League, but aren't they playing their season at the Disney World bubble this year?
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#34 » by Indomitable » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:37 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:NHL allowed teams to use ''taxi squad'' named rotation which are players who travel with the team
but playing time is not guaranteed and allowing that taxi squad in NBA would be good idea
because that would help all teams to play all games as planned
so why not NBA cannot even try or test that.

I'm always thought that Gary Bettman is most idiotic commissioner in North American sport.
But now it shows that Adam Silver isn't better than Bettman.
What a goddamn joke.
You seemed shocked
:banghead:
FriedRise
RealGM
And1: 13,058

Post#35 » by FriedRise » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:17 pm

Hope they use the extra time off this week working on the defense, especially the perimeter and defending the 3 point shots. If they can just get to league average with that kind of offense (even a slight dip), we might have something here.
KissedByaRose1
Pro Prospect
And1: 427

Post#36 » by KissedByaRose1 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:56 pm

HomoSapien wrote:They're probably going to be forced to shut down the season at some point. I wouldn't be opposed to just seeing a March Madness-style single elimination tourney in a bubble with all 30 teams.

I don't think so. If the NFL/MLB powered through their respective seasons NBA is going to do the same. too much $$ at stake and honestly there haven't been nearly enough cancelled games where they'd need to be discussing that yet.

**** Kyrie though and other guys not taking this seriously. Super selfish to fans like us/all of the other people who depend on the league to run for paychecks.
DuckIII wrote: We can't out-Miami, Miami. But based on their roster, we can out-Chicago them.
pylb
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#37 » by pylb » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:10 am

I wouldn't mind teams that don't have a sufficient number of players simply forfeiting the game, as in soccer.

But whatever, hope we use it as an opportunity for rest and coaching.
DroseReturnChi
RealGM
And1: 3,142

Post#38 » by DroseReturnChi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:42 am

Cardinalsfan27 wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:
Little Nathan wrote:

The Bulls still had a healthy 8-9 man rotation, the Celtics have 7-8 guys not available.

Well weak teams with 7 guys were forced to play I am pretty sure the Bulls will too.
But celtics are the elite so they will never play at a disadvantage. its rigged.
Doncic will be goat. Lauri will be his sidekick.
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#39 » by Dez » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:18 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Cardinalsfan27 wrote:
Kukoc-Lauri wrote:Espn injury list have only Tatum,Thompson and both Williams out from covid protocol. My problem is why Silver let Bulls play 7 games without 4 players and canceling games for other teams. I want equality in those type of decisions. To answer your question i cannot watch these kind of games anymore. Mainly watching only Bulls because i still have little passion about them.

Well weak teams with 7 guys were forced to play I am pretty sure the Bulls will too.
But celtics are the elite so they will never play at a disadvantage. its rigged.

Every team has had 8 players but Philly chose not to play Mike Scott after upgrading him to available and left Ben Simmons off of the injury report, there was no rigging just incompetence from Philly.
Cardinalsfan27
Freshman
And1: 37

Post#40 » by Cardinalsfan27 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:10 pm

Dez wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
Cardinalsfan27 wrote:

Every team has had 8 players but Philly chose not to play Mike Scott after upgrading him to available and left Ben Simmons off of the injury report, there was no rigging just incompetence from Philly.

Exactly. This isn’t any kind of conspiracy theory against the Bulls or anyone else. Philly played it stupidly and it backfired.

Return to Chicago Bulls