Post#601 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:55 am

Mr. Contrarian at it again.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#602 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:56 am

[gfycat][/gfycat]
therealbig3 wrote:Mr. Contrarian at it again.

mr. right as usual
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect
And1: 840

Post#603 » by Brooklyn91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:02 am

Prokorov wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:You can’t just randomly be taking breaks

It's not random. we just had terrorist attack on our nations capital. Kenosha police were just let off the hook in another failure of the justice system and affirmation of systemic racism. There has maybe NEVER been a series of events as bad as this in Kyrie's lifetime. I think, it is beyond reasonable for him to take absences due to personal reasons.

diddy bopping at parties

Party. Singular. For his sister. being with family in a time like this is what everyone needs. especially black men and women.

and on zoom calls in the middle of a season.

Zoom calls. really? we are worried about zoom calls? Like why in the world would that even remotely be a problem? like what is he supposed to be doing? laying alone in the dark under his bed?

I’ve always defended Kyrie and he is one of my favorite players, but his shenanigans, in a year where we are expected to compete for a total, is not healthy for us. If he keeps up the problems I would not be against him being on the trade block at all, then he can randomly take off games whenever he feels like.

Nothing random about it. Kyrie has done 1 and exactly 1 thing that justifies criticism. not wearing a mask.

a zoom call? i cant possibly shake my head enough at this. people are worried about a zoom call? jesus effing christ

I’ll just agree to disagree with you on this one.
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#604 » by StepBackCrack » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:04 am

I don't mind at all trading Kyrie for Harden honestly. I'm getting disappointed with Kyrie. He is in a perfect environment and he is acting like this. KD is a sensitive guy as well but he is so professional unlike Kyrie. I don't know what to think of Kyrie anymore. I want to hear him but I can't lie and say that he is being professional here.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#605 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:07 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:You can’t just randomly be taking breaks

It's not random. we just had terrorist attack on our nations capital. Kenosha police were just let off the hook in another failure of the justice system and affirmation of systemic racism. There has maybe NEVER been a series of events as bad as this in Kyrie's lifetime. I think, it is beyond reasonable for him to take absences due to personal reasons.

diddy bopping at parties

Party. Singular. For his sister. being with family in a time like this is what everyone needs. especially black men and women.

and on zoom calls in the middle of a season.

Zoom calls. really? we are worried about zoom calls? Like why in the world would that even remotely be a problem? like what is he supposed to be doing? laying alone in the dark under his bed?

I’ve always defended Kyrie and he is one of my favorite players, but his shenanigans, in a year where we are expected to compete for a total, is not healthy for us. If he keeps up the problems I would not be against him being on the trade block at all, then he can randomly take off games whenever he feels like.

Nothing random about it. Kyrie has done 1 and exactly 1 thing that justifies criticism. not wearing a mask.

a zoom call? i cant possibly shake my head enough at this. people are worried about a zoom call? jesus effing christ

there is no agreeing here. you are disagreeing with facts, not me...
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#606 » by Brooklyn91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:12 am

Prokorov wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

there is no agreeing here. you are disagreeing with facts, not me...

There was no facts mentioned. You have your opinion after I gave mines... only facts we both agreed on: he wasn’t playing when he should have. Yes we know what happened in DC, and everyone else is still getting up to go to work so he should too. He can’t be too sad at a party and doing other things looking regular. Bottom period, nets don’t pay you to go take breaks like that.

You have said not one fact to dispute. You just have an opinion that it isn’t a big deal(that mostly every other Net fan disagrees with and damn near every nba fan in general)
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#607 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:16 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
There was no facts mentioned. You have your opinion after I gave mines..)

you said he was attending parties (plaural) i pointed out he went to 1 party, singular.

that is a fact
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#608 » by Brooklyn91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:19 am

Prokorov wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:

you said he was attending parties (plaural) i pointed out he went to 1 party, singular.

that is a fact

You know exactly what I meant fool :lol:
StepBackCrack
Starter
And1: 3,083

Post#609 » by StepBackCrack » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:19 am

Kyrie fans will defend him no matter what which I don't personally have an issue with but people have different opinions and in this case, at least one can see where those who have an issue with Kyrie come from. Just talking about this case here. IMO he isn't being a professional here. Nets fans deserve a statement at least of what's going on.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#610 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:22 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:

that is a fact

i do. you were misrepresenting facts... you were making the insinuation that he was going club hoping or popping bottles at strip clubs or something instead of being with his family.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#611 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:27 am

StepBackCrack wrote:Kyrie fans will defend him no matter what which I don't personally have an issue with but people have different opinions and in this case, at least one can see where those who have an issue with Kyrie come from. Just talking about this case here. IMO he isn't being a professional here. Nets fans deserve a statement at least of what's going on.

