MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Re: 2020-21 NBA Season Discussion 

Post#561 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:10 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

I would prefer this over a picks package from Brooklyn, if I'm Houston. And it creates a scarier team than the Nets big 3 as well.

Doc and Harden on the same team? That much bad playoff mojo all in one place might produce the first blown 3-0 lead in NBA history. :o
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager
And1: 4,856

Post#562 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:12 pm

I’d add that inefficient high volume scoring gets overrated and there’s an element of how you score that does matter, in general if someone can score at high efficiency then they’re gonna have great offensive impact, if there’s something going wrong you can usually make an adjustment to fix that I’d assume.

When ur a volume scorer that becomes a black hole and can’t adjust it’s a problem, but when ur as absurdly efficient as Durant ur chilling as long as adjustments don’t smack you. I mean a guy like giannis prolly gets undue hate because his coach is playoff cheeks but even if it’s a two way thing RS giannis was pretty easily one of the best RS ever, and obv my fav player is his rival lol
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

^^^^ posted January 8 2023 :banghead: :banghead:
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,575

Post#563 » by Peregrine01 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:26 pm

Harden is probably the one person most responsible for Houston's roster as constructed currently. That he is going to brinksmanship tactics now to get himself traded from the situation that he created seems deeply unjust.

If I were Rockets FO, I would trade him to a team with a huge number of picks (ala OKC). There's a danger to setting this kind of superstar-enabling precedent.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#564 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:38 pm

Peregrine01 wrote:Harden is probably the one person most responsible for Houston's roster as constructed currently. That he is going to brinksmanship tactics now to get himself traded from the situation that he created seems deeply unjust.

If I were Rockets FO, I would trade him to a team with a huge number of picks (ala OKC). There's a danger to setting this kind of superstar-enabling precedent.

Whether it's OKC or someone else, this does feel like a situation where a mystery team swoops in with an offer at the last minute and gets Harden - kind of like how OKC got Paul George.

If the Rockets really wanted what the Nets or Sixers could give them, either of those trades would have been done ages ago and they would have avoided all the current drama.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,230

Post#565 » by freethedevil » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:52 pm

MyUniBroDavis wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
StepBackCrack wrote:
Utter nonsense. Your agenda against KD is obvious here. Can't take this seriously. He has been great for the Nets so far.

So great:
This is what the mov has been for the nets with just KD:

a 6 point win over the nuggets.
a 13 point loss to the thunder
a 18 point loss to the hawks.
a 2 point loss to the hornets

In the situtation you're tring to give KD credit for "without kyrie or levert", the nets haven't even been a [b[negative srs team[/b]

Nah, your agenda for KD here is obvious. I think you just hate that its fairly obvious all these excuses you're making for durant like "not having enough defensive pieces" would go way if you replaced him with an --actual-- MVP like giannis. The nets have been awful without Kyrie. they were not awful last year without kyrie. They were actually pretty good. If KD' is worthy of an MVP how are the nets so awful when he doesn' thave his point guard outsocring and outassisting him?

I’d say Durant isn’t getting to the rim as much, and idk if that’s by him taking it easy or by his post injury stuff
He isn't? From what I've seen KD's been driving alot though I haven't tracked it hard or anything. i'm mostly seeing he's been a tissue defensively, haven't tracked creation, but i dont see him making much.
I haven’t watched closely enough but I’d assume his defense sucks now at least until playoff time

I’d say the nets have been a strong offensive team though, and KD has something to do with that for sure, even if the defenses they’ve faced have been pretty trash.
How strong have they been withotu kyrie?
I’m pretty sure giannis on off was better than lebrons last year, and I wouldn’t expect KDs on off to be BBC easy because the team has shown they can function without him, it’s not gonna be a +talent situation cuz there’s overlap

Eh...IIRC Lebrons on/off was much higher and people like scrab and homecourtloss were using that to try and argue that giannis wasn't clearly the mvp last year.
I do agree that their record atm isn’t good enough for him to be in the mvp race, otoh, should be noted the team lost those games with him off the floor those games if that makes sense, and they are definitely a better team than the warriors even with a worse record
Didn't the nets get deeper? How? They've basically traded levert for durant right?

On AD, I’d agree last 5-6 games ADs been great but first 5 he was prolly one of the worst defenders in the team, but they’re hardly trying right now, and they’re doing an indiscriminate aggressive pick and roll coverage that requires more communication and awareness from all 5 players than last year where they dropped mostly, although them already being a top level defense even with weak offenses faced is a pretty good sign[
Fair enough

My favorite player is his rival. Assuming a nets dyansty isn't on the table, we really need a lebron-giannis final. Could essentially be lebron vs jordan in reverse. Maybe Lberon vs Jordan 2.0 if he puts everythign together in the playoffs :P
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#566 » by freethedevil » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:53 pm

Peregrine01 wrote:Harden is probably the one person most responsible for Houston's roster as constructed currently. That he is going to brinksmanship tactics now to get himself traded from the situation that he created seems deeply unjust.

why the hell would okc give houston their picks?
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant

Post#567 » by Peregrine01 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:00 pm

freethedevil wrote:

why the hell would okc give houston their picks?

Lol good question. I don't think OKC would be interested but following what OKC did with Paul George.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#568 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:25 pm

Well, never mind about that mystery team. This Nets squad is going to be the modern version of Doug Moe's Nuggets at this rate. No defense being played and final scores that look like an All-Star Game every night.
MO12msu
Bench Warmer
And1: 655

Post#569 » by MO12msu » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:29 pm

Lol not sure I’ve disliked a top 3 ever as much as I will this Nets’ team. With regards to personalities of course.

Think the cavs got a steal with Allen while Drummond is expiring this summer.
freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#570 » by freethedevil » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:35 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Well, never mind about that mystery team. This Nets squad is going to be the modern version of Doug Moe's Nuggets at this rate. No defense being played and final scores that look like an All-Star Game every night.

would the sixers take kyrie for simmons?
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,691

Post#571 » by eminence » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:39 pm

Seems like a steal for Cleveland, Nets go all in, Rockets get picks (though not very good ones), Pacers switch out an expiring for a locked up guy.

Like it most for Cavs/Nets probably.

We'll see how quickly Harden rounds back into form, how much of it was simply effort?
I bought a boat.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#572 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:51 pm

Gonna be hard to say goodbye to Jarrett Allen. One of my favorite players on the team, maybe my favorite. Is on the cusp of really breaking out as an All-Star C, and is only 22.

The Nets defense is a concern, to put it lightly.
Peregrine01
Lead Assistant

Post#573 » by Peregrine01 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:57 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Gonna be hard to say goodbye to Jarrett Allen. One of my favorite players on the team, maybe my favorite. Is on the cusp of really breaking out as an All-Star C, and is only 22.

Think they trade Kyrie once he comes back to Earth?
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#574 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:58 pm

freethedevil wrote:
MyUniBroDavis wrote:
freethedevil wrote:So great:

Nah, your agenda for KD here is obvious. I think you just hate that its fairly obvious all these excuses you're making for durant like "not having enough defensive pieces" would go way if you replaced him with an --actual-- MVP like giannis. The nets have been awful without Kyrie. they were not awful last year without kyrie. They were actually pretty good. If KD' is worthy of an MVP how are the nets so awful when he doesn' thave his point guard outsocring and outassisting him?

I’d say Durant isn’t getting to the rim as much, and idk if that’s by him taking it easy or by his post injury stuff
He isn't? From what I've seen KD's been driving alot though I haven't tracked it hard or anything. i'm mostly seeing he's been a tissue defensively, haven't tracked creation, but i dont see him making much.
I haven’t watched closely enough but I’d assume his defense sucks now at least until playoff time

I’d say the nets have been a strong offensive team though, and KD has something to do with that for sure, even if the defenses they’ve faced have been pretty trash.
How strong have they been withotu kyrie?
I’m pretty sure giannis on off was better than lebrons last year, and I wouldn’t expect KDs on off to be BBC easy because the team has shown they can function without him, it’s not gonna be a +talent situation cuz there’s overlap

Eh...IIRC Lebrons on/off was much higher and people like scrab and homecourtloss were using that to try and argue that giannis wasn't clearly the mvp last year.
I do agree that their record atm isn’t good enough for him to be in the mvp race, otoh, should be noted the team lost those games with him off the floor those games if that makes sense, and they are definitely a better team than the warriors even with a worse record
Didn't the nets get deeper? How? They've basically traded levert for durant right?

On AD, I’d agree last 5-6 games ADs been great but first 5 he was prolly one of the worst defenders in the team, but they’re hardly trying right now, and they’re doing an indiscriminate aggressive pick and roll coverage that requires more communication and awareness from all 5 players than last year where they dropped mostly, although them already being a top level defense even with weak offenses faced is a pretty good sign[
Fair enough

My favorite player is his rival. Assuming a nets dyansty isn't on the table, we really need a lebron-giannis final. Could essentially be lebron vs jordan in reverse. Maybe Lberon vs Jordan 2.0 if he puts everythign together in the playoffs :P

I haven’t watch enough nets games that just what I heard

Lowkey forgot bron was my fav was talking about AD lol

Onoff is gonna be hard esp this early on because kyrie minutes are gonna be more kyrie + Durant than vice versa, also kyrie just def isn’t close to Durant in value lol

Giannis was higher, +13 vs +10, gap was prolly bigger cuz Giannis had one of the best defensive years ever given the era lol
iggymcfrack wrote: I have Bird #19 and Kobe #20 on my all-time list and both guys will probably get passed by Jokic by the end of this season.

freethedevil
Head Coach

Post#575 » by freethedevil » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:58 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Gonna be hard to say goodbye to Jarrett Allen. One of my favorite players on the team, maybe my favorite. Is on the cusp of really breaking out as an All-Star C, and is only 22.

I would be tryin gto trade kyrue for a big if I were marks.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#576 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:02 pm

Yeah, honestly, trading Kyrie to replenish the depth and to get some quality defensive pieces so that you basically just swapped out Kyrie and picks for Harden might be the best way to go for the Nets right now. Get rid of a huge question mark in Kyrie, and upgrade significantly to a Harden/Durant duo.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,691

Post#577 » by eminence » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:12 pm

I get going for it, but Kyrie is probably the hardest to evaluate player in the NBA in terms of value range, could be tough to bring much back.
I bought a boat.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#578 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:15 pm

I don't think the Nets can trade Kyrie even if they want to. As soon as he starts hearing his name in trades, he'll quit again and make himself even more toxic. And that's assuming there's any other team foolish enough to want Kyrie in the first place.
theonlyclutch
Veteran
And1: 3,562

Post#579 » by theonlyclutch » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:24 pm

So now all the original OKC big 3 will have played with each other and by themselves in every combination :lol: :lol:. Harden + KD should be a helluva combo even with Kyrie being woke, gonna be fun to see either this blow up in the Net's faces or a new dynasty forming.
theonlyclutch's AT FGA-limited team - The Malevolent Eight

PG: 2008 Chauncey Billups/ 2013 Kyle Lowry
SG: 2005 Manu Ginobili/2012 James Harden
SF: 1982 Julius Erving
PF: 2013 Matt Bonner/ 2010 Amir Johnson
C: 1977 Kareem Abdul Jabaar
MyUniBroDavis
General Manager

Post#580 » by MyUniBroDavis » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:26 pm

They aren’t gonna trade kyrie lol

Return to Player Comparisons