Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]"

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,088

Re: Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]" 

Post#21 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:01 pm

now is the time to get JACKED ON ROIDS.

With all the covid testing no way they are steroid testing too.

Fadeaway_Jumper
Rookie
And1: 2,769

Re: Haberstroh says "Good luck getting players/coaches fully on board with [vaccines]" 

Post#22 » by Fadeaway_Jumper » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:02 pm

Crazy that individuals on are on board with forcing perfectly healthy people to take an experimental vaccine that was just made a few months ago, when most vaccines take almost a decade at the minimum at least to develop. On top of that the government provides legal immunity to vaccine companies, so you can’t sue if something goes wrong.

Kilroy posts real government info stats on the Vaccine and you have people attacking him because it’s “Dangerous”

If you’re scared or at risk, you take the vaccine. Leave people to make their own decisions.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,836

Re: Haberstroh says 

Post#23 » by Karate Diop » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 pm

jg77 wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:
Kilroy wrote:My wife was just showing me the VAERS (https://vaers.hhs.gov/) numbers for the vaccine...
12 people died from the vaccine in December. Those are just the people who filed a complaint with VAERS... So only the people who died had a complaint filed. There were a lot more adverse reactions than that. One doctor described being saved by an Epi-pen...
The media has incorrect data according to the government.

I would think the NBA should really look at the data before promoting anything, especially any kind of medical procedure, where an actual side effect is death.

Was the cause of death actually the vaccine or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.

Is every reported covid death from covid or is it something else that killed them? Because if it's the latter, misinformation like that is why people are skeptical over this pandemic. Just playing devil's advocate here

The reported deaths from COVID are understated because of this very reason... Many individuals who have passed away due to a complication from COVID were not classified as COVID deaths as certain local governments manipulated data to appease their overlord.

(Similarly there have been a number of additional deaths this year resulting from a shortage of medical resources - caused by the influx of COVID cases - which again have largely gone unaccounted for...)

TLDR - The death toll caused by COVID is larger than what is being reported. All science, facts and logic prove this out.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#24 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 pm

My thing is this though... I think by all accounts, professional athletes are one of the least 'at-risk' demographics for dying from Covid... Why have them be the face of the Covid 19 vaccine? Why mandate it for that group in particular?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
TheSheriff
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,229

Post#25 » by TheSheriff » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:
Kilroy wrote:My wife was just showing me the VAERS (https://vaers.hhs.gov/) numbers for the vaccine...
12 people died from the vaccine in December. Those are just the people who filed a complaint with VAERS... So only the people who died had a complaint filed. There were a lot more adverse reactions than that. One doctor described being saved by an Epi-pen...

I would think the NBA should really look at the data before promoting anything, especially any kind of medical procedure, where an actual side effect is death.

Was the cause of death actually the vaccine or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.

I agree. To say that people have died directly due to the vaccine is pretty dangerous unless there is evidence to show the actual linkage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/health/covid-vaccine-death.html

About nine million people in the United States have received at least one shot of either the Pfizer or Moderna coronavirus vaccine, the two authorized in the United States. So far, serious problems reported were 29 cases of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction. None were reported as fatal. Many people have had other side effects like sore arms, fatigue, headache or fever, which are usually transient.

The problem is that the average person does not have the training, education and experience to look at raw numbers and make decisions.
rapstarter
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,240

Post#26 » by rapstarter » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:08 pm

Fadeaway_Jumper wrote:Crazy that individuals on are on board with forcing perfectly healthy people to take an experimental vaccine that was just made a few months ago, when most vaccines take almost a decade at the minimum at least to develop. On top of that the government provides legal immunity to vaccine companies, so you can’t sue if something goes wrong.

Kilroy posts real government info stats on the Vaccine and you have people attacking him because it’s “Dangerous”

If you’re scared or at risk, you take the vaccine. Leave people to make their own decisions.

Now I completely agree with you and the fast tracking of vaccine development worries me as well, but if someone only posts the number of deaths without providing context, the info CAN become dangerous when misread (which is likely to happen on internet).

As of December 31,

But, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, just 2.8 million people have received their first dose, though that number may be somewhat low because of lags in reporting.

12 deaths out of 2.8 million doesn't sound as threatening as just hearing 12 people have died. Obviously the number of deaths from December vaccination likely rose in January, but it seems unlikely it will be significant. If you think the mortality rate from COVID is minuscule (even at what may be an overstated figure), a dozen deaths out of 3 million really takes that to the next level.
ConSarnit
Analyst
And1: 3,668

Post#27 » by ConSarnit » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Kilroy wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:

Was the cause of death actually the vaccine, or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.

Why don't you be the judge... I didn't invent the website or the data... It's an actual Government org, set up to monitor/track vaccine effectiveness.

It's a mixed bag from what I can see, but then again, so is the lethality of COVID, but we're all told to react the same way....

The numbers are 12 deaths, 41 life threatening reactions without death, 3780 reactions that were non life threatening but with unknown long term effects.

Just info... Take it how you will...

Can you link to the death statistics? I can’t find them on that site. It seems odd to me that zero media has reported the 12 deaths if the info is so publicly available. Seems like that would be very difficult to bury.

It seems like the adverse reactions are largely from the Pfizer vaccine, so perhaps the other vaccines would be a better option.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,259

Post#28 » by mademan » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm

Karate Diop wrote:
jg77 wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:

Is every reported covid death from covid or is it something else that killed them? Because if it's the latter, misinformation like that is why people are skeptical over this pandemic. Just playing devil's advocate here

The reported deaths from COVID are understated because of this very reason... Many individuals who have passed away due to a complication from COVID were not classified as COVID deaths as certain local governments manipulated data to appease their overlord.

(Similarly there have been a number of additional deaths this year resulting from a shortage of medical resources - caused by the influx of COVID cases - which again have largely gone unaccounted for...)

TLDR - The death toll caused by COVID is larger than what is being reported. All science, facts and logic prove this out.

Nothing ive seen has shown there to be an increase in non-accidental deaths this year. Do you have any data backing that up? Cause it honestly should be pretty easy to prove what youre saying. "For the past however many years, there have been on average x many non-accidental deaths, this year there are y", and you can make an argument based on that
NY 567
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,437

Post#29 » by NY 567 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:15 pm

People should be making the decision to take the vaccine on their own. The people who want it should get it, then people who don't shouldn't.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Post#30 » by VancouverRaps » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:17 pm

Karate Diop wrote:
jg77 wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:

See this is where it gets tricky. I've read reports that people who died from other causes have been mislabeled as "covid victims"

I'll admit I haven't dug deep into this, so I'm just wondering what the deal is here with these conflicting reports.
We the Champs
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#31 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:19 pm

ConSarnit wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:Was the cause of death actually the vaccine, or did 12 people that took the vaccine die in December? Because if it's the former, misinformation like that is why this pandemic has been increasingly difficult to manage.

Why don't you be the judge... I didn't invent the website or the data... It's an actual Government org, set up to monitor/track vaccine effectiveness.

It's a mixed bag from what I can see, but then again, so is the lethality of COVID, but we're all told to react the same way....

The numbers are 12 deaths, 41 life threatening reactions without death, 3780 reactions that were non life threatening but with unknown long term effects.

Just info... Take it how you will...

Can you link to the death statistics? I can’t find them on that site. It seems odd to me that zero media has reported the 12 deaths if the info is so publicly available. Seems like that would be very difficult to bury.

It seems like the adverse reactions are largely from the Pfizer vaccine, so perhaps the other vaccines would be a better option.

You have to accept the disclaimer and download either the CDC or the VAERS data (or both)... I can't point you directly to it. You have to download it and sift through it yourself. It's a lot.. I think like 300pgs...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#32 » by jg77 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:21 pm

NUCKER101 wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:
jg77 wrote:

See this is where it gets tricky. I've read reports that people who died from other causes have been mislabeled as "covid victims"

I'll admit I haven't dug deep into this, so I'm just wondering what the deal is here with these conflicting reports.

Tbh nobody knows nothing. The info/rules on covid get made up as the days go by. I'm in the middle ground when it comes to this stuff. I'll wear my mask and follow the protocols but it's hard not to doubt some of things I've heard such as restaurants/bars needing to be closed because of the spread but schools aren't an issue...that doesn't even make sense to me lol.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,318

Post#33 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:21 pm

ConSarnit wrote: It seems odd to me that zero media has reported the 12 deaths if the info is so publicly available.

Honestly not that difficult when you control what information goes out.
jg77
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#34 » by jg77 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:23 pm

xxSnEaKyPxx wrote:
ConSarnit wrote: It seems odd to me that zero media has reported the 12 deaths if the info is so publicly available.

Honestly not that difficult when you control what information goes out.

As soon as you see something skeptical there is a fact check article the next day disputing it lol. Better just to not pay attention to the news that much.
Heej
General Manager
And1: 8,625

Post#35 » by Heej » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:24 pm

xAIRNESSx wrote:
pingpongrac wrote:

I agree. To say that people have died directly due to the vaccine is pretty dangerous unless there is evidence to show the actual linkage.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/12/health/covid-vaccine-death.html

About nine million people in the United States have received at least one shot of either the Pfizer or Moderna coronavirus vaccine, the two authorized in the United States. So far, serious problems reported were 29 cases of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction. None were reported as fatal. Many people have had other side effects like sore arms, fatigue, headache or fever, which are usually transient.

Something tells me this logic hasn't been applied consistently across the board tho :lol:. Seems like we pick and choose what rigor we apply scrutiny to for claims of direct causes of death
LeBron's NBA Cup MVP is more valuable than either of KD's Finals MVPs. This is the word of the Lord
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,088

Post#36 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:24 pm

Ill be the first to admit that despite everything I have heard and read about covid...

I STILL DONT KNOW A GOD DAMN THING.

All the news that comes out about covid contradicts itself a million times a day.
VancouverRaps
Head Coach
And1: 12,852

Post#37 » by VancouverRaps » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:27 pm

jg77 wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:

Tbh nobody knows nothing. The info/rules on covid get made up as the days go by. I'm in the middle ground when it comes to this stuff. I'll wear my mask and follow the protocols but it's hard not to doubt some of things I've heard such as restaurants/bars needing to be closed because of the spread but schools aren't an issue...that doesn't even make sense to me lol.

Exactly

I'm in the some boat as you. Even if I find some things questionable and don't really have a strong opinion on this either way(the "we should totally shutdown" vs "this is a hoax" debates are not for me), it's not difficult to wear a mask and socially distance, so I'll continue to do it. But man, it's weird how some things are being handled by governments around the world.
We the Champs
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,162

Post#38 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Kilroy wrote:My thing is this though... I think by all accounts, professional athletes are one of the least 'at-risk' demographics for dying from Covid... Why have them be the face of the Covid 19 vaccine? Why mandate it for that group in particular?

Because the works is full of conspiracy theory idiots (such as the plenty we’ve seen in this thread) and seeing high profile people get the vaccine assists with convincing people to also get the shot.

We had idiots oppose the Polio vaccine and Elvis got his live on television which significantly helped convince people to get it.

Humans don’t learn from history apparently, and we have a bunch of keyboard Warriors here trying to tell us the vaccine isn’t safe when we have thousands of people who have gone to school to research, test, and implement these types of things telling us it’s fine. I wonder who I should believe?

IMO the vaccine is a choice - however, if yoy don’t want it then you aren’t allowed to be a normal part of society. I don’t want to work beside someone who isn’t vaccinated. I don’t want my kids sitting next to unvaccinated kids at school.

If this vaccine doesn’t grant us heed immunity because some tin foil hats **** don’t get it because they’re reading misinformation or misinterpreting good information then I’ll be **** pissed. Selfish as ****.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,239

Post#39 » by BadWolf » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Kilroy wrote:My thing is this though... I think by all accounts, professional athletes are one of the least 'at-risk' demographics for dying from Covid... Why have them be the face of the Covid 19 vaccine? Why mandate it for that group in particular?

You could also use that argument to stop testing and play through it. Even if someone gets ill, in this particular group of people, they're very unlikely to have serious issues.

**** the coaching and support stuff, arena workers and fans especially ofcourse.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,162

Post#40 » by YogurtProducer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 pm

jg77 wrote:
NUCKER101 wrote:
Karate Diop wrote:

Your beef should be with the idiots in charge who keep changing the rules and make rules that are contradictory and don’t make sense.

You should also realize they’ve **** the dog here and that COVID should be taken seriously. Just because the government has completely **** the restrictions up didn’t mean covid isn’t serious. Like America is here questioning the rules and then doesn’t understand why they’re a **** hole right now
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023

Return to The General Board