ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks- Hornets PG

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,040

Re: Knicks- Hornets PG 

Post#401 » by robillionaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:33 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

When you are the worst offensive player in your rookie class and also one of the worst defensive players in your rookie class you tend to not make all rookie teams, for those still in denial
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,312

Post#402 » by rajajackal » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:35 pm

trade RJ for melo :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jimmit79
Head Coach
And1: 5,251

Post#403 » by Jimmit79 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:40 pm

robillionaire wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

When you are the worst offensive player in your rookie class and also one of the worst defensive players in your rookie class you tend to not make all rookie teams, for those still in denial
I said it before season started RJ is not going to be star player he's human he's not a super athlete or quick sniper or high IQ ball handler he has nothing that stands out except his overconfidence.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,207

Post#404 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:46 pm

robillionaire wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Except the graph basically bears no real resemblance to who you'd pick.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#405 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:49 pm

Jitty Konchar better than Coby White. You can't judge players this fast. rJ will be okay. Also Coby has been one of the more intriguing guys too. He seems to have some special qualities.

The graph is basically crap.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,182

Post#406 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:52 pm

robillionaire wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

i'm always amazed with how bad coby white's defense is on these charts. jesus.

is bagley okay? :lol:

imagine being a kings fan

they hit a homerun with Haliburton
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#407 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:53 pm

Like Randle is going to show good O and good D but his good O was a hot streak, he hurts others with how he plays (and helps them to be fair but it's a final sum evaluation), and his D is because of Mitch.

Randle is a highly flawed player and his D, desire and intangibles just suck.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,962

Post#408 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:53 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Jitty Konchar better than Coby White. You can't judge players this fast. rJ will be okay. Also Coby has been one of the more intriguing guys too. He seems to have some special qualities.

The graph is basically crap.

Yea, RJ has only played 67 games. We all can see RJ is struggling, but its way more important if he can get better. Even if he never becomes a superstar and is more like a #3 guy that is not bad and I would take that.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#409 » by robillionaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:01 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

i'm always amazed with how bad coby white's defense is on these charts. jesus.

is bagley okay? :lol:

imagine being a kings fan

they hit a homerun with Haliburton

fox was a great pick too. too bad they didn't just take luka doncic when it was gifted to them
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,002

Post#410 » by Reign23 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:02 pm

just a few things about the game:

Randle was due for a stinkbomb. he was so good the last few weeks
Elfrid is such a stadpadding mofo. he is the michael jordan of garbage time.
RJ... uuhm.
ah and I like the hornets courtdesign.

thats all.
formerly known as knickst4pe
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#411 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:08 pm

Coby White at 17, 6, 5 @ 42, 35.5, 83. Seems like a pretty promising base to me, advanced numbers aside. Advanced may be a lagging indicator, not leading.

NBA Math is a novel visual concept. But is it really saying much? Doesn't seem so. MPj is a decent/neutral defender?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#412 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:12 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Coby White at 17, 6, 5 @ 42, 35.5, 83. Seems like a pretty promising base to me, advanced numbers aside. Advanced may be a lagging indicator, not leading.

NBA Math is a novel visual concept. But is it really saying much? Doesn't seem so. MPj is a decent/neutral defender?

I think the issue is White has been an atrocious defender which was a concern coming out of college.

MPJ sample size is just so small this year...that is why he is a neutral defender.

Advanced analytics aren't perfect but attach them to the eye test and they usually have some kind of truth to them.

ROSTER

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#413 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:Coby White at 17, 6, 5 @ 42, 35.5, 83. Seems like a pretty promising base to me, advanced numbers aside. Advanced may be a lagging indicator, not leading.

I think the issue is White has been an atrocious defender which was a concern coming out of college.

MPJ sample size is just so small this year...that is why he is a neutral defender.

Advanced analytics aren't perfect but attach them to the eye test and they usually have some kind of truth to them.

That's fair. But no stat can confidently give you a rock solid projection on a young player. Randle looks great now, rJ looks like trash, as far as digits. But I see signs of the opposite. Same with a guy like Coby White, although his stats are approaching very good as far as production.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#414 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:17 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

That's fair. But no stat can confidently give you a rock solid projection on a young player. Randle looks great now, rJ looks like trash, as far as digits. But I see signs of the opposite. Same with a guy like Coby White, although his stats are approaching very good as far as production.

Can you expand on the Randle/RJ thing.

Because advance analytics suggests randle is our best player and RJ is basically our worst. You are seeing something different?

I am also some semi bullish on RJ future but bearish on Randles future...but Randles performance this year (outside of yesterdays game) has been good IMO.

ROSTER

robillionaire
RealGM

Post#415 » by robillionaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:19 pm

Reign23 wrote:just a few things about the game:

Randle was due for a stinkbomb. he was so good the last few weeks
Elfrid is such a stadpadding mofo. he is the michael jordan of garbage time.
RJ... uuhm.
ah and I like the hornets courtdesign.

thats all.

teams are gameplanning for him and throwing double teams at him every time he touches the ball now, daring the other players on this team to hit open shots and that's never going to happen on a consistent basis
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#416 » by -YogiBiz- » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:22 pm

As much as I want RJ to be a cornerstone he has looked awful this year. Randle is playing at a super strong pace if he keeps it up he will be a keeper.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,962

Post#417 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:22 pm

NBA math is interesting, but its really too small of a sample size to take too much from it. Even with larger sample sizes there are always outliers and it is far from perfect.

I would say Coby White is an example of that and has looked really good.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,013

Post#418 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:24 pm

Just a reminder, the Hornets last year decided to go with pretty much all their young guys outside of center. They weren't playing Marvin Williams over PJ Washington just because PJ was a rookie, they traded Walker for an inferior Rozier, then just decided to let Graham play it out despite how he looked his rookie year, and reached a point where they just glued Batum to the bench and played Cody Martin over him.

We are the complete opposite of this approach and it's going to set us back another year.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#419 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:24 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Can you expand on the Randle/RJ thing.

Because advance analytics suggests randle is our best player and RJ is basically our worst. You are seeing something different?

I am also some semi bullish on RJ future but bearish on Randles future...but Randles performance this year (outside of yesterdays game) has been good IMO.

Yeah the performance this year of JRandle has been of the charts. I just don't think it's real. He'll end up slightly better than where he was last year, which wasn't really good. We're in the middle of him coming back down to earth.

I don't like the guy. I don't like Elfrid. As players. They may be very fine people lol. I really think both are toxic.

I dislike both of them strongly for their basketball play.

I think RJ is also flawed but in ways that are acceptable. It's just different to me. I don't really care about the stats right now. I think RJ can be part of a good team because his intangibles are good and while he isn't great at anything, he has strength and interconnectivity between key facets and other than shooting doesn't show red flags.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#420 » by KnicksGod » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:25 pm

I'm not denying that Randle has been good. He's playing way over his head. I think last night is closer to his contribution than the previous whatever games.

We'll see.

Return to New York Knicks