Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,913

OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:43 pm

Last thread almost maxed out, we'll pick this one up where that one left off

M-C-G wrote:Anyone have any insight into Affirm? Looks like their are going to do an IPO some time in the near future. Concept seems pretty cool and has big backers (PayPal Holdings).

https://www.affirm.com/

Not saying this will be Paypal but their share price I think started around mid 30s and is trading in the 230s today. Expected IPO price to be in the mid 30s.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#2 » by ackypoo » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:53 pm

M-C-G wrote:Anyone have any insight into Affirm? Looks like their are going to do an IPO some time in the near future. Concept seems pretty cool and has big backers (PayPal Holdings).

Not saying this will be Paypal but their share price I think started around mid 30s and is trading in the 230s today. Expected IPO price to be in the mid 30s.

what is this? paypal for layaway items?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#3 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:18 pm

ackypoo wrote:

what is this? paypal for layaway items?

Not paypal, but rather small non-interest (well baked in I suppose) loans. I'm guessing based on your credit/usage history, looks like if you want something that is a 1,000, they pay for it and point of purchase you select the terms of monthly payments that you will pay them. So I am guessing something like 15%, so you'd owe 1150 over x months but the juice isn't running, but don't know for sure.

That said, I could see these being a game changer or a colossal flop with people defaulting on payments frequently. But at its core it seems like a really good alternative to a credit card or at least a much fairer alternative in theory.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#4 » by HurricaneKid » Tue Jan 5, 2021 8:35 pm

About 10 years ago the Bucks made a big deal about accepting BTC at the pro shop. I took a look at what they had (but almost never buy anything there) and saw a guy telling his friend his cpu is getting him more anyways right then and bought what I think was a BJ (rookie) jersey for $180 in BTC at ~$6/.

That Brandon Jennings jersey cost that poor man in excess of $1,000,000.00 at today's BTC pricing.

So if you miss a buy or sell opportunity just remember: at least YOU didnt buy a Brandon Jennings jersey for a million bucks.

(Unless it was one of you in which case I'm very sorry)

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,142

Post#5 » by JEIS » Wed Jan 6, 2021 12:50 pm

You should be good Supreme. It would have been better buying at $1.60 to $3.00 (obviously), but this stock is in a hot sector. It is basically like the oil sector at its infancy, so still getting in at kind of entry level.

If the Senate flips like it looks like it will, it should be very lucrative for the green energy field.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#6 » by Stannis » Wed Jan 6, 2021 2:31 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:I want to buy HYSR, what exchange can I do this on easily?

also want to buy TPTW with it and hold it for a long time]

I bought HYSR on Fidelity. TPTW is on there as well.

What's special about TPTW btw?
Free Palestine
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#7 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jan 6, 2021 3:33 pm

It's a good day for weed stocks
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,596

Post#8 » by Stannis » Wed Jan 6, 2021 4:08 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:It's a good day for weed stocks

My Shroom stocks took a pretty big jump as well, but I think it's still a premature jump here.
Free Palestine
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#9 » by M-C-G » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:00 pm

Indeed, miss the days of CGC being at 50, but it's been a hell of day and likely hell of a week for weed stocks. Lots of shorts that are going to try and have to cover ACB, Tilray and to lesser extent Canopy.

My plan is still to hold long on CGC, already consolidated all my other weed investments to just them.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,587

Post#10 » by HaroldinGMinor » Wed Jan 6, 2021 7:07 pm

M-C-G wrote:

Indeed, miss the days of CGC being at 50, but it's been a hell of day and likely hell of a week for weed stocks. Lots of shorts that are going to try and have to cover ACB, Tilray and to lesser extent Canopy.

My plan is still to hold long on CGC, already consolidated all my other weed investments to just them.

I've seen recs for Aphria (APHA) and EnWave (NWVCF). EnWave is a pink sheet right now.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,142

Post#11 » by JEIS » Thu Jan 7, 2021 12:12 pm

Fuel cell up big after hrs on Senate news.
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,785

Post#12 » by GiannisAnte34 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:26 am

Stannis wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:I want to buy HYSR, what exchange can I do this on easily?

also want to buy TPTW with it and hold it for a long time]

I bought HYSR on Fidelity. TPTW is on there as well.

What's special about TPTW btw?

QuikLAB mobile-CLIA labs/QuikPASS as test/vaccine global status platform

I think TPTW could be a big winner
Henchman24
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#13 » by Henchman24 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 5:09 pm

First time posting in this thread, so, go easy on me. I've watched Bitcoin for quite a while and wondering about the potential good and bad. I have always been a low-risk investor, but, I'm considering taking a small(ish) 401k account and roll it over to a Bitcoin IRA. Has anyone here done this? I would love to chat with someone who has because, frankly, it makes me a bit nervous even with the smaller account. I'm going to wait to see what happens after today's increase, but, I'm not sure I want to wait too long.

Overall, just looking for some tips on how to move forward if I decide to go down this path. Thanks!
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,417

Post#14 » by th87 » Sat Jan 9, 2021 6:30 am

Henchman24 wrote:First time posting in this thread, so, go easy on me. I've watched Bitcoin for quite a while and wondering about the potential good and bad. I have always been a low-risk investor, but, I'm considering taking a small(ish) 401k account and roll it over to a Bitcoin IRA. Has anyone here done this? I would love to chat with someone who has because, frankly, it makes me a bit nervous even with the smaller account. I'm going to wait to see what happens after today's increase, but, I'm not sure I want to wait too long.

Overall, just looking for some tips on how to move forward if I decide to go down this path. Thanks!

Began talking to Bitcoinira.com, which should be able to process your rollover and walk you through it. I didn't end up doing it, however, for no good reason at all.
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#15 » by SupremeHustle » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:26 pm

Aye, thanks for that FuelCell Energy tip. Sheesh. lol
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,862

Post#16 » by jschligs » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:10 pm

Probably too late after the news, but I jumped on CROX and I'm going to hold through the year at least.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#17 » by humanrefutation » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:31 pm

If you're going with Bitcoin, make sure you remember your password. Eeeesh.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#18 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:18 pm

Affirm set to go live with IPO tomorrow it looks like. Still haven't figured out if I am in on this or not. Just seems like something that has massive upward potential to me.

https://www.retaildive.com/news/affirm-raises-ipo-target-aiming-to-top-1b/593218/
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#19 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 pm

M-C-G wrote:Affirm set to go live with IPO tomorrow it looks like. Still haven't figured out if I am in on this or not. Just seems like something that has massive upward potential to me.

https://www.retaildive.com/news/affirm-raises-ipo-target-aiming-to-top-1b/593218/

I came here to say this. I'm in for sure.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#20 » by M-C-G » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:04 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Affirm set to go live with IPO tomorrow it looks like. Still haven't figured out if I am in on this or not. Just seems like something that has massive upward potential to me.

I came here to say this. I'm in for sure.

Any expectations, or just a roll of the dice for upward potential after a few years? I am guessing this is a minimum of 5 years investment.

Ballsy taking on Credit Card industry, but maybe not as ballsy when you have PayPal Holdings doing it with you. Could be really disruptive.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks