ImageImageImageImageImage

Tank World Order

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Psubs
RealGM
And1: 10,623

Re: Tank World Order 

Post#801 » by Psubs » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:58 pm

Kreamy wrote:Jalen Johnson is back for Duke. He has a chance to enter the top 3 discussion.

It will take him a couple of games to get back into form. Before the injury he was coming back down to Earth already. Who knows if he can get back to the very start of the season. I would say he has no change being a top 3 selection. Cracking the top 10 would be good for him. Him and Greg Brown and Scottie Barnes would be in the 6-10 conversation for forwards.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,648

Post#802 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:22 pm

Read on Twitter

I think Mobley is my #2 behind Cade.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#803 » by Inevitable » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:40 pm

I’m convinced this top of the lotto is so deep even if we don’t get the first pick Bobby Webster and Tolzman can find a future superstar.
Karanpal
Sophomore
And1: 112

Post#804 » by Karanpal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:48 pm

I love cade but his lack of ability to beat his man off the dribble is a concern. With the lack of burst I'm hoping his ability to okay angles improves which I think it will with more space in the nba. But his shot has looked really good so far which I had concerns about.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant

Post#805 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:50 pm

Karanpal wrote:I love cade but his lack of ability to beat his man off the dribble is a concern. With the lack of burst I'm hoping his ability to okay angles improves which I think it will with more space in the nba. But his shot has looked really good so far which I had concerns about.

It's not ideal, but I think if you're crafty/skilled and you have that shot you will be fine. He has the size too.
alienchild wrote:Again, I hope the basketball gods give us the 14th pick in the draft. I hope OG asks for a trade, Birch signs elsewhere and GTJ signs an offer sheet and Raptors don't match. Frankly Masai is dead to me.
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#806 » by tdotrep2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:05 pm

jalen green is a more athletic bradley beal, think about it
RealGM
And1: 66,480

Post#807 » by 720 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:12 pm

This highlight from earlier in the year shows more of what Cade looks like when he's aggressive. In college they're making him do a lot of off ball action. Moving without the ball seems to be their focus at OSU. Also shows more of his excellent post game for a guard.

Marty_Budda
Sixth Man
And1: 2,801

Post#808 » by Marty_Budda » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:16 pm

720 wrote:This highlight from earlier in the year shows more of what Cade looks like when he's aggressive. In college they're making him do a lot of off ball action. Moving without the ball seems to be their focus at OSU. Also shows more of his excellent post game for a guard.

Man you’re really in love with this guy lol. You’re making him sound like he’s the next lebron.
RealGM

Post#809 » by 720 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:19 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:
720 wrote:This highlight from earlier in the year shows more of what Cade looks like when he's aggressive. In college they're making him do a lot of off ball action. Moving without the ball seems to be their focus at OSU. Also shows more of his excellent post game for a guard.

Man you’re really in love with this guy lol. You’re making him sound like he’s the next lebron.

I love Jalen Green's game too. But I already know a lot about his skills because he had an amazing high school career, he's probably the most hype player this draft class. Earlier when we first started losing I posted stuff about Green. But Cade kept having good games in college. So I'm just looking up more about the guy that's currently projected to go number 1. Can't lie I'm also tired of our short ass back court and having a 6 foot 8 point guard that can do everything is tempting.

I am fine with any one of Cade, Green, Kuminga and Mobley.
Marty_Budda
Sixth Man

Post#810 » by Marty_Budda » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:30 pm

720 wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:

I love Jalen Green's game too. But I already know a lot about his skills because he had an amazing high school career, he's probably the most hype player this draft class. Earlier when we first started losing I posted stuff about Green. But Cade kept having good games in college. So I'm just looking up more about the guy that's currently projected to go number 1. Can't lie I'm also tired of our short ass back court and having a 6 foot 8 point guard that can do everything is tempting.

Yeah I feel ya. He’d be my number one pick too. He’s got the highest ceiling out of anybody and possibly the highest floor too. There’s obviously some areas he’d need to improve in to be a star at the next level tho.
RealGM

Post#811 » by 720 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:34 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:
720 wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:

Yeah I feel ya. He’d be my number one pick too. He’s got the highest ceiling out of anybody and possibly the highest floor too. There’s obviously some areas he’d need to improve in to be a star at the next level tho.

Cade imo has the lowest floor of any of the big guards in the top 5. Green has the highest ceiling. He's so athletic none of these guys can do some of the things he can.

Marty_Budda
Sixth Man

Post#812 » by Marty_Budda » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 pm

720 wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:
720 wrote:I love Jalen Green's game too. But I already know a lot about his skills because he had an amazing high school career, he's probably the most hype player this draft class. Earlier when we first started losing I posted stuff about Green. But Cade kept having good games in college. So I'm just looking up more about the guy that's currently projected to go number 1. Can't lie I'm also tired of our short ass back court and having a 6 foot 8 point guard that can do everything is tempting.

Cade imo has the lowest floor of any of the big guards in the top 5. Green has the highest ceiling. He's so athletic none of these guys can do some of the things he can.

Offensively green has the highest ceiling but as an all around basketball player. Defense, scoring, facilitating etc I think it’s Cade.

Obviously any of the top 5 guys would be amazing.
RealGM

Post#813 » by 720 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:39 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:
720 wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:

Offensively green has the highest ceiling but as an all around basketball player. Defense, scoring, facilitating etc I think it’s Cade.

Yeah, Green needs to be a better passer he has acknowledged that himself. He also won't be as good as Cade on defense. His wingspan is meh and he's 6 foot 5 so good height but average for the league at his position.

His offense can be scary good though.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,577

Post#814 » by Syd-TK3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:48 pm

Marty_Budda wrote:
720 wrote:
Marty_Budda wrote:

Yea this is the same thing I said too. If you looking for a potentially elite go to scoring superstar then Green is that guy. Cade's IQ and versatility won't allow him to be anything below a good player though.

I'd throw Kuminga in the convo for highest overall ceiling with Kawhi type potential but obviously a big if
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,434

Post#815 » by Morse Code » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:16 pm

Well, with Harden going to Brooklyn, our chances (what little they were) of competing for a finals appearance are virtually gone for the foreseeable future. Rev up the tank Bobby.
Pooh_Jeter
Lead Assistant

Post#816 » by Pooh_Jeter » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:24 pm

I don't know if this makes Oladipo hitting FA less likely (I would think so), but it definitely takes Jarrett Allen off the market.

TWO full steam ahead. Don't believe in these one year retools.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#817 » by Geddy » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 pm

Shame Pascal tanked his value so badly, and no one really looks like they would want to take on Lowry's expiring
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,279

Post#818 » by ruckus » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:29 pm

Yuck. I'm not happy about it but at this point, the best way forward is the tank. This Cade guy better be worth it. Doncic-lite doesn't really enthuse me.
h4rrison
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,102

Post#819 » by h4rrison » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:38 pm

With the Nets so stacked now. There is zero incentive to win games this season. Not at home. No ticket sales. THE TANK MUST GO ON!

Trade Lowry/Norm for picks, prospects, capspace!
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#820 » by Raps in 4 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:40 pm

Time to rev up the tank. Trade Kyle to Philly and go all in. Nobody is competing with Brooklyn in the East for the 2-3 years. We can gain some ground on Boston, Philly, and Milwaukee as they treadmill the next few years.

Return to Toronto Raptors