ImageImageImageImageImage

2020-2021 College/Draft thread 1

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,260

Re: 2020-2021 College/Draft thread 1 

Post#1681 » by TheGreenArrow » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:12 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
DaGawd wrote:Keep randle

Yeah he’s not going anywhere. We’re not trading an all star to draft another Frank.

Can we at least wait and see if he can keep up this play until the trade deadline until we label him a certified all-star???

Lol it’s only been 10 games let’s just sit back enjoy his progression and see if it continues.
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,386

Post#1682 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:15 pm

K-DOT wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
K-DOT wrote:On the road to Scottie Barnes, I guess

Don't really know much about him, but from the stats, he looks like a playmaking 4 who can't shoot

Just what we need.

I’m on that Daishen Nix wave right now. 6’5 PG, pretty crafty and elite playmaker. Only thing is that his jumper might be inconsistent.

Why would we take a PG when we can take another forward and just re-sign Elfrid?

I mean, listen to Breen talk about him sometimes. He's an elite playmaker who's uber-crafty at getting to the rim, and his only problem is his jumper is inconsistent, which I'm sure we can fix with a couple years of development.

:lol: I love Mike Breen but I don’t know what he’s watching sometimes
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,902

Post#1683 » by DaGawd » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:16 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Yeah he’s not going anywhere. We’re not trading an all star to draft another Frank.

Can we at least wait and see if he can keep up this play until the trade deadline until we label him a certified all-star???

Lol it’s only been 10 games let’s just sit back enjoy his progression and see if it continues.

Fair enough. But if he does I am not trading that kind of production away for more unknown commodities given our track record with those type of assets
BaF
Washington Wizards
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1684 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:20 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Aren’t you the guy who called Knox a franchise player after he had one good game?
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,404

Post#1685 » by robillionaire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:38 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Yeah he’s not going anywhere. We’re not trading an all star to draft another Frank.

Aren’t you the guy who called Knox a franchise player after he had one good game?

he led the team in scoring last night he has officially arrived the dawn of the knox II age is upon us
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,908

Post#1686 » by cgf » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:02 pm

robillionaire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

he led the team in scoring last night he has officially arrived the dawn of the knox II age is upon us

Let's be real here, what can Cade do that Kevin can't?
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 41,284

Post#1687 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:47 pm

cgf wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Aren’t you the guy who called Knox a franchise player after he had one good game?

Let's be real here, what can Cade do that Kevin can't?

Dribble with his head up.
sims
Bench Warmer
And1: 442

Post#1688 » by sims » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:11 am

corey kispert was my sleeper 2RP last year and he's having such a great senior season that he'll almost certainly be a lottery pick. would be a huge steal if we can get him with the dallas pick at this rate.

#1 oRTG
#3 oWS/oBPM
#4 WS
#9 BPM
#10 WS/40

after the trainwreck in slow motion that has been the frank/knox/rj/dsj experiment i need someone with some actual basketball skill and refinement. who cares what coach cal thinks of him. also really liking jared butler for the same reasons.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1689 » by robillionaire » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:22 am

sims wrote:corey kispert was my sleeper 2RP last year and he's having such a great senior season that he'll almost certainly be a lottery pick. would be a huge steal if we can get him with the dallas pick at this rate.

#1 oRTG
#3 oWS/oBPM
#4 WS
#9 BPM
#10 WS/40

after the trainwreck in slow motion that has been the frank/knox/rj/dsj experiment i need someone with some actual basketball skill and refinement. who cares what coach cal thinks of him. also really liking jared butler for the same reasons.

well that's why we drafted toppin
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1690 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:18 am

sims wrote:corey kispert was my sleeper 2RP last year and he's having such a great senior season that he'll almost certainly be a lottery pick. would be a huge steal if we can get him with the dallas pick at this rate.

#1 oRTG
#3 oWS/oBPM
#4 WS
#9 BPM
#10 WS/40

Yes I’m very high on Jared Butler. Wanted the Knicks to get him before he pulled out of the draft
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#1691 » by Jstock12 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:43 am

Isn't Kispert's player profile pretty similar to Brazdeikis' during his time in Michigan?

Interestingly, they're also the same age (only 2 months apart).
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#1692 » by -YogiBiz- » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:45 pm

I really like Taevion Kinsey from Marshall. Can do a little of everything very well. Better than 2:1 Ass-To Ratio grabbing. Early right now, but he's putting up 21.4PPG/5.2TRB/4.2Ass with a 62.7%/50%/83.6% slash line. He's averaging 37 mpg too so you know he can handle the Thibs workload. Would be a nice get with the Mavs pick. He should get more 3's up since he's finally figured out his shot. But he will be 21 at draft time; though, he won't be 22 until after most of his rookie campaign is done.
RealGM
And1: 39,214

Post#1693 » by 2010 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:05 pm

Jstock12 wrote:

Isn't Kispert's player profile pretty similar to Brazdeikis' during his time in Michigan?

Interestingly, they're also the same age (only 2 months apart).

Brazdeikis is more of a scorer than a pure shooter. The more accurate comp for Kispert is Joe Harris/Kyle Korver vibes.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
RealGM

Post#1694 » by 2010 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:07 pm

Don't listen to Melo. He is the one who pushed Toppin on me hard. Can't trust him with Nix either.

Nix is slow, unathletic, no wiggle, basic handle, basic jumper, gonna get fat, etc.

What can he do besides pass? And even that isn't on an elite level. He's no LaMelo Ball level court vision type dude. If we took Nix it'll be another wasted treadmill pick.

Daishen Nixikina.

3toheadmelo wrote:

:lol:

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1695 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:22 pm

2010 wrote:Don't listen to Melo. He is the one who pushed Toppin on me hard. Can't trust him with Nix either.

Nix is slow, unathletic, no wiggle, basic handle, basic jumper, gonna get fat, etc.

What can he do besides pass? And even that isn't on an elite level. He's no LaMelo Ball level court vision type dude. If we took Nix it'll be another wasted treadmill pick.

Daishen Nixikina.

3toheadmelo wrote:

We can’t trust you either. You pushed hard for Frankoro and he’s having one of the worst rookie starts in history :lol:

All jokes aside though I am only looking at Nix if we miss out on Cade, Suggs, Green and Kuminga. He’s probably the best guard after them. I think I’m starting to like David Duke more than Nix though.
cgf
RealGM

Post#1696 » by cgf » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Melo curse is strong, but I do like me some Jared Butler. Got a lot of the same things going for him that have us excited about Quickley.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
RealGM

Post#1697 » by 2010 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:32 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
2010 wrote:Don't listen to Melo. He is the one who pushed Toppin on me hard. Can't trust him with Nix either.

Daishen Nixikina.

3toheadmelo wrote:

We can’t trust you either. You pushed hard for Frankoro and he’s having one of the worst rookie starts in history :lol:

Spoiler:
You know I was tryna talk you into Haliburton tho.

All jokes aside though I am only looking at Nix if we miss out on Cade, Suggs, Green and Kuminga. He’s probably the best guard after them. I think I’m starting to like David Duke more than Nix though.

This draft is weak in PG talent beyond the top 2. But I'd take Cam Thomas, and maybe even David Johnson and Ayo Dosunmu before Nixikina.

Nix is like a glorified Ramon Sessions.

3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#1698 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:39 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Daishen Nixikina.

Spoiler:
You know I was tryna talk you into Haliburton tho.

This draft is weak in PG talent beyond the top 2. But I'd take Cam Thomas, and maybe even David Johnson and Ayo Dosunmu before Nixikina.

Nix is like a glorified Ramon Sessions.

You know I was in on Haliburton bro. Remember I was telling you about his handle looking much better from those workout videos and I think he might have star potential.

I think it’s too early to come to an conclusion about Nix though. I believe next month the G league games start and they’re gonna be televised on ESPN. So we should have a better idea of him by then. We’ll see what happens
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#1699 » by robillionaire » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:55 pm

yeah count me out on Nixikina the frank name scheme is too good 2010 just ethered this poor guy his career is over
cgf
RealGM

Post#1700 » by cgf » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:07 pm

Haven't paid much attention to Johnson yet, so I can't comment on him, but I'm not sure Ayo is a PG at the next level & I know that Cam Thomas isn't one :lol: I like Thomas' stroke & scoring instincts, but that dude is a pure gunner.

I need to see Nix play some games to get a feel for him, because right now Jared Butler is my 3rd favorite PG in this class, and I have a hard time saying he's going to be a top 20 pick.

This is why I've been trying to figure out if Keon Johnson could be groomed into a PG down the line. His skill-level will certainly need polish & it'll take some time before he's ready to take the reins, but the athletic & mental pieces are there (IMO)...plus his defense should help him get onto the court early on as a 5th guard who can make a positive impact without needing high usage.

We'd need to make another move for someone to platoon with Quickley in the PG spot in the immediate future, but that's looking like it'll be the case no matter who we pick if the lotto gods don't hook us up.

Return to New York Knicks