ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hands, 1

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,855

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#121 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jan 9, 2021 8:31 pm

Shamet is actually a plus defensively, so I give him some time to get his shot back to the 37% range where he usually is
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hand 

Post#122 » by Sharcm1 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:47 am

drchaos wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:Just a update shamet is still a waste of a pick.

Keep in mind that we also got Brown.

He has been playing with the starters recently.

We traded musa for brown. He wasn’t in the same trade. Musa never developed.

We traded the number 19 pick for shamet.
drchaos
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#123 » by drchaos » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:02 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:
drchaos wrote:

My bad, I guess those trades blurred together in my memory.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#125 » by TheNetsFan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:14 am

Sharcm1 wrote:
drchaos wrote:

That is not true. News trickled out separately, but it was consummated as a single, 3 team trade.

We traded #19+2021 Toronto 2nd+#55+Musa+Hands for Shamet, Brown & #57 (Perry). There's some noise in there, but essentially we traded #19+'21 Toronto 2nd for Shamet & Brown. #55 & #57 is a virtual wash, and Musa & Hands were roster casualties.
Sharcm1
Veteran

Post#126 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:25 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:
drchaos wrote:

That is not true. News trickled out separately, but it was consummated as a single, 3 team trade.

We traded #19+2021 Toronto 2nd+#55+Musa+Hands for Shamet, Brown & #57 (Perry). There's some noise in there, but essentially we traded #19+'21 Toronto 2nd for Shamet & Brown. #55 & #57 is a virtual wash, and Musa & Hands were roster casualties.

Show me please. Cause not what I can find.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#127 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:58 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:

Show me please. Cause not what I can find.

https://www.nba.com/nets/news/2020/11/19/brooklyn-nets-acquire-landry-shamet-bruce-brown-and-draft-rights-reggie-perry-three-team-trade

https://www.netsdaily.com/2020/11/19/21578795/one-big-trade-nets-acquired-bruce-brown-landry-shamet-and-reggie-perry-in-3-team-deal
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#128 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:08 am

Shamet has been a disappointment, but Bruce Brown has been excellent so far imo.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#129 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:58 am

What brown brings translates more day to day over small samples. Defense is more effort and you dont need the ball in your hands to do it. that isnt to take away from what hes done and he is a great fit. he bring that shumpert type intangible.

Guys like shamet are much more susceptible to small sample poor showings. Cant effort your way out of a shooting slump. he has been outstanding defensively which helps, but he is here to knock down threes. im stil confident that will happen.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#130 » by Claud » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:42 pm

Prokorov wrote:What brown brings translates more day to day over small samples. Defense is more effort and you dont need the ball in your hands to do it. that isnt to take away from what hes done and he is a great fit. he bring that shumpert type intangible.

Guys like shamet are much more susceptible to small sample poor showings. Cant effort your way out of a shooting slump. he has been outstanding defensively which helps, but he is here to knock down threes. im stil confident that will happen.

I agree but seems like Shamet compounds his **** performances by playing super low IQ bbal.

His poor shooting takes him off his game and he becomes terrible all around. His defense is solid, not Brown level though.

He's easily been one of our worst performers so far but the season is young still I have hope once his shot starts to fall he'll become productive.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#131 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:48 pm

Shamet couldn't even fetched a first... miserable outcome.
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#132 » by Prokorov » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:36 pm

CalamityX12 wrote:Shamet couldn't even fetched a first... miserable outcome.

its irrelevant since we wont trade him. he is too important. his shot is getting back to form. he provides elite space
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#133 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:39 pm

Prokorov wrote:

its irrelevant since we wont trade him. he is too important. his shot is getting back to form. he provides elite space

His 3 point shooting has crept up to 35% in 9 games this month, which is a good sign. He is going to get a ton of open looks so let's hope he can go up another 5 percentage points and stay there over the next several weeks.

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#134 » by Paradise » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:57 pm

Prokorov wrote:

He wouldn’t be here at all if Marks found a dummy to give up a first for him. I’m glad he’s still here with harden for extra shooting to compensate for our thin front court but that’s not a good look.

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#135 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Paradise wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

He wouldn’t be here at all if Marks found a dummy to give up a first for him. I’m glad he’s still here with harden for extra shooting to compensate for our thin front court but that’s not a good look.

Read on Twitter

:lol: wow. Marks knew damn well he wasn't getting a first for Shamet.

vincecarter4pres
RealGM
And1: 3,436

Post#136 » by vincecarter4pres » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:19 pm

That’s sad though, good chance had he not traded for Shamet and went with someone like Bey, Allen would still be a Net.
Rich Rane wrote:I think we're all missing the point here. vc4pres needs to stop watching games.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#137 » by CalamityX12 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:40 pm

Prokorov wrote:

We won't?

They attempted to trade him for the extra first to save Allen from being dealt
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Sharcm1
Veteran

Post#138 » by Sharcm1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:56 pm

vincecarter4pres wrote:That’s sad though, good chance had he not traded for Shamet and went with someone like Bey, Allen would still be a Net.

Exactly. Either Houston would have taken bey or another team would have given a first rounder for him. Shamet a waste of space and probably the reason we lost Allen.

I’m sorry but Sean Marks got taken on this harden trade. Big time. The guy wanted to come here and Houston needed to trade him.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#139 » by Paradise » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:42 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:
vincecarter4pres wrote:That’s sad though, good chance had he not traded for Shamet and went with someone like Bey, Allen would still be a Net.

Exactly. Either Houston would have taken bey or another team would have given a first rounder for him. Shamet a waste of space and probably the reason we lost Allen.

I’m sorry but Sean Marks got taken on this harden trade. Big time. The guy wanted to come here and Houston needed to trade him.

How?

Acquiring Shamet has nothing to do with the Harden situation. Marks thought he was adding a young shooter around 23 with playoff experience that had shot 38% from three instead of betting on a mid 1st rookie to be a better player this season. He thought wrong (so far) and there’s no shame in that but it didn’t really impact the Harden deal.

Would Jarrett Allen be a Net after next season? No.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#140 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:57 pm

All this talk that Houston was backed into a corner and Harden was worthless and we shouldn't have given as much as we did, it's useless.

None of us were at the negotiating table, we don't know how much we bargained before we came to an agreement. The trade rumours lasted months, so I assume we played hardball. You can't get an MVP for table scraps, not to mention it is so rare to get a player as good as James while jettisoning a negative contract like Prince. I trust Marks, he has a good track record with trades.

We paid less for him then the Lakers paid for Davis, and way less than the Clippers paid for George.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Brooklyn Nets