George Hill not happy about COVID protocols

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Re: George Hill not happy about COVID protocols 

Post#141 » by gorz » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:40 pm

durka wrote:
gorz wrote:This covid thing is definitely getting out of control and I'm not talking about the transmission of the virus. Encouraging the reprimanding of players for breaking protocols which btw only validates the unconstitutional powers of federal govt, snitching on your fellow man to authorities for celebrating a family gathering without a mask. What is this the gestapo of nazi germany? Right now ppl still seem to be okay for the most part bc ppl are still optimistic that the pandemic will eventually go away but what if it doesnt go away for any foreseeable future. What if the narrative gets pushed by the media that the virus is constantly mutating and thus there is no feasible solution to cure the spread of virus in spite of vaccine inoculations. The possibility of another year goes by and not only are we are still wearing masks everywhere we go, secluded from our friends and families, prohibited from entering stores leaving the country w/o proof of vaccination, prohibited from working job unless vaccinated, all venues concerts and sporting events get cancelled.what then? Will the citizens of America and around the world continue to accept the new norm and still comply and abide by the rules from the govt or will they rise up and revolt? I think the average intelligent person can infer that we have been suckered and by that point it might be too late.

The problem with the world today is that people like you think they are the "average intelligent person" when you're literally the complete opposite of that. The average intelligent person is someone who listens to doctors and scientists who have to dedicated their lives to education in their fields. It's all a conspiracy though, right?

That mindset is exactly the reason why our society is doomed for failure unless we stand up and hold those above us accountable. We are taught at an early age to blindly trust in our 'authority figures' professors lawyers doctors govt leaders etc never to question or challenge that authority bc after all "they know whats best for us." This naiive mentality is the equivalent of walking into a car dealership and expecting the car salesmen to be completely honest with you and not rip you off. This doesn't mean to always reject authority but rather discern when authority is overstepping their boundaries especially when our basic rights and liberties are being infringed upon. Historically censorship or Silencing any dissenting views that goes against the govt and any mainstream narrative were massive redflags and precursor to a tyrannical govt. A free society embraces our basic God given rights as well tolerating speech that opposes other worldviews..I get it the notion that our govt and the system is morally bankrupt and intellectually disingenuous leaves us lost and utterly helpless that results in delusional thinking as a self defense mechanism.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#142 » by johanliebert » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:In general, it's just easier to like young players.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

these guys are just a few years removed from highschool..they don't have a family and i'm sure don't have a house either. It's easy for young players who live at a condo with no real responsibility or children to cut off the outside world. These two probably go home and watch netflix nothing really changed.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,202

Post#143 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:13 pm

johanliebert wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:In general, it's just easier to like young players.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

these guys are just a few years removed from highschool..they don't have a family and i'm sure don't have a house either. It's easy for young players who live at a condo with no real responsibility or children to cut off the outside world. These two probably go home and watch netflix nothing really changed.

You need to re-read the quotes involved. Shai here is talking about doing what it takes to end the pandemic, not just for basketball reasons. George Hill is saying he can bring a freaking bobcat in the locker room because if he wants. There really isn't any way to spin this against the young guys.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Post#144 » by SF_Warriors » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:13 pm

A grown man that all of a sudden doesnt feel like going to work one day and ends up not going for a week, only to be seen during that time partying irresponsibly during a pandemic. Sounds like straight up immaturity to me.
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#145 » by durka » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:42 pm

gorz wrote:
durka wrote:
gorz wrote:This covid thing is definitely getting out of control and I'm not talking about the transmission of the virus. Encouraging the reprimanding of players for breaking protocols which btw only validates the unconstitutional powers of federal govt, snitching on your fellow man to authorities for celebrating a family gathering without a mask. What is this the gestapo of nazi germany? Right now ppl still seem to be okay for the most part bc ppl are still optimistic that the pandemic will eventually go away but what if it doesnt go away for any foreseeable future. What if the narrative gets pushed by the media that the virus is constantly mutating and thus there is no feasible solution to cure the spread of virus in spite of vaccine inoculations. The possibility of another year goes by and not only are we are still wearing masks everywhere we go, secluded from our friends and families, prohibited from entering stores leaving the country w/o proof of vaccination, prohibited from working job unless vaccinated, all venues concerts and sporting events get cancelled.what then? Will the citizens of America and around the world continue to accept the new norm and still comply and abide by the rules from the govt or will they rise up and revolt? I think the average intelligent person can infer that we have been suckered and by that point it might be too late.

