Game 10: MEM @ CLE 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:40 pm

Read on Twitter
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Re: Game 10: MEM @ CLE 

Post#2 » by Whole Truth » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:53 am

9 out of 10 ... Cavs shot 11 of 26 from 3 & Memphis didn't even play well.

Drummond looks like Love is teaching him the art of flopping.

The way Drummond was flopping, I was rolling in laughter when he touched Anderson before the tip only to have Anderson slowly flop, LMAO. Drummond should have just played the game on his back.

It shouldn't be NBA, it should be NFA, the National flopping Association.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#3 » by VCfor3 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:23 pm

Whole Truth wrote:9 out of 10 ... Cavs shot 11 of 26 from 3 & Memphis didn't even play well.

The way Drummond was flopping, I was rolling in laughter when he touched Anderson before the tip only to have Anderson slowly flop, LMAO. Drummond should have just played the game on his back.

I lost it when that happened hahaha.

All in all a decent game. Interesting that Tillman seems to be taking Dieng's minutes. I'm ready for Winslow, JJJ, and Ja to be back but I don't expect it to be anytime this week. Apparently in order to get the hardship exception that we used on Tim Frazier, you have to have at least four people who are expected to be out for at least two weeks. So we still probably have a bit more time (a week?) before we see any of them though Ja seems to be recovering ahead of schedule. Then again we are being extra cautious so maybe they'll keep Ja out additional time even if he is ready to go soon.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#4 » by Whole Truth » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:57 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:9 out of 10 ... Cavs shot 11 of 26 from 3 & Memphis didn't even play well.

All in all a decent game. Interesting that Tillman seems to be taking Dieng's minutes. I'm ready for Winslow, JJJ, and Ja to be back but I don't expect it to be anytime this week. Apparently in order to get the hardship exception that we used on Tim Frazier, you have to have at least four people who are expected to be out for at least two weeks. So we still probably have a bit more time (a week?) before we see any of them though Ja seems to be recovering ahead of schedule. Then again we are being extra cautious so maybe they'll keep Ja out additional time even if he is ready to go soon.

Memphis rotations & usage I believe shows that they were using the extra cautious approach to get a truer sense of what they have/development along with hoping for a slow start/tank. The other game where Jonas had to sit second half, I thought that was planned but it looks like they were giving the expiring Dieng DNP's for the future option, Tillman, who has looked solid in his limited minutes, making Deings strong start & large expiring a nice trade chip having Tillman to potentially & successfully fill that void, if traded.

At this point, in wanting a top pick in this draft to land a future wing, I don't know if it's a good or bad thing with 3 starters out they have a better start to this season than last having faced the defending Champs twice in 9 games .. along with losing 4, close, winnable games, with the Cavs lost, decided by a bad call in the final minute which would have them at 500, 5-5, a half game out of a playoff spot. Where it's not hard to imagine a healthy squad could have been 7-3 to start the year, which would put them in the top half of the West/league & that shouldn't be a bad thing, unfortunately it could be considering a wing in this draft would address this teams issues on the wing & broaden, solidify, improve it's future upside.

One thing is certain, by the end of this year, Memphis will have a better idea, know, what they want & need to improve. who to keep or not to keep as they are reaching a point where they will need to trim the roster for effective playing time as they currently have a solid backup C playing great, making 17m, racking up DNP's.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:45 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

Memphis rotations & usage I believe shows that they were using the extra cautious approach to get a truer sense of what they have/development along with hoping for a slow start/tank. The other game where Jonas had to sit second half, I thought that was planned but it looks like they were giving the expiring Dieng DNP's for the future option, Tillman, who has looked solid in his limited minutes, making Deings strong start & large expiring a nice trade chip having Tillman to potentially & successfully fill that void, if traded.

At this point, in wanting a top pick in this draft to land a future wing, I don't know if it's a good or bad thing with 3 starters out they have a better start to this season than last having faced the defending Champs twice in 9 games .. along with losing 4, close, winnable games, with the Cavs lost, decided by a bad call in the final minute which would have them at 500, 5-5, a half game out of a playoff spot. Where it's not hard to imagine a healthy squad could have been 7-3 to start the year, which would put them in the top half of the West/league & that shouldn't be a bad thing, unfortunately it could be considering a wing in this draft would address this teams issues on the wing & broaden, solidify, improve it's future upside.

One thing is certain, by the end of this year, Memphis will have a better idea, know, what they want & need to improve. who to keep or not to keep as they are reaching a point where they will need to trim the roster for effective playing time as they currently have a solid backup C playing great, making 17m, racking up DNP's.

I know we got lucky and hit a few teams when they were even more injury ravaged than us, but I was kinda hoping for a good pick since I think we are still one player away and this is possibly our best shot of getting there. If Ja, JJJ, and Winslow come back and Ja keeps getting better after his great start we may be looking at the playoffs.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies