ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Re: Tank World Order 

Post#781 » by DreamTeam09 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:47 pm

I'm just here to say that I'm not a fan of suggs. Don't even think he's the best on his team. Cade on the another hand, i'm on board for tanking for Cade

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Mehar
Analyst
And1: 2,234

Post#782 » by Mehar » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:21 pm

C-R-E-A-M- wrote:team is scaring me. I dont think we're bad enough to lose to the trash tier teams. all of our losses are close games to .500 teams except the boston game.

I agree. The best way for this team to finish in the bottom 3, is for them to trade both Powell or Lowry sooner than later. Maybe even trade Boucher, if he can fetch a good return. This team if it sneaks into the playoffs, will be swept out. Best thing for the franchise long-term, is to get a top 3 pick, draft picks for Powell and Lowry, and maintain their cap space for the summer. Fans need to look at the big picture. Only way this team gets a star to play for them will be through the NBA draft.
baller16
Lead Assistant
And1: 10,548

Post#783 » by baller16 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:47 pm

The 2 year plan makes the most sense given that Siakam and FVV wouldn't be a part of the timeline if we draft a top 5 pick this season, but management doesn't have the balls to do that so I wonder how things will play out
Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,633

Post#784 » by Psubs » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:51 pm

DreamTeam09 wrote:I'm just here to say that I'm not a fan of suggs. Don't even think he's the best on his team. Cade on the another hand, i'm on board for tanking for Cade

He has 3 teammates that shoot over 60%. Makes getting assists easy. Or are they shooting 60% because Suggs makes them better. In Gonzaga's case they were great before him. They replaced Petrusev and Timme is playing great. Kispert is like Dougie McBuckets. Ayayi is a richman's Delon Wright.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#785 » by Pooh_Jeter » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:02 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:If you want to do a 2 year tank you’d need to trade pascal and Fred too. We’re not getting a top 10 pick next year if they’re still here imo. And if you strip the team that much you’re looking at a much longer tank than 2 years. It’s essentially a full rebuild which takes like 5 years.

If we offer 25mil per year for Allen I doubt Brooklyn matches it. Yes it’s an over pay but it’s for a position we need and we have money available.

I’d rather be a 5-8 seed with a young developing core than stripping the team fully and waiting 5 years to maybe be a top team. You can always trade pascal for a disgruntled superstar in the future.

I’m not only talking about Cade or Suggs. Anyone in the top 5 would be fine. If we draft Mobley you go after oladipo in free agency.

Fvv
Oladipo
OG
Pascal
Mobley

Honestly, I have almost 0 faith the Raptors are able to make a big splash in FA. Oladipo is the big fish now and if there is a huge RFA offer sheet made there will be a lot of competition.

Siakam and FVV should return some solid assets and frankly I just don't think they are that good so I think after 2 years this team could be competitive for a playoff spot at least. I don't see Pascal being good enough to be the centre piece of a trade for a star right now, I don't imagine that changes positively when he is 28 or 29 and his contract nears completion.

I think it's a much safer and just better bet to be bad for 2 years, start an upward trend in years 3 and 4 and be legit competitive in year 5. There is no perfect solution to this team that is still desperately in need of that #1 guy.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#786 » by Marty_Budda » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 pm

Pooh_Jeter wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:If you want to do a 2 year tank you’d need to trade pascal and Fred too. We’re not getting a top 10 pick next year if they’re still here imo. And if you strip the team that much you’re looking at a much longer tank than 2 years. It’s essentially a full rebuild which takes like 5 years.

If we offer 25mil per year for Allen I doubt Brooklyn matches it. Yes it’s an over pay but it’s for a position we need and we have money available.

I’d rather be a 5-8 seed with a young developing core than stripping the team fully and waiting 5 years to maybe be a top team. You can always trade pascal for a disgruntled superstar in the future.

I’m not only talking about Cade or Suggs. Anyone in the top 5 would be fine. If we draft Mobley you go after oladipo in free agency.

Fvv
Oladipo
OG
Pascal
Mobley

Honestly, I have almost 0 faith the Raptors are able to make a big splash in FA. Oladipo is the big fish now and if there is a huge RFA offer sheet made there will be a lot of competition.

Siakam and FVV should return some solid assets and frankly I just don't think they are that good so I think after 2 years this team could be competitive for a playoff spot at least. I don't see Pascal being good enough to be the centre piece of a trade for a star right now, I don't imagine that changes positively when he is 28 or 29 and his contract nears completion.

I think it's a much safer and just better bet to be bad for 2 years, start an upward trend in years 3 and 4 and be legit competitive in year 5. There is no perfect solution to this team that is still desperately in need of that #1 guy.

I agree that we’re in desperate need of a number 1 guy. I think pascal would be a great number 2 with his skill set tho. To give him up for picks that probably won’t turn out better than him I’m not comfortable with. There’s no guarantee that we even find that number one guy in the draft. There’s only like 7 or 8 of those guys in the entire league currently.

I think fielding a young competitive team that wouldn’t be a title favorite but a 5 to 8 seed and gaining playoff experience is a better way to go than stripping everything we have built and the players we’ve spent years developing for draft picks that would come to a losing situation and pick up losing habits.

If a player like demar who doesn’t play d and can’t shoot 3s can get a Kawhi, I have faith Masai can flip pascal for a number 1 guy.
Kreamy
RealGM
And1: 2,097

Post#787 » by Kreamy » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm

Jalen Johnson is back for Duke. He has a chance to enter the top 3 discussion.
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#788 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:31 am

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,760

Post#789 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:08 am

Looks like a lot of teams are getting taken out by covid. We may find ourselves in the playoffs somehow lol. It's been great the team has been able to stay pretty safe from it though.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,184

Post#790 » by God Squad » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:53 am

Kreamy wrote:Jalen Johnson is back for Duke. He has a chance to enter the top 3 discussion.

I don't think he has any chance for the top 3.. like at all. Pretty much a lock to be anyone of

Cade
Suggs
Green
Mobley
Kuminga

Johnson can fall anywhere from 4-10 imo. Dukes been terrible this year, especially BJ Boston.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#791 » by God Squad » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:56 am

Basketball_Jones wrote:Looks like a lot of teams are getting taken out by covid. We may find ourselves in the playoffs somehow lol. It's been great the team has been able to stay pretty safe from it though.

Agreed. But I think it has to do with our Team being disciplined. Most of the teams being hit are younger guys. I don't see Lebron putting himself in a situation where he'll need to isolate himself. Not on purpose at least lol.
God Squad
RealGM

Post#792 » by God Squad » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:58 am

C-R-E-A-M- wrote:

Cade Cunningham
18 pts
6-12
3-6 3pt
7 reb
3 assists
2 blks

Upsets Kansas
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,357

Post#793 » by tdotrep2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 am

this draft i deeeeeeep, collect them picks nows the year
CoinTossRoss31
Rookie
And1: 1,253

Post#794 » by CoinTossRoss31 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:19 pm

Psubs wrote:
DreamTeam09 wrote:I'm just here to say that I'm not a fan of suggs. Don't even think he's the best on his team. Cade on the another hand, i'm on board for tanking for Cade

He has 3 teammates that shoot over 60%. Makes getting assists easy. Or are they shooting 60% because Suggs makes them better. In Gonzaga's case they were great before him. They replaced Petrusev and Timme is playing great. Kispert is like Dougie McBuckets. Ayayi is a richman's Delon Wright.

Doug Mcdermott was one of my favorite college players ever ( Don't watch much college). Made me tune in for the Creighton games
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,279

Post#795 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:48 pm

I'm with you in CLEARLY having Cade ahead of Suggs for our team because I just like that Cade's height will be much more beneficial on defense and rebounding but I wouldn't go as far as saying not a fan or that I don't think he's the best on his team.

I would also take Green and Kuminga over him. I think all 4 of them can be excellent potentially franchise changing talents (Cade being the most so) but just seen how BOS length really disrupted us and the other top teams like MIL, PHI, MIA etc will cause the same problems especially since we've lost our depth in the post.

At the height of Suggs potential I could see him being something of Brandon Roy with better passing instincts type which is excellent n why I would have zero issue drafting him (assuming he is actually 6'4 and not 6'2 bc he looks small to me but I just think guys like Green and Kuminga have a similar ceiling for their potential (different styles of play) but again add more versatility on defense. But of any Cade is the guy I want on this team the most. I think for this next generation of bball he's gonna be the guy right behind Luka and ahead of Tatum. The other guys for me are more comparable to Tatum's potential with Green adding an element of added excitement/electricity a la VC due to his incredible athleticism.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,760

Post#796 » by Basketball_Jones » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Cade over Suggs just based on how the league is. 3/4’s with ball handling, shooting, and defense are just more valuable then even the point guards now I feel.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#797 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:15 pm

Basketball_Jones wrote:Cade over Suggs just based on how the league is. 3/4’s with ball handling, shooting, and defense are just more valuable then even the point guards now I feel.

Although I'd argue the league has never really favored the typical PG position. Even when Isaiah n the Pistons won, I feel like it's because they were able to exploit the rules then where you could just commit murder around the basket until they physically wore down their opponents but for the VAST majority its been an elite wing (primarily) and/or big that got it done and being that it's league about space and shooting that has also eliminated the hand check it's pretty much made for the wing player to takeover (2 through 4 with guard skills)...

So yeah I'm favoring Cade first then Green or Kuminga and less high on Mobley unless he shows the ability to create plays for others or is an elite outside threat as a big and Suggs...just too small and I think limits the potential to where someone like Lillard is.
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
CoinTossRoss31
Rookie
And1: 1,253

Post#798 » by CoinTossRoss31 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:28 pm

The only reason that I'm hesitant on Mobley is because I hear he's very lax during games. If we are looking for a true #1 I want someone with a killer instinct that demands the ball.
PhilBlackson
RealGM

Post#799 » by PhilBlackson » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:37 pm

CoinTossRoss31 wrote:The only reason that I'm hesitant on Mobley is because I hear he's very lax during games. If we are looking for a true #1 I want someone with a killer instinct that demands the ball.

Not only that...I don't see this elite scoring ability.

I see poor comparisons to AD when his skillset from what I see is far more Bosh like, as is his demeanor. Obviously that's a damn good player but I'm not seeing a franchise altering one, at least not yet.

I just think too many people are focused (as per usual) on drafting on "need" vs bpa. I could understand if we had a Luka, Tatum or whomever that was already an elite wing but that level of player doesn't exist on our roster and is becoming clearly the most important piece of any true contender in the league and as you said just flat out don't see that alpha type of player that really this franchise needs especially with Kyle nearing retirement and I think very likely gone after this season (who we should trade asap for some type of pick).
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#800 » by 720 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:43 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
CoinTossRoss31 wrote:The only reason that I'm hesitant on Mobley is because I hear he's very lax during games. If we are looking for a true #1 I want someone with a killer instinct that demands the ball.

Not only that...I don't see this elite scoring ability.

I see poor comparisons to AD when his skillset from what I see is far more Bosh like, as is his demeanor. Obviously that's a damn good player but I'm not seeing a franchise altering one, at least not yet.

I just think too many people are focused (as per usual) on drafting on "need" vs bpa. I could understand if we had a Luka, Tatum or whomever that was already an elite wing but that level of player doesn't exist on our roster and is becoming clearly the most important piece of any true contender in the league and as you said just flat out don't see that alpha type of player that really this franchise needs especially with Kyle nearing retirement and I think very likely gone after this season (who we should trade asap for some type of pick).

We also have Siakam who is becoming dominant in the post and moving away from the three point line. He would benefit more with a star from the guard spot alongside him rather than a Big.

Return to Toronto Raptors