Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]"

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

username_taken
Veteran
And1: 2,412

Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]" 

Post#1 » by username_taken » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:32 pm

Read on Twitter

This could definitely become a bigger issue in the coming months.
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 55,447

Re: Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]" 

Post#2 » by bisme37 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:34 pm

So I'm thinking most will "get on board" when they realize the alternative is the league shutting down and them not getting paid.
BenoUdrihFTL
RealGM
And1: 23,486

Re: Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]" 

Post#3 » by BenoUdrihFTL » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:36 pm

I thought the NBA was supposed to be woke. Doesn't woke entail taking Covid seriously, i.e. getting vaccinated?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#4 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:36 pm

My wife was just showing me the VAERS (https://vaers.hhs.gov/) numbers for the vaccine...
12 people died from the vaccine in December. Those are just the people who filed a complaint with VAERS... So only the people who died had a complaint filed. There were a lot more adverse reactions than that. One doctor described being saved by an Epi-pen...
The media has incorrect data according to the government.

I would think the NBA should really look at the data before promoting anything, especially any kind of medical procedure, where an actual side effect is death.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
pingpongrac
RealGM
And1: 16,244

Post#5 » by pingpongrac » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:42 pm

Kilroy wrote:My wife was just showing me the VAERS (https://vaers.hhs.gov/) numbers for the vaccine...
12 people died from the vaccine in December. Those are just the people who filed a complaint with VAERS... So only the people who died had a complaint filed. There were a lot more adverse reactions than that. One doctor described being saved by an Epi-pen...

I would think the NBA should really look at the data before promoting anything, especially any kind of medical procedure, where an actual side effect is death.

Was the cause of death actually the vaccine or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,083

Post#6 » by mademan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:42 pm

BenoUdrihFTL wrote:I thought the NBA was supposed to be woke. Doesn't woke entail taking Covid seriously, i.e. getting vaccinated?

US's history of drug experimentation on african americans is pretty disgusting. The government doesnt have the trust of the african american community, and im not sure why they should. It's on the government to make the people believe theyre worthy of that trust
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,807

Post#7 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:43 pm

16,500 people die per year from ibuprofen. Over 30K people die every year from auto crashes. Medical error, primarily during surgery, kills 250K people per year.

Lets not let athletes take pain medication, not let them drive to games and if they suffer a catastrophic injury, dissuade them from medical surgery. Sure, their career will be over, but there is a chance they die during surgery.

Not taking the vaccine is nonsense. Any player who refuses to take it should be disqualified from playing until they do, and should not get paid.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Re: Haberstroh says 

Post#8 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 pm

pingpongrac wrote:
Kilroy wrote:My wife was just showing me the VAERS (https://vaers.hhs.gov/) numbers for the vaccine...

Was the cause of death actually the vaccine or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.

Your point is valid, but it would be more reason not to take the vaccine. That the death numbers are highly exaggerated. Meanwhile the case numbers are way under reality. Meaning the death % is extremely minimal. Especially for anyone under 80.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,492

Post#9 » by Duffman100 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:45 pm

I guess the question is what are normal vaccine death rates like? I'm assuming it's linked to an anaphylaxis reaction.

There are questions around the 12 numbers? If they gave out 100,000 vaccines and 12 people died. That's a 0.01% death rate.

How does that stack up to normal vaccine situations?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#10 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 pm

pingpongrac wrote:

Was the cause of death actually the vaccine, or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.

Why don't you be the judge... I didn't invent the website or the data... It's an actual Government org, set up to monitor/track vaccine effectiveness.

It's a mixed bag from what I can see, but then again, so is the lethality of COVID, but we're all told to react the same way....

The numbers are 12 deaths, 41 life threatening reactions without death, 3780 reactions that were non life threatening but with unknown long term effects.

Just info... Take it how you will...
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,807

Post#11 » by BlazersBroncos » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 pm

US's history of drug experimentation on african americans is pretty disgusting. The government doesnt have the trust of the african american community, and im not sure why they should. It's on the government to make the people believe theyre worthy of that trust

This is just so overstated. The tuskeege experiments are by and large the biggest example provided for this mistrust and while horrible, there is no argument that it should lead to the current backlash and mistrust. The drug experimentation argument is used to excuse ignorance.

The government literally worked on mind control, tested acid on unwilling subjects and did a litany of other horrible things relating to MK Ultra but we still dont let this normalize the QAnon idiots. Yet we allow this nonsense to normalize in black communities.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,060

Post#12 » by xAIRNESSx » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 pm

pingpongrac wrote:

I agree. To say that people have died directly due to the vaccine is pretty dangerous unless there is evidence to show the actual linkage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/health/covid-vaccine-death.html

About nine million people in the United States have received at least one shot of either the Pfizer or Moderna coronavirus vaccine, the two authorized in the United States. So far, serious problems reported were 29 cases of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction. None were reported as fatal. Many people have had other side effects like sore arms, fatigue, headache or fever, which are usually transient.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 26,895

Post#13 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 pm

Don’t get vaccinated = you don’t play or get paid

Seems simple to me
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,534

Post#14 » by Peregrine01 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 pm

I'd be careful putting this out there on such a serious topic. The world is focused on vaccinating the oldest segment of the population and there has already been millions of doses administered. Is it such a surprise that some of the very old who have been vaccinated died in the month of December?
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#15 » by jg77 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:52 pm

pingpongrac wrote:

Is every reported covid death from covid or is it something else that killed them? Because if it's the latter, misinformation like that is why people are skeptical over this pandemic. Just playing devil's advocate here
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,132

Post#16 » by lambchop » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:55 pm

Well, this was to be expected. Will take years to see if it's truly safe or not.
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#17 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:56 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:

I agree. To say that people have died directly due to the vaccine is pretty dangerous unless there is evidence to show the actual linkage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/health/covid-vaccine-death.html

About nine million people in the United States have received at least one shot of either the Pfizer or Moderna coronavirus vaccine, the two authorized in the United States. So far, serious problems reported were 29 cases of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction. None were reported as fatal. Many people have had other side effects like sore arms, fatigue, headache or fever, which are usually transient.

Correct, but this was just for the month of December. Not that many doses had been delivered yet.
Khashbaatar
Junior
And1: 164

Post#18 » by Khashbaatar » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:59 pm

Unemployed, podcast, blog guys... the f*ck they know
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,146

Post#19 » by rapstarter » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:00 pm

Kilroy wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:

Was the cause of death actually the vaccine, or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.

Why don't you be the judge... I didn't invent the website or the data... It's an actual Government org, set up to monitor/track vaccine effectiveness.

It's a mixed bag from what I can see, but then again, so is the lethality of COVID, but we're all told to react the same way....

The numbers are 12 deaths, 41 life threatening reactions without death, 3780 reactions that were non life threatening but with unknown long term effects.

Just info... Take it how you will...

Out of how many people? Seems like that's the key info.
Scoonie
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,779

Post#20 » by Scoonie » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:01 pm

I'm sure that Kyrie will have some type of conspiracy theory against the COVID vaccines and will not be willing to get one.
Dogen wrote:Celtics win despite Smart having -1 points for the game.

Return to The General Board