ImageImageImageImageImage

If you're a Siakam Fan then post here!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Kingsway_fan
RealGM
And1: 8,890

Re: If you're a Siakam Fan then post here! 

Post#121 » by Kingsway_fan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:02 pm

he as been awesome . .. he finally got away from being the three point chucker .. now he is back to what he does best . .take it to the basket .. and he has developed mid range shot .. next year when he is surrounded by better starting forwards , he will be even better .

he works great with Boucher ... ...
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,357

Post#122 » by tdotrep2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:06 pm

This is the siakam we know, hes playing perfect. He just needs to continue operating from where he is and eventually more advanced moves will come.

He tried to totally revamp his game before which was a disaster, he had the foundation already.
Sophomore
And1: 170

Post#123 » by 1995 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:34 pm

when Siakam is on and plays with quickness damn he is electric and exciting to watch!

I can only imagine what it is like to guard a guy who can sliver around you like that.

I love the mid range jump shot when defenders give him space, if he can hit that consistently with the odd 3 he's a nightmare
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#124 » by Westside Gunn » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:51 pm

If his stock is climbing nows the perfect time to trade him for Harden.

You will not get anywhere with Siakam as your go to
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now
bon
General Manager
And1: 13,395

Post#125 » by bon » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:51 pm

So refreshing to see Siakam back with the right mentality again. Obviously it wasn't a talent issue to start the season.

My only gripe is that he probably doesn't have enough plays ran through him. When he has the ball in the mid/high post with guys moving and cutting the offense is at its best.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#126 » by pr0gr4m » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 pm

TorontoBaller wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:He is going to regress this year from what I've seen so far. His game has been figured out. I would hope Masai can sell high on him after next summer

His energy the last 3/4 games shows me the opposite.

If he doesn’t, you gotta publicly recant this, k?

You got 3/4 games I got months backing me.

Aren't you the same guy talking about small sample size regarding Yuta?

:clown:
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,161

Post#127 » by HiJiNX » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:15 pm

Westside Gunn wrote:If his stock is climbing nows the perfect time to trade him for Harden.

You will not get anywhere with Siakam as your go to

And Harden has done what as the go to guy?
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
Dalek
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#128 » by Dalek » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:50 pm

If he is truly back to his attacking self, and with this added playmaking component, I wouldn't trade him. Siakam is a valuable player with his defense, scoring and playmaking. That is a rare combo. He isn't Tatum, or a mini Giannis, but he is in the tier just below that type of MVP level player or at least very close.

A guy like Paul George had years as a go-to scorer and Siakam is in year two. Got to give him a chance to succeed. Last year and even this year is a weird year to completely judge a guy on, but Siakam is a worker and has a great development track record. Yes, his body language is a bit off at times, but he looked like himself the last few.

I think if you have a guy who is in that 6'8" to 6'10" range and can be a two-way threat then you have to keep him. We tend to overly focus on the small power guards, and that just seems like an abundant position in the draft and free agency. Ideally, you add a Mobley (ideal C) or Cade or another scoring wing to help Siakam. Or you trade Lowry for a better scorer.
redraptor77
Sophomore
And1: 210

Post#129 » by redraptor77 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:03 pm

He is great for the Raptors... He is part of our internal development program which is a great news story around the league.
His play was great during the championship run. People forget really quickly how integral he was. He played awesome last year to start the year. He hit a little slump and was working out of it until the bubble.
Last four game is the SIAKAM we are used to. Great player. Maybe not 1A superstar but who cares. He is a good core player that plays a team game, hustles and plays defense. He is a 20/10/5 guy on good shooting numbers. he has a longer track record of success then failure. BUT hey lets just remember the bubble. Cause that was normal and that is easier to complain about.
His last two shots were fine. He got to a good position on the floor and took good shots. BOTH rimmed out. Not like he airballed it or dribbled it off his foot. Last one was fouled but hey he isn't Lee and wont get those calls.
This year is a good reset year. I think if the team can grab a pretty good Centre (such as MIles Turner level) it would make this team top 4 in the East... yeah yeah .. not good enough to win.. until it is.
Next year add a solid guy like Collins (30 million in cap space) bang we are right back on top.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#130 » by Marty_Budda » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:22 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:
TorontoBaller wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:He is going to regress this year from what I've seen so far. His game has been figured out. I would hope Masai can sell high on him after next summer

You’re the one with the small sample size. Pascal was great for the entirety of the 18/19 season and 3/4 of the 19/20 season. Yet you judge him off the bubble and like 4 games this year.

You need to give a guy at least a full season before you decide if he’s been figured out.

You the :clown: for contradicting yourself.
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,249

Post#131 » by pingpongrac » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:01 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:
TorontoBaller wrote:

Huh? Siakam was really good all of 18/19 and had two great series en route to the Championship. Then he was playing at an all-star level for 75% of last season (struggled coming back from injury then was awful in the bubble). He was pretty bad the first few games this year, but he's looking as good as he ever has the last 5.

Positive sample size is pretty large while he has really only been bad for ~20 bubble games and a few games post-injury plus a few more to start this season.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using RealGM mobile app
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#132 » by howlin mad axer » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:12 pm

I'm a fan, but if the Raptors could get Harden for Siakam I'd pull the trigger on that trade.
FreshyFlames
Rookie
And1: 1,044

Post#133 » by FreshyFlames » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:14 pm

pr0gr4m wrote:
TorontoBaller wrote:

I guess you didn't watch basketball before Covid. :crazy:
Raps in 6ix
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#134 » by Young_Buc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:12 am

I think he may be the IDEAL #2 guy in the NBA to an ISO scorer. He truly was the Pippen to Kawhis Jordan. Any other superstar paired with him would be a titled contender.

Worth keeping.
mihaic
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,076

Post#135 » by mihaic » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:46 am

I am a moderate Siakam fan. But honestly the last couple of games, I think he played better than ever - he could have easily had 2 triple doubles. Real triple-doubles, hard earned. Next chalenge for him is to pace energy so as to peak in the 4th q IMHO. I like him as an option for closing the games, much better than DeRozan was, or Lowry. He got 2 quality shots on his own in ISO.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,609

Post#136 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:13 am

Seasontickets wrote:
Perhaps, this may be a "lost" season but if Siakam, Van Vleet, OG, Boucher - all take significant steps to become better players - that will be a better long term outcome.

Picked out just this 1 point from your post.

I am not sure players keep improving the way they should or could, in an atmosphere of losing. Especially players who have been to the mountaintop so recently. That's one of the problems I see with "tanking", players develop bad habits from constant losing.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 26,609

Post#137 » by WaltFrazier » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:26 am

djsunyc wrote:
WaltFrazier wrote:I'm a Siakam fan - until the last 30 seconds of close games.

he hit a bunch of game winners/clutch end of game baskets last year.

But what has he done for me lately? :lol:

Both times he took shots that definitely had a chance. But I could just picture both times that he could have made a better move. Especially against Wiggins, he had him on his heels and could have gone right to the rim, but he pulled back, allowed Wiggins to regather, then did that spin turnaround shot. Last night he could have stepped closer to the front of the rim.

It's easy to picture Tatum making better moves in those 2 scenarios. Which may not be far, I know
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
pr0gr4m
Bench Warmer
And1: 532

Post#138 » by pr0gr4m » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:35 am

Marty_Budda wrote:
You’re the one with the small sample size. Pascal was great for the entirety of the 18/19 season and 3/4 of the 19/20 season. Yet you judge him off the bubble and like 4 games this year.

You need to give a guy at least a full season before you decide if he’s been figured out.

You want him to judge him on a season he was a 2nd option and got everyone off guard?

He was trash prior to the bubble and COVID.
FreshyFlames wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:
TorontoBaller wrote:

He trash prior. You didn't watch basketball :lol:

Injury or not keep making excuses for a guy getting a BONUS for conning his way onto the All-2nd team.

If he is such a great player why do the Raptors have the worst record in the league?
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#139 » by Marty_Budda » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:44 am

pr0gr4m wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:

You want him to judge him on a season he was a 2nd option and got everyone off guard?

He was trash prior to the bubble and COVID.
FreshyFlames wrote:
pr0gr4m wrote:You got 3/4 games I got months backing me.

He trash prior. You didn't watch basketball :lol:

Injury or not keep making excuses for a guy getting a BONUS for conning his way onto the All-2nd team.

If he is such a great player why do the Raptors have the worst record in the league?

Because we tanking for Cade babyyyy!!

But on a more serious note, Raps had the 2nd best record last year so by your logic he was great last year then? Dude is a legit championship level 2nd option. News for you - that is still a great player. There’s maybe like 7 guys in the entire league that are true championship team level alphas.

Many teams around the league would kill to have pascal. After a slow start this year he’s still averaging 20-9-5 on average efficiency and solid D. Last year he averaged 23-7-3.5. He’s a damn good player just not a first option. And that’s ok. Just because he’s not a top 10 player doesn’t mean he’s sucks.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,183

Post#140 » by God Squad » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 am

Still a fan. Just want to pair Cade or whomever with him.

Return to Toronto Raptors