The problem with the world today is that people like you think they are the "average intelligent person" when you're literally the complete opposite of that. The average intelligent person is someone who listens to doctors and scientists who have to dedicated their lives to education in their fields. It's all a conspiracy though, right?

That mindset is exactly the reason why our society is doomed for failure unless we stand up and hold those above us accountable. We are taught at an early age to blindly trust in our 'authority figures' professors lawyers doctors govt leaders etc never to question or challenge that authority bc after all "they know whats best for us." This naiive mentality is the equivalent of walking into a car dealership and expecting the car salesmen to be completely honest with you and not rip you off. This doesn't mean to always reject authority but rather discern when authority is overstepping their boundaries especially when our basic rights and liberties are being infringed upon. Historically censorship or Silencing any dissenting views that goes against the govt and any mainstream narrative were massive redflags and precursor to a tyrannical govt. A free society embraces our basic God given rights as well tolerating speech that opposes other worldviews..I get it the notion that our govt and the system is morally bankrupt and intellectually disingenuous leaves us lost and utterly helpless that results in delusional thinking as a self defense mechanism.

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

The fact that people like you have been brainwashed into not trusting anybody, including people who are objectively smarter than you, is tragic and has set humanity back generations in terms of the technological and medical advancements that have been made for, all for the sake of "god give rights".

To answer your question. Yes, if I want to buy a car I go to a **** Mazda dealership and assume I'm being given the proper information to compare with what the person at the Toyota dealership has told me. If I need law advice I listen to what a lawyer in that specific field tells me ( for example if I'm buying a house, I use a real estate lawyer). I listen to doctors and scientists of a specific field about specific diseases and health issues (for example when theres a pandemic I listen to an epidemiologist). Just because I may not like the answer to the question their telling me that doesnt mean it isnt true. If I question it I research what other educated people in the field have to say. I'd love to see the sources you base your opinions on. I'm guessing there probably arent any good ones

You're a perfect example of the entitlement, narcissism and lack of education that plagues our society worse than the literal plague that we are living through right now.
LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Post#146 » by LascelleL » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:10 pm

I wonder if he's willing to say this to Karl Anthony Towns.
Doranku
Veteran
And1: 5,826

Post#147 » by Doranku » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:15 pm

gorz wrote:
durka wrote:

How is government intervention during a global pandemic "overstepping their boundaries?" Would you have the government do nothing?

You realize other countries have even more strict regulations than the US, right? Are the leaders of these countries all secretly banding together to test how much control they can exert over their subjects? Do you realize how **** insane that sounds?
durka
Starter
And1: 1,031

Post#148 » by durka » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:24 pm

Doranku wrote:
gorz wrote:
durka wrote:The problem with the world today is that people like you think they are the "average intelligent person" when you're literally the complete opposite of that. The average intelligent person is someone who listens to doctors and scientists who have to dedicated their lives to education in their fields. It's all a conspiracy though, right?

How is government intervention during a global pandemic "overstepping their boundaries?" Would you have the government do nothing?

You realize other countries have even more strict regulations than the US, right? Are the leaders of these countries all secretly banding together to test how much control they can exert over their subjects? Do you realize how **** insane that sounds?

And then he has the audacity to call other people delusional :lol:
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#149 » by dlts20 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:56 pm

The thing that people forget is that kats mom died after the NBA went on break. No one is talking about that. It would have been a completely different story if she died while the season was active. That's what the league is trying to prevent. If a player or family member died while the season is active then it would be a major stain and black eye for the league and guys like Simmons/Hill/Harden/Kyrie would really be harassed by questions of why they didn't take it seriously and do they feel any guilt towards their fraternity
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,445

Post#150 » by TRik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:18 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
andrewww wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:“We can’t afford to not interact forever”

Well that’s fantastic, because once a vaccine is available you don’t have to! Hell, if you wouldn’t have been stupid in the first month or two of the virus it’s more than likely you wouldn’t have to be restricted as much anymore either.

No one is saying this is forever. It’s a temporary thing.

Ridiculous statement to make. No one knows if this is actually going to be "temporary".

They said "2 weeks to flatten the curve" originally in Ontario. We're going on almost 1 year now and we are NO better other than banking on a vaccine as the end game. In fact, we're worse off because we have neglected the problem areas (retirement homes) while piling on an unsustainable amount of debt as a society.

I have friends in the medical profession. There are a good number of them who insist the vaccine isnt going to magically make the virus go away and allow life to return to "normal". Viruses mutate, etc. There are many socioeconomic factors at play here. It is not that simple to "stay home and then we will return to normal faster". You are in for a rude awakening.

"Normal" may never return, it is NOT guaranteed.

Normal will return. Viruses a lot more dangerous than COVID-19 have swept our planet and they’ve gone away enough to the point normalcy returned. They also didn’t have medical knowledge we have in the modern times.

“I have friends in the medicos profession” is cool and all, but I’m gonna side with the thousands of scientists whose job is to study this kind of stuff, not your nurse friends who think they run the hospital.

Ontario said “2 weeks to flatten the curve” and then proceeded to do half ass measures. You can literally look around the globe at places that followed stay at home orders and don’t complain about wearing a mask and see how much better they are doing with the numbers. The response by a lot of the western world was a joke and it was extremely obvious that the economy was put ahead of people lives at best and at worst you saw some people straight up disregard the restrictions and live life with little to no repercussions.

I’m currently living in Aus and I couldn’t be prouder of the efforts made by the community to stop the spread. It absolutely could have been full blown here, on multiple occasions if people didn’t follow safety measures and act responsibly during lockdown periods. Now we are back to recording days and days of no new community cases. Everyone here seems to fully understand that having to stay at home and watch a couple movies has saved thousands and thousands of lives, and isn’t an infringement on rights during a deadly pandemic.
‘Silly rabbit’
TRik
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,445

Post#151 » by TRik » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:24 pm

gorz wrote:
TRik wrote:
Fadeaway_Jumper wrote:I don’t think a single NBA Player has been seriously harmed by covid. At least the majority of those that did have it bounced back quickly and felt no impact at all. Kevin Durant had Covid, plus returned from a serious injury that sidelined him for a year and he looks just as good as ever.

If I was an NBA player I’d say screw it too. For the majority of people who actually exercise, and eat healthy Covid is a non factor. They should isolate the weak and let the rest of us go on with our lives

False and dangerous misinformation. COVID can be deadly for all ages groups regardless of health or exercise status. Attitudes like this contribute to the fast approaching half a million dead in the states from the virus.

Riiight so dangerous which is why Gavin Newsom , governor of California mandated the lockdown of his own citizens and enforced stricter covid measures limiting the gathering of even families meanwhile he was hosting fancy dinner parties with bunch of his rich beaucrat friends. No hypocrisy here. :roll:

Lol. Desperate to make your point regardless if it didn’t really relate to the comments above.
‘Silly rabbit’
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,229

Post#152 » by Childs » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:37 pm

Steven Adams probably became one of my most favourite players
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 9,902

Post#153 » by Woodsanity » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:48 pm

No one is forcing him to play. He can sit out and not get paid. :noway: :crazy:

Only the playoffs separate the true great ones and frauds.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,556

Post#154 » by sikma42 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:10 am

TRik wrote:
Fadeaway_Jumper wrote:I don’t think a single NBA Player has been seriously harmed by covid. At least the majority of those that did have it bounced back quickly and felt no impact at all. Kevin Durant had Covid, plus returned from a serious injury that sidelined him for a year and he looks just as good as ever.

If I was an NBA player I’d say screw it too. For the majority of people who actually exercise, and eat healthy Covid is a non factor. They should isolate the weak and let the rest of us go on with our lives

False and dangerous misinformation. COVID can be deadly for all ages groups regardless of health or exercise status. Attitudes like this contribute to the fast approaching half a million dead in the states from the virus.

It's not false or dangerous (unless you just assume people are too dumb to make thier own assessments of the situation). I'd go as far as to say your response is disingenious or you lack the ability intrepret stats or we just have very different concepts of risk.

Obviously people should were masks in public and take reasonable precautions. But the COVID risk for healthy, young people is minimal.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,798

Post#155 » by floppymoose » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:17 am

A young healthy person the ability to infect/sicken/kill many other people.
RiseOfTheEmpire
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,706

Post#156 » by RiseOfTheEmpire » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:24 am

This bum feels more important than he is, sitting on the toilet during national anthems, pressuring to boycott games and throwing his team with championship aspirations out of rhythm. He talks a big talk but looks like he **** his pants....like at the free throw line in the Finals.

When the stomach's full, there's no hunger. These guys are eating good right now, but they're gonna have a nice reality check in the next CBA. While they're trying to be social justice warriors and forgetting about what their actual profession is, there are bean counters in every organization doing the math right now to make the cuts that are about to come their way. No more billion dollar tv contracts for your league, Mr. Hill. These hypocrites better rake that China money in to stay afloat.

For now, don't play, nobody will miss you.
"I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed."
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#157 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:46 am

I mean George Hill is stuck playing meaningless games in OKC at 34 years old. I’m sure he’s just looking for ways to not have to play this season.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#158 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:49 am

gorz wrote:
durka wrote:

this is what happens when you have no common sense. You find yourself ranting about nonsense and comparing doctors and scientists to used car salesmen. Can we start a conversation now about the real issue with our society, mental health? Seems like a good time to introduce that topic.
gorz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,603

Post#159 » by gorz » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:13 pm

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
gorz wrote:
durka wrote:The problem with the world today is that people like you think they are the "average intelligent person" when you're literally the complete opposite of that. The average intelligent person is someone who listens to doctors and scientists who have to dedicated their lives to education in their fields. It's all a conspiracy though, right?

this is what happens when you have no common sense. You find yourself ranting about nonsense and comparing doctors and scientists to used car salesmen. Can we start a conversation now about the real issue with our society, mental health? Seems like a good time to introduce that topic.

No this is what happens when you become indoctrinated by a liberal education system which is run and funded by the govt. Not only do we get piss poor education we are not taught how to critically think..we are taught how to think. In other words how to be a good slave to the system.
djw
Junior
And1: 605

Post#160 » by djw » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:24 pm

gorz wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
gorz wrote:

No this is what happens when you become indoctrinated by a liberal education system which is run and funded by the govt. Not only do we get piss poor education we are not taught how to critically think..we are taught how to think. In other words how to be a good slave to the system.

Let me see if I get this right.

So what you're basically saying is that we need to "think critically" because everything everybody does is for his or her own interest only and everybody is trying to rip people off? That's what car salesmen do, that's what lawyers do, that's what doctors do and that's what the goverment does. So basically that's also what you and I do.

Now let me try this critical thinking of you. As everyone is always acting in way that puts them in a better situation over the others, that what you do here as well. With what you are saying, you try to come out on top so that's obviously not the best situation for all of us.

Therefore, as a society we should do the opposite of what you are saying as your proposal is aiming at benefiting you but not us.

Thanks for getting this point across.

Return to The General Board