ImageImage

Miles Bridges Arrested: Felony Domestic Violence, Wife Speaks Pg.85

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Re: Birdland Presents - The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#801 » by Liver_Pooty » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:17 am

Last 3 games miles has had 2 blocks in each of them. Most of them of the vicious variety.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,629

Post#802 » by KembaWalker » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:29 pm

I gotta say, I didn't think he had it in him to become the defensive player and shooter he seems to have become since we last saw him.
its a bad habit for me to drop a guy after a couple years for whatever shiny new thing comes along when it comes to rooting for young players if they aren't absolutely stellar early but I think I'm back on the Miles bandwagon. I dunno what his ceiling is but credit for JB for slotting him into apparently the perfect role as well
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,160

Post#803 » by JMAC3 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:44 pm

It is not that crazy that we are seeing him become more comfortable in the league in his third year, he is still 22 years old for heavens sake. He also was a late lottery pick so to have the expectation that he was going to be great in his first or second year is setting the kid up for failure.

I hope he continues to play well and prove a lot of doubters wrong.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#804 » by James Gatz » Fri Jan 1, 2021 4:11 pm

I'm optimistic based on his early season play. The shooting we will see but if he can keep up the rebounding while being neutral on the defensive end then he's definitely a rotational player.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#805 » by JMAC3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:08 pm

Miles is awesome man. He is playing so well and he is taking the challenge of coming off the bench like a true pro. In fact it may be best for him long-term to play here because he is an undersized 4 man. To me that is still really valuable in the league as long as he is still a top 8 player on your team playing 25-30 mins a night I am fine paying him whatever contract the league decides he is worth.

His ability to get hot and have huge games is what you look for coming off the bench, on some nights he might not play as well and because he is coming off the bench it doesn't hurt your team as bad.

Props to Borrego for finding a really effective role for him thus far.
Big Board
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,050

Post#806 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:34 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Miles is awesome man. He is playing so well and he is taking the challenge of coming off the bench like a true pro. In fact it may be best for him long-term to play here because he is an undersized 4 man. To me that is still really valuable in the league as long as he is still a top 8 player on your team playing 25-30 mins a night I am fine paying him whatever contract the league decides he is worth.

His ability to get hot and have huge games is what you look for coming off the bench, on some nights he might not play as well and because he is coming off the bench it doesn't hurt your team as bad.

Props to Borrego for finding a really effective role for him thus far.

To the naked guy *boxscore watchers* he's having an eh year compared to last year, but hes much, much better, and will continue to improve. Perfect kind of player to have on a team and hes finally starting to show he can be a really good defensive player.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#807 » by BigSlam » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:54 pm

Is there anyone on the board who wishes we would of drafted SGA still over Miles?
B B M F 'ers
yosemiteben
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 13,649

Post#808 » by yosemiteben » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:32 pm

BigSlam wrote:Is there anyone on the board who wishes we would of drafted SGA still over Miles?

Not sure if serious.

SGA's stats this season: 21 ppg, 6.3 ast, 5.7 boards, 49.3% FG, 59.7% TS

Miles's stats this season: 10 ppg, 1.5 ast, 5.6 boards, 46.4% FG, 59.1% TS

I would trade Bridges for SGA all day every day, and candidly I'd probably trade Graham and Bridges for SGA today. A future starting lineup that includes SGA, Ball, Hayward, and PJ would be fantastic.
JMAC3
General Manager

Post#809 » by JMAC3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 pm

BigSlam wrote:Is there anyone on the board who wishes we would of drafted SGA still over Miles?

Of course, but you can't get them all right.

Maybe it's just too early, but honestly all the guys taken in the lottery of that draft still have a chance to work out except maybe Jerome Robinson.

Ayton, Bagley, Doncic, JJJ, Trae, Bamba, Wendell Carter, Sexton, Knox, Bridges, SGA, Bridges, Robinson, and Michael Porter Jr. might be one of the better drafts in terms of just avoiding awful misses.
Big Board
Chapelchilla
Bench Warmer
And1: 867

Post#810 » by Chapelchilla » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:26 pm

Sure, I would keep SGA but getting Bridges and Graham for him takes a lot of the sting away. They are both solid NBA rotation players.
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,168

Post#811 » by SWedd523 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:59 pm

*Raises hand emphatically*

U srs?
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#812 » by predators » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:01 am

SGA + Ball would be a giant **** back court long term with go go gadget arms. So yes.

Even without Graham we would still have Monk on the roster who is also pretty good at bricking shots.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#813 » by DY_nasty » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:38 pm

every game that miles finishes without getting to the free throw line, i cry
penquin11
Sixth Man
And1: 148

Post#814 » by penquin11 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:04 pm

I love that Miles is always looking to make the rim pay. Dude dunks with anger.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:no, the DB's will just be thinking "damn, I thought that was going to be a run!" as they easily recover to intercept a Ponder pass 10 yards off the mark
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Post#815 » by Robot Rock » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:32 pm

Technically, we did. And on draft day I wanted SGA over Miles by a, well, by a mile. But Miles has turned into one of my favorite Hornets in many, many years. I’d rather have Miles and LaMelo than SGA and Patrick Williams.
Robot Rock
Starter
And1: 939

Re: Welcome to Charlotte - Miles Bridges 

Post#816 » by Robot Rock » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:35 pm

Robot Rock wrote:This guy is garbage. One of the worst picks in team history, which is really saying something when there's only been about four good picks. The arena will be a ghost town in short order, but at least we have our new bust to laugh with.

Lol, what a moron. I swung and missed so hard on that one. I nailed Kemba and LaMelo but I vastly overrated Frank and underrated Miles.
JMAC3
General Manager

Re: Welcome to Charlotte - Miles Bridges 

Post#817 » by JMAC3 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:05 pm

JMAC3 wrote:He isn’t good at any one thing. Can’t wait for him to shoot 43 percent from the field, 33 from three with 11 points and 4 rebounds.... what a steal

Pulled from page 2 of this thread haha. I remember not being a fan of the pick when it happened.

To be fair last year Miles averaged 13 ppg, 42.4% from field, 33% from three with 5.6 rebounds, so I wasn't super far off.

I still think he can be a good player, but I remember really really wanting to trade Kemba to the Cavs for the 8th pick and I think I let that cloud my judgement because none of the guys picked after Miles I was in love with.

Lonnie Walker was pretty high on my board at the time.
Big Board
James Gatz
Veteran
And1: 693

Post#818 » by James Gatz » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:44 am

Read on Twitter

Didn't realize it was that bad.
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#819 » by DY_nasty » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:53 am

James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

its not like i just criticize for no reason

it really doesn't make sense how passive and apprehensive miles is after all this time in the league. if its not a lob or a straight line, one dribble drive to the lane he'll instantly forget how athletic he is, trip over himself, or pass out of what should still be a mismatch.

i just roll my eyes when miles dunks on someone and flexes then disappears for the rest of the night.... dude may as well be derrick jones jr with a few more plays run on his behalf outside of his bi-weekly good game
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,168

Post#820 » by SWedd523 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:43 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
James Gatz wrote:
Read on Twitter

its not like i just criticize for no reason

it really doesn't make sense how passive and apprehensive miles is after all this time in the league. if its not a lob or a straight line, one dribble drive to the lane he'll instantly forget how athletic he is, trip over himself, or pass out of what should still be a mismatch.

i just roll my eyes when miles dunks on someone and flexes then disappears for the rest of the night.... dude may as well be derrick jones jr with a few more plays run on his behalf outside of his bi-weekly good game

Go ahead and get prepared for the Hornets to make their classic mistake and give Miles the 4 year, 48-60mil deal.

His kind of wing production can be found every single off season on 1-3 year cheapish deals.

Trade him now and keep rolling the dice on wings in the draft until one sticks

Return to Charlotte Hornets