ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Trade Thread (EPISODE VI: Can't we just put EVERYTHING in the TE?) 

Post#461 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:24 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Coxy wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Ah see I think you guys would be smarter to be thinking for next year, and I don’t see Wiggins having a role once Klay returns.

Wiggins who at this point is a role player for Lowry who is an all star seemed like a no brainer to me. As a Toronto fan I know our team would get 15 wins worse making that move, which is kind of why I want it haha

1. Would Lowry be OK coming off the bench next season?
2. Would Lowry resign with us for a cheaper, bench role.

Wiggins absolutely has a role with the Warriors, especially on defence. The lineup next season will be Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Green/Wiseman, so Lowry leading the bench unit and possibly being involved in the death lineup I can see. Wiggins for Lowry doesn't work, because Kyle Lowry will be 35 this season, 36 next season. Unless Kyle is drinking the Lebron fountain of youth, we aren't trading a 25 yr old above average wingman with great defence for a guy that will play 1, maybe 2 more seasons before his age will dramatically effect his play.

The only thing that makes sense here on our end is Oubre +/+ for Lowry, but the salaries are WAY off and we don't have the external salaries to bridge the gap.

Wiggins must be playing better than he did last year and in Minny. I never thought he would be an untouchable piece haha

Nowhere near untouchable, but the fact that he's doing well in our system gives us the right to be picky. Most fans are assuming he's just as bad, or worse, as he was in Minnesota. Hell the GB was calling him lazy as of a few days ago.. in reference to how he's played THIS season. Saying they thought he was lazy this year!

Most trade offers for Wiggins are like this:

- fan sees that W's clearly won the Wiggins trade
- fan wants his team to get a little of that winning action
- fan offers trade where Wiggins' value is the exact same as it was when we traded for him, makes it seem like its this huge favor to take him off our hands, and all it costs us is a ton of assets - and we dont get anything in return other than useless hardcap space

I dont think your offer falls under that, but it just doesn't fit what we need. Like I said - we can be picky, because he's playing well for us. We're under no pressure to move him unless it makes sense for us to do so
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#462 » by Mylie10 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:25 am

And replace Oubre with Klay and life becomes even easier for Wiggy
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 26,895

Post#463 » by YogurtProducer » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:55 pm

Coxy wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Coxy wrote:
1. Would Lowry be OK coming off the bench next season?
2. Would Lowry resign with us for a cheaper, bench role.

Wiggins absolutely has a role with the Warriors, especially on defence. The lineup next season will be Curry/Klay/Wiggins/Green/Wiseman, so Lowry leading the bench unit and possibly being involved in the death lineup I can see. Wiggins for Lowry doesn't work, because Kyle Lowry will be 35 this season, 36 next season. Unless Kyle is drinking the Lebron fountain of youth, we aren't trading a 25 yr old above average wingman with great defence for a guy that will play 1, maybe 2 more seasons before his age will dramatically effect his play.

The only thing that makes sense here on our end is Oubre +/+ for Lowry, but the salaries are WAY off and we don't have the external salaries to bridge the gap.

Wiggins must be playing better than he did last year and in Minny. I never thought he would be an untouchable piece haha

Who said he was untouchable?

Thanks for admitting that you don't even watch games though. These offers make more sense now.

Hyperbole.

I watched the Warriors either first or second game, the one where Wiggins went like 4/16 and then again on Christmas where he bricked a bunch of open 3’s. He must have played a lot better since then based off looking at his game log.

If I remember correctly Wiggins has done this to start seasons before where he comes out nailing 40% of his 3’s and then reverts back to his career averages throughout the year. Last year he put up 27/5/4 in November and shot 40% from 3 as well before falling back off.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Dubnation2020
Ballboy
And1: 5

Post#464 » by Dubnation2020 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:17 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Coxy wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Wiggins must be playing better than he did last year and in Minny. I never thought he would be an untouchable piece haha

Who said he was untouchable?

Thanks for admitting that you don't even watch games though. These offers make more sense now.

Hyperbole.

I watched the Warriors either first or second game, the one where Wiggins went like 4/16 and then again on Christmas where he bricked a bunch of open 3’s. He must have played a lot better since then based off looking at his game log.

If I remember correctly Wiggins has done this to start seasons before where he comes out nailing 40% of his 3’s and then reverts back to his career averages throughout the year. Last year he put up 27/5/4 in November and shot 40% from 3 as well before falling back off.

This time it is different because he is playing on a team that creates a lot of open shots and a coach who is putting him in spota to be successful. I expect him to shoot around 37% from 3pt range and around 45% overall and play good on-the ball defense. Is he a star? No, but I think he can help this team, albeit he is overpaid.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#465 » by SAKURABA216 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:37 pm

killmongrel wrote:I think Excremento is going to just tank this year. What do you guys think about Oubre/Looney for Barnes?

