Image ImageImage Image

The Bulls should rebuild now.

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

thebizkit
Junior
And1: 150

The Bulls should rebuild now. 

Post#1 » by thebizkit » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:18 pm

I know this is an unpopular opinion this early in the season, but I said to myself earlier in the year that if an Eastern Conference team made a huge move to lock down the conference for the next 3-4 years, that the Bulls should trade Lavine, Lauri and whoever else at the trade deadline if not sooner.

Well... Brooklyn just made that move today and I'm sure Philly, Boston and Milwaukee will try to make a move as well to keep up.

Let's be honest, the Bulls have no chance in hell of competing against a super-team in the East, and yes I know that you can say that about 80% of the rest of the East as well. The difference is the Bulls have pieces that can bring in future assets now. I'm not going to hold out hope for another "Well the bulls have plenty of cap in free agency" pep talk, been there, done that... More than twice now.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Re: The Bulls should rebuild now. 

Post#2 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:29 pm

Lol if it's any team that could not live up to their potential its the nets lol

This is not a justified reason to blow anything up. Hell this is the result of blowing it up how many times we supposed to do that? In hindsight some fans said this when lebron joined wade and bosh and again when durant joined the warriors. Teams still won titles under their reign. No such thing as paper Champs. Games still have to be played on the floor.

Again we finally have good young prospects on either their rookie deals or a team friendly deal and a ton of cap space in the off season. We can build a pretty good team this off season. Doesn't hurt to at least try that route. The nets are now a "superteam" for taking that route we have seen what "rebuilding " has gotten us umm what's the definition of insanity?
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#3 » by gobullschi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:29 pm

I’ve said this before but it bears repeating.

The Bulls are right in the middle of a rebuild and are in the ‘player development’ stage of the rebuild. Teams as young as the Bulls don’t win Championships this early. The average age for the Bulls is 25.80 years old. The most recent ‘young team’ to win a Championship was in 2014-2015 when the Golden State Warriors won with an average age of 26.393. The next team that won an NBA Championship with a roster as young as the Bulls was in 1976.

Most of the team is in the very beginning of their NBA careers and it’s going to take some time. Harden, Durant, & Irving are all in their 30s. Just be patient, let the team gel, and just enjoy watching BD mold the young players into legit NBA players over the next couple years.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,789

Post#4 » by WindyCityBorn » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:31 pm

We are rebuilding now. What some of you want is to get rid of every player is not named PWill no matter how well they play and start from scratch. That isn’t necessary.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,748

Post#5 » by dougthonus » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:34 pm

I'll say what I've said before, if some team is going to offer up a "star" package for Zach LaVine, send him off. Otherwise, I'd probably keep Zach, ship off Lauri, Thad, Sato, or Otto if they have value.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
TheFinishSniper
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,244

Post#6 » by TheFinishSniper » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:35 pm

Bulls are rebuilding. We just have no assets to make it fast. Somewhere down the line most likely draft night there will be place to pick a franchise player. But until then I believe in getting assets till deadline is possible to make a play then. Nothing sooner.
League Circles
RealGM
And1: 9,159

Post#7 » by League Circles » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

Hahaha the Nets are gonna suck and/or get injured. Not scared of them whatsoever. Each of their 3 douchebags have obvious large flaws.
https://august-shop.com/ - sneakers and streetwear
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#8 » by MrFortune3 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:43 pm

No. We need to continue the current build and change the culture into one where star players want to flock to.
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,440

Post#9 » by ImSlower » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:48 pm

I'll be absolutely shocked if we have all four of LaVine, Markkanen, Carter Jr, and White by opening tip of the 2021 season. We are in the process of a rebuild.

If you want an utter teardown, that assumes we lose Donovan as well, and any goodwill the franchise has scraped together with the FO change.

As your forum name band once regrettably roared, you gotta have faith.
weneeda2guard
RealGM
And1: 4,903

Post#10 » by weneeda2guard » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 pm

Agreed If the team is offering a kings ransom for lavine then sure, we getting a young prospect or 2 and 3-4 picks ok.

That kind of deal is not out there and it makes no sense to make a deal just to make it selling the hope of the draft and losing as the prize. A high draft pick is not promised or guaranteed to us. The past 4 years proves this route is too unsure.

The nets are a super team today because they didn't continue just blowing it up they got a competent coach some solid pieces then a ton of cap space. Then they just started added guys. We could be in that same spot next year. Ton of cap space with coby lavine pwill on board and a good coach. Rather go that route.
"they taking rose kindness for a weakness"
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,083

Post#11 » by MrSparkle » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:57 pm

Don’t worry, by the time the Bulls are ready to “compete,” the next cast of emerging superstars will find their coastal super team.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#12 » by Leslie Forman » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 pm

What are you talking about, guys like Luka Doncic and Jayson Tatum are clearly looking at this roster and saying "man I really gotta demand a trade to that team!"
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Post#13 » by sco » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 pm

thebizkit wrote:I know this is an unpopular opinion this early in the season, but I said to myself earlier in the year that if an Eastern Conference team made a huge move to lock down the conference for the next 3-4 years, that the Bulls should trade Lavine, Lauri and whoever else at the trade deadline if not sooner.

Well... Brooklyn just made that move today and I'm sure Philly, Boston and Milwaukee will try to make a move as well to keep up.

Let's be honest, the Bulls have no chance in hell of competing against a super-team in the East, and yes I know that you can say that about 80% of the rest of the East as well. The difference is the Bulls have pieces that can bring in future assets now. I'm not going to hold out hope for another "Well the bulls have plenty of cap in free agency" pep talk, been there, done that... More than twice now.

This just sounds like, ok let's trade our whole team for a handful of magic beans, but they really need to be MAGIC this time!
:clap:
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#14 » by Hangtime84 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:05 pm

Leslie Forman wrote:What are you talking about, guys like Luka Doncic and Jayson Tatum are clearly looking at this roster and saying "man I really gotta demand a trade to that team!"

Tatum works out with same trainer as Zach but those contracts do not line up.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Kukoc-Lauri
Bench Warmer
And1: 414

Post#15 » by Kukoc-Lauri » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:09 pm

Phila is on move. Lavine for Scott, Maxey, Thybulle and future frp and pick swap. Porter to Blazers for Hood,Little and A.Simmons. Young to Bucks for Craig and second round pick. Draft Jaylen Green, luck is ours again, resign Lauri 4/78.
White - Jaylen Green - P.Williams - Markkanen - Carter. A.Simmons - Maxey - Thybulle - Little - Gafford. Dotson Craig Hutchinson Simonovic. And still room for one max player or to took bad contract for assetes.
BullChit
Head Coach
And1: 3,707

Post#16 » by BullChit » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:13 pm

League Circles wrote:Hahaha the Nets are gonna suck and/or get injured. Not scared of them whatsoever. Each of their 3 douchebags have obvious large flaws.
Got as much talent is on that team they just scream first round shock exit!!

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
eMar arnell eRozen... The "D" stands for "Defence"
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#17 » by BullChit » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:16 pm

Well then... It seems like the Chicago Bulls franchise is screwed unless a few people from this forum become prominent members of the front office...

Why bother watching anymore...

sllubwoc
Sophomore
And1: 135

Post#18 » by sllubwoc » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:20 pm

I think your nuts. The best thing this team could do is make the playoffs and get some experience as a team in them at their age. Nobody thought the Warriors were anything special until all of a sudden..they were. Give it time. Let it play out. Continue the rebuild/player development stage we are currently doing. That's the best play. Might not work out but it's not like we can sign star free agents or anything. Just hope our young dudes turn into young studs.
Mk0
RealGM
And1: 15,261

Post#19 » by Mk0 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:20 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:We are rebuilding now. What some of you want is to get rid of every player is not named PWill no matter how well they play and start from scratch. That isn’t necessary.

We are already one of the youngest teams in the league. I think our starting 5 has like an average age of 24?

OPJ is an old dog off the bench at 27.

This team is super young.
NBA officiating bought to you by FanDuel
BullChit
Head Coach

Post#20 » by BullChit » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:We are rebuilding now. What some of you want is to get rid of every player is not named PWill no matter how well they play and start from scratch. That isn’t necessary.
Maybe we should go further with this... Blow up everything... New state, new city, new team name and logo, entirely new roster...

Return to Chicago Bulls