ImageImageImage

Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,081

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread: 2020 Offseason 

Post#861 » by Kobblehead » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:34 pm

Gotta move Simmons. As long as he's here, he's just....in the way. He requires way more touches than the typical glue piece. Which is not ideal.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,183

Post#862 » by ProcessDoctor » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:03 pm

76ciology wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Would you rather trade Simmons alone or Harris + Maxey for Harden? Serious question.

Harris and Maxey.

Then i’ll trade Simmons for Beal or someone on that level.

You didnt see that coming huh?

Beal, Harden and Biid. Secure me for a championship now while being able to compete with Biid and Beal or someone on that level.

If I’m GM, I’ll be looking to trade Ben. With or without Harden.

Ben has more worth as an asset than as an player. He has reached that point IMO.

What if we had to keep Ben (i.e. no Beal trade)? Still the same answer?
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Batum/Oubre/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#863 » by 76ciology » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:40 am

ProcessDoctor wrote:
76ciology wrote:
ProcessDoctor wrote:Would you rather trade Simmons alone or Harris + Maxey for Harden? Serious question.

Harris and Maxey.

Then i’ll trade Simmons for Beal or someone on that level.

You didnt see that coming huh?

Beal, Harden and Biid. Secure me for a championship now while being able to compete with Biid and Beal or someone on that level.

If I’m GM, I’ll be looking to trade Ben. With or without Harden.

Ben has more worth as an asset than as an player. He has reached that point IMO.

What if we had to keep Ben (i.e. no Beal trade)? Still the same answer?

What same answer?

If i can get Harden for Maxey and Tobias, its a no brainer for me to do that deal.

I WILL TRADE Ben but i wont trade him just for the sake to trade him.

I’ll win trade after win another trade then let it compound.

Maybe even find a package to trade Beal and Harden later.

Evolve or die
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,705

Post#864 » by the_process » Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:44 pm

Poirier, Ferguson, and NYK 2nd to the Knicks for Bullock

Simmons, Harris, and Green to CHI
Porter and Arcidiacono to UTA
Markkanen, LaVine, Young, and Conley to PHI

Conley/Curry/Maxey
LaVine/Milton/Joe/Mathis*
Thybulle/Korkmaz/Bullock
Markkanen/Young/Scott/Reed*
Embiid/Howard/Bradley
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant
And1: 935

Post#865 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:56 am

Embiid/Howard

Danny/
Shake/Joe
Curry/Maxey

Trade everyone else and fill in the blanks with 3&D guys.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#866 » by KramerDSP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:21 am

Would there be any interest in a three way trade between Toronto, San Antonio, and Philly where Ben Simmons would go to either the Raptors or Spurs and Philly would end up with both Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, along with prospects and/or picks. The challenge is filling in the rest of the equation, especially given that Lowry and DeRozan are on expiring contracts. But I think it could be a special team.

Kyle Lowry/Shake Milton
Seth Curry/Tyrese Maxey/Furkan Korkmaz
DeMar DeRozan/Danny Green/Isiah Joe
Tobias Harris/Mike Scott
Joel Embiid/Dwight Howard
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#867 » by 76ciology » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:37 am

KramerDSP wrote:Would there be any interest in a three way trade between Toronto, San Antonio, and Philly where Ben Simmons would go to either the Raptors or Spurs and Philly would end up with both Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, along with prospects and/or picks. The challenge is filling in the rest of the equation, especially given that Lowry and DeRozan are on expiring contracts. But I think it could be a special team.

Kyle Lowry/Shake Milton
Tobias Harris/Mike Scott

Umm no?

I’d rather be patient. A lot more fishes in the sea
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
the_process
RealGM

Post#868 » by the_process » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:14 pm

KramerDSP wrote:Would there be any interest in a three way trade between Toronto, San Antonio, and Philly where Ben Simmons would go to either the Raptors or Spurs and Philly would end up with both Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, along with prospects and/or picks. The challenge is filling in the rest of the equation, especially given that Lowry and DeRozan are on expiring contracts. But I think it could be a special team.

Kyle Lowry/Shake Milton
Tobias Harris/Mike Scott

Lowry is worth a package starting with Green and a 1st.

I'd trade Harris for Gay and DeRozan if SAS is down.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#869 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:29 pm

the_process wrote:

Kyle Lowry/Shake Milton
Tobias Harris/Mike Scott

Something tells me San Antonio is about to enter a retooling phase building around Murray/Walker/Vassell.

Maybe they want the $80M cap space in the upcoming off-season to try to sign a guy like John Collins, which makes WAY too much sense now that I type it out. Or they trade for him with the intent to pay him on an extension.

Matter of fact, they could take all that cap space and offer deals to both Collins and Jarrett Allen, and neither team would likely match.

Allen/Collins/Vassell/Walker/Murray

That seems like a viable young squad out West.

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
the_process
RealGM

Post#870 » by the_process » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:33 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
the_process wrote:

Kyle Lowry/Shake Milton
Tobias Harris/Mike Scott

Something tells me San Antonio is about to enter a retooling phase building around Murray/Walker/Vassell.

Maybe they want the $80M cap space in the upcoming off-season to try to sign a guy like John Collins, which makes WAY too much sense now that I type it out. Or they trade for him with the intent to pay him on an extension.

Matter of fact, they could take all that cap space and offer deals to both Collins and Jarrett Allen, and neither team would likely match.

Depends on what Pop's plans are. If he's sticking around, he might prefer getting a guy like Tobias, who is under contract, to compete. If he's done after the Olympics, then I imagine the Spurs will rebuild around Murray and White and Vassell and a new coaching staff.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#871 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:38 pm

the_process wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
the_process wrote:

Depends on what Pop's plans are. If he's sticking around, he might prefer getting a guy like Tobias, who is under contract, to compete. If he's done after the Olympics, then I imagine the Spurs will rebuild around Murray and White and Vassell and a new coaching staff.
My point is that they could simply use all the cap space their own way to build a contending roster in the off-season, rather than trading assets now for a player on one of the worst contracts in the league...

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
the_process
RealGM

Post#872 » by the_process » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:25 pm

51X3RF4N wrote:
the_process wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:Something tells me San Antonio is about to enter a retooling phase building around Murray/Walker/Vassell.

My point is that they could simply use all the cap space their own way to build a contending roster in the off-season, rather than trading assets now for a player on one of the worst contracts in the league...

And my point was simply was Pop would likely rather have an established vet like Harris as opposed to a younger project like Collins. Whereas a new coaching staff would be more likely to take your approach.
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#873 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:34 pm

the_process wrote:
51X3RF4N wrote:
the_process wrote:

And my point was simply was Pop would likely rather have an established vet like Harris as opposed to a younger project like Collins. Whereas a new coaching staff would be more likely to take your approach.
I wouldn't say I agree. Collins is not a project and is an impactful player on the same level as Harris in my opinion. And would be far cheaper than Harris.

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,812

Post#874 » by Stanford » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:12 pm

Ben Simmons

for

James Harden
the_process
RealGM

Post#875 » by the_process » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:12 pm

If Harden is going to come here and start demanding practice be cancelled so he can go party in Vegas... I'd rather trade Simmons to WSH for Beal and Brown.
KramerDSP
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#876 » by KramerDSP » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:30 pm

Harden looked shockingly out of shape last night during the warmups. I’d overpay for Beal.
"I don’t wanna be Jordan, I don’t wanna be Magic, I don’t wanna be Bird or Isiah. I don’t wanna be any of those guys. When my career’s over, I''m gonna look in the mirror and say I did it my way.”- Allen Iverson
51X3RF4N
Lead Assistant

Post#877 » by 51X3RF4N » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:33 pm

I don't think you can get Beal for Simmons unless Beal asks to be traded publicly, or you add a lot of value to Ben.

Your Future Sixers

C- Embiid/?
PF- ?/?
SF- ?/?
SG- ?/?
PG- ?/?
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,812