Yeah you can have different opinions on things, i get that especially for people who dont really care about whats happening to black men and women in this country and just want players to "shut up and dribble".

but fans deserve ZERO. nothing. they already got what they deserve "personal reasons". beyond that fans deserve absolutely nothing and it is the most obnoxious thing imaginable for a fan to think they deserve more then that. Kyrie doesnt need to explain spending time with his family or being involved in criminal justice reform and social justice issues in his community.

Kyrie has gotten fairly and unfairly criticized in the past.

He has not once, ever been more unfairly criticized then he is being for the current leave for personal reasons.
Brooklyn91
Pro Prospect

Post#612 » by Brooklyn91 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:31 am

Prokorov wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

that is a fact

i do. you were misrepresenting facts... you were making the insinuation that he was going club hoping or popping bottles at strip clubs or something instead of being with his family.

No fool. The facts remain he’s not “suffering” from what recently happened. He was at a party dancing smiley and on some damn zoom call. You harping on one small part of being just one party, is just you wanting to be right but nobody has time for silly ****. Team is struggling right now. He should be out there PERIOD and Nets fans know this, all nba fans know this. This is inappropriate. He’s not getting paid 33 million this year to take off when he feels like, and that’s bottom line. Now you can get the **** on with all that other ****.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#613 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:37 am

Brooklyn91 wrote:No fool. The facts remain he’s not “suffering” from what recently happened. He was at a party dancing smiley and on some damn zoom call.

It is beyond ignorant for you to discern who is and is not suffering based on facial expressions. To insinuate that every black man and women in this country isnt suffering because from time to time they attend a family gathering or have the audacity to smile is flat out disgusting.

Really? Kyrie cant being distraught or suffering about the injustices in this country because he.... broke a smile on zoom call? because he went to his sisters birthday party?

You harping on one small part of being just one party, is just you wanting to be right but nobody has time for silly ****. Team is struggling right now. He should be out there PERIOD and Nets fans know this, all nba fans know this. This is inappropriate. He’s not getting paid 33 million this year to take off when he feels like, and that’s bottom line. Now you can get the **** on with all that other ****.

Yeah Basketball just isnt important compared to real life. and it doesnt matter if the team is 6-6 or 0-12. and it doesnt matter what fans think. the idea that kyrie is doing something inappropriate is just garbage. He is a grown black man not a grown black slave... h doesnt need to live his life on the whims of some fans. if he feels something else is more important, then he is free to choose to do that. if they want to fine him and take some of that 33 million, they are welcome to it... as he said before with fines, he just hopes it goes to the right charity.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#614 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 am

^
I gotta click up for Prok here. Kyrie is taking liberties with his excuse absence. We should be able to understand him wanting to enjoy life with his father and sister, it's normal and probably helps him to heal. The only problem is that he didn't do it safely. It should have been a bare minimum attendance, and fully masked.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,542

Post#615 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:08 pm

StepBackCrack wrote:I don't mind at all trading Kyrie for Harden honestly. I'm getting disappointed with Kyrie. He is in a perfect environment and he is acting like this. KD is a sensitive guy as well but he is so professional unlike Kyrie. I don't know what to think of Kyrie anymore. I want to hear him but I can't lie and say that he is being professional here.

This is completely unprofessional. Imagine if you or I decided to pull this stunt at our jobs, what would our employers do?

Sean Marks has to be pissed off beyond all belief
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,542

Post#616 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:18 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Brooklyn91 wrote:No fool. The facts remain he’s not “suffering” from what recently happened. He was at a party dancing smiley and on some damn zoom call.

It is beyond ignorant for you to discern who is and is not suffering based on facial expressions. To insinuate that every black man and women in this country isnt suffering because from time to time they attend a family gathering or have the audacity to smile is flat out disgusting.

Really? Kyrie cant being distraught or suffering about the injustices in this country because he.... broke a smile on zoom call? because he went to his sisters birthday party?

You harping on one small part of being just one party, is just you wanting to be right but nobody has time for silly ****. Team is struggling right now. He should be out there PERIOD and Nets fans know this, all nba fans know this. This is inappropriate. He’s not getting paid 33 million this year to take off when he feels like, and that’s bottom line. Now you can get the **** on with all that other ****.

Yeah Basketball just isnt important compared to real life. and it doesnt matter if the team is 6-6 or 0-12. and it doesnt matter what fans think. the idea that kyrie is doing something inappropriate is just garbage. He is a grown black man not a grown black slave... h doesnt need to live his life on the whims of some fans. if he feels something else is more important, then he is free to choose to do that. if they want to fine him and take some of that 33 million, they are welcome to it... as he said before with fines, he just hopes it goes to the right charity.

Black people are suffering Prok, but guess what? Our suffering doesn't mean that we can shirk our obligations. I have to get my ass up in twenty minutes to work and carry out my functions as a leader of my department. I have people who depend on me to do my job at work and at home. I can't just say **** it because of my mental health or because of racism, you know how many days I had to drag myself into work feeling utterly depressed or anxiety filled? Having to deal with racist pricks and their microaggresions? Man I wish I had a dollar for every day that I had to suck it up and grind my way through when I just felt like giving up, I'd be well off by now. If everyone else has to do this, Kyrie is not going to get a pass.

I like Kyrie as far as his beliefs in social justice and being outspoken. Love his kindness to others in need of help. But that doesn't mean he should get a pass for not showing up to work. Either carry out your obligations or quit. Simple as.

He's free to leave and do as he pleases, but people don't have to like it or anything. If he wants to be like Colin Kaepernick, fine, I support that but stop jerking everyone else along.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#617 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:30 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Black people are suffering Prok, but guess what? Our suffering doesn't mean that we can shirk our obligations. I have to get my ass up in twenty minutes to work and carry out my functions as a leader of my department. I have people who depend on me to do my job at work and at home. I can't just say **** it because of my mental health or because of racism, you know how many days I had to drag myself into work feeling utterly depressed or anxiety filled? Having to deal with racist pricks and their microaggresions? Man I wish I had a dollar for every day that I had to suck it up and grind my way through when I just felt like giving up, I'd be well off by now. If everyone else has to do this, Kyrie is not going to get a pass.

I dont think Kyrie is doing anything close to that. And each job is different. I could leave for a month if i wanted to fight for social justice, overnight, with no notice, and be supported by my co-workers and employees. even if it led to them struggling. And if i decided to make a change to persure that full time, they would move on without me.

I like Kyrie as far as his beliefs in social justice and being outspoken. Love his kindness to others in need of help. But that doesn't mean he should get a pass for not showing up to work. Either carry out your obligations or quit. Simple as.

I dont think it is as big a deal as you are making. its not like he went missing and no one knows where he is. he missed some time to sort things out. The team is fine with it, so are his teammates. if it lingers and they feel they need to force his hand they will. if not, they will sit with him and figure out whats next, whether thats a return or a plan to part ways.
He's free to leave and do as he pleases, but people don't have to like it or anything. If he wants to be like Colin Kaepernick, fine, I support that but stop jerking everyone else along.

I dont think he is jerking anyone along. I dont think this is just some easy decision or thing where he may not even know what he wants to do... other then feel obligated to focus on social issues while it literally just happens. Its between him and marks at this point. and as marks said, he can address it to the public if he chooses.

I honestly see 0 issue with it, and am suprised any fan is even remotely upset outside of not getting to enjoy watching him play. Mental and emotional health is bigger then basketball. and on one should be forced to rush through that so fans have some certainty. Kyrie needs to worry about himself, and address the fans if he wants once he's good
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#618 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:15 pm

And we’re back...

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#619 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:19 pm

A Kyrie for Harden swap without a 3rd team doesnt make sense. Rockets would make this move to get rid the distractions, not add to them. Kyrie is no guarantee to report to the rockets either. a 3rd team would be unlikely to take a flyer given his salary and currently not playing.

Harden for Kyrie doesnt make sense if the team is worried about a guys commitment and partying off the court. if that stuff doesnt bother the team, they would want to keep Kyrie and add harden to it. if that does bother them, they would pass on harden
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#620 » by Claud » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:03 pm

Crazy how things can change so fast.

Harden + KD duo would be just as good if not better than Kyrie/KD.

I trust Marks in whatever decision he decides.

If Kyrie doesn't want to focus on winning a chip then perhaps the Nets organization + players have begun to sour on him as a piece.

Return to Brooklyn Nets