ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

RealGM
And1: 66,480

Re: PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose 

Post#301 » by 720 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:26 am

Metallikid wrote:
720 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
Because Kyle, Fred, Pascal, Nick, Bobby, Masai AREN'T LOSERS AND THEY WON'T ACCEPT LOSING.

How do none of you guys get this? This is literally a foundational winning culture/integrity issue.

Minor hiccup then we’ll go back to winning next season with our all star caliber draft pick and a center from our 30 million dollar cap space.

"Malachi Flynn is a better point guard than Fred Vanvleet."

Your opinions have no merit.

Hate on the truth idc. Keep enjoying Fred bring our offense to a standstill and watching him dribble the ball for 20 seconds and then go for some bail out pass or contested shot.

You think the league is actively screwing the raptors on purpose by skewing calls towards the other team. :lol:

When in reality we’re just not that good this season.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#302 » by TheBoi10 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:28 am

Lmaoo

Read on Twitter
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,128

Post#303 » by Chandan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:30 am

VinBaker6 wrote:
God Squad wrote:
Steelo Green wrote:I was actually called a Trump supporter for saying this core is weak because of low IQ.

Don't worry, there will be a response quoting me doubling down on it and my mental capacity being lacking :lol:

Facts. I got called an idiot and a new fan because I said we aren't a top seed this year.

I was told to get a life and stop being so negative every season when the last time I was negative on the team was years ago

yeah WINbaker is no pessimist.
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,160

Post#304 » by HiJiNX » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:40 am

WaltFrazier wrote:It's frustrating how the offense seems to slow down and tighten up as the game comes down to the wire. We were moving the ball and playing free and hitting 3's, but then the last few minutes Kyle and Fred over-dribble and take too long to initiate.

This is basically why we lost. Siakam initiating was ruining Portland all evening and then in the fourth quarter our guards/Nurse just abandoned that and the offence stalled.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,160

Post#305 » by HiJiNX » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:41 am

WeThe2019Champs wrote:Sucks but hope they learn not to give Pascal the ball taking the final shot.

No, you keep giving it to him. He gonna get that to fall. It’s not like he hasn’t hit game winners before...in the finals.
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,506

Post#306 » by SFour » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:44 am

dandaman wrote:I can't believe there are still people who aren't pro tank. This doesn't even feel like a real season, games are getting suspended, players are going down left and right, and it seems like its only gonna get worse before it gets better. This team, even if they get their sheet together is a first round exit at best, why miss out on an opportunity to get top 3 pick to maybe squeeze into the playoffs and get swept in a fake season.

exactly...even if the Raptors were looking good this season are they really going to do any damage in the playoffs without the Toronto crowd backing them? I don't see it....couldn't even beat Boston last season without Hayward, and that was with Gasol/Ibaka.
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#307 » by 720 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:46 am

SFour wrote:
dandaman wrote:I can't believe there are still people who aren't pro tank. This doesn't even feel like a real season, games are getting suspended, players are going down left and right, and it seems like its only gonna get worse before it gets better. This team, even if they get their sheet together is a first round exit at best, why miss out on an opportunity to get top 3 pick to maybe squeeze into the playoffs and get swept in a fake season.

exactly...even if the Raptors were looking good this season are they really going to do any damage in the playoffs without the Toronto crowd backing them? I don't see it....couldn't even beat Boston last season without Hayward, and that was with Gasol/Ibaka.

We beat them if Siakam didn’t play like some second rate scrub but that’s another issue.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#308 » by Marty_Budda » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:49 am

HiJiNX wrote:
WeThe2019Champs wrote:Sucks but hope they learn not to give Pascal the ball taking the final shot.

No, you keep giving it to him. He gonna get that to fall. It’s not like he hasn’t hit game winners before...in the finals.

A couple of years ago people were telling him to stop shooting open corner 3s because he was bricking everything. Now he’s hitting off the dribble 3s.

You keep giving it to him and hope it makes him better. It’s better to learn and develop now in meaningless regular season games in a season where we’re not really contending for anything than in games where it actually matters.

People just expect players to be good and perfect right away with no growing pains. It’s so unreasonable.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#309 » by Metallikid » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:49 am

720 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
720 wrote:Minor hiccup then we’ll go back to winning next season with our all star caliber draft pick and a center from our 30 million dollar cap space.

Hate on the truth idc.

You think the league is actively screwing the raptors on purpose by skewing calls towards the other team. :lol:

There's a lot of reasons why the whistle could be as it has been, I never said it's 100% the League, I wish I knew exactly what it was, but no, I don't think there has been a fair whistle. It's been pretty apparent to most of the other people here that so far this season the officiating has been some of if not the worst we have ever seen it.

In ten games so far we have had 4 bad technicals, 4 people foul out (including our star, Siakam 3 times), the free throw discrepancies have been way out of proportion (like almost 2-to-1 fta) several times, and calls in the last six minutes of games have overwhelmingly favoured the opponents.

Even basketball reference has our expected win/loss at 4-5 before tonight's game.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#310 » by Marty_Budda » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:52 am

Metallikid wrote:
720 wrote:
Metallikid wrote:

Hate on the truth idc.

There's a lot of reasons why the whistle could be as it has been, I never said it's 100% the League, I wish I knew exactly what it was, but no, I don't think there has been a fair whistle. It's been pretty apparent to most of the other people here that so far this season the officiating has been some of if not the worst we have ever seen it.

In ten games so far we have had 4 bad technicals, 4 people foul out (including our star, Siakam 3 times), the free throw discrepancies have been way out of proportion (like almost 2-to-1 fta) several times, and calls in the last six minutes of games have overwhelmingly favoured the opponents.

When silver said he’s gonna compensate the raptors for the Tampa thing, what he meant was he was gonna help us tank and get us a top 5 pick.

We’re playing 4d chess out here.
metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,744

Post#311 » by metafisical » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:54 am

Metallikid wrote:I'm not watching the rest of the season. Teams don't play under the same rules.

See you guys next season. Pray Lowry is still on the team or we'll be an 8th seed the next five years.

I pray he is off our team. I am prepared for a 20 season tank. I will support this team through bad times and even worse times.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#312 » by metafisical » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 am

dante9988 wrote:team cowards is prolly happy we lost tonight

We are. I cheer for a win or loss. It is the best feeling ever to being #1 in the league...at the draft.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Post#313 » by Metallikid » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 am

Marty_Budda wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
720 wrote:Hate on the truth idc.

When silver said he’s gonna compensate the raptors for the Tampa thing, what he meant was he was gonna help us tank and get us a top 5 pick.

Tre fiddy and a box of doughnuts
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,548

Post#314 » by baller16 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 am

We are a Covid case away from being the worst team in the league. This season is so whack and feels so off, just start the Lowry & Norm trades already. Give Lowry a chance at contending with another team instead of rotting away in Tampa with this full on tank
metafisical
Lead Assistant

Post#315 » by metafisical » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:06 am

_MidNight_ wrote:I'm so conflicted with these games. I want to see them do well but I know tanking is what we need to do for long term success. SMH

Do you want your miserable buddy to continue working at his dead end job, trying hard, putting in 15 hour days every day while living in squalor with little pay, and eventually becoming a serial killer? Or do you want your buddy to give up, get fired, find a dream job, live in luxury, donate to environmental causes and end racism and poverty on earth?

If you chose the former, it means you want the Raps to win and treadmill. If you chose the latter, it means you support TWO.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,480

Post#316 » by Brinbe » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:34 am

That FT disparity lmfao. Also too many turnovers yet again

The basketball gods are telling us to tank.

Treat this entire weird season as a covid Tampa anomoly and it's a lot more palatable
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Post#317 » by VancouverRaps » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:42 am

bon wrote:
Cobra Kawhi wrote:I'd like to hear from that Len fan

Brianinphilly where you at.

Explain yourself

Len is the worst center on this team, worse than Baynes.

Could be Len's burner. I've never actually seen him post on game days. Just saying.

I’m guessing it’s just a dude who got caught up in watching too many Alex Len YouTube highlight videos, search any somewhat relevant player on YouTube and you’ll come away impressed because it’s just highlights.
We the Champs
Chandan
RealGM
And1: 21,128

Post#318 » by Chandan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:26 am

Marty_Budda wrote:
Metallikid wrote:
720 wrote:Hate on the truth idc.

I will be glad if it's not just an "apology".
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#319 » by pingpongrac » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:56 am

Can't believe we have the worst record in the league despite being 19th in both NetRTG and point differential. Every game but the Celtics game has been winnable and we've had big leads in all games but 2. It seems like we're gravitating towards small ball now, which always seemed like the best option at least for late-game scenarios, but we need a heck of a lot more consistency from Powell/OG/Davis/Lowry if these guys are going to be accounting for basically half of the allotted 240 minutes each game. Feels dirty to say that Stanley Johnson has been more consistent (doesn't necessarily mean better, but I like what he has provided) than those 4 lol.

Something has to give sooner or later. Some things will finally start to go our way and we'll win these close games or we're all-in on the tank then shipping out Lowry/Powell for picks.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,480

Post#320 » by Brinbe » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:10 am

The problem is that things going our way just brings us to around .500. A treadmill year is a true waste. Look at Golden State last year being rewarded with Wiseman. That's what we should be aiming for. This isn't a long term idea. But we need to maximize the cards we're being dealt. Aspiring for the 8th seed is foolishness.

Trade Lowry, Norm for future assets and use this a developmental year going into next season. Things will be back to normal once they get back home and playing in front of real fans and not out in Tampa.

I'm watching and cheering for development not wins at this point. Maybe things would be different if we won these last few games but 2-8 is what it is. Embrace it.

Return to Toronto Raptors