ImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4)

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 583

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#121 » by MasterGMer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:35 am

Are we playing the Boston game on Wednesday? Does Boston have 8 guys at least?
Magicfanatic82
Junior
And1: 200

Re: 2020-2021 Regular Season Game 11: Milwaukee Bucks (6-4) at Orlando Magic (6-4) 

Post#122 » by Magicfanatic82 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:40 am

KillMonger wrote:If i'm weltham i'm thinking around now is the time to have that "talk" with ownership.....to me this is the perfect time to cut your losses and turn the page...,.Injuries ravaging the team pretty much took all the air out of our sails and there's nothing really we can do about it.....i honestly don't like the mentality around "tanking" but man....you'd be naive to not see how this is not the perfect opportunity to tank....we have the perfect built in excuse

Management would not have to do much. This team is a AG and Evan trade away from bottoming out. Once done it only makes sense to play the youth.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#123 » by RookieStar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:25 am

MasterGMer wrote:Are we playing the Boston game on Wednesday? Does Boston have 8 guys at least?

Who knows... league might postpone it if they lose 1 more.
cedric76
RealGM
And1: 3,186

Post#124 » by cedric76 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:56 am

Magicfanatic82 wrote:Too many guys playing roles above thier ability. Bamba looked good. This is the AG everyone wishes for. Save this tape and field trade offers.

Levert here we come
Draft Carter
Sign monk
Trade Cole for a forward
Let chuma+fultz go
Offer goga a 1+1 deal

unleash Jett next seaon

Go Magic
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,276

Post#125 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:58 am

Ducklett wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I would love to hear an argument for why I should be excited about Cole Anthony. Seems like a nice kid who plays hard, but he is exactly what I feared he was coming out of college.

Him still being young and having time to develop doesn’t get me excited. Not when I struggle to see a ceiling higher than possible microwave scorer off the bench for him.

Would you say the same about Nesmith? I mean he is the guy we wanted to take that wasn't Cole. He looks worse on both sides of the ball thus far lol.

Nemith is on contender, didn't get big chance, watch him against us next, on bigger PT and i'm sure he'll look good. Same was with Maxey.
Cole gets a loooot of PT and looks like G league callup
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,532

Post#126 » by SOUL » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:32 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:
PrimeThyme wrote:I would love to hear an argument for why I should be excited about Cole Anthony. Seems like a nice kid who plays hard, but he is exactly what I feared he was coming out of college.

Him still being young and having time to develop doesn’t get me excited. Not when I struggle to see a ceiling higher than possible microwave scorer off the bench for him.

Would you say the same about Nesmith? I mean he is the guy we wanted to take that wasn't Cole. He looks worse on both sides of the ball thus far lol.

Nemith is on contender, didn't get big chance, watch him against us next, on bigger PT and i'm sure he'll look good. Same was with Maxey.

Celts fans have been **** on Nesmith tbh

Payton Pritchard though.. good player
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#127 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:55 am

SOUL wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
Ducklett wrote:

Nesmith played amazing total of 3 games and 38 and half min :lol:
For comparison, Cole played bit over 250 min

In general on body alone , Nesmith has bigger chance at being useful, 6'5 /220 pounds shooting guard

Prichard was college god at year 4. He reminds m on Barea, Campazzo, ish Smith, Jennings and all those very small guards who have incredible shift in directions and speed, but ofc they lack any size.
Chris Paul made it work, most of them don't defend well enough
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,532

Post#128 » by SOUL » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:00 am

pepe1991 wrote:
SOUL wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:

In general on body alone , Nesmith has bigger chance at being useful, 6'5 /220 pounds shooting guard

Yeah but they said he's looked lost/scared and if he's not shooting then isn't doing much else well. Feel like he could carve out minutes eventually.
pepe1991
RealGM

Post#129 » by pepe1991 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:06 am

SOUL wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:
SOUL wrote:

Yeah but they said he's looked lost/scared and if he's not shooting then isn't doing much else well. Feel like he could carve out minutes eventually.

Took 12 shots :lol:

I mean sure, stat line is terrible ,but we talk about less than lenght of 1 regular game for his playtime.

In hindsight Haliburton would be miracle for our team. Point guard that is actually - playmaker, can defend and can shoot. At worst Brogdon, at best... who knows.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,400

Post#130 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:38 am

I'm happy to keep giving Cole all the minutes he can handle, but right now I'm not expecting him to be any more than a future Burke/DJ calibre player. Good to get hot on a night but not consistently. Reliable enough to start in a pinch if players are injured but not a long term option.

We need some more prospects to keep the season interesting, but I don't think moves are considered until we fall below .500 and Evan is back.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,586

Post#131 » by Rainwater » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:27 am

MasterGMer wrote:Are we playing the Boston game on Wednesday? Does Boston have 8 guys at least?

Covid19 is the only thing can stop the downward spiral that magic are about to go on lol.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,145

Post#132 » by Def Swami » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:33 pm

I'm more upset by the Magic keeping the same "City" court as last year despite changing the jerseys. They're so lazy, boring, and uninspiring. It doesn't even match the jerseys smh.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#133 » by KillMonger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:02 pm

Bensational wrote:I'm happy to keep giving Cole all the minutes he can handle, but right now I'm not expecting him to be any more than a future Burke/DJ calibre player. Good to get hot on a night but not consistently. Reliable enough to start in a pinch if players are injured but not a long term option.

We need some more prospects to keep the season interesting, but I don't think moves are considered until we fall below .500 and Evan is back.

that's what he always was going to be....Burke/DJ/Austin Rivers....maybe a bit better than these guys or maybe a bit worse....but that's the ballpark right there....for some reason people had sky high expectations for the #15 pick
ChosenSavior
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 12,740

Post#134 » by ChosenSavior » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:16 pm

NBA has officially postponed the Boston game for Wednesday.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#135 » by RookieStar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:15 pm

ChosenSavior wrote:

NBA has officially postponed the Boston game for Wednesday.

League trying its best not to give us an easy win. Conversely, league also tries to save us from embarrassment of getting spanked by a depleted 8-man G league team.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,400

Post#136 » by Bensational » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:22 pm

KillMonger wrote:
Bensational wrote:I'm happy to keep giving Cole all the minutes he can handle, but right now I'm not expecting him to be any more than a future Burke/DJ calibre player. Good to get hot on a night but not consistently. Reliable enough to start in a pinch if players are injured but not a long term option.

that's what he always was going to be....Burke/DJ/Austin Rivers....maybe a bit better than these guys or maybe a bit worse....but that's the ballpark right there....for some reason people had sky high expectations for the #15 pick

I'd say people probably had high hopes rather than expectations, sans a small few. If his shots ever fall with consistency and efficiency it would jump his value up tremendously.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 10,006

Post#137 » by KillMonger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:21 am

Bensational wrote:
KillMonger wrote:

I'd say people probably had high hopes rather than expectations, sans a small few. If his shots ever fall with consistency and efficiency it would jump his value up tremendously.

I hope the shots fall as well, it would open his game up a bit more if the defense have to respect it...i still don't know how someone that's shooting 90% from the free throw isn't hitting his shots.....There isn't any hitch in his shot.....he's on balance....might be mental.....For me Cole Anthony is probably an Austin Rivers.....who could be a Jordan Clarkson....but hopes he's a Monta Ellis.

Either way for me i am only going to judge him after the season, i need to see a full body of work because there are so many ebbs and flows throughout the season...like there is nothing stopping cole from figuring stuff out later in the season and finishing strong....so yeah i need to see a full season
Tarheel
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#138 » by Tarheel » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:52 am

KillMonger wrote:
Bensational wrote:
KillMonger wrote:that's what he always was going to be....Burke/DJ/Austin Rivers....maybe a bit better than these guys or maybe a bit worse....but that's the ballpark right there....for some reason people had sky high expectations for the #15 pick

I hope the shots fall as well, it would open his game up a bit more if the defense have to respect it...i still don't know how someone that's shooting 90% from the free throw isn't hitting his shots.....There isn't any hitch in his shot.....he's on balance....might be mental.....For me Cole Anthony is probably an Austin Rivers.....who could be a Jordan Clarkson....but hopes he's a Monta Ellis.

Either way for me i am only going to judge him after the season, i need to see a full body of work because there are so many ebbs and flows throughout the season...like there is nothing stopping cole from figuring stuff out later in the season and finishing strong....so yeah i need to see a full season

There's also no precedent for rookies coming in without a summer league or a full preseason. Not to give him excuses, because he's looked pretty bad in stretches, but there have also been flashes there. Got to give the kid some time to figure it out.

Worst case he has the body and skillset of DJ Augustin with a 40 inch vertical. He'll be fine once the game slows down for him IMO.
Last Guardian
RealGM
And1: 3,935

Post#139 » by Last Guardian » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:56 am

Glad I missed this one. Well, not that it matters, it seems most games going forward will be like this. Fultz playmaking was no joke.

As for Cole, it’s not like we drafted him to start, we extended Fultz so it’s clear he was supposed to be the backup for a long time if they even liked him at all. And the comments about size I just have to roll my eyes, I would kill to be 6’2 and jump like him. Don’t compare his size to DJ lol, DJ is no bigger than me

Return to Orlando Magic