Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Re: Around the NBA News and Notes 

Post#61 » by VCfor3 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 11:58 pm

SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
Kennard made available for trade by the Pistons surprises me. I would've thought that by tearing down the roster that he, Sekou Doumbouya, and Christian Wood would be the start of the rebuilding nucleus for the future Pistons. I'm sure that Pistons fans are not please by the FO's decision. At least for now.

AG to Minnesota is an interesting one. RoCo is in the middle of this rumor. Thing is I'm wondering what type of deal can be struck between these two teams. Salary wise, Crabbe and rookie Jaylen Nowell would match. However, I severely doubt that's who the Magic are seeking from Minnesota.

DSJ value is very low due to the year the Knicks are having. I do have him going to Minnesota or Detroit as they do need a change at the PG position and DJS needs a major change of scenery from the Knicks.

As for Bogi to the Lakers, that's never going to happen. Sacramento will need to get off Bogi's contract due to his RFA status. The problem for them is to find a new team for Bogi who's willing to take a chance on his status and hope he's can be retain in the off-season.

AG to MIN would probably have to be a 3-team trade to happen. I'm not sure what that would ultimately look like though.

I can see a potential three way if an AG to Minnesota is to happen. My thing is with what assets they have that could be appealing to another team? Wiggins? Okogie? I doubt they will be moving Culver right now.

For the Wolves, I'm questioning the fit and how does the move help KAT?

If the Wolves fail to acquire a player with skills and alpha male tendencies to supplant KAT as the number 1 option for the team, The Wolves need to plan to move KAT within a couple of years.

I wonder if OKC moving Gallinari would interest Orlando. OKC gets rebuilding pieces, Orlando gets Gallinari, and MIN gets Gordon. You'd have to balance things out but that would be the core of the trade. Then MIN could move Gordon+Covington for DeAngelo Russell. Curry/Klay/Covington/Gordon/Green with a top 4 pick, Pascall, and a couple other depth pieces would be crazy.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#62 » by SD2042 » Mon Feb 3, 2020 2:44 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
AG to MIN would probably have to be a 3-team trade to happen. I'm not sure what that would ultimately look like though.

I can see a potential three way if an AG to Minnesota is to happen. My thing is with what assets they have that could be appealing to another team? Wiggins? Okogie? I doubt they will be moving Culver right now.

For the Wolves, I'm questioning the fit and how does the move help KAT?

If the Wolves fail to acquire a player with skills and alpha male tendencies to supplant KAT as the number 1 option for the team, The Wolves need to plan to move KAT within a couple of years.

I wonder if OKC moving Gallinari would interest Orlando. OKC gets rebuilding pieces, Orlando gets Gallinari, and MIN gets Gordon. You'd have to balance things out but that would be the core of the trade. Then MIN could move Gordon+Covington for DeAngelo Russell. Curry/Klay/Covington/Gordon/Green with a top 4 pick, Pascall, and a couple other depth pieces would be crazy.

That was a thought that I was thinking about earlier in January. Gallo would give the Magic a boost shot on offense. The Magic are in the basement when it comes to offensive ranks. With the injuries happening to Issac this season and the Magic struggling on offense this season, they need to make some moves around the offense.

A simple swap of AG for Gallo and a future 1st 2022 may suffice I suppose.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#63 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Just to knock the dust off the thread.

What is some of the takes on the situations of James Harden, Kyrie Irving and the effects that COVID-19 has on the NBA to this point?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#64 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:59 pm

SD2042 wrote:Just to knock the dust off the thread.

What is some of the takes on the situations of James Harden, Kyrie Irving and the effects that COVID-19 has on the NBA to this point?

Harden is a good player who I think can be better in the playoffs than others give him credit for, but man am I glad we aren't in on that sweepstakes right now. He seems like a pretty bad teammate and will likely cause headaches for whoever gets him. Worth it if you get a championship, but woof it may be a bumpy ride.

Kyrie stuff is kinda weird but so is Kyrie. I've seen a lot of speculation that he should retire and focus on community activism since that seems to be where his passion is. I'm interested to see what ends up being the personal reason he is missing so much time for.

COVID is a mess that has no great solution. Even if the NBA halts the season for two weeks, players can catch the virus from going to the store, people they live with, and anyone else they interact with outside the NBA court. Most of the positive NBA players seem to have gotten it from non-NBA people. Shutting things down if too many players are out is fine, but I think that most of the issues is stuff the NBA can't control.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#65 » by VCfor3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm

VCfor3 wrote:

Harden is a good player who I think can be better in the playoffs than others give him credit for, but man am I glad we aren't in on that sweepstakes right now. He seems like a pretty bad teammate and will likely cause headaches for whoever gets him. Worth it if you get a championship, but woof it may be a bumpy ride.

Kyrie stuff is kinda weird but so is Kyrie. I've seen a lot of speculation that he should retire and focus on community activism since that seems to be where his passion is. I'm interested to see what ends up being the personal reason he is missing so much time for.

COVID is a mess that has no great solution. Even if the NBA halts the season for two weeks, players can catch the virus from going to the store, people they live with, and anyone else they interact with outside the NBA court. Most of the positive NBA players seem to have gotten it from non-NBA people. Shutting things down if too many players are out is fine, but I think that most of the issues is stuff the NBA can't control.

Harden to the Nets
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#66 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm

VCfor3 wrote:

Just mentioned James Harden's name and he's instantly traded to Brooklyn. Go figure.

Now that BKLYN has him. They need to figure out Kyrie and his situation. My thoughts is that he has some forms of personality disturbances for some of the things he continues to do. He's a puzzle to figure out.

To COVID-19, it's going to be a mess for a while. It's going to be non-avoidable in terms of close contact. So I expect the game cancellations to continue this season.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#67 » by VCfor3 » Wed Aug 4, 2021 3:49 am

Whole Truth wrote:I like tacos.

Can't help but feel JV is going to catch a ton of undue flak this next season with the Pelicans. JV, an offensive center, may be the best defensive player on the court for them. Zion also may slightly hinder what JV is best at though I fully expect JV to find a way to make the pairing work well. Point-Zion and JV will be soo much fun if they actually run it some. I low key would love to take this year to kinda develop guys and then potentially bring JV back next offseason if he is willing to take the reduced role. Adams can be moved or simply be expensive injury insurance for a year.
Gavin_TDThree
Senior
And1: 573

Post#68 » by Gavin_TDThree » Tue Sep 7, 2021 4:12 pm

What are you all expecting out of Ja Morant this year?

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#69 » by VCfor3 » Tue Sep 7, 2021 8:54 pm

Gavin_TDThree wrote:What are you all expecting out of Ja Morant this year?

Hoping he continues to keep making progress as the engine of the offense. He showed up during the play in and playoffs, but needs to do the same in the regular season more. There were a lot of times JV carried the offense for him and he won't have that safety net this year. Also hoping he gets his 3pt shot a bit more consistent this year given how many people went under on him last year.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,355

Post#70 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jan 7, 2022 10:11 pm

Read on Twitter
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#71 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:56 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/265384/Pistons-To-Acquire-Bol-Bol-From-Nuggets-For-Rodney-McGruder

Now that the legend known as Bol Bol has been moved from Denver to Detroit today in exchange for Rodney McGruder and a pick, will Bol Bol will take advantage of his new opportunity to show what he can do or will he fizzle his way out of the league at season's end?
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#72 » by SD2042 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:11 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

They have been on a great run in the last month and change. Sure in some of those matches some of those players have been either injured or in protocols. The best thing here is that they have been taking advantage of these wins to build on their record and their cred at the same time.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies