ImageImageImageImageImage

If you're a Siakam Fan then post here!

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#101 » by TheDunc » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:03 pm

Pascal is showing us that athletes are humans, he was clearly suffering from some mental blockage. Honestly I have a feeling the team told him that he's their guy and to stop worrying because his game has blossomed as of late. His passing game can make him elite, I thought he was making good passes early in the season but Baynes and Len have hands of stone. He needs to just focus on hustling and making the right decisions on offense, if he's getting double teamed just make the right pass. Eventually team's will realize they cant double team him and that will open up his whole offensive arsenal
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,487

Post#102 » by Duffman100 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:05 pm

Love Siakam, always have. Rough go of it for 11-12 months, but he seems to have adjusted. Now it's on teams to adjust back to him.

The key I'm seeing is he's seeing the passes a lot more. Clearly that was an emphasis. Read the double, make the right pass. He's starting to get into that.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,527

Post#103 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:14 pm

I'm a fan, glad he's got a little bit of his swagger back. You can tell this team needs an alpha win or big man. Lowry / Norm / Baynes should all be shipped somewhere for assets, future or current assets.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,385

Post#104 » by TorontoBaller » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:21 pm

We’ve seen how good he can be.
He’s in a great organization that’ll get him back to there and beyond.

Don’t sell low on Siakam.
Patience!
TorontoBaller
Analyst

Post#105 » by TorontoBaller » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:28 pm

Dude needs our “real” home court.
The whole team does.

We will pump them up soon.
NBA is super weird right now. I’m just glad they’re playing.

Someone send this thread to Pascal. I love the positivity.
gerrit4
Head Coach
And1: 3,193

Post#106 » by gerrit4 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:29 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Love Siakam, always have. Rough go of it for 11-12 months, but he seems to have adjusted. Now it's on teams to adjust back to him.

The key I'm seeing is he's seeing the passes a lot more. Clearly that was an emphasis. Read the double, make the right pass. He's starting to get into that.

Yep, what a huge difference. I could even tell at the start of this season, when he was struggling, how much his passing as well as the drive & dish game had improved. If Pascal's peak ends up being a distributor who scores less, that would be a pretty fantastic player.

Most importantly, I'm starting to see an ability to control the tempo of the game. Kawhi was amazing at this - he could make a good play 5 seconds into the shot clock, or at 23 seconds in. Pascal's not there yet, but I'm getting a lot more confident when the ball is in his hands.
TorontoBaller
Analyst

Post#107 » by TorontoBaller » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:33 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:He is going to regress this year from what I've seen so far. His game has been figured out. I would hope Masai can sell high on him after next summer

His energy the last 3/4 games shows me the opposite.

If he doesn’t, you gotta publicly recant this, k?
TorontoBaller
Analyst

Post#108 » by TorontoBaller » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:45 pm

OakleyDokely wrote:Steelo Green copy and pastes the same post for every thread here regardless of topic.

I was wondering why I had him blocked, and then real gm said he made a post, ‘click on it to see it’.

Then I’m like “ohhh, right”.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,292

Post#109 » by WaltFrazier » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:52 pm

I'm a Siakam fan - until the last 30 seconds of close games.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,320

Post#110 » by douggood » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:56 pm

getting his mojo back slowly, my best guess is he got covid before the bubble and that explains his bubble performance.

raptors are a tight lip organization, and what are the odds that no one on the raptors has gotten it yet.
Raptaz
Starter
And1: 2,400

Post#111 » by Raptaz » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:56 pm

Duffman100 wrote:Love Siakam, always have. Rough go of it for 11-12 months, but he seems to have adjusted. Now it's on teams to adjust back to him.

This has been a major improvement.

Although he didn't score on the final play, when thr double came.. you saw he used a new move.. he jumped back out of the double watched the 2nd defender go back to his man then proceeded to back down his man 1 on 1.

It was difficult as I believe a lot of defenders were using his own moment to draw fouls or turnovers.. it seems like he has slow this part down a bit and more calm
MadDogSHWA
General Manager
And1: 5,332

Post#112 » by MadDogSHWA » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:58 pm

If he can be a #1 option he has some ideal qualities. He can pass the ball and he's opportunistic. That's an ideal high usage player.

I loved watching him keeping an eye out for the double teams. His dribbling and touch around the basket are back.
"Packin' a Yak in the back by the rack" ~ Big Pun (probably)
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,487

Post#113 » by Duffman100 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:58 pm

Raptaz wrote:

Although he didn't score on the final play, when thr double came.. you saw he used a new move.. he jumped back out of the double watched the 2nd defender go back to his man then proceeded to back down his man 1 on 1.

It was difficult as I believe a lot of defenders were using his own moment to draw fouls or turnovers.. it seems like he has slow this part down a bit and more calm

Exactly. And the key is that Pascal has never really been THAT guy throughout his career. He was late to ball and was he ever really the #1, iso scoring guy.

People who were the number 1 guy in highschool, college, etc, have the benefit of that experience.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,124

Post#114 » by djsunyc » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:59 pm

WaltFrazier wrote:I'm a Siakam fan - until the last 30 seconds of close games.

he hit a bunch of game winners/clutch end of game baskets last year.
MixxSRC
General Manager
And1: 14,092

Post#115 » by MixxSRC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:00 pm

If you don't put insane expectations on Siakam and accept him for who he is, you'll start seeing a lot of positive stuff he does.
disoblige
Head Coach
And1: 726

Post#116 » by disoblige » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:11 pm

I believe in him.
Seasontickets
Bench Warmer
And1: 600

Post#117 » by Seasontickets » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:40 pm

I've been seeing better and better things every game. He's becoming more methodical in a way to attack the defense as required given the situation.

Perhaps, this may be a "lost" season but if Siakam, Van Vleet, OG, Boucher - all take significant steps to become better players - that will be a better long term outcome.

Toss in a Top 15 pick plus a good if not top free agent - a John Collins for example along with another solid bucket getting player and we're a good team. Stanley Johnson looks like he's on the cusp of being a solid rotation player. Malachi is a baller.

Anyone questioning Pascal's clutch: He's still made one of the, if not the most significant basket in Raptors history. Game 6 - step through over Draymond Green.

Defensively - Pascal also at an elite level.
Pretty neat and on the fridge for the real fans:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323749208768
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#118 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:55 pm

Bonafide star.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
kj_
Analyst
And1: 3,298

Post#119 » by kj_ » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:31 pm

Duffman100 wrote:
Raptaz wrote:

Exactly. And the key is that Pascal has never really been THAT guy throughout his career. He was late to ball and was he ever really the #1, iso scoring guy.

People who were the number 1 guy in highschool, college, etc, have the benefit of that experience.

Agreed. You have to grow into the role and part of that growth is failure.

He seems to be reading the defence when attacking these past few games. Earlier in the year and in the bubble he was forcing his shot too much. Trying to get his shot up no matter what. Now he’s reading and reacting with the correct basketball play. Again, this is growth that top offensive players have to go through and part of that growth is failure. Hopefully this is a turning point for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,906

Post#120 » by Anticon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:55 pm

MixxSRC wrote:If you don't put insane expectations on Siakam and accept him for who he is, you'll start seeing a lot of positive stuff he does.

Triple double, less than 20ppg Siakam is the guy I cheer for.

Playmaking, defence, good shot selection, scoring in transition are he's best at.

If his scoring drops to 16-18 ppg he probably loses an all star spot but its best for the team.

Return to Toronto Raptors