ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: DEN @ BRK || 01/12/21, 730pm EST

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Re: GT: DEN @ BRK || 01/12/21, 730pm EST 

Post#261 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:25 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Next up: Knicks, Magic, Bucks, Cavs, Cavs.

We need to go 3-2 over this next stretch.

4-1 is likely. 5-0 is realistic.

KD has turned a corner and is back at 100%. team is getting more and more farmiliar. once the turnovers trend down, its lights out for the league
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#262 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Paradise wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:For real, does Nash get credit for the 2nd half turnaround? :lol:

Honestly, not that much. KD won us this one on pure MVP level play.

It was a lack of effort and he should be given credit for finally benching DJ but these guys haven’t played hard regardless of coaching. It’s pure entitlement of the caliber of talent surrounding them and that is inexcusable. I don’t see anyone knocking the offensive system or the defense principles. Getting them prepared is what’s expected at this level.

Come on now. You can't give him all the blame when we lose and none of the credit when we win. He made a great decision putting Brown into the rotation and LeVert back with the 2nd unit. Also, the Nets came out aggressive on both ends in the 2nd half, got to credit Nash for getting them revved up. Either way, this was a great team win led by Durant.

Not hating at all. He is very similar to Kenny and I’ve been hard on him despite how much I agreed with his entire system of offense but his feel for the game at times is suspect and I’ll stand by that until I see a body of work that says otherwise.

He made some good calls but ultimately, KD won this game for us and there is no way around that. I won’t discredit Bruce Brown or guys like that but this win didn’t come from some tactical adjustments.

At some point, some of these guys had to wake the **** up and play hard instead of playing with this “switch” mentality that teams that WON a championship are capable of. We aren’t there yet and I see guys taking off plays because they can be made back up by KD, Kyrie or Caris.

Staggering Caris to the bench puts more pressure on role guys to finish and get KD more touches which is cool and all but it shouldn’t resort to that this early. We should be much more coherent defensively.

We’re ultimately going to have to use that MLE we held onto and the DPE that I hope we will finally get soon for Dinwiddie’s injury because we need some help.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#263 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:29 am

KD is back. like all the way back. His shot from deep still isnt falling but its there. he is running the floor and dunking all over the place and his crossovers are tight.

People hate on Jordan but he needs to play. Leverts game is really ineffective without the pick and roll and no one is respecting jeff green as a role man. Levet needs to start next to allen or DJ needs to play. otherwise we are minimizing levert.

So much talk about rebounding. turnovers are the only thing keeping us from being dominant. our efficiency on possesions that end with a FG attempt are all-time great. and much of our D issues are transition off those turnovers. we overcame it tonight... but you wont overcome 20 turnovers most nights. that will get better with more time together.

things are trending up. we could rip off 5,6,7 in a row once we click and we are right on the cusp
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

GT: DEN @ BRK || 01/12/21, 730pm EST 

Post#264 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:30 am

Read on Twitter

DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,571

Post#265 » by DarkXaero » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:36 am

Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Finally, something to overtake our drama :lol:
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#266 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:54 am

What a great game and comeback . Still need to work on our defense and turnovers but we got stops when we needed. Brown deserves to be apart of the rotation everyday, his defense and hustle is needed, plus he gave us clutch shots. His floater is a thing of beauty and is a good weapon to have.

KD was lights out, Levert is stepping his game up tremendously. Everybody contributed to this win. Prince has also been playing well, TLC too. We won't shoot 60% from the field and 50% from 3 every game so we really need to step it up defensively. This was a fun game to watch. Now let's get this win tomorrow too.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#267 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:00 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

:lol:

Quotes like this are annoying because they make it sound like KD is saying something special. If you listen to the whole interview, he was asked a weird question - something about whether Nash spoke at halftime or not.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#268 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:02 am

Papi_swav wrote:What a great game and comeback . Still need to work on our defense and turnovers but we got stops when we needed. Brown deserves to be apart of the rotation everyday, his defense and hustle is needed, plus he gave us clutch shots. His floater is a thing of beauty and is a good weapon to have.

KD was lights out, Levert is stepping his game up tremendously. Everybody contributed to this win. Prince has also been playing well, TLC too. We won't shoot 60% from the field and 50% from 3 every game so we really need to step it up defensively. This was a fun game to watch. Now let's get this win tomorrow too.

I'd like to see our defensively splits when you remove opponents offensive possesions off tunrovers. i actually think we have been decent (8-12th overall?) when you adjust for that.

we wont turn it over 17 times a game all year long
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#269 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:04 am

DarkXaero wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Also this:

Read on Twitter

At least Kyrie won't be the ONLY subject on First Take tomorrow lol
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#270 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:09 am

MGrand15 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Paradise wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Also this:

Read on Twitter

Hill is 100% right. dont tell me i cant see my family during a pandemic and during white supremist terror attacks. who knows if you will ever see them again. as a black man, you are never gauranteed another day in this country
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#271 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:10 am

Prokorov wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:What a great game and comeback . Still need to work on our defense and turnovers but we got stops when we needed. Brown deserves to be apart of the rotation everyday, his defense and hustle is needed, plus he gave us clutch shots. His floater is a thing of beauty and is a good weapon to have.

I'd like to see our defensively splits when you remove opponents offensive possesions off tunrovers. i actually think we have been decent (8-12th overall?) when you adjust for that.

I could see that being the case. it's just hard to tell because we turn it over alot every game. But that will clean up eventually.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#272 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:13 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:Do you guys think Kyrie finished his Zoom call and is watching the second half?

Does he have any thoughts on Nash's rotations? Would love to hear!

You think he **** ing cares? We needed his help on Sunday and he was too busy doing the electric slide and possibly contracting Covid at a club in West orange

I almost spit out my coffee (I work nights), I know it's a frustrating situation with Ky but that comment was gold!
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,487

Post#273 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:47 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
GTR11 wrote:MDB didn't check a thing. What's up with Ky?

Kyrie is AWOL and has quit on the team. He spent Sunday partying in a club while the Nets were playing the Thunder and tonight he was on some Zoom meeting while we were clawing our way back into the game versus Denver.

Great leader that guy is.

He is a great leader and great teammate.

Nah, the Nets real leaders are Kevin Durant as a player and Steve Nash as the coach. Kyrie removed himself willingly from this conversation. He's not a great teammate. He's not a leader in regards to this team.

He quit. That's fine, he is free to do as he pleases but don't sit here and pretend that this guy is invested in the Nets anymore.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#274 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:53 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Nah, the Nets real leaders are Kevin Durant as a player and Steve Nash as the coach. Kyrie removed himself willingly from this conversation. He's not a great teammate. He's not a leader in regards to this team.

He is a great teammate. his teammates past and present unanimously confirm that. And he is a leader; as his coach and teammates have said all year... that no one works harder.

He quit. That's fine, he is free to do as he pleases but don't sit here and pretend that this guy is invested in the Nets anymore.

He didn't quit. i think thats just ignorant. things come up in life that are more important then basketball. systemic racism is one of them. Someone super close to him dying (Kobe) was one of them.

I'm honestly really sad at your viewpoint here (and that not a knock, im not going to tell or any black man how to feel so i hope you dont take it that way), because i respect you on these things. I would think you'd be 100% in support of his absence. like if this isnt valid what is? I get why you are mad at the mask thing, but he isnt sitting out because of a mask.

i believe he is 100% invested in the Nets... and 110% invested in social justice and his community. sometimes 2 things you care about are in conflict.

I hope this is just game day emotion. you seemed earlier today to have come around on Kyrie, and saying you changed your thinking a bit to just being mad about the no mask thing. seems you kind of went back once we fell behind in the game. either way, it is really hard for me to call him a bad teammate... i look at what hardens doing right now and see a bad teammate. Kyrie isnt that guy. and he isnt some fake activist out there showboating about his causes for the press. he has been commimited and hasnt changed. he didnt think they should be playing in the bubble. he doesnt feel right playing now.

I think maybe your too close to the situation. like if it was Jalen brown doing the exact same thing, i feel like you'd be applauding it but thats just my speculation, not going to speak for you on that. If Kyrie decided tommorow he was leaving indefinitely or retiring to focus on social justice id respect him even more and be thrilled with that even thought it would obviously be a big oncourt loss for the nets
MGrand15
Lead Assistant

Post#275 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 am

Prokorov wrote:

Even with that, we're at 10 right now.

I'm honestly not worried about the offense or TOs at all. Right now, the biggest TO guy on the team is KD. He'll adjust. Outside of that, it's just careless sloppy plays. It's not like we're turning it over because we have no spacing or no options.

The defense has just been super inconsistent. When we're locked in, we've been pretty damn good.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#276 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:58 am

MGrand15 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Even with that, we're at 10 right now.

I'm honestly not worried about the offense or TOs at all. Right now, the biggest TO guy on the team is KD. He'll adjust. Outside of that, it's just careless sloppy plays. It's not like we're turning it over because we have no spacing or no options.

The defense has just been super inconsistent. When we're locked in, we've been pretty damn good.

yeah, i just keep going back to year 1 of lebrons heat. 8-9 start, super sloppy. lots of losses missing shots at the end of the game. but that team was i believe a 1 or 2 seed and went to the finals and lebron and wade hit tons of big shots eventually
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,487

Post#277 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:01 am

Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
DarkXaero wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Also this:

Read on Twitter

Hill is 100% right. dont tell me i cant see my family during a pandemic and during white supremist terror attacks. who knows if you will ever see them again. as a black man, you are never gauranteed another day in this country

I am going to challenge you on this point here. I don't think that Hill is making this a racial issue per say. He is saying to the NBA that if he can't see his family when he pleases, then the situation isn't conducive to conducting league business.

I think he's 100% right in that regard. If we are being honest, the pandemic is raging out of control. Infections and deaths are higher than they have ever been. In the NBA microcosm, the players aren't being spared and dudes are being infected or are being quarantined due to contact tracing. Players who have already have had Covid are testing positive AGAIN. This is the complete opposite of the Bubble. This situation is actually making MLB and the NFL look like they knew what they were doing, as the NBA is now postponing multiple games.

This isn't about white supremacist terrorism here. I am with you obviously in your disgust for what happened last week in DC, and the aftermath in our country.

But in this case, this is about capitalism, and the NBA insisting on pushing forward into a situation that is unsustainable to keep money rolling in. All of this will end abruptly the moment that a player or coach who cannot handle Covid due to pre conditions or otherwise succumbs to the virus.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#278 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:03 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Also this:

Read on Twitter

I am going to challenge you on this point here. I don't think that Hill is making this a racial issue per say. He is saying to the NBA that if he can't see his family when he pleases, then the situation isn't conducive to conducting league business.

I think he's 100% right in that regard. If we are being honest, the pandemic is raging out of control. Infections and deaths are higher than they have ever been. In the NBA microcosm, the players aren't being spared and dudes are being infected or are being quarantined due to contact tracing. Players who have already have had Covid are testing positive AGAIN. This is the complete opposite of the Bubble. This situation is actually making MLB and the NFL look like they knew what they were doing, as the NBA is now postponing multiple games.

This isn't about white supremacist terrorism here. I am with you obviously in your disgust for what happened last week in DC, and the aftermath in our country.

But in this case, this is about capitalism, and the NBA insisting on pushing forward into a situation that is unsustainable to keep money rolling in. All of this will end abruptly the moment that a player or coach who cannot handle Covid due to pre conditions or otherwise succumbs to the virus.

Thats fair.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#279 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:42 am

I think Jeff Green has been excellent btw, for what he cost and the role he was brought in to play.

I think his defense and hustle and outside shooting have been huge. He kind of can defend anyone, whether it's a wing or a big, and he's doing a lot of good things offensively.

Like, yeah, he had 4 TOs tonight, but he also hit 2 threes and was able to switch onto pretty much anyone and do a decent job. I think using him as a small ball 5 is one of our best lineups honestly. Wouldn't mind replacing DJ in the rotation with Green as the backup 5.

Given his versatility, I'm actually very surprised he keeps getting signed to the minimum and keeps bouncing around the league. He's very capable of being a really solid contributor for any contender.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,150

Post#280 » by Revived » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:
Also this:

Read on Twitter

What you are saying is true but if George Hill felt that the pandemic and restrictions were too much for him then why didn’t he opt out of playing?

The NBA isn’t forcing a single player into playing. They all had the choice to opt out of this season.

Read on Twitter

Return to Brooklyn Nets