ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks- Hornets PG

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Re: Knicks- Hornets PG 

Post#381 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:07 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

remember when elfird payton hit the rim on a wide open alley oop? :lol:

sad that pass had a better shot at going in then the brick floater he threw up in the 1st qtr.

Somehow bone headed plays like this is Randle’s fault :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,629

Post#382 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:10 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

sad that pass had a better shot at going in then the brick floater he threw up in the 1st qtr.

Randle had a bad game yesterday and was frustrated...that doesn't take away from him being our best player this year (which he clearly has).

And ultimately my view has changed on why I want to trade Randle. Before I just wanted to get rid of him because I thought he put up meaningless numbers. This year the numbers are good numbers (shooting is trending down which is a concern)...but I think right now is a great time to sell high.

I don't think this team is good enough and to be fair to randle with the way he is playing I would like to see him on a winning team.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#383 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:12 pm

they're not trading randle anytime soon. is this gonna be the new thing to say every day ?
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 47,846

Post#384 » by robillionaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:15 pm

Randle and RJ for Bledsoe, JJ Redick, Pelicans top 5 protected 2021 1st and the Lakers 2024 1st. would they do it :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#385 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:15 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Randle had a bad game yesterday and was frustrated...that doesn't take away from him being our best player this year (which he clearly has).

And ultimately my view has changed on why I want to trade Randle. Before I just wanted to get rid of him because I thought he put up meaningless numbers. This year the numbers are good numbers (shooting is trending down which is a concern)...but I think right now is a great time to sell high.

I don't think this team is good enough and to be fair to randle with the way he is playing I would like to see him on a winning team.

I rather keep him cause it’s pretty hard for us to get a young player as good as Randle. I’m not tryna draft more busts. Tbh we should be grateful we have someone like Randle
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#386 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:they're not trading randle anytime soon. is this gonna be the new thing to say every day ?

i was complimenting him :dontknow:

ROSTER

Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#387 » by Jimmit79 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:15 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is not the same RJ Barrett,he looks shifty in that video plus his handles look much better.

Wtf happened???
He was playing in Canada that's why he looks different

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#388 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:16 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Somehow bone headed plays like this is Randle’s fault :lol:

I rather keep him cause it’s pretty hard for us to get a young player as good as Randle. I’m not tryna draft more busts. Tbh we should be grateful we have someone like Randle

I still don't see signing Randle to a long term deal. I still see this as a 1 maybe 2 year thing if we pick up the option.

There is not one player that should be untradeable on this roster. If the deal makes sense...make it.

ROSTER

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#389 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:they're not trading randle anytime soon. is this gonna be the new thing to say every day ?

i'm just saying, everyone knows it's way too soon to even think about this. do you see a flurry of other trades happening around the league ? teams take awhile to see what they got.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#390 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:19 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I still don't see signing Randle to a long term deal. I still see this as a 1 maybe 2 year thing if we pick up the option.

There is not one player that should be untradeable on this roster. If the deal makes sense...make it.

If we get a really good young player in return then maybe. But for now it doesn’t really make sense to move him
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#391 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:19 pm

Read on Twitter

we fell into the bottom 5
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#392 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:21 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

i'm just saying, everyone knows it's way too soon to even think about this. do you see a flurry of other trades happening around the league ? teams take awhile to see what they got.

Remember when Harrington and Crawford were traded really early the year after a hot start. I agree teams like to see what they got. My position is the longer you wait my belief his value can only go down as his shooting comes back to earth.

ROSTER

prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,614

Post#393 » by prophet_of_rage » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:21 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
Not like I completely disagree but I do think you're missing one thing: He's a guy who needs 1st scorer touches and freedom to give you good production. He takes up a lot, with bad D (not about stats right now, about just whether he is truly a good defender, and I think way too many lapses), and makes mistakes.

Yeah if the Knicks had him and Hayward, that's probably a playoff team that can win some games and that'd be fun. But doesn't mean it's really the framework of a very good team.

Randle doesn’t need 1st scorer touches to be good. He only gets those touches cause he’s the only one who can score and pass on the team.
I don’t think Randle’s defense is as bad as you say. Stats say otherwise and so does my eyes.

Besides last night, it’s hard to complain about Randle’s production on both ends this season so far really. But whatever, agree to disagree.

I guess it's what you put focus on. Once RJ stopped shooting, he had some good drives that showed persistence during a tough stretch, including some nice interior passes. Meanwhile the Hornets were dunking on us as Randle quit and stood there watching.

That is a little unfair and confirmation bias and all that. Believe me I'm thinking about those things too. I realize there's some bias.

But I also believe these things to be self-evident. I'd rather have the guy who persists and has a bad shooting night, and has a good package of IQ, size and team ball (at age 20) than the guy who makes a terrible pass to Knox and then blames Knox lol. Or stands there watching (along with an exhausted Mitch) as people dunk the ball easily.

I think Randle is a player you jettison and RJ is a guy who, despite his big struggles, you keep working with. You do need to reduce his minutes and load.

Eventually you will need a guy who can score like Randle's production. But it's not all about just production, it's whether the player is 2-way, cares about winning, and HOW he gets his points. What is so great about Randle's O? He's hard to stop when he gets inside and for a guy that big, his strength and handle and passing are pretty good. But his jumper is clearly not very good. He makes a lot of bad decisions, he takes bad shots. I just think he is kind of crappy.
Can you elaborate why Randle is a player to jettison and RJ is a player to keep?

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#394 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:24 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

i'm always amazed with how bad coby white's defense is on these charts. jesus.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#395 » by god shammgod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:25 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Remember when Harrington and Crawford were traded really early the year after a hot start. I agree teams like to see what they got. My position is the longer you wait my belief his value can only go down as his shooting comes back to earth.

that's because the knicks were desperate for cap space though because they thought they were getting lebron.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,352

Post#396 » by ibraheim718 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:27 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

If he went to that team they wouldn't be a winning team for long. The dude could have a quadruple double.. but if there is an important play that decides the outcome he'll find a way to make a mistake. That's just who he is. He's been that way for 7 years now and counting. If a team is gaining momentum in a game.. he'll make sure to stop it just so he can prove he's Magic Johnson. This is all Carmelo Anthony/Amar'e Stoudemire/Stephon Marbury redux. For the record.. 133 wins vs 253 losses all while getting his numbers.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#397 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:29 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

bagley and white....jesus!

ROSTER

robillionaire
RealGM

Post#398 » by robillionaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:29 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

If he went to that team they wouldn't be a winning team for long. The dude could have a quadruple double.. but if there is an important play that decides the outcome he'll find a way to make a mistake. That's just who he is. He's been that way for 7 years now and counting. If a team is gaining momentum in a game.. he'll make sure to stop it just so he can prove he's Magic Johnson. This is all Carmelo Anthony/Amar'e Stoudemire/Stephon Marbury redux. For the record.. 133 wins vs 253 losses all while getting his numbers.

if he was expected to be the best player on that team no they wouldn't be a winning team, if he was a role player on that team or even a 6th man he could be a valuable addition
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#399 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:30 pm

god shammgod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

that's because the knicks were desperate for cap space though because they thought they were getting lebron.

ill allow it

ROSTER

robillionaire
RealGM

Post#400 » by robillionaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:31 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

is bagley okay? :lol:

imagine being a kings fan

Return to New York Knicks