George Hill not happy about COVID protocols

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,387

Re: George Hill not happy about COVID protocols 

Post#61 » by Mikistan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:14 pm

NY 567 wrote:
Koyen wrote:
NY 567 wrote:Society in general has gone way to far with this Covid lunacy. This is a free country. Good for George Hill

And here is our daily example of why humanity is on a decline. Man... it's such a shame we as a human kind produce of a bunch of dumb morons :(

Dumb morons allow themselves to be totally controlled by government.

Better to be controlled by qanon lies than government amiright guys don't tread of me
whatever_
Junior
And1: 558

Post#62 » by whatever_ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:23 pm

8 freaking million dollars and he can't make a temporary sacrifice? ffs
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,445

Post#63 » by TRik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:26 pm

Lol. He’s a grown man with delusional opinions. ‘If I want to jeopardise the lives of my friends and family by not taking a killer virus seriously then I will’, ‘If I want to help bankrupt an organisation that has made me and my family richer beyond my wildest dreams I will’

I hate these meathead players that act as if they’re working at co- op and can do as they please and walk away whenever they like without consequence. Sure, walk away Mr Grown Man, then let the league void your contract and give it to a player that would be grateful to play basketball for a few million dollars under safe conditions.

The over-entitled era is unbearable.
‘Silly rabbit’
Doranku
Veteran
And1: 5,722

Post#64 » by Doranku » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:34 pm

George Hill is a clown. He's not happy because he can't party, let's be real. No wonder dude choked those FTs at the end of game 1 in 2018.
Fadeaway_Jumper
Rookie
And1: 2,755

Post#65 » by Fadeaway_Jumper » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:45 pm

I don’t think a single NBA Player has been seriously harmed by covid. At least the majority of those that did have it bounced back quickly and felt no impact at all. Kevin Durant had Covid, plus returned from a serious injury that sidelined him for a year and he looks just as good as ever.

If I was an NBA player I’d say screw it too. For the majority of people who actually exercise, and eat healthy Covid is a non factor. They should isolate the weak and let the rest of us go on with our lives
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#66 » by Da ThRONe » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:48 pm

It's like people can't wait to dump on other people because they make X amount of money. It reeks of evny. He has a very valid point about the hypocrisy of the situation. Things are so deadly serious that you ask people not to see their respective families, yet not too serious where the season shouldn't be paused or canceled.
Muha_i_samolet
Senior
And1: 591

Post#67 » by Muha_i_samolet » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:48 pm

Scrub thinks he should sit at home but still get paid lol
gipper08
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,830

Post#68 » by gipper08 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:56 pm

NY 567 wrote:
Koyen wrote:
NY 567 wrote:Society in general has gone way to far with this Covid lunacy. This is a free country. Good for George Hill

And here is our daily example of why humanity is on a decline. Man... it's such a shame we as a human kind produce of a bunch of dumb morons :(

Dumb morons allow themselves to be totally controlled by government.

Amen.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#69 » by thebigbird » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:57 pm

NBA players act like such spoiled little babies. They want to have their cake and eat it too. If you don’t want to follow the protocols then don’t play. But he still wants to collect the paycheck so he will just whine about the protocols instead.
DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#70 » by DrPampiloni » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:58 pm

Fadeaway_Jumper wrote:I don’t think a single NBA Player has been seriously harmed by covid. At least the majority of those that did have it bounced back quickly and felt no impact at all. Kevin Durant had Covid, plus returned from a serious injury that sidelined him for a year and he looks just as good as ever.

If I was an NBA player I’d say screw it too. For the majority of people who actually exercise, and eat healthy Covid is a non factor. They should isolate the weak and let the rest of us go on with our lives

You have to refresh yourself on the definition of the word majority man.

asas
Pro Prospect
And1: 586

Post#71 » by asas » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:58 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:It's like people can't wait to dump on other people because they make X amount of money. It reeks of evny. He has a very valid point about the hypocrisy of the situation. Things are so deadly serious that you ask people not to see their respective families, yet not too serious where the season shouldn't be paused or canceled.

What hipocrisy? Players want to get money, that's why they play, if they could get money and sit at home this season would have been postponed. It's typical Nba player tries to act smart moment, like Jamal Murray saying media doesn't talk about Kyrie's charity work by posting headlines of various articles.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#72 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:58 pm

Dupp wrote:He’s kinda right but there’s a middle ground somewhere

The bubble is the middle ground.

Or is he getting hazardous pay for performing a job in danger that he did not have reasonable expectations of when the contract was negotiated? His comments are implying it must be safe if the NBA isn't taking it seriously.

Which means he's a **** moron but what would you expect from an NBA player. As Barkley said "how did I get into college? I put up 20 and 20 in highschool".
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#73 » by TRik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:59 pm

Fadeaway_Jumper wrote:I don’t think a single NBA Player has been seriously harmed by covid. At least the majority of those that did have it bounced back quickly and felt no impact at all. Kevin Durant had Covid, plus returned from a serious injury that sidelined him for a year and he looks just as good as ever.

False and dangerous misinformation. COVID can be deadly for all ages groups regardless of health or exercise status. Attitudes like this contribute to the fast approaching half a million dead in the states from the virus.
‘Silly rabbit’
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,509

Post#74 » by sikma42 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:59 pm

thebigbird wrote:NBA players act like such spoiled little babies. They want to have their cake and eat it too. If you don’t want to follow the protocols then don’t play. But he still wants to collect the paycheck so he will just whine about the protocols instead.
He could just go and get a mental health diagnosis related to pandemic and surrounding events. That way he could sit at home and get paid. Regardless, I think he just wants to voice his opinion and it don't see the issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
asas
Pro Prospect
And1: 586

Post#75 » by asas » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:59 pm

DrPampiloni wrote:

You misunderstood what he's saying. He's talking about the majority of people that exercise(NBA), not majority of people overall.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,277

Post#76 » by celticfan42487 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:02 pm

TRik wrote:

False and dangerous misinformation. COVID can be deadly for all ages groups regardless of health or exercise status. Attitudes like this contribute to the fast approaching half a million dead in the states from the virus.

I love the idea that if you're not dead you've suffered 0 damage narrative too. My God.
Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,063

Post#77 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:03 pm

DrPampiloni wrote:

Players are losing family and friends like all of us. Isolating the "weak" is too many people. We should isolate the strong, which is what theyre doing i guess.
DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#78 » by DrPampiloni » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:04 pm

asas wrote:
DrPampiloni wrote:

You misunderstood what he's saying. He's talking about the majority of people that exercise(NBA), not majority of people overall.

It is then an even dumber statement which does not grasp how a virus spreads. Take KAT, sure he would (or did already) heal the **** out of any covid infection, but he had nearly double-digits in family casualties due to covid. I am not saying he was the spreader in this particular case but every NBA player has on average four overweight people out of five in his support bubble (family + entourage)
TRik
Lead Assistant

Post#79 » by TRik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:06 pm

asas wrote:
DrPampiloni wrote:

Lol. So you’re saying the poster somehow has secret statistics showing that COVID has been a factor for NBA players who don’t exercise or eat well???
‘Silly rabbit’
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,909

Post#80 » by thebigbird » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 pm

sikma42 wrote:
thebigbird wrote:NBA players act like such spoiled little babies. They want to have their cake and eat it too. If you don’t want to follow the protocols then don’t play. But he still wants to collect the paycheck so he will just whine about the protocols instead.
He could just go and get a mental health diagnosis related to pandemic and surrounding events. That way he could sit at home and get paid. Regardless, I think he just wants to voice his opinion and it don't see the issue.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

The issue is with him saying “they’re not going to tell me what to do.” That mindset puts the entire league in jeopardy. If he doesn’t want to follow his employer’s rules then he should find other employment or just stay home and not work. I’m sure he’s not hurting for cash.

Return to The General Board