2020-21 Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#241 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:35 am

Seeing good performances by a lot of young players around the leagues around the league is somewhat disheartening. Granted, most of these other guys were picked higher than our players and expected to do better. I think Dort and Bazley are both potentially really solid players but it would be fun to have a guy have a performance like Maxey had last night or draft a more nba ready player like Haliburton. Maybe Bazley becomes that guy.

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,072

Post#242 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:36 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Seeing good performances by a lot of young players around the leagues around the league is somewhat disheartening. Granted, most of these other guys were picked higher than our players and expected to do better. I think Dort and Bazley are both potentially really solid players but it would be fun to have a guy have a performance like Maxey had last night or draft a more nba ready player like Haliburton. Maybe Bazley becomes that guy.

Read on Twitter

Not really...been a while without lottery pick or something good so can't complain. That transition season last year just made things really slow right now but since it allowed us to get more value from the players we traded (and the draft was weak) I guess it was worth it.

Next season should be fun if we don't get unlucky or draft like ****
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#243 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:52 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Seeing good performances by a lot of young players around the leagues around the league is somewhat disheartening. Granted, most of these other guys were picked higher than our players and expected to do better. I think Dort and Bazley are both potentially really solid players but it would be fun to have a guy have a performance like Maxey had last night or draft a more nba ready player like Haliburton. Maybe Bazley becomes that guy.

Read on Twitter

Not really...been a while without lottery pick or something good so can't complain. That transition season last year just made things really slow right now but since it allowed us to get more value from the players we traded (and the draft was weak) I guess it was worth it.

Would you rather have Poku than maxey right now? Or maybe both? Maxey was picked with our pick. They way horford looks, we should have gotten maxey in the deal too. It’s not a huge deal. It would just be fun to see one of our young guys go off like that.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#244 » by Dadouv47 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:09 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Would you rather have Poku than maxey right now? Or maybe both? Maxey was picked with our pick. They way horford looks, we should have gotten maxey in the deal too. It’s not a huge deal. It would just be fun to see one of our young guys go off like that.

Well I was the first to say that I didn't like drafting Poku. I was wrong about Horford though. Would have been nice to draft Maxey but not sure you can blame Presti for that (it's not like many GMs wanted Maxey).

The issue is that we drafted a young guy that has 80-90% of being a bust, and that's on Presti. He got lucky Theo wasn't drafted before the 34th pick or this would have been a disaster draft for us. So yeah in the end it's frustrating to trade two FRP's for Poku...
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#245 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:36 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Well I was the first to say that I didn't like drafting Poku. I was wrong about Horford though. Would have been nice to draft Maxey but not sure you can blame Presti for that (it's not like many GMs wanted Maxey).

The issue is that we drafted a young guy that has 80-90% of being a bust, and that's on Presti. He got lucky Theo wasn't drafted before the 34th pick or this would have been a disaster draft for us. So yeah in the end it's frustrating to trade two FRP's for Poku...

For me, it’s not even about that. Maledon, Dort and Bazley all look like they could be rotation players. That’s good and maybe even great considering where they were drafted. Who knows about Poku yet? I’m not faulting anything. Just being jealous, I guess.
thedoppelganger
Senior
And1: 499

Post#246 » by thedoppelganger » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:26 pm

Doesn't seem like players, or stars at least, are too worried about punishment from the league on breaking protocol. Interested to see if Silver's response is any different from Harden's situation during training camp
Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#247 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:33 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:Doesn't seem like players, or stars at least, are too worried about punishment from the league on breaking protocol. Interested to see if Silver's response is any different from Harden's situation during training camp
Read on Twitter

One more reason I’m ok with giving shai a max. He’s not a headcase and he loves the game.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#248 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:33 pm

Read on Twitter
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#249 » by jake_swivel » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:45 pm

I think the Celtics would be crazy to give up jalen for harden at this point. Brooklyn’s role player package took a hit when Dinwiddie went down.

Why would philly give up any more than Simmons at this point? If I’m Morey, I wouldn’t add any secondary assets at all now. A team with Simmons and wall has to be god awful, right? No spacing at all. I bet Simmons would end up forcing his way out within a couple years.

Houston is screwed. Just think how much more screwed they’d have been if they hadn’t have gotten crazy lucky with Christian wood.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#250 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:20 pm

jake_swivel wrote:I think the Celtics would be crazy to give up jalen for harden at this point. Brooklyn’s role player package took a hit when Dinwiddie went down.

Why would philly give up any more than Simmons at this point? If I’m Morey, I wouldn’t add any secondary assets at all now. A team with Simmons and wall has to be god awful, right? No spacing at all. I bet Simmons would end up forcing his way out within a couple years.

Houston is screwed. Just think how much more screwed they’d have been if they hadn’t have gotten crazy lucky with Christian wood.

Simmons took two shots last night. It seems like Simmons and Harden are both pouting a bit.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#251 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#252 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:15 pm

Read on Twitter

That's a horrible haul in terms of player value if that's it for the Rockets
Read on Twitter
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#253 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:17 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Read on Twitter

That's a horrible haul in terms of player value if that's it for the Rockets

Give Presti a raise.
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#254 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Ok I'm confused now
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#255 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:24 pm

Well...if they are giving the max to Oladipo next season that's not that bad for us. But for our pick swap this is beyond terrible
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#256 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Read on Twitter
thedoppelganger
Senior

Post#257 » by thedoppelganger » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:28 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Well...if they are giving the max to Oladipo next season that's not that bad for us. But for our pick swap this is beyond terrible

Do you think this makes them a playoff team? Don't think it damages the swap any more than them getting Simmons + Thybulle/Maxey would have
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#258 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:31 pm

thedoppelganger wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:Well...if they are giving the max to Oladipo next season that's not that bad for us. But for our pick swap this is beyond terrible

Do you think this makes them a playoff team? Don't think it damages the swap any more than them getting Simmons + Thybulle/Maxey would have

We should be ok actually.

Trading Levert for Oladipo straight up is crazy.

if the 3 of Oladipo, Wall and Cousins are healthy during all season, this is crazy.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#259 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 pm

What an odd trade. I'm not sure what to think but I'm not really too worried about it from our standpoint.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#260 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:41 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:What an odd trade. I'm not sure what to think but I'm not really too worried about it from our standpoint.

My main issue is that Brooklyn got the 3 players I hate the most in the NBA and I will have to root for them not to suck in regular season...

Houston still got a lot. Don't like Levert / Oladipo trade though

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder