**The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread**

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Re: **The Official Karl-Anthony Towns Thread** 

Post#1801 » by Calinks » Thu Dec 24, 2020 6:55 am

Holy crap! Just saw a Towns interview and damn. He said that Towns we knew is gone, dude pretty much said he is hallow right now. I knew it was going to have a major change in him. Sad man.

When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
packforfreedom
Analyst
And1: 4,020

Post#1802 » by packforfreedom » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:38 am

this organization really needs to take care of him. if he isn't already there, get him into therapy asap.
Battletrigger
Junior
And1: 200

Post#1803 » by Battletrigger » Thu Dec 24, 2020 1:48 pm

This little child is lucky that KG is retired, he doesn't hold the Duncan treatment in a thousand years.
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,790

Post#1804 » by KGdaBom » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:09 pm

Calinks wrote:Holy crap! Just saw a Towns interview and damn. He said that Towns we knew is gone, dude pretty much said he is hallow right now. I knew it was going to have a major change in him. Sad man.

I get it, but he needs to snap out of it. Life does go on. He seems to have found true love. Focus on that. Start a family of his own. Rekindle his love of basketball. His mother wouldn't want to see him like this.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,882

Post#1805 » by urinesane » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:34 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
Calinks wrote:Holy crap! Just saw a Towns interview and damn. He said that Towns we knew is gone, dude pretty much said he is hallow right now. I knew it was going to have a major change in him. Sad man.

I get it, but he needs to snap out of it. Life does go on. He seems to have found true love. Focus on that. Start a family of his own. Rekindle his love of basketball. His mother wouldn't want to see him like this.

He needs time. Can't just tell someone to snap out of it after a nightmare 8 months.
life_saver
General Manager
And1: 5,772

Post#1806 » by life_saver » Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:37 pm

I initially thought it was only his mom who died but I only knew recently that 7 members in his family died...definitely not an easy thing to recover from
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1807 » by KGdaBom » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:15 pm

urinesane wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:

He needs time. Can't just tell someone to snap out of it after a nightmare 8 months.

I know, but he needs to get a new perspective for his own sake. I sure hope the old KAT is not dead and gone. He was a good person. Sure he can change a bit, but the way he was talking is so dark.
FinnTheHuman
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,716

Post#1808 » by FinnTheHuman » Thu Dec 24, 2020 8:45 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
urinesane wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I get it, but he needs to snap out of it. Life does go on. He seems to have found true love. Focus on that. Start a family of his own. Rekindle his love of basketball. His mother wouldn't want to see him like this.

I know, but he needs to get a new perspective for his own sake. I sure hope the old KAT is not dead and gone. He was a good person. Sure he can change a bit, but the way he was talking is so dark.

Idk if you've ever lost anybody, but having dark thoughts and sharing them, while still feeling there's light, is a pretty normal in these situations. I know I've been there after a few of my losses. Doesn't matter what he says in some instance, as long as you see him being able to play some good basketball, that's a really good sign that there's positive perspective inside his mind mixed in with a very dark one, and that means he's probably gonna recover sooner or later.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#1809 » by KGdaBom » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:42 pm

FinnTheHuman wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
urinesane wrote:

Idk if you've ever lost anybody, but having dark thoughts and sharing them, while still feeling there's light, is a pretty normal in these situations. I know I've been there after a few of my losses. Doesn't matter what he says in some instance, as long as you see him being able to play some good basketball, that's a really good sign that there's positive perspective inside his mind mixed in with a very dark one, and that means he's probably gonna recover sooner or later.

I lost my father at 5. I'm almost 62 and still pissed off about it, but I won't let it dominate my life. I lost my mother 5 years ago. I'm sad, but I don't let it dominate my life. I get that KAT is going through tough times. I do believe he needs to do what it takes to move on. The way he talks is flat out scary.
Battletrigger
Junior
And1: 200

Post#1810 » by Battletrigger » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:21 pm

What really surprises me it's that KgdaBom is 62yo :o
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#1811 » by _AIJ_ » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:36 pm

Battletrigger wrote:What really surprises me it's that KgdaBom is 62yo :o

Lmao! Right? Respect man! Merry christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
Dewey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,019

Post#1812 » by Dewey » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:57 pm

Hate to say it in a wrongful way, but he will eventually come realize how many others have experienced tragedy in their lives that is far far worse than his own. That’s not something you tell him during these times, but it is something he will discover - and that’s what will change him for the better. One day he will wake up and thank the stars above for what he still does have.
Flip response to Love wanting out, "He has no reason to be upset, you're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution"
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,230

Post#1813 » by Calinks » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:37 am

Towns talk doesn't necessarily scare me but it does make me sad and think this is hitting him harder than it would some others. He will get better but I get how he is feeling. He knows it wont be the same and he had an extremely deep connection with his mother. Everyone mourns differently, some people get hit harder than others. I don't think it's dominating his life, he is still living it. He's playing, playing well, seems to have a new romance, is close to his family. He's moving on, he's just saying it's not the same and yea, he's right, He wont be exactly the same.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Merc_Porto
General Manager
And1: 3,529

Post#1814 » by Merc_Porto » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:46 am

I dont see any difference from KAT this season compared to other seasons. Not on the court...
And i wasn't expecting either.

KAT needs help on the court. He can improve the little things on the defense end of the floor but make no mistake that his defense problems are more about the guys he has around him.
King Malta
Starter
And1: 1,547

Post#1815 » by King Malta » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:47 am

KAT's clearly an emotional guy, which is obviously totally fine, everybody's different.

Losing a parent is a pretty transformative experience in most people's lives anyway, and whilst you eventually learn with deal with such losses I don't personally believe you ever fully get over it.
Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,182

Post#1816 » by Neeva » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:44 pm

Kat needs to win mvp for his mum..
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,830

Post#1817 » by Klomp » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:59 pm

With Towns: 2-1 record, 112.3 ppg allowed
Without Towns: 1-6 record, 121.6 ppg allowed
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,705

Post#1818 » by minimus » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:11 pm

Klomp wrote:With Towns: 2-1 record, 112.3 ppg allowed
Without Towns: 1-6 record, 121.6 ppg allowed

His shooting is not good yet. But he is finally the difference maker on defensive end.
theGreatRC
RealGM
And1: 4,882

Post#1819 » by theGreatRC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 am

KAT is number #11 in PER this season, with only 3 games played and 1 of them was with one hand.

Beast.
Dysfunctional Wolves fan
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#1820 » by Jedzz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:16 am

theGreatRC wrote:KAT is number #11 in PER this season, with only 3 games played and 1 of them was with one hand.

Beast.

I think he's tied for 12th right now with Porter Jr. What I'm seeing on Hollinger list anyway.

I usually don't care much about PER, but didn't Kat have a steady PER above 30 for the second half of season he was trying to earn an allstar bid late to have a chance at supermax? That's all time great level getting over 30. Imagine if we could get one whole season like that from him?

I see Towns listed with a 25.XX in 2016-17. Whiteside had higher in 2019-20, and a hair higher than Bosh in 2009. Which seems strange given how some talk about Whiteside.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves