Best offers for Drummond

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Best offers for Drummond 

Post#1 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:27 pm

Given the fact that we just traded for Allen, he's clearly available.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Re: Best offers for Drummond 

Post#2 » by Pinkyring » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:29 pm

MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#3 » by MasterIchiro » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:30 pm

Just saw his TS% is 48. He's 52% from the line and 0% from 3. I can see why Cavs made a move to secure Allen for their future.
It has been written...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:32 pm

Go ahead and merge. I thought a new thread might be in order given recent developments but I don't really care either.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:34 pm

Drummond to Kings for Barnes and Parker(waived).
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:36 pm

SD2042 wrote:Drummond to Kings for Barnes and Parker(waived).

See, and this is important, the Cavs can just let him play out the season and realize cap space. So if we're eating future money, there has to be some value added. I might consider Barnes and Bagley for Drummond.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#7 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

Hes so awful and just raw stats at this point
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:37 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

See, and this is important, the Cavs can just let him play out the season and realize cap space. So if we're eating future money, there has to be some value added. I might consider Barnes and Bagley for Drummond.

I was considering Bags in the deal, but with his injury history in play would the Cavs take that risk especially in real time.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:40 pm

SD2042 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

I was considering Bags in the deal, but with his injury history in play would the Cavs take that risk especially in real time.

I don't consider Barnes, Parker and nothing else a better option than Drummond just walking after the season.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,045

Post#10 » by Laimbeer » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:45 pm

Are you looking for longer bad deals and a pick?
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#11 » by cl2117 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:48 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

Is he a legit buyout candidate then?

I'm really struggling to find a team that'd match that level of expiring salary without sending something ugly in return.
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:51 pm

cl2117 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

Is he a legit buyout candidate then?

I'm really struggling to find a team that'd match that level of expiring salary without sending something ugly in return.

I struggle to see it if only because he's an unrestricted FA heading into a summer where teams have a lot of cap space and he's looking to get paid. Guys like that don't like to take buyouts. TT could've played on a contender if he took a buyout last season, he didn't.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Are you looking for longer bad deals and a pick?

I'm personally very cool with not taking on longer bad deals and letting him walk. But at this point, if a team like the Kings wanted to get off Barnes deal and attach some value, that's at least worth considering since he can play the three or the four.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#14 » by loserX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 pm

Charlotte does seem the best bet, especially having shown interest before.

A few other teams could use him (Clippers, Wizards) but can't match salary for a variety of reasons. Other teams simply won't want to pay $28M for a centre because they already have one better.
cl2117
General Manager
And1: 6,993

Post#15 » by cl2117 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 pm

loserX wrote:Charlotte does seem the best bet, especially having shown interest before.

A few other teams could use him (Clippers, Wizards) but can't match salary for a variety of reasons. Other teams simply won't want to pay $28M for a centre because they already have one better.

I can't seem to get anything to work cap wise for Charlotte either. Zeller/Monk still leaves them $3m short.

Knicks?
UHar_Vinnie wrote:If you don't lean forward while hugging a dude, you are gonna have a wiener touching incident. You know this.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#16 » by ChettheJet » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:06 pm

For the Bulls I'd look at Porter and Satoransky for Drummond and Garland.

I guess CLE could play Okoro at the SG with Porter at the SF, Satoransky allows Sexton to be the SG at times

The Bulls don't need Drummond that bad but Garland makes for a 3 headed back court any two of which can play together.
The next move would be to trade either Markkanen or Young to get a SF so Williams can play both spots up front. maybe Felicio's expiring deal helps that along.
loserX

Post#17 » by loserX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:09 pm

cl2117 wrote:
loserX wrote:Charlotte does seem the best bet, especially having shown interest before.

I can't seem to get anything to work cap wise for Charlotte either. Zeller/Monk still leaves them $3m short.

The easiest solution is to wait until Biyombo is eligible and include him, although that takes another C off the bench for Charlotte.

In a 3-for-1 deal Cleveland is going to have to cut guys anyway, so if they cut McGee maybe Charlotte just tries to sign him :dontknow:
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#18 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:09 pm

ChettheJet wrote:For the Bulls I'd look at Porter and Satoransky for Drummond and Garland.

I guess CLE could play Okoro at the SG with Porter at the SF, Satoransky allows Sexton to be the SG at times

The Bulls don't need Drummond that bad but Garland makes for a 3 headed back court any two of which can play together.
The next move would be to trade either Markkanen or Young to get a SF so Williams can play both spots up front. maybe Felicio's expiring deal helps that along.

Why would Cleveland even consider that trade? Sexton already plays SG "at times." This trade is nothing but negative value for the Cavs.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#19 » by Revenged25 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:10 pm

loserX wrote:
cl2117 wrote:

The easiest solution is to wait until Biyombo is eligible and include him, although that takes another C off the bench for Charlotte.

In a 3-for-1 deal Cleveland is going to have to cut guys anyway, so if they cut McGee maybe Charlotte just tries to sign him :dontknow:

More than likely it would be Biyombo being cut right away. Maybe even see if Zeller would take a buyout.
loserX

Post#20 » by loserX » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:12 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
loserX wrote:
cl2117 wrote:I can't seem to get anything to work cap wise for Charlotte either. Zeller/Monk still leaves them $3m short.

More than likely it would be Biyombo being cut right away. Maybe even see if Zeller would take a buyout.

Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. You have to have enough vacant roster spots to take the incoming players even if you don't want to keep them. So you have to make the cuts first, then the trade.

Return to Trades and Transactions