Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Re: Trades, Transactions and Ideas Thread 

Post#981 » by thedoppelganger » Thu Jan 7, 2021 2:55 pm

With Fultz out for the year - Aminu + either Bamba/Okeke/protected 1st for Hill?
jambalaya
Sixth Man
And1: 286

Post#982 » by jambalaya » Thu Jan 7, 2021 5:50 pm

NYG wrote:What would you give up for Jarrett Allen and Denver unprotecting their 2023 first round draft pick they already owe you?

What do the Nets want?

I'd offer Bazley, Diallo, a 1st or two. If Allen wants to extend.

Want G Hill? Get one less first or nearly so.

Want some other scrub besides Diallo? Ok, for a scrub.

I dunno, don't really care to try to work out an exact price. But willing to make a fair to good offer? Yeah.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#983 » by cjmcallist » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:51 pm

jambalaya wrote:
NYG wrote:What would you give up for Jarrett Allen and Denver unprotecting their 2023 first round draft pick they already owe you?

What do the Nets want?

I dunno, don't really care to try to work out an exact price. But willing to make a fair to good offer? Yeah.

I wouldn't offer Bazely, but agree on making an offer. A late first-ish pick.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man

Post#984 » by cjmcallist » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:00 pm

Alright, I'm starting to panic. Another win, and I will be moving into level 3 freak out.

DET, WAS, MEM, and MIN are all trying to win, but they keep losing. Meanwhile, we keep winning.

I'm ready to trade some combo of Hill/Ariza/Horford for Wiggins + MIN pick.

That would be like getting two first round picks (by helping us keep the 2021 GSW pick).

Am I the only one?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#985 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:10 pm

cjmcallist wrote:Alright, I'm starting to panic. Another win, and I will be moving into level 3 freak out.

DET, WAS, MEM, and MIN are all trying to win, but they keep losing. Meanwhile, we keep winning.

That would be like getting two first round picks (by helping us keep the 2021 GSW pick).

Am I the only one?

I’m not panicking but a little annoyed. I think things will start to even out at some point. We really don’t control our own future with the way the lottery is set up now. I would like to get hill moved sooner rather than later. Horford isn’t going anywhere and isn’t really playing well enough to make a huge difference. We might as well just get used to him being here. Part of the reason we are winning games is our young guys are playing well. It’s tough to be upset with that. At least houston continues to suck.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
cjmcallist
Sixth Man

Post#986 » by cjmcallist » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:24 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Alright, I'm starting to panic. Another win, and I will be moving into level 3 freak out.

Am I the only one?

I’m not panicking but a little annoyed. I think things will start to even out at some point. We really don’t control our own future with the way the lottery is set up now. I would like to get hill moved sooner rather than later. Horford isn’t going anywhere and isn’t really playing well enough to make a huge difference. We might as well just get used to him being here. Part of the reason we are winning games is our young guys are playing well. It’s tough to be upset with that. At least houston continues to suck.

That does feel good.

I agree, Horford isn't ready to flip for value. But, I do think a team like GSW (or POR, if their front court keeps it up) would really benefit from having average or average plus players on the court. Same for TOR if they don't turn it around.

I'm clearly overreacting to 7 games, but my nightmare scenario is a 30-42 season.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#987 » by NYG » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:29 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
jambalaya wrote:

What do the Nets want?

I’m actually not a fan of any of the 4 teams, but trying to find a deal like....

LeVert to Denver for filler and picks
Allen to OKC for filler and picks
Harden to Brooklyn for LeVert, Allen, filler and picks
All those picks from the other teams to Houston
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#988 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 7, 2021 7:54 pm

cjmcallist wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

Am I the only one?

That does feel good.

I agree, Horford isn't ready to flip for value. But, I do think a team like GSW (or POR, if their front court keeps it up) would really benefit from having average or average plus players on the court. Same for TOR if they don't turn it around.

I'm clearly overreacting to 7 games, but my nightmare scenario is a 30-42 season.

I understand. Remember that New Orleans finished with a better record than that and got the number one pick. There are lots of ways this could workout or backfire beyond our control.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,076

Post#989 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:03 pm

NYG wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:
jambalaya wrote:

What do the Nets want?

I’m actually not a fan of any of the 4 teams, but trying to find a deal like....

LeVert to Denver for filler and picks
Allen to OKC for filler and picks
Harden to Brooklyn for LeVert, Allen, filler and picks
All those picks from the other teams to Houston

No way we trade Bazley for Allen.

I doubt Presti would trade more than a FRP for Allen. He's gonna get paid next season which isn't ideal for us. I wouldn't give more than HIll and a bad FRP we owe from another team (Clippers?)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#990 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:08 pm

Am I the only one?

Keep cool, we are fine.

We are still the worst team in the West. Just hope Morant & KAT can come back healthy for the Wolves and Memphis to win some games.

Detroit looks really bad so not gonna be easy to end up with the worst record in the league but we should be bottom 3.