I would rather do Oubre/Looney/Poole for Buddy Hield if that was at all possible. Maybe throw in some 2nd rounders.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#466 » by Mylie10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:48 am

There could be a deal for Reddick at some point. Possible Oubre if he can get on track. For me it’s all about fit.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
killmongrel
Veteran
And1: 1,276

Post#467 » by killmongrel » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:55 am

SAKURABA216 wrote:
killmongrel wrote:I think Excremento is going to just tank this year. What do you guys think about Oubre/Looney for Barnes?

I would rather do Oubre/Looney/Poole for Buddy Hield if that was at all possible. Maybe throw in some 2nd rounders.
Is Hield that significantly better than Lee at this moment? They both defensive liabilities. And Hield is just another low IQ player. I'd rather have Barnes for a varying degree of reasons.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#468 » by marthafokker » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:25 am

Hell... I take Barnes back to not see Oubre again.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#469 » by tarantism » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:43 pm

How's this for a trade:

Cody Zeller and Devonte Graham

For

Kelly Oubre and Kevon Looney.

Now personally I feel like the Warriors make out like bandits in this trade, but Graham has had a disappointing start to the season and moving him opens up a starting spot for LaMelo Ball, which would be a fan pleaser. With Graham almost up for contract he is likely gone anyway because Rozier is a better fit next to LaMelo and still has a few years left anyway.

Oubre gives the Hornets another athletic tempo pusher with good size. He fits well next to LaMelo.

Zeller is dealing with a fractured hand and will be out for a while, so the move leaves GSW temporarily thin at center but long term he is an upgrade over Looney. For the Hornets, they get another guy who can man the middle besides Biyombo which allows them to limit PJ Washington's minutes at the 5.

Graham gives the Warriors a sort of Curry-lite who can create and shoot. Ideally he could play a super-sub role because a Curry/Graham back court is vulnerable defensively. I'd start Lee or Bazemore and let Graham run the second unit while playing spot minutes with the starters and occasionally closing games if his shot is falling.

Sent from my LM-X220PM using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#470 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:08 pm

I see a bright and shiny PJ Tucker sitting on the trading block with apparently no suitors. It almost seems like he was destined to come and play with Draymond.
steveshikadance
Freshman
And1: 32

Post#471 » by steveshikadance » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:54 am

After the Harden trade some nice possible trades for the Warriors, 1) Tucker from HOU 2) Javale from CLE
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#472 » by donkeylips » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:00 am

im hoping for a house or tucker trade
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,180

Post#473 » by xdrta+ » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:01 am

steveshikadance wrote:After the Harden trade some nice possible trades for the Warriors, 1) Tucker from HOU 2) Javale from CLE

I would pass on Javale, but what would you give up for Tucker? That Houston would take, of course.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#474 » by marthafokker » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:59 am

donkeylips wrote:im hoping for a house or tucker trade

Somehow, I read this as... I'm hoping to play house with some tucking.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#475 » by Kuya » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:21 am

Does today prove Ben Simmons is available?

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#476 » by tarantism » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:20 am

Kuya wrote:Does today prove Ben Simmons is available?

For a Harden level star? Maybe. But unless we give them Curry I don't see how GSW could acquire him.

Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#477 » by whatisacenter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:49 am

tarantism wrote:

For a Harden level star? Maybe. But unless we give them Curry I don't see how GSW could acquire him.

Yeah, I like the idea of Curry and Simmons playing together but I don't think he fits with Draymond on a starting roster. Maybe if Philly was looking for a glue guy-defensive leader like Draymond but it would need to include Wiseman and multiple picks and that probably wouldn't be enough.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
tarantism
Lead Assistant

Post#478 » by tarantism » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:43 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
tarantism wrote:

Yeah, I like the idea of Curry and Simmons playing together but I don't think he fits with Draymond on a starting roster. Maybe if Philly was looking for a glue guy-defensive leader like Draymond but it would need to include Wiseman and multiple picks and that probably wouldn't be enough.
If I'm being totally honest, I don't think I would trade Wiseman for Simmons straight up...let alone with multiple picks attached.

Ilovethebay
Senior
And1: 166

Post#479 » by Ilovethebay » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:05 pm

I know most aren’t very high on Zack Lavine but i wonder what it would take. 25 years old, efficient top 5 scorer with upside. I wonder if Oubre, spare parts, and the Minny pick would get it done. I know most want to hold on to that pick but we are gambling that it’s going to be a high pick and that the pick will turn out to be a good to great player. There is a very high possibility that the pic won’t turn out to be as good as Zack. It would be great to use that pick in a way that compliments our current core.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#480 » by whatisacenter » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:13 pm

with Oladipo wanting to end up in Miami I was trying to think of a way to get involved in a multi player trade with Houston and Miami to net Tucker. Anyone have any ideas how we could help facilitate with the DPE? Can it be traded a second time by another team?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe

Return to Golden State Warriors