Image ImageImage Image

Lets talk Zach Lavine

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

What to do with Zach Lavine?

Keep him, he’s part of the core.
67%
Trade him, Williams is the only one who Bulls should keep.
33%

Total votes: 262

Lunartic
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,283

Re: Zach Lavine-trade him now or part of the future? Voting is nearly 50/50. What would you do? 

Post#401 » by Lunartic » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:36 pm

He's a young, elite scoring athletic marvel with seemingly a good attitude and wants to improve. No stars want to come to the Bulls in FA and they don't have the assets to trade for a star so of course you pay Zach.

Every real team needs someone that can drop 30+ nightly, the Bull's next best scorer would be Otto? Coby? That's a dumpster fire.
Jimako10
Analyst
And1: 1,586

Re: Zach Lavine-trade him now or part of the future? Voting is nearly 50/50. What would you do? 

Post#402 » by Jimako10 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:39 pm

MisterRoy wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
gardenofsound wrote:

See, that's where my head is at. If we trade him to a contender, the picks we get are not going to replace Zach. The gamble is too great that they might suck in 3 years or 4 years for the pick to be higher in the lottery so we might get someone good. Might. Plus, we will suck for so long and not be fun to watch.

We know what we have in Zach. He makes our team better and has shown improvement so we know he is getting better. I don't think it wise to trade a sure thing for a gamble.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.

Good point. Maybe the real move is to trade him to a fringe playoff team that wants to take the next step and gamble on Zach. With Zach's history of being a bad statistical on/off court player, it's possible he could tank that team and give the bulls a couple lottery picks. Or he may actually be a missing piece and propel that team, but at least that would be a better gamble then trading him to a contender. Orlando sticks out for me as that team.
The Force.
Head Coach
And1: 2,112

Post#403 » by The Force. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:04 pm

I think one trade worth considering would be Zach, Thad, and Felicio for Klay, Wiseman, Minny's 2021 frp and Warriors' 2022 frp.

Take a flyer on Klay while assuring an excellent tank this year. Also, Wiseman gives us another center option with tremendous upside.

Meanwhile Warriors get a running mate with Steph and can go back to competing right away. Thad would also be an excellent fit in that system.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,779

Post#404 » by gardenofsound » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:26 pm

The Force. wrote:I think one trade worth considering would be Zach, Thad, and Felicio for Klay, Wiseman, Minny's 2021 frp and Warriors' 2022 frp.

Take a flyer on Klay while assuring an excellent tank this year. Also, Wiseman gives us another center option with tremendous upside.

Meanwhile Warriors get a running mate with Steph and can go back to competing right away. Thad would also be an excellent fit in that system.

I think GSW hangs up.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#405 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:24 pm

keep no doubt. value contract.
better scorer than mvp rose.
bulls best scorer since jordan?
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#406 » by sco » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:40 pm

I am a big believer in signing FA's who show year-over-year improvement for several years. I am a HUGE believer in signing FA's who continue to do that their rookie deal. That's why I don't want to lose Zach. I think if we can improve our PG and C play through either big strides from our kids or replacement, coupled with replacing Lauri, we'll be in a situation where we'll be glad we kept Zach.
:clap:
The Force.
Head Coach

Post#407 » by The Force. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:04 pm

Depends on how much faith they have in Klay recovering. If they feel he can get back to 80% then yes, they might hang up. If it's more like 50-60%, I think they have to at least consider it.

Remember, this is a 30 year old player coming off a torn ACL and achilles back to back. It's very likely that he comes back looking more like Kyle Korner than Klay Thompson.

erasmusmrr
Sophomore
And1: 26

Post#408 » by erasmusmrr » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:13 pm

I would do that even without Klay if I'm the Bulls. Or take Wiggins if they wanted us to. Wiseman, Minny 1st and 22 GS 1st. Sounds good.
TheSuzerain
RealGM
And1: 10,838

Post#409 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah, we've got to trade him. I think the hope is that Harden to Philly starts an arms race. And then we can flip Lavine somewhere for great value.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#410 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:05 pm

The Force. wrote:I think one trade worth considering would be Zach, Thad, and Felicio for Klay, Wiseman, Minny's 2021 frp and Warriors' 2022 frp.

I think this is close, but we're simply not going to get this much value.

More like:

Lavine
Sato or Thad (I think they'd prefer Sato)

for

Wiggins bad contract
'21 or '22 MN 1st
'21 GS 1st
'26 GS 1st
Some random 2nd rounder
R3AL1TY
General Manager
And1: 2,314

Post#411 » by R3AL1TY » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:37 pm

I'm on the fence with this one. I'm for both trading or keeping him if either the deal or the trade make sense.
The Force.
Head Coach

Post#412 » by The Force. » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:58 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:

More like:

Lavine

for

Wiggins bad contract
'21 or '22 MN 1st
'21 GS 1st
'26 GS 1st
Some random 2nd rounder
I wouldn't do the trade without Wiseman. The only good pick is Minnesota's and its top 3 protected in 2021 (unprotected in 2022). Wiggins, Wiseman, and Minny's frp should get it done.

mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Post#413 » by mtron32 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 pm

TheSuzerain wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah, we've got to trade him. I think the hope is that Harden to Philly starts an arms race. And then we can flip Lavine somewhere for great value.

Where did this BS come from?
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,779

Post#414 » by gardenofsound » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:12 pm

mtron32 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2021/1/11/22224978/bulls-trade-zach-lavine-or-ride-road-mediocrity

“According to a source, LaVine is not only looking for All-Star respect but financial respect,” wrote Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times. “The sides could’ve agreed on a team-friendly three-year, $76 million deal before the season started but moved on from it.”

First off, going into the season, if that was really the offer, then I'm very surprised that the Bulls didn't jump on it. Maybe it was before Giannis and AD signed their extension and the Bulls didn't want to deal with the cap, but I would think Zach would have been trade-able on a $25.3mm/year deal.

Something about this whole thing doesn't smell right.
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,223

Post#415 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:14 pm

3 yr/76 million sounds great. Sign me up for that.
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
dpucane
Sophomore
And1: 42

Post#416 » by dpucane » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:17 pm

The Force. wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:

More like:

Lavine

for

Wiggins bad contract
'21 or '22 MN 1st
'21 GS 1st
'26 GS 1st
Some random 2nd rounder
I wouldn't do the trade without Wiseman. The only good pick is Minnesota's and its top 3 protected in 2021 (unprotected in 2022). Wiggins, Wiseman, and Minny's frp should get it done.

Heres a more extreme version of this trade i proposed:

Warriors get:

Lavine
Otto
Thad
Sato
Gafford

Bulls get:

Wiggins
Oubre
Biyombo
Looney
'21 MN 1st
'21 CHA 1st

Hornets get:

Wiseman

Not sure if the Bulls have to give up that much but if it's towards the deadline im fine with giving up whatever is needed.

I dont want Wiseman and I love the idea of AKME getting potentially 3 top 10 picks in this draft to build with.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using RealGM mobile app
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#417 » by gobullschi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:22 pm

gardenofsound wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

https://chicago.suntimes.com/bulls/2021/1/11/22224978/bulls-trade-zach-lavine-or-ride-road-mediocrity

“According to a source, LaVine is not only looking for All-Star respect but financial respect,” wrote Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times. “The sides could’ve agreed on a team-friendly three-year, $76 million deal before the season started but moved on from it.”

First off, going into the season, if that was really the offer, then I'm very surprised that the Bulls didn't jump on it. Maybe it was before Giannis and AD signed their extension and the Bulls didn't want to deal with the cap, but I would think Zach would have been trade-able on a $25.3mm/year deal.

If this is true then I lost a lot of respect for AK. He should do everything he can to extend LaVine for as long as possible. Especially for 25M.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,899

Post#418 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:23 pm

Sounds like teams tossing things out there to pry lavine from us.

It makes no sense from a business standpoint to give lavine a deal now. We can have him on board and 2 max level type money this off season. Clear the decks build something with coby pwill and lavine on board and then after we lock in the roster then give lavine a good deal after that. At worst his agent is trying to lock in a deal to secure his client but any reasonable player would know you can't get a deal right now. We have a golden opportunity to be really good next season. A lavine deal can mess that up.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#419 » by Leslie Forman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 pm

moorhosj wrote:
Leslie Forman wrote:Exactly what is he doing that someone like Kevin Martin didn't?

Zach has higher per 36 rates in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks than Kevin Martin ever had in his entire career.

Zach is absolutely not gonna keep up that 2pt percentage. And Martin was doing this on a much better team, actually putting up positive on/off impact numbers.

Anybody who wants to give this guy $40million a year is absolutely insane.
TheSuzerain
RealGM

Post#420 » by TheSuzerain » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:46 pm

gardenofsound wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I don't interpret that as Zach being on board for that extension.

That amount is simply the max extension that the Bulls are able to offer Zach given his current contract.

Zach was always destined for free agency.

Return to Chicago Bulls