ImageImage

GT: Game #11 - Charlotte Vs New York (Jan 11th)

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,216

Re: GT: Game #11 - Charlotte Vs New York (Jan 11th) 

Post#101 » by amcoolio » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 am

We won by 21 but I feel we played rather sloppy
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,734

Post#102 » by Diop » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:23 am

BigSlam wrote:Guys like Wallace and Walker were our most consistent effort guys - they literally just gave their all every single night.

But is Gordo our most consistent productive player?

I know it's only been 10 1/2 games and a small sample size, but geez - he just produces in such a consistent way quarter by quarter, game by game.

i havent watched this game, but in what I've seen, its that he makes it look so effortless. always at his own pace, never looks rushed, just smooth.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#103 » by DY_nasty » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:27 am

amcoolio wrote:We won by 21 but I feel we played rather sloppy

it was sloppy but good

i think RJ did us a lot of favors and thibs just kinda refused to stick with what was working... but overall one of our best games of the year imo
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#104 » by BigSlam » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:37 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Thibs is going to run Barrett into the ground before he even becomes an average NBA player

Regardless of how he is handled I'm not sure Barrett will ever be much more than just a "meh" player.

He just has far too many holes in his game for my liking.
B B M F 'ers
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#105 » by vtime » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:41 am

Hornets lead the league in assists and are a top 10 defense and play a great zone. Who saw that coming?
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#106 » by BigSlam » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:42 am

Diop wrote:
BigSlam wrote:Guys like Wallace and Walker were our most consistent effort guys - they literally just gave their all every single night.

I know it's only been 10 1/2 games and a small sample size, but geez - he just produces in such a consistent way quarter by quarter, game by game.

i havent watched this game, but in what I've seen, its that he makes it look so effortless. always at his own pace, never looks rushed, just smooth.

Jackson had those "purple patches" in some games (every now and then) when he would have a 10min period or so where he would just go nuts and be hitting shots all over the place - but prior to that 10mins he'd be kinda ordinary and after that 10mins even worse (because his confidence would be high) but at the end of the game, because of that 10mins his stat line would look healthy with 20+points.

But Gordo just does his thing every game, every quarter, most every time he has the ball. He just quietly and effectively accumulates stats and impacts games in a positive way.
B B M F 'ers
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,525

Post#107 » by HornetJail » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:54 am

BigSlam wrote:
Diop wrote:

Jackson had those "purple patches" in some games (every now and then) when he would have a 10min period or so where he would just go nuts and be hitting shots all over the place - but prior to that 10mins he'd be kinda ordinary and after that 10mins even worse (because his confidence would be high) but at the end of the game, because of that 10mins his stat line would look healthy with 20+points.

But Gordo just does his thing every game, every quarter, most every time he has the ball. He just quietly and effectively accumulates stats and impacts games in a positive way.

I'm glad you mentioned Jack because I was just thinking a couple days ago that Gordon kinda makes me think about what Jack would've been if he was focused on being an efficient scorer and was more steady than streaky.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,044

Post#108 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 am

BigSlam wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Thibs is going to run Barrett into the ground before he even becomes an average NBA player

Regardless of how he is handled I'm not sure Barrett will ever be much more than just a "meh" player.

He just has far too many holes in his game for my liking.

Yeah I hated him even at Duke.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#109 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:10 am

We've done an exceptional job at limiting the opponents best player this season. Doncic, Trae Young (twice), and now Randle.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,164

Post#110 » by SWedd523 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:12 am

Everybody on the roster not named Malik Monk got minutes lolllllllll
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#111 » by Liver_Pooty » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:13 am

SWedd523 wrote:Everybody on the roster not named Malik Monk got minutes lolllllllll

Yeah that guys done something behind the scenes, and all we can do is speculate.

Personally I've never liked his game, but sheesh.
vorbis
Veteran
And1: 671

Post#112 » by vorbis » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:14 am

BigSlam wrote:
Diop wrote:

+1 for the purple patch memories
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,143

Post#113 » by JMAC3 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:33 am

What a weird game. Hard to see a way that team has won 5 games this season, just no shooting and felt like their offense was super slow and boring. Did not think we played all that well for most of the game and we looked sloppy for long stretches.

I know they were missing a few guys, but even just the beginning of the game was like watching an overmatched division 2 team who was just settling for long jumpers even though they aren't good shooters. Barrett especially just looked exhausted every time he touched the ball, was expecting Randle to be a bigger factor but even he seemed super disinterested.

Graham looked like his old self tonight. Still has not had a game where he is just lights out shooting, but I think it is coming. Tonight is the type of game LaMelo will have sometimes where he can't get his scoring going, but he is still going to always impact the game in so many ways.

PJ looked really good tonight, came out aggressive and thought he just played a really good game without worrying about the box score.

Gordo showing everyone why you spend up to get a player in his tier and not go the cheaper route of Bogdanovic, Gallo or Grant. He just has a better skill set and he impacts the game so much.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!

Return to Charlotte Hornets