ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Cobra Kawhi
Veteran
And1: 5,957

Re: PG: Pascal Blazes Portland Like a Backwoods... Raptors Still Lose 

Post#361 » by Cobra Kawhi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:16 pm

One or two bounces go our way and this team is around 500

If Baynes or Len could provide anything at all, this team might be over 500

If Pascal decided to flip the script at the beginning of the season as opposed to waiting until the last four games, we might even be in the top four.

This has been the most bizarre start to a season. Talent on this team does not equate to a 2-8 record.

If they don't win the next two games against Charlotte, I may join TWO. But I really don't want to..

I just can't see Masai and Bobby gutting this team to force losses. If anything, I expect them to take the route of Boston or Miami & just try to retool by signing a free agent or looking for a disgruntled superstar. I just can't see them tanking and I think that's going to upset a lot of people here who actually think they will
JPriest
Senior
And1: 843

Post#362 » by JPriest » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:17 pm

Continue to let Pascal get his shots up in pressure situations. Even superstars miss shots when it's down to the wire so I don't understand why people are getting so upset. His shots were half way down too. This tank season should just be viewed as practice.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,219

Post#363 » by bisme37 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:17 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:
bisme37 wrote:Hey guys sorry your season has been such a disaster so far. I like your team and like quite a few of my RGM Raptor friends so I'm feeling bad for you guys. Must be hella disappointing. Hopefully you turn it around or at least get a great draft pick. I'm glad Pascal is playing better now at least. And hey, Kyrie Irving isn't on your team so there's that. Cheers.

I mean its probably the best thing that could happen, realistically whos winning the chip this year? Lakers, maybe nets other than that im not sure anyone else has a shot.

This team definitely still has the ability to compete, the best thing for us is to get 1 of those top 5 prospects and sign someone in the offseason.

If those things happen i like our chances vs anyone in the east next season

I don't think the Nets are winning anything. They looked great the first week and I was thinking if they had a season free of injuries, drama and adversity they'd be in the Finals. But all that's already out the window and I think things just get worse for them rather than better.

Aside from disagreeing about that, I'm glad you're handling the Raps situation well. Can't be a great team every year and have to recalibrate now and then so I agree this may be for the best.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#364 » by tdotrep2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm

bisme37 wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:
bisme37 wrote:Hey guys sorry your season has been such a disaster so far. I like your team and like quite a few of my RGM Raptor friends so I'm feeling bad for you guys. Must be hella disappointing. Hopefully you turn it around or at least get a great draft pick. I'm glad Pascal is playing better now at least. And hey, Kyrie Irving isn't on your team so there's that. Cheers.

I mean its probably the best thing that could happen, realistically whos winning the chip this year? Lakers, maybe nets other than that im not sure anyone else has a shot.

This team definitely still has the ability to compete, the best thing for us is to get 1 of those top 5 prospects and sign someone in the offseason.

I don't think the Nets are winning anything. They looked great the first week and I was thinking if they had a season free of injuries, drama and adversity they'd be in the Finals. But all that's already out the window and I think things just get worse for them rather than better.

Aside from disagreeing about that, I'm glad you're handling the Raps situation well. Can't be a great team every year and have to recalibrate now and then so I agree this may be for the best.

The nets have a lot of time, imo they get it together towards the end of the season and no team in the east takes them out.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#365 » by johanliebert » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:59 pm

JPriest wrote:Continue to let Pascal get his shots up in pressure situations. Even superstars miss shots when it's down to the wire so I don't understand why people are getting so upset. His shots were half way down too. This tank season should just be viewed as practice.

Does a shot going half way down mean something? it's a missed shot.

People are upset that a guy who isn't a skilled scorer is being used as a closer. LIke i said before Giannis the back to back MVP doesn't close games for the bucks it's not the end of the world.

Team needs a guard who can get to their spots late in a game.
johanliebert
General Manager

Post#366 » by johanliebert » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:02 pm

DelAbbot wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
johanliebert wrote:why? some things are self-explanatory and i guess he was watching the game it was the last of the double headers. He really tried to backdown covington who's stronger and just as long as him.

https://youtu.be/-LwYmvflj-E

Please watch his highlights from last night and look at how many times he shot over Covington. I’m pretty sure he made every shot over him except one...his final one.

It was as high percentage a look as you’re gonna get in a situation like that.

Covington truly is realgm’s most overrated scrub.

Covington played some crap defense all game, leading to 2 easy dunks by Siakam late in the 4th.

Siakam just missed the final shot.

miscommunication lead to those open dunks.
johanliebert
General Manager

Post#367 » by johanliebert » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:05 pm

bon wrote:
johanliebert wrote:
TheBoi10 wrote:Lmaoo

Read on Twitter

He can say that again but this coaching staff will force the issue.

Why would anyone listen to Thomas when he isn't even wanted back in the league?

Read on Twitter

all i'm saying is in that situation that's just an awful shot. you guys saw brandon ingram a week ago would that be how he'd attack?

siakam just doesn't excel in those situations either give fred a shot or find a guard in the future with that skillset.
JPriest
Senior
And1: 843

Post#368 » by JPriest » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:06 pm

johanliebert wrote:
JPriest wrote:Continue to let Pascal get his shots up in pressure situations. Even superstars miss shots when it's down to the wire so I don't understand why people are getting so upset. His shots were half way down too. This tank season should just be viewed as practice.

Does a shot going half way down mean something? it's a missed shot.

People are upset that a guy who isn't a skilled scorer is being used as a closer. LIke i said before Giannis the back to back MVP doesn't close games for the bucks it's not the end of the world.

Team needs a guard who can get to their spots late in a game.

Well it gives me more confidence than complete bricks or airballs.

Wtf. Pascal has hit clutch shots before and he doesn't shy away from the moment like Giannis. Giannis is more like a taller, faster stronger Westbrook. Why does it have to be a guard? Kawhi nor KD are really guards. Again, let him work through these scenarios and see where it goes.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#369 » by ItsDanger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:09 pm

I wonder if SJ has become a decent bench option. His defensive metrics are really good.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#370 » by Marty_Budda » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:19 pm

johanliebert wrote:
bon wrote:
johanliebert wrote:He can say that again but this coaching staff will force the issue.

Why would anyone listen to Thomas when he isn't even wanted back in the league?

Read on Twitter

all i'm saying is in that situation that's just an awful shot. you guys saw brandon ingram a week ago would that be how he'd attack?

siakam just doesn't excel in those situations either give fred a shot or find a guard in the future with that skillset.

Covington is trash man. Pascal was doing whatever he wanted with him lol. Pascal played well 2nd half as well even if he did only score 4 points.

If Covington was playing for the raptors everyone on here would be trashing him and rightfully so.

Siakam made the dagger shot over draymond in game 6. Pretty sure he scored the game winner against the suns our championship season. Let the man develop and get comfortable in these situations. No better teacher than real game situations.

Also Fred had the last shot in the Boston series and he got blocked. He ain’t tall enough to get his shot over a defender in closing situations like that.

You seem like one of those fans that wants things to happen right away with no growing pains. I bet you were telling for him to stop shooting open 3s three years ago when he was missing all of them. I could be wrong tho.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Post#371 » by Mikistan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:55 pm

Lillard hits a shot from half court but its a bad shot

Siakam misses a shot from the paint but its a good shot

something doesnt compute here
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#372 » by 720 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:24 pm

bisme37 wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:

Fam we're getting Cade Cunningham we're set. :lol:
tdotrep2
RealGM

Post#373 » by tdotrep2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:26 pm

720 wrote:
bisme37 wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:

cade + a C and we are right up there with anyone
RealGM

Post#374 » by 720 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:28 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:
720 wrote:
bisme37 wrote:

We're winning the **** East and going to the finals.
tdotrep2
RealGM

Post#375 » by tdotrep2 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:28 pm

720 wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:
720 wrote:Fam we're getting Cade Cunningham we're set. :lol:

my issue is what is the center that we could grab to help after we draft cade
RealGM

Post#376 » by 720 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:30 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:
720 wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:cade + a C and we are right up there with anyone

Idk but we'll figure it out. For some reason centers have lost value in the league and we just saw that this offseason. If we had capspace we could have signed any of these bigmen.
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,587

Post#377 » by Bruin » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:34 pm

Cobra Kawhi wrote:One or two bounces go our way and this team is around 500

If Baynes or Len could provide anything at all, this team might be over 500

If Pascal decided to flip the script at the beginning of the season as opposed to waiting until the last four games, we might even be in the top four.

This has been the most bizarre start to a season. Talent on this team does not equate to a 2-8 record.

If they don't win the next two games against Charlotte, I may join TWO. But I really don't want to..

I just can't see Masai and Bobby gutting this team to force losses. If anything, I expect them to take the route of Boston or Miami & just try to retool by signing a free agent or looking for a disgruntled superstar. I just can't see them tanking and I think that's going to upset a lot of people here who actually think they will

Thats a whole lot of ifs. Same things could be said for lots of teams. If Klay wasn’t injured, if Kyrie wasn’t missing games, if Embiid and Simmons weren’t out for the past few games, if Kawhis shot in game 7 didn’t bounce in, if if if

The fact of the matter is we’re sitting at 2-8 and things aren’t going our way. And even now that Siakam has flipped the script it still hasn’t amounted to any wins. We won only 1 game with Pascal and only 1 game with Kyle. Things just aren’t right and it’s more than just chance. It’s as combination of lots of things and I don’t see it coming altogether to suddenly start working anytime soon
bboyskinnylegs
RealGM
And1: 25,496

Post#378 » by bboyskinnylegs » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:53 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:
720 wrote:
tdotrep2 wrote:cade + a C and we are right up there with anyone

I don't know what his asking price will be, but if it's reasonable, Drummond would be an upgrade. Even someone cheap like Noel could be useful. We have other guys that can play some mins at C, we just need someone that is competent at the position
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#379 » by will » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:08 pm

Keep the momentum going with PSizzle operating primarily out of the post. The W's gonna start coming.
Ramed Nazored
Assistant Coach
And1: 9,450

Post#380 » by Ramed Nazored » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:17 am

bisme37 wrote:Hey guys sorry your season has been such a mess so far. I like your team and like quite a few of my RGM Raptor friends so I'm feeling bad for you guys. Must be hella disappointing. Hopefully you turn it around or at least get a great draft pick. I'm glad Pascal is playing better now at least. And hey, Kyrie Irving isn't on your team so there's that. Cheers.

Thank brother. Been a rough season. With all the crazy **** popping off in the world, I’d hoped the raps would offer up a familiar respite, but they haven’t. Still can’t believe this team is 2-8.

Hope you’re enjoying tatum/brown.

Cheers

Return to Toronto Raptors