Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,576

Re: Welcome Tyrese Maxey! 

Post#481 » by Iverson Armband » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:06 pm

Embiid-MVP wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:
blargh wrote:
Reminds me of a less explosive D Rose as well. Most guys who rely on the floater are more shifty, trying to avoid contact, like Chris Paul and Tony Parker. Maxey has an aggressiveness like D Rose where he was willing to barrel into people and then finish with the floater. That’s why I’m optimistic about him drawing more fouls over time.

I think a less explosive D Rose is a good one. And while not the caliber of athlete as Rose or maybe Mitchell, why are people acting like Maxey is not explosive and is slow? Reading some of the posts on this board you’d think we had another Evan Turner on our hands. I think he’s plenty explosive and has a great first step.

He's definitely plenty explosive and really really good first step. Some people will never be satisfied.

Side question are you D Henry's cleats on the Fantasy Football forum?

Nah, but that’s a good one too! :lol:
always a jump shot away.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,343

Post#482 » by 76ciology » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 pm

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#483 » by DCasey91 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:08 pm

Love Maxey since the first game I saw him play for us back in the warmup games.

The playstyle that he has reminds me of is dare I say it Allen Iverson.

Now A.I is way more flashier and way way more score hungry but the very low almost hunched down running motion, super duper slick handles even for a rookie. Maxey definitely has a lot of similarities in his game and the way he moves to.

Elite hand - eye

Elite Body control & coordination

(That’s what’s most important for high lvl sports not raw numbers. Who cares if you can jump out of the gym if you don’t know how to control the way you move in split second time. Maxey definitely has great footwork.
He plays at a high pace but from my poi it’s never to over the place like a chicken with its head cut off.

Because he already has a knack for scoring (same with Milton too) he just needs to get games under his belt.

That hesi pull up against the Hawks in garbage time was at the elite elite level.

He has great presence/energy (Same with ball) so he sticks out from the moment he’s in the game.

And his work ethic already is top class.

An Unselfish Bigger Iverson on lower volume is maybe his Ceiling?
20+/5/5 for sure

That’s an A grade All star in my books.

Either way we definitely got one in Maxey.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#484 » by Skates » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:38 pm

In my view Maxey is higher on the do not trade list then Ben, no disrespect to Simmons who I really like, but Maxey is going to be special
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,261

Post#485 » by DCasey91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:34 am

Skates wrote:In my view Maxey is higher on the do not trade list then Ben, no disrespect to Simmons who I really like, but Maxey is going to be special

I actually agree with you as Ben has been more or less a finished product since very early on (2nd season)
There’s no production jump that all elite players make (look at players around his bracket their production and development are light year ahead no contest.)

If Ben gets you Harden I would do it literally today lol.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,410

Post#486 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:10 am

This kid is unreal considering where we got him. I didn't think he'd play at all for us and now it looks like there's no way he's coming out of the rotation. Hell of a draft pick.
Hogesy
Sophomore
And1: 145

Post#487 » by Hogesy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:23 am

His floater is pure sex!
Btothenelly
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#488 » by Btothenelly » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:31 am

Besides basketball He also seems like a truly down to earth guy. Something that always rubbed me the wrong way about Fultz was his emotions or lack thereof during games. Maxey smiles, shows energy, doesn’t mind being yelled at by the vets lol. I truly hope he becomes a perennial all star. It’s not like having a player like Ben and Fultz and hoping he “develops a shot”. Maxey can shoot. He just has to mature and develop as all nba players do. Fun times ahead. I think James Harden would actually be a great mentor for Maxey...on the court at least lol
76ciology
RealGM

Post#489 » by 76ciology » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:33 pm

Impressed by Maxey.

AND I KNOW THIS IS JUST A 2 GAME SAMPLE AND WE’RE UP AGAINST MOSTLY BACK-UP PLAYERS.

But Maxey, Ben and Biid trio has -10 NetRtg, for the last two games.

Maxey’s OnCourt ORtg has always been low for some strange reason. Im not saying he’s a bad scorer or a bad offensive player, but I just can’t figure out why.

I feel like when the three of them are on the court, Maxey plays the Seth Curry role which is better for a catch and shoot player.

Maybe let Maxey run the offense more on the halfcourt when the three are on the floor?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,257

Post#490 » by bball4life » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:42 pm

76ciology wrote:Impressed by Maxey.

AND I KNOW THIS IS JUST A 2 GAME SAMPLE AND WE’RE UP AGAINST MOSTLY BACK-UP PLAYERS.

Maxey’s OnCourt ORtg has always been low for some strange reason. Im not saying he’s a bad scorer or a bad offensive player, but I just can’t figure out why.

I feel like when the three of them are on the court, Maxey plays the Seth Curry role which is better for a catch and shoot player.

Maybe let Maxey run the offense more on the halfcourt when the three are on the floor?

I think Maxey is better when Simmons is on the bench simply because Maxey is most effective driving to the basket. And we all know where the entire defense is located when Ben is on the floor. Currently Shake is the better option to play with Ben on the floor as he's (Currently) a much better three point shooter. So those numbers make some sense to me.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#491 » by 76ciology » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Read on Twitter
Embiid-MVP
Junior
And1: 217

Post#492 » by Embiid-MVP » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:59 pm

DCasey91 wrote:Love Maxey since the first game I saw him play for us back in the warmup games.

The playstyle that he has reminds me of is dare I say it Allen Iverson.

Now A.I is way more flashier and way way more score hungry but the very low almost hunched down running motion, super duper slick handles even for a rookie. Maxey definitely has a lot of similarities in his game and the way he moves to.

I agree with you 100% I just said this same thing pretty much to my boys. They thought I was nuts and this was before the explosion game. Now they're like oh ok I see it now lol

He's a slight bigger Iverson. Only thing that's different was Iverson was ready right away. Maxey gonna take alil and I mean alil. By seasons end he'll be super ready
:banghead:
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#493 » by LloydFree » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:31 pm

sodmoraes wrote:It seems Maxey is already better than Fultz ( before acl tear ). Great pick.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app

This is Markelle Fultz'4th year in the league and people were throwing a party because he got a career high 26 points in a game. Tyrese Maxey already has a 39 point game and is averaging 22 ppg in his last 5 games.

Thanks to Orlando for giving us that pick for Fultz
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#494 » by 6ers83 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:45 pm

Too bad he isn’t 6-5 but if he was - we probably would not have a chance to pick him.

4 years from now he’ll be a guy who will score 20 a game I think and will be fearless.
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#495 » by sixers4real » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:32 am

6ers83 wrote:Too bad he isn’t 6-5 but if he was - we probably would not have a chance to pick him.

4 years from now he’ll be a guy who will score 20 a game I think and will be fearless.

Hope he’s still a Sixer by that time
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
mksp
Analyst
And1: 2,485

Post#496 » by mksp » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:20 pm

ORL, a team I hate irrationally going back to the tank days, not only traded the pick that became Tyrese Maxey for Markelle Fultz, so they could pay Markelle Fultz $16mm a year, they also passed on Tyrese Maxey so they could draft Cole Anthony.

You need luck in this league as well, for example, Philly is lucky to be playing in the same league as the Orlando Magic.
blargh
Pro Prospect
And1: 580

Post#497 » by blargh » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:24 pm

mksp wrote:ORL, a team I hate irrationally going back to the tank days, not only traded the pick that became Tyrese Maxey for Markelle Fultz, so they could pay Markelle Fultz $16mm a year, they also passed on Tyrese Maxey so they could draft Cole Anthony.

You need luck in this league as well, for example, Philly is lucky to be playing in the same league as the Orlando Magic.

Then again, the Sixers gifted Orlando their current best player, plus a FRP, as part of the privilege of acquiring Andrew Bynum. So the luck and incompetence has run both ways.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#498 » by Kolkmania » Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:31 pm

Small sample size and not backed up by any numbers, but when those three are on the court Ben Simmons is the primary initiator. There are a lot of things to like about Maxey, but he's quite hesitant with his catch and shoot threes. Plus that his inside scoring efficiency takes a hit because of Simmons' lack of floor spacing. Could explain the drop in ORtg.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,726

Post#499 » by HotelVitale » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:05 pm

Kolkmania wrote:
Maxey’s OnCourt ORtg has always been low for some strange reason. Im not saying he’s a bad scorer or a bad offensive player, but I just can’t figure out why. I feel like when the three of them are on the court, Maxey plays the Seth Curry role which is better for a catch and shoot player. Maybe let Maxey run the offense more on the halfcourt when the three are on the floor?

Small sample size and not backed up by any numbers, but when those three are on the court Ben Simmons is the primary initiator. There are a lot of things to like about Maxey, but he's quite hesitant with his catch and shoot threes. Plus that his inside scoring efficiency takes a hit because of Simmons' lack of floor spacing. Could explain the drop in ORtg.

Maxey also can't exactly 'run the offense'--he can run a pn'r for himself to try to get a shot up, or he can dribble the ball up and start a dribble hand off set. I know it's hard not to exaggerate our rookies' skills and potential but Maxey right now is just a textbook smaller scoring combo guard; he mostly takes tough runners or stepbacks/pull-ups, and he doesn't have the athleticism or size to easily get to the line. It's useful for many teams cuz shot creation is hard but it's a tough game to put up good efficiency/impact stats for, you have to be a total ninja at floaters/pull-ups etc (e.g. TJ Warren) or else have lots of little tricks like Lou Will.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#500 » by 76ciology » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:28 pm

Kolkmania wrote:

I feel the same thing.

Thats why I think Maxey should run the offense if he’s playing with Ben. Then run the offense like how we’d run down the stretch where Ben is at the dunker spot or playing as a slasher/roll man.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers