Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,902

Re: Official Welcome Home Kyrie Thread 

Post#661 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:16 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Never seen or heard top players or leaders ever taking time off for this... in a pandemic nevertheless....

Why shouldn't anyone else just take time off for personal reasons?

And the no masks? Really?..... we gonna see him in February at this rate

In fairness, its not like anyone has done anything like this before.

Remember when LeBron took off two weeks for no reason when he came back to Cleveland and just went to Miami?

This is not that different.

My issue is that if you really do need time off, don't spend it being irresponsible.

His sister is an idiot for having a big birthday bash in the first place. Shes 30 years old, why not show a little maturity and have a low key celebration?

Great point.

I know people who are 10 years older than her who are just a **** ing stupid. This pandemic has made me see how really stupid, ignorant and selfish a lot of Americans are. I have refused to even visit any friends that I have for the most part because I question their sanity. It's been eye opening.

Every single person in that video is a moron.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#662 » by gigantes » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:20 pm

The 'excused absence' thing also looks pretty flimsy to me.

In fact, it very much sounded like Nash found out about Kyrie missing the first game at the last moment, and for unclear reasons. Following that, I seem to recall reading reports that there was very little follow-up communication from Kyrie about what was going on. This stuff is a real problem.

And considering how important Kyrie is to us, the Nets were almost forced to declare it an 'excused absence' no matter what actual reason was given. That doesn't mean Kyrie (and/or his rep) was actually being responsible here, giving the Nets a clear picture of how long he'd be out and why. If he was, you'd figure the team would announce an approximate date for his return. Because it looks pretty terrible for something like this to drag on without a closure date. Even the Nets being a tight-lipped org must realise this.

Also, I don't agree that Kyrie isn't letting his team and the fans down. The fans as a whole generate tremendous revenue for the league and the players, and have a right to see the show they paid for IMO. The other members of the team (and staff) also have things which no doubt deeply concern them, yet aren't at liberty like this to just walk away for an extended period of time, with underwhelming communication. Sure, you try to understand Kyrie is who he is, but this is getting to be too much.

So I agree that what Kyrie's doing is unfair here, and can only hope that later in the season most of this will hardly matter, anymore. But it's also yet another ripe cherry for opposing fans, as if they needed that. Yet this is also what we signed up for.
Shark
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#663 » by Shark » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:31 pm

Seriously disappointed in Kyrie. Like come on, you have to know better than this. Especially coming of the heels of KD and TJ missing time due to Covid protocols.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#664 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:38 pm

Hello Brooklyn wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:Never seen or heard top players or leaders ever taking time off for this... in a pandemic nevertheless....

In fairness, its not like anyone has done anything like this before.

Remember when LeBron took off two weeks for no reason when he came back to Cleveland and just went to Miami?

This is not that different.

My issue is that if you really do need time off, don't spend it being irresponsible.

His sister is an idiot for having a big birthday bash in the first place. Shes 30 years old, why not show a little maturity and have a low key celebration?

Never knew LeBron did that... even so, thats so bs of him. One thing I could never take away from him is his commitment to the game n to winning
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#665 » by CalamityX12 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:42 pm

Prokorov wrote:

you have never seen this before... never seen white supremists breach the capital either.

2021 is coming hard for 2020 place in history.

Kyrie being maskless n choosing to be away hurts our teams goal... these games matter still. Idk... its not exactly kosher to me.

If he's not committed, he can't be calling out guys on the court imo. I would like to be a fly in that room where he talks to his teammates
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#666 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:55 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I can't fathom that things are peaches and roses with the Nets and Kyrie right now. I dunno, I'm gonna wait til all the facts are out there but...there's no way to spin this as a positive event.

NetsJets
Starter
And1: 659

Post#667 » by NetsJets » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:00 am

WTF is he doing? Smh.
Hello Brooklyn
RealGM
And1: 12,888

Post#668 » by Hello Brooklyn » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:17 am

Kyrie made such a big deal of coming home and playing for his childhood team. He repped the team all off season and seemed so excited about the season.

I don't get why he doesn't want to play. Especially when he was putting up career stats and the team is garbage right now.
NetsJets
Starter

Post#669 » by NetsJets » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:01 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
NetsJets
Starter

Post#670 » by NetsJets » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:20 am

Wouldn’t be surprised if he quits in 2 years.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#671 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:23 am

Man, between D-Will and Kyrie, we have a knack for bringing in diva PGs that are more trouble than they're worth.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#672 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:52 am

therealbig3 wrote:Man, between D-Will and Kyrie, we have a knack for bringing in diva PGs that are more trouble than they're worth.

Kyrie said he wanted to be liked Kidd, but he's quickly headed down the path of D-Will who left here being hated and despised.

He has time to party and attend Zoom meetings, Joe Tsai needs to ask for his money back.

Meanwhile, KD shows up for work and cares about winning, making teammates better, and trying to compete.

No more excuses for Kyrie. He has failed to hold up his end of the bargain.

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#673 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:24 am

I've discussed this a lot already on other discussion forums already, so I'll try my best to briefly summarize how I feel about this. As someone who has been very supportive of Kyrie as a Net here, I'm deeply disappointed and angry with him. I do feel he has been wrongly criticized a lot over his time here, but this is different. There's nothing malicious or bad intent about what he's doing in that video imo, I actually don't have an issue with it at all. The problem is that he has been AWOL for a week without any public reasons, and we find him dancing at his sister's birthday party, while NBA games are going on. I don't have a problem with spending time with your family but I don't understand the need to miss games because of that. My guess is that Kyrie's reasoning for missing time is far beyond birthday parties, but it's a terrible look nonetheless unless explained.

Then tonight, we saw that he participated in a virtual town hall type meeting while we had a game going on. Again, there's nothing malicious about it, infact, it's a great thing that he's actively participating in things like these, but why is the timing of these things taking priority over his NBA career, when his team is already short handed and struggling? He has a lot of explaining to do to the fans and the Nets organization imo, and anyone trying to downplay this, I'm not with it. I genuinely believe that Kyrie is a good dude and he has good intentions, but he's just incredibly misguided at times.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#674 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:29 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:Man, between D-Will and Kyrie, we have a knack for bringing in diva PGs that are more trouble than they're worth.

Kyrie said he wanted to be liked Kidd, but he's quickly headed down the path of D-Will who left here being hated and despised.

He has time to party and attend Zoom meetings, Joe Tsai needs to ask for his money back.

Meanwhile, KD shows up for work and cares about winning, making teammates better, and trying to compete.

A little different, but similar:

When we first traded for Deron, he barely played because of injury and then also had to play without his second star for a year. And then was a big headache the rest of the time he was here.

Not a comparison you want if you're Kyrie.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#675 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:32 am

DarkXaero wrote:I've discussed this a lot already on other discussion forums already, so I'll try my best to briefly summarize how I feel about this. As someone who has been very supportive of Kyrie as a Net here, I'm deeply disappointed and angry with him. I do feel he has been wrongly criticized a lot over his time here, but this is different. There's nothing malicious or bad intent about what he's doing in that video imo, I actually don't have an issue with it at all. The problem is that he has been AWOL for a week without any public reasons, and we find him dancing at his sister's birthday party, while NBA games are going on. I don't have a problem with spending time with your family but I don't understand the need to miss games because of that. My guess is that Kyrie's reasoning for missing time is far beyond birthday parties, but it's a terrible look nonetheless unless explained.

Then tonight, we saw that he participated in a virtual town hall type meeting while we had a game going on. Again, there's nothing malicious about it, infact, it's a great thing that he's actively participating in things like these, but why is the timing of these things taking priority over his NBA career, when his team is already short handed and struggling? He has a lot of explaining to do to the fans and the Nets organization imo, and anyone trying to downplay this, I'm not with it. I genuinely believe that Kyrie is a good dude and he has good intentions, but he's just incredibly misguided at times.

Yeah, it's mainly the lack of communication right now. If you're going to miss time for undisclosed personal reasons, but then do other things publicly (like birthday parties and town hall meetings) while games are going on, and not follow protocols for one of those things (maskless at the party), then you really do owe an explanation to the fans imo. We are paying for the product through our viewership, so we do deserve an explanation for why he's not playing.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#676 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I can't fathom that things are peaches and roses with the Nets and Kyrie right now. I dunno, I'm gonna wait til all the facts are out there but...there's no way to spin this as a positive event.

Assassination from the media with kyrie as always. Kyrie "dancing at the club" like he is popping bottles with puffy at a strip club. dude attended his sisters birthday and is with family as he is our for personal reasons. thats where he should be. wear a mask and its 100% a non issue. Kyrie is doing whats important in a time where white supremists are terrorizing the nation, kenosha police get off the hook, and no justice for breonna. im glad he is missing games and that stuff matters to him... because that stuff matters to me, and a hell of alot more the some stupid games.

if this was game 7 of the NBA finals id still support it 100%.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#677 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:37 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Couldn't possibly disagree more. Kyrie has been an enormous asset for this team and its path forward. a great teammate and great for the community. He is now and will continue to help us get to the a title.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#678 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:39 am

DarkXaero wrote:I've discussed this a lot already on other discussion forums already, so I'll try my best to briefly summarize how I feel about this. As someone who has been very supportive of Kyrie as a Net here, I'm deeply disappointed and angry with him. I do feel he has been wrongly criticized a lot over his time here, but this is different. There's nothing malicious or bad intent about what he's doing in that video imo, I actually don't have an issue with it at all. The problem is that he has been AWOL for a week without any public reasons, and we find him dancing at his sister's birthday party, while NBA games are going on. I don't have a problem with spending time with your family but I don't understand the need to miss games because of that. My guess is that Kyrie's reasoning for missing time is far beyond birthday parties, but it's a terrible look nonetheless unless explained.

I dont think Kyrie could possibly handle this any better. Nothing good comes from him making it public instead of private. it would just get twisted 1000 times.

he was at his sisters birthday party. i would hope so.

he was involved in a town hall. i would hope so.

he missed some basketball games. not all that important in the grand scheme of things, with everything thats going on. with the terror attcks on the capital, being with family and involve in the community is more important then basketball. i wish more guys on our team took such a big involvement.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#679 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:42 am

therealbig3 wrote:

Yeah, it's mainly the lack of communication right now. If you're going to miss time for undisclosed personal reasons, but then do other things publicly (like birthday parties and town hall meetings) while games are going on, and not follow protocols for one of those things (maskless at the party), then you really do owe an explanation to the fans imo. We are paying for the product through our viewership, so we do deserve an explanation for why he's not playing.

Fans deserve absolutely ZERO when it comes to kyrie, her personal life, or his private life. and its insanely entitely to think that would even remotely be true.
therealbig3
RealGM

Post#680 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:48 am

Prokorov wrote:
therealbig3 wrote:

Fans deserve absolutely ZERO when it comes to kyrie, her personal life, or his private life. and its insanely entitely to think that would even remotely be true.

There's no NBA without fans. We literally pay for the product. I don't have to know anything about his personal life...but I think I am owed an explanation for why he's not out there playing for the team that I support with my money with regards to viewership, merchandise, tickets (during non-COVID times).

And when there's a disconnect, like when he's at a birthday party without a mask, and he's at a town hall meeting during a game, he should address it.

I mean, he is an employee that's under contract. He is OBLIGATED to play basketball for us. He can't just not play for an extended period of time because of social issues. That's a violation of his contract.

Return to Brooklyn Nets