Trade Oubre PRONTO.

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Re: Trade Oubre PRONTO. 

Post#161 » by Samurai » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:25 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Again, it’s not about his shooting. It’s his lack of understanding of how to move within the system. He allows the opposing teams to load up on Steph.

I know he can shoot better. That’s only part of the issue.

He has so many more on court issues other than the shooting woes. Watching him play makes me wonder if he’s ever been coached before.

So many players today, such as Oubre, only play one year of college so they just don't get the same amount of developmental coaching that someone with several more years of college experience receives. And Oubre played 69 NBA games his rookie year so I assume he received little or no time in the G league to receive developmental coaching. Guys with off-the-chart athleticism often feel that their ability to run, jump and dunk automatically equates to basketball skill without any understanding of how offensive and defensive rotations really work.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#162 » by killmongrel » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:33 pm

I still believe that giving up on Oubre this early is a mistake. But here is a trade idea you guys might like.

Kelly Oubre/Looney/fillers/picks for LaMarcus Aldridge.

We offload salary that we are most likely getting rid of next year while getting a guy that will help us compete this year. Maybe we even consider it as an option going forward.

Steph/Wanamaker/Poole/Mannion
Lee/Bazemore/Mulder
Wiggins/JTA
Draymond/Paschall
LaMarcus/Wiseman/Chriss/Smailagic
jaymo123
Starter
And1: 751

Post#163 » by jaymo123 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:53 pm

killmongrel wrote:I still believe that giving up on Oubre this early is a mistake. But here is a trade idea you guys might like.

Kelly Oubre/Looney/fillers/picks for LaMarcus Aldridge.

We offload salary that we are most likely getting rid of next year while getting a guy that will help us compete this year. Maybe we even consider it as an option going forward.

Steph/Wanamaker/Poole/Mannion
Lee/Bazemore/Mulder
Wiggins/JTA
Draymond/Paschall
LaMarcus/Wiseman/Chriss/Smailagic

I like Aldridge but he would stunt Wiseman's growth. Oubre needs more time to understand the system and improve on his basketball IQ. I would give him another month and then think about trading him.
ahmetmekin
Pro Prospect
And1: 476

Post#164 » by ahmetmekin » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:10 pm

The last time I disliked a Warriors player that much was Jordan Bell. Oubre is a joy killer, also a fantastic Curry stopper with his low BBIQ.
I would like to get a shooter for him like Bojan Bogdanovic. Oubre+non Minny FRP+filler for a sharp shooter wing is the type of move we need for this year and the next year.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#165 » by Mylie10 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:36 pm

Not hating Oubre personally. Just think his role next to Paschall on the bench with the other guard shooters is the best role for him.

Wanamaker
Lee
Mulder
Oubre
Paschall

That’s a bench with some diversity. Gives you space and also some defense. Add to that the Paschall beast mode and Oubres energy could really tie into that.

Bazemore with the starters gives you another pro, defensive guy, playmaker, and a guy who can knock down open shots and understands spacing.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#166 » by Coxy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:38 pm

Samurai wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Again, it’s not about his shooting. It’s his lack of understanding of how to move within the system. He allows the opposing teams to load up on Steph.

I know he can shoot better. That’s only part of the issue.

He has so many more on court issues other than the shooting woes. Watching him play makes me wonder if he’s ever been coached before.

So many players today, such as Oubre, only play one year of college so they just don't get the same amount of developmental coaching that someone with several more years of college experience receives. And Oubre played 69 NBA games his rookie year so I assume he received little or no time in the G league to receive developmental coaching. Guys with off-the-chart athleticism often feel that their ability to run, jump and dunk automatically equates to basketball skill without any understanding of how offensive and defensive rotations really work.

Literally, every single time Kelly touches the ball and doesn't immediately pass it off, I am expecting him to do something that leaves me wanting to claw my eyes out.

The quote in my sig is no lie, he could actually be Anthony Randolph reincarnated. Lefty, no basketball IQ but amazing athletic ability with glimpes of teasing star like potential, but ultimately very difficult to coach with a lack of natural team orientated instincts and awareness.

He also seems to be a huge confidence guy. When he is confident, he is flexing and mean mugging and all about it, and that seems to be happening when he is allowed to play his natural bad basketball game. When he is charged with playing winning basketball to ONLY his strengths, he gets confused, makes mistakes and then loses his mojo quickly. His teammates and coaches keep urging him to work harder and keep pressing and in time it will come, and hopefully it does, but I can't see a guy with such a terrible basketball IQ ever really understanding the game enough to be a trusted heavy minutes player.

He needs to study Andre Iguadala's game to absolute death, and set a trajectory towards that. He can play heavy minutes if he understands the art of team basketball and ball movement, and focusing on his real strength which is defence.

Prove me wrong Kelly, prove me wrong. At the moment, you are making my eyes bleed and it's not good for my rage.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#167 » by Coxy » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:42 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Not hating Oubre personally. Just think his role next to Paschall on the bench with the other guard shooters is the best role for him.

Wanamaker
Lee
Mulder
Oubre
Paschall

That’s a bench with some diversity. Gives you space and also some defense. Add to that the Paschall beast mode and Oubres energy could really tie into that.

Bazemore with the starters gives you another pro, defensive guy, playmaker, and a guy who can knock down open shots and understands spacing.

Word.

I actually like that bench with Paschall beast mode green lit to the max.
Samurai
General Manager
And1: 2,891

Post#168 » by Samurai » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:03 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Not hating Oubre personally. Just think his role next to Paschall on the bench with the other guard shooters is the best role for him.

Wanamaker
Lee
Mulder
Oubre
Paschall

Bazemore starting over Oubre would be an improvement. But I would prefer to ride the hot hand and start Lee, leaving the bench as Wanamaker, Bazemore, Mulder, Oubre, Paschall. I think that Lee is a bit better playing the "Klay role" as a catch-and-shoot guy and that's the kind of guy I'd like to see matched with Curry. Bazemore may be a bit better defensively (although Lee seems to have picked up his energy on defense and on the defensive glass this year) but we also have Dray and Wiggins to help with defense in the 1st unit. With Draymond on the bench, having defensive pests like Oubre, Bazemore and Wanamaker can help offset that.

Lee isn't going to finish the year shooting 49% on 3's just as Oubre won't finish the year shooting 14% (yes, Bazemore is shooting 50% but with only a third of the attempts that Lee has). But until Lee cools off, I'd like to see him start with Curry.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#169 » by lars_rosenberg » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:13 pm

Samurai wrote:I would prefer to ride the hot hand and start Lee, leaving the bench as Wanamaker, Bazemore, Mulder, Oubre, Paschall. I think that Lee is a bit better playing the "Klay role" as a catch-and-shoot guy and that's the kind of guy I'd like to see matched with Curry.

Of course, they are the splash brothers-in-law.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#170 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:16 pm

Would you trade Oubre, Looney, and Poole for Buddy Hield?

https://fadeawayworld.net/2021/01/02/nba-rumors-golden-state-warriors-could-land-buddy-hield-for-kelly-oubre-jr-kevon-looney-and-jordan-poole/

I think this would be an awesome trade, but we would definitely need another center. We could use the DPE to sign Dedmon or even change the trade somehow to keep Looney. If we could also manage to pry away Kyle Guy from them then even better. While I think Oubre is actually a pretty good player when he isn't going 0-6 from 3, with Buddy Hield we would have an awesome offense that is capable of blowing out even the best teams on certain nights. That said, we would have over $154 million invested in 5 guys and once Klay comes back one of them will be coming off the bench.

What are this board's thoughts on Buddy Hield? Is he just another JR Smith?
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#171 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:46 am

Something to watch for if the Kings fall out of contention, Barnes may be a better choice. Career 37.5% 3-point shooter.

But he's got 22.3, 20.3 and 18.3 million left on his deal so I they'd have to throw in a couple of players to match salaries with Oubre.

If Sacto falls out of playoffs contention, they may want to get rid of his contract.

Hield has 3 years left on his deal after this year vs. only 2 for Harrison. Warriors need a wing back, not a shooting guard who's probably a liability on defense.
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#172 » by killmongrel » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:52 am

wco81 wrote:Something to watch for if the Kings fall out of contention, Barnes may be a better choice. Career 37.5% 3-point shooter.

But he's got 22.3, 20.3 and 18.3 million left on his deal so I they'd have to throw in a couple of players to match salaries with Oubre.

If Sacto falls out of playoffs contention, they may want to get rid of his contract.

Hield has 3 years left on his deal after this year vs. only 2 for Harrison. Warriors need a wing back, not a shooting guard who's probably a liability on defense.
I said this itt or another but I would trade Oubre/Looney. If Excremento is just determined to get rid of his contract then maybe just get some fillers. But I don't know if the Warriors want to add 22 million to their payroll next season, as well as keeping Looney and drafting a lottery pick. That would be ridiculous.
northoakland510
Starter
And1: 607

Post#173 » by northoakland510 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:12 pm

If Oubre remains a starter Kerr has to have a quick hook.
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#174 » by watch1958 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:55 pm

I'd have loved to use him to pry Holmes away from Sac, but I think Richaun is playing too well for that now. Maybe instead get GR3 & Robert Woodard & take Jabari's contract (ends this year).
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#175 » by FNQ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:57 pm

At the deadline we should just trade Oubre for whatever comparable 2 year deal is out there, with the worst player attached to it. Try and get a couple 2nds for doing so. That way in the offseason we have salary ballast in case there's a monster deal available with Wiseman, the 1sts, and the salary ballast
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#176 » by Old_Blue » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:46 pm

While not a fan of this guy in any way, I am concerned that maybe the criticism is too harsh. Everyone is distancing themselves from him, trying to remove him. Sure, he's routinely made atrocious face palm mistakes. But, deep down inside, he's just trying to make the team great again!
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#177 » by Ilovethebay » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:18 am

Old_Blue wrote:While not a fan of this guy in any way, I am concerned that maybe the criticism is too harsh. Everyone is distancing themselves from him, trying to remove him. Sure, he's routinely made atrocious face palm mistakes. But, deep down inside, he's just trying to make the team great again!

I’ve been a huge critic of him too and this is how I feel as well. I’ve also criticized Kerr for starting him but it’s probably the right move in retrospect. He’s going to come out of his slump at some point. It also appears that he really cares on the defensive side. Wings are hard to come by. Soon I expect him to learn how to play with Steph and Dray. He’s a dog, not the smartest breed of course. But once he figures it out the payoff could be big.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#178 » by Impuniti » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:38 am

His scoring will even out, it's a matter of time. To me, it's more about off the ball defense. Fix that, don't be a tryhard on steals and keep doing what you're doing on the D.
Outside
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,082

Post#179 » by Outside » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:44 am

If he can be part of the new on-a-string defense to finish games, that's enough for me.

There's no way he'll be this bad offensively all season, right? Right?
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#180 » by tarantism » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:34 am

I might be mistaken but Oubre doesn't seem super interested in being part of the team either. I don't see him getting excited for other guys or doing a lot of communicating out there. He sure likes to celebrate his own plays though.

Again, I may just have missed it. I'll keep a closer eye.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off

Return to Golden State Warriors