Harden-watch 2020

Moderators: Rich Rane, NyCeEvO

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Re: Harden-watch 2020 

Post#641 » by NyCeEvO » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 pm

Paradise wrote:Yeah, I don’t see us beating Philly’s offers right now.

While I agree that Simmons would easily be the best player HOU could trade for, I’ve always had doubts about whether they would actually want him as opposed to re-routing him (or Wall) for another star who fits better.

Wall + Simmons are a great defensive duo but their spacing on offense would be terrible. I think HOU should pick one to remain on the team and see what value they could get for the other.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,853

Post#642 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 pm

MGrand15 wrote:If Ben Simmons is on the table, Houston would be dumb to take any other offer.

I said from the start, Houston going into the season with Harden was a dumb move. His stock will only go down. This isn't 25 year old Anthony Davis. It's 31 year old Harden. You wait 1 more year and he's an expiring contract on the tail end of his prime. Houston decided to be cute and ask for the world and now let's see what they get.

Seems like their plan worked though, Simmons and Maxey are exactly what they wanted, young talent with high upside.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#643 » by MGrand15 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
MGrand15 wrote:If Ben Simmons is on the table, Houston would be dumb to take any other offer.

I said from the start, Houston going into the season with Harden was a dumb move. His stock will only go down. This isn't 25 year old Anthony Davis. It's 31 year old Harden. You wait 1 more year and he's an expiring contract on the tail end of his prime. Houston decided to be cute and ask for the world and now let's see what they get.

Seems like their plan worked though, Simmons and Maxey are exactly what they wanted, young talent with high upside.

If I'm Philly, I say hell no to adding any other young talent. The most I'd add is a 1st round pick.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#644 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:01 pm

Harden wants to be traded to Nets

Read on Twitter
Paradise

Post#645 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:02 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,853

Post#646 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:07 pm

Paradise wrote:Harden wants to be traded to Nets

Read on Twitter

how long will it take for his fat ass to get into shape? :lol:
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Sharcm1
Veteran
And1: 688

Post#647 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:10 pm

Harden is 31 years old he won’t even be in the league in 7 years. We can’t get rid of 7 picks, don’t be crazy marks. I have respect for what marks has done so far. He has done an amazing job. But he has been influenced by Durant before. Shamet was a Durant pick. I hope he is not influenced to give 7 picks. Wtf
Paradise

Post#648 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:11 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

He dropped 44 & 17 assists in his first game off partying lol

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#649 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:

Read on Twitter

I think he is so skilled his body type can not be tip top and he can still dominate. i think the thing would be, how well doe she mesh with KD. its been a while since they played together and last time they did it was a different role for harden

looking at KD/Kyrie, i think it would work just fine. and he is farmiliar with D'antoni so theres that.

I dont like a hard for Kyrie + assets deal. its one thing to have Kyrie/KD/Harden and no depth but KD/Harden and no depth is a bit tougher.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#650 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:Harden is 31 years old he won’t even be in the league in 7 years. We can’t get rid of 7 picks, don’t be crazy marks. I have respect for what marks has done so far. He has done an amazing job. But he has been influenced by Durant before. Shamet was a Durant pick. I hope he is not influenced to give 7 picks. Wtf

i dont put much value in those picks. 2-3 of those are swaps that wouldnt convey. 2-3 would be mid to late 20s.

there may be 1-2 lotto or top 5 picks out of all of it.

and 1-2 lotto/top 5 picks for harden is certainly worth it for a top 5ish player
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#651 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:28 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:Harden is 31 years old he won’t even be in the league in 7 years. We can’t get rid of 7 picks, don’t be crazy marks. I have respect for what marks has done so far. He has done an amazing job. But he has been influenced by Durant before. Shamet was a Durant pick. I hope he is not influenced to give 7 picks. Wtf

Small point of order, Shamet was handpicked by Nash. Kev & Ky worked with him this offseason, but probably only because they knew we were already targeting him.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#652 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

Small point of order, Shamet was handpicked by Nash. Kev & Ky worked with him this offseason, but probably only because they knew we were already targeting him.

Shamet was an elite move. one of the best moves marks has made. will work out over time. its a lock
Sharcm1
Veteran

Post#653 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm

Prokorov wrote:

i dont put much value in those picks. 2-3 of those are swaps that wouldnt convey. 2-3 would be mid to late 20s.

and 1-2 lotto/top 5 picks for harden is certainly worth it for a top 5ish player

How did that work out in the Boston trade. Smh
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#654 » by Prokorov » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:37 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

We didnt trade for an All-NBA first team MVP in his prime in the boston trade.

We didnt add that guy to an ALL-NBA first team MVP in the boston trade.

Deron Williams is not Kevin durant

Old dinosaur versions of KG/Pierce are not Harden

awful comparison.... look at this history of 5 picks for a star trades. they usually work out and the nets case is the only that ended in disaster and it was because it wasnt for stars and we went all in with Deron who turned into a scrub overnight
haosmoove
Junior
And1: 221

Post#655 » by haosmoove » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm

Prokorov wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:

Shamet was an elite move. one of the best moves marks has made. will work out over time. its a lock

While I wouldn't call it his best move, (signing Din and Harris to value contracts probably came to mind) Shamet at the time was a good move. I agree it will more likely to work out than not. The starter for Clippers playoffs team shouldn't forget how to play basketball over the short off-season.
Paradise

Harden-watch 2020 

Post#656 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:54 pm

The dynamic of dealing all picks is different when it’s adding a perennial MVP candidate in his prime to another perennial MVP candidate who also happens to be a 2x Finals MVP in his prime. Two guys who could lead the entire NBA in scoring and play making is nothing close to Pierce and KG.

Harden and KD through 2023 is the best duo in the East and best duo to ever play New York basketball. Easily.

I can’t say no to that as a fan and straight up being realistic about trying to win multiple championships.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#657 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:58 pm

I definitely don't like 7 picks stuff but if you have Kyrie Harden and KD, we talking dynasty here. There are bunch of Jeff Greens out there. Just look at Lakers of Last year. LeBron AD and bunch of trash.
Sharcm1
Veteran

Post#658 » by Sharcm1 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

awful comparison.... look at this history of 5 picks for a star trades. they usually work out and the nets case is the only that ended in disaster and it was because it wasnt for stars and we went all in with Deron who turned into a scrub overnight

Doesn’t matter. We won’t have a future. No way to get it back after something like that. Want happens if Irving doesn’t come back and Durant gets injured again. And we traded our future. Not to mention they will also have thrown in players with those 7 picks. Good bye Allen. Goodbye Caris. Good bye who ever else plus 7 picks. Trade 3 picks. Or 4 picks max. Not 7. Not more years than the player will even play. He could walk in two years. Dumbest thing ever. 7 picks
Paradise

Post#659 » by Paradise » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:04 pm

Sharcm1 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Sharcm1 wrote:

Doesn’t matter. We won’t have a future. No way to get it back after something like that. Want happens if Irving doesn’t come back and Durant gets injured again. And we traded our future. Not to mention they will also have thrown in players with those 7 picks. Good bye Allen. Goodbye Caris. Good bye who ever else plus 7 picks. Trade 3 picks. Or 4 picks max. Not 7. Not more years than the player will even play. He could walk in two years. Dumbest thing ever. 7 picks

Why would both walk if we are a Finals contender for 3 straight seasons?

I get the fear of the picks involved but if this is an overpay to keep Kyrie (regardless of right now) and we are looking at a Kyrie-Harden-KD trio. That is absolutely worth it.

We aren’t giving up any high picks or anything of value until 2024 at the earliest. I could be totally wrong but I don’t see any of these picks mattering until 2024-2027. Also, no proof whatsoever Marks is remotely desperate enough to offer unprotected firsts WITH pick swaps. Big difference to Billy King’s dumbass.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#660 » by GTR11 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:08 pm

:lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Brooklyn Nets