Image ImageImage Image

Lets talk Zach Lavine

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

What to do with Zach Lavine?

Keep him, he’s part of the core.
67%
Trade him, Williams is the only one who Bulls should keep.
33%

Total votes: 262

Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Re: Zach Lavine-trade him now or part of the future? Voting is nearly 50/50. What would you do? 

Post#421 » by Clocian » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:53 pm

mtron32 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah, we've got to trade him. I think the hope is that Harden to Philly starts an arms race. And then we can flip Lavine somewhere for great value.

Where did this BS come from?

It came from none other than Joe Crowley himself :lol:. In other words, ignore this click bait article.
Damn I love Hip Hop!
mtron32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,997

Re: Zach Lavine-trade him now or part of the future? Voting is nearly 50/50. What would you do? 

Post#422 » by mtron32 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:00 pm

Clocian wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah, we've got to trade him. I think the hope is that Harden to Philly starts an arms race. And then we can flip Lavine somewhere for great value.

It came from none other than Joe Crowley himself :lol:. In other words, ignore this click bait article.

Ah, say no more :noway: :noway:
gardenofsound
Starter
And1: 1,780

Post#423 » by gardenofsound » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:33 pm

As people are starting to note... I think LaVine's trade value may have just increased. Beal and LaVine are now the prime targets for any team looking for a wing scorer who can create his own, and while Beal is a little bit better as a player, he's also an expiring on a higher AAV, whereas Zach has another year on his deal.

I don't think Zach will be a Bull post trade deadline.
Clocian
RealGM
And1: 2,579

Post#424 » by Clocian » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:46 pm

I hope everyone wanting to trade zach for peanuts is prepared for a long search for a player to replace what he brings. Will be looking forward to the "I miss zach" posts when we struggle to score.
Damn I love Hip Hop!
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,206

Post#425 » by coldfish » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:31 am

I'm pretty high on Zach but I don't think he is untouchable. IMO, the Bulls have to start winning some games. If they do with Zach playing like he is, he will get a mountain in trade.

I really don't understand the idea of giving him away for peanuts just so Chicago can go from the 8th pick to the 6th.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#426 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:05 am

We need to change the title of the Bulls forum to the Zach LaVine Trade forum. That's what all these threads have become. Yeesh.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
cjbulls
Analyst
And1: 1,301

Post#427 » by cjbulls » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:44 am

Clocian wrote:I hope everyone wanting to trade zach for peanuts is prepared for a long search for a player to replace what he brings. Will be looking forward to the "I miss zach" posts when we struggle to score.

The one nice thing about this team is that they're never hurting to score. I remember all the past bad bulls teams when they struggled to break 90 and hit long scoreless stretches. Remove Zach and those nights will return.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#428 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 am

gardenofsound wrote:As people are starting to note... I think LaVine's trade value may have just increased. Beal and LaVine are now the prime targets for any team looking for a wing scorer who can create his own, and while Beal is a little bit better as a player, he's also an expiring on a higher AAV, whereas Zach has another year on his deal.

I bet he is still here after he deadline. Crowley is a joke. There no way Zach asked for financial respect this past off-season and no way the number would have been that small of he did.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#429 » by WindyCityBorn » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:55 am

I see this poll has gotten SIGNIFICANTLY closer than a couple of weeks ago. Good to see some of us are actually watching games.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,234

Post#430 » by kodo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:56 am

coldfish wrote:I'm pretty high on Zach but I don't think he is untouchable. IMO, the Bulls have to start winning some games. If they do with Zach playing like he is, he will get a mountain in trade.

I really don't understand the idea of giving him away for peanuts just so Chicago can go from the 8th pick to the 6th.

And we won't even get 6th, because AK & Billy will make sure we don't. AK is an anti-tanker. Donovan didn't choose Chicago over Philly to tank.

10th to 12th pick is the very best we'll get with these guys running the show, even if Zach is traded they'll get serviceable vets who will keep us out of the bottom.

Tanking an effective strategy has to be one that the entire organization top to bottom are all in on, from ownership to GM to coach. I believe none of the three layers want to tank. So at best we'll just be somewhat bad enough to be embarrassing, and not nearly bad enough to get a top pick.
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,064

Post#431 » by MrSparkle » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:58 am

Actually now that the Harden trade is finally decided...

It might be a good time for both sides to help each other and discuss a Simmons/LaVine swap, with more pieces involved (obv. Otto/Thad/Wendell)... and pretty much every guy who can’t shoot a great 3P clip.

Sato-Coby-Williams-Simmons-Lauri

Would be an interesting starting point.
MisterRoy
Veteran
And1: 1,001

Post#432 » by MisterRoy » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:13 am

MrSparkle wrote:Actually now that the Harden trade is finally decided...

It might be a good time for both sides to help each other and discuss a Simmons/LaVine swap, with more pieces involved (obv. Otto/Thad/Wendell)... and pretty much every guy who can’t shoot a great 3P clip.

Sato-Coby-Williams-Simmons-Lauri

Would be an interesting starting point.

That's going back to when the Bulls couldn't score. Nobody in that lineup will replace Zach's scoring. You need points to win.

Sent from somewhere you've never been.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#433 » by Am2626 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:30 am

gardenofsound wrote:As people are starting to note... I think LaVine's trade value may have just increased. Beal and LaVine are now the prime targets for any team looking for a wing scorer who can create his own, and while Beal is a little bit better as a player, he's also an expiring on a higher AAV, whereas Zach has another year on his deal.

Why would the Bulls want to do that? What do you expect back in return for him? Unless you are getting a superstar back there is no reason to just dump him.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#434 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:27 am

Lock this thread! Lavine is a star, scorer that doesnt come often, improving in other areas (defense, playmaking, decision making) too and should be the core player moving forward!?
If a mega deal comes for him, ok, but lets not forget his scoring would be hard to replace. Giving more shots to others means jacks s.. if they cant score!? Lavine next deal should be around 28M and AK knows it.. Not max or superstar deal, but a star deal and cap friendly for Bulls to compete and sign another star.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#435 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:30 am

Clocian wrote:
mtron32 wrote:
TheSuzerain wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Crowley is so punchable, maaaan.. Hate his bs lying ass!
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#436 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:43 am

PSA: Through 11 games, Zach LaVine is currently 5th in the league in points per game.

He's ahead of Giannis, Leonard, Luka, Lillard, Tatum, Embiid, Harden, and LeBron to name a few.

I get that he's not necessarily a guy you can build around, but I think we're severely selling him short. This guy, IMO, is a very clear 1B. We need to do him a favor and find a 1A. IMO, that could be someone like Embiid or Kat in a year from now.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,173

Post#437 » by HomoSapien » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:47 am

I'm not sure why wer'e **** on Cowley here. Zach is 5th in the league in scoring, yet 55th in salary. Of course he's going to want a raise.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#438 » by the ultimates » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:09 am

This what I don't understand. In order to be good in any capacity, you need a high volume, high scoring efficient player. Bulls fans have that yet want to move him for some combination of unknown picks or lesser players knowing that guess what one of them will have to turn out to be a high volume, high scoring efficient player.

If it is some outrageously good deal yes take it but many of the deals proposed in the various threads are terrible. I could see moving him if he was 28-29 years old because you could say he could be on the downside of his career when we expect to get good again. He's freaking 25 with elite-level scoring ability. You don't give that up not knowing when you'll get it again.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.
Leslie Forman
RealGM
And1: 6,300

Post#439 » by Leslie Forman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:33 am

the ultimates wrote:This what I don't understand. In order to be good in any capacity, you need a high volume, high scoring efficient player.

You really don't. If you play elite defense and have a smart, competent offense that spreads it around, you absolutely don't need it.

See: Detroit (both versions), San Antonio.

coldfish wrote:I really don't understand the idea of giving him away for peanuts just so Chicago can go from the 8th pick to the 6th.

Wait, if you're admitting that the loss of Zach LaVine for "peanuts" has that little an impact on the team's success…

…then why would you throw him a max?
the ultimates
Analyst
And1: 1,615

Post#440 » by the ultimates » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:14 am

Leslie Forman wrote:
the ultimates wrote:This what I don't understand. In order to be good in any capacity, you need a high volume, high scoring efficient player.

You really don't. If you play elite defense and have a smart, competent offense that spreads it around, you absolutely don't need it.

See: Detroit (both versions), San Antonio.

coldfish wrote:I really don't understand the idea of giving him away for peanuts just so Chicago can go from the 8th pick to the 6th.

Wait, if you're admitting that the loss of Zach LaVine for "peanuts" has that little an impact on the team's success…

…then why would you throw him a max?

Both versions of the Pistons you say? The bad boys with a hall of fame backcourt and another hall of famer in Rodman. Now the 03-04 Pistons were one of the great defensive teams of all-time. That means they're an outlier, they gave up 90pts a game that season. You aren't holding teams to that in today's game. You aren't holding anybody under 100 unless they have an off night from three.

Now the Spurs with three future hall of famers in Parker, Ginobili and Duncan. What you want doesn't work unless you have multiple hall of famers or an all-time great defense.
Losing to get high draft picks and hoping they turn into franchise players is not some next level, genius move. That's what teams want to happen in any rebuild/tank or whatever you want to market it as.

Return to Chicago Bulls