We played a lot of ''meh'' teams so far (except Miami) and our schedule is gonna be brutal in February.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#991 » by ThunderBolt » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:17 pm

Read on Twitter
/photo/1
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#992 » by jambalaya » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:15 pm

Nets unlikely to trade Allen; but if did, would need some sort of players beyond draft consideration. Would they get a better offer than Bazley, Diallo, Hill and a first? Maybe not. But Presti probably doesn't do it. 22 year old center having great start to season. But Bazley emotional investment, etc.; nawh, he'll pass.
jambalaya
Sixth Man

Post#993 » by jambalaya » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:41 am

Allen gets first start of season against Embid. Wins matchup and team result in first half.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#994 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:52 pm

Bonga and Brown are two guys in Washington that I would buy low on. Wondering if RJ Barrett can be salvaged.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#995 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:55 am

I don't think Houston gonna be that bad and they have some easier games now but IF things are a mess there and they are a bottom 8 record in the league at the trade deadline, what would be a fair offer to remove the pick protection?

It would be a gamble but it's a risk we can afford to pay. I guess Houston would ask for a lot (even if they may win the trade if they don't get a top 4 pick)

I think If you have a remote chance of getting two high picks in this draft you should go for it.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#996 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 am

Dadouv47 wrote:I don't think Houston gonna be that bad and they have some easier games now but IF things are a mess there and they are a bottom 8 record in the league at the trade deadline, what would be a fair offer to remove the pick protection?

It would be a gamble but it's a risk we can afford to pay. I guess Houston would ask for a lot (even if they may win the trade if they don't get a top 4 pick)

I think If you have a remote chance of getting two high picks in this draft you should go for it.

Why would they remove the pick protections if they suck?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#997 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:15 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I don't think Houston gonna be that bad and they have some easier games now but IF things are a mess there and they are a bottom 8 record in the league at the trade deadline, what would be a fair offer to remove the pick protection?

because they have 52% at best to get a top 4 pick or most likely 10-20%. Obviously they probably prefer to gamble and get lucky but if Presti makes a good offer, I don't see why they shouldn't think about it.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#998 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:53 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

because they have 52% at best to get a top 4 pick or most likely 10-20%. Obviously they probably prefer to gamble and get lucky but if Presti makes a good offer, I don't see why they shouldn't think about it.

I'm not understanding what you are proposing. The top 4 protection for Houston is a way to salvage a potentially bad situation. We don't really have win now players for a team like Houston. Something related to this?

Read on Twitter
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#999 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:50 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Why would they remove the pick protections if they suck?

I'm not understanding what you are proposing. The top 4 protection for Houston is a way to salvage a potentially bad situation. We don't really have win now players for a team like Houston. Something related to this?

Read on Twitter

Not really.I will try to explain better (even if I don't know the right value about removing this kind of protection).

Let's assume the Rockets are a lock to finish with the 7th or 8th record so they have almost 32% or a bit lower of getting a top 4 pick. My question is what is the right value we should offer the Rockets to remove the protection on their pick.

For OKC, we have so many picks that I think it's worth gambling because the risk/reward is pretty good. For Houston it's more difficult obviously, but depending on the offer they make accept because they will have a 70% of winning value for nothing.

So yeah let's say Presti offers the 2024 Houston FRP and another small asset back to Houston to gamble on the 2021 draft. Would you do it? I would. My issue is that probably Houston will ask for more and it's difficult to measure the value of removing the protection because of the uncertainty/luck factor and having such a strong top 5 in this draft.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1000 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:10 pm

Spoiler:
Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Not really.I will try to explain better (even if I don't know the right value about removing this kind of protection).

Let's assume the Rockets are a lock to finish with the 7th or 8th record so they have almost 32% or a bit lower of getting a top 4 pick. My question is what is the right value we should offer the Rockets to remove the protection on their pick.

For OKC, we have so many picks that I think it's worth gambling because the risk/reward is pretty good. For Houston it's more difficult obviously, but depending on the offer they make accept because they will have a 70% of winning value for nothing.

So yeah let's say Presti offers the 2024 Houston FRP and another small asset back to Houston to gamble on the 2021 draft. Would you do it? I would. My issue is that probably Houston will ask for more and it's difficult to measure the value of removing the protection because of the uncertainty/luck factor and having such a strong top 5 in this draft.

I assume you mean the 7th or 8th worse record in the league. So this would be after the season has ended but before the lottery. At that point I wouldn't expect either team to make a trade without knowing the exact value of Houston's pick. It would be really foolish for us to give up assets for a pick that we potentially already own. I guess there are always possibilities but I can't come up with a realistic situation where that happens. I don't think there is a known value for this type of trade.

The only way I foresee us getting two top 5 picks without trading Shai is if the Miami pick ends up top 5 alongside our own top 5 pick. As of today, the Miami and Houston picks are both better than our own. Probably need butler and bam to miss extended time for that to last.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder