ImageImageImage

So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

What is the pivot now that Harden is gone? Votes can be changed

Beal
33%
Lavine
25%
Smaller moves around the edges
42%

Total votes: 97

eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,000

So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors 

Post#1 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:25 pm

Okay, time to move on. I'm happy Morey didn't' mortgage our future for Harden although I loved the idea of him here. What do you think Morey will do now. The fact that we nearly moved Simmons means that Morey is on the same wave length and knows that Simmons does not make us a contender.

Here are the potential options.

Beal?
Lavine?
Or a bunch of a smaller moves (I can't think of which ones now)

Which would you prefer?

Does a package of Tobi plus some of our younger players help us get one of those players?
If it's Simmons, do we have to give an offer similar to what Morey scoffed at?

I'm guessing something happens by the deadline.

Because this isn't cutting it.

Read on Twitter
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and Rumors 

Post#2 » by BigSleep333 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:27 pm

nothing will happen now. at most minor moves at the deadline
eyeatoma
RealGM

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and Rumors 

Post#3 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:29 pm

BigSleep333 wrote:nothing will happen now. at most minor moves at the deadline

Lol, that's no fun... What are you thinking as far as minor moves?
BigSleep333
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,632

Post#4 » by BigSleep333 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:31 pm

eyeatoma wrote:

buy-out signings...better roleplayers. definitely no simmons trade unless beal does a harden 2.0, but i doubt it
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,119

Post#5 » by Arsenal » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:33 pm

Kyle Lowry is the most likely and best option in that he won't cost nearly as much as Beal, LaVine, etc.

Green + filler + a 1st should get it done.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#6 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:33 pm

BigSleep333 wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

buy-out signings...better roleplayers. definately no simmons trade unless beal does a harden 2.0, but i doubt it

Beal is going to get sick of losing real soon.
bball4life
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,262

Post#7 » by bball4life » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:38 pm

Arsenal wrote:Kyle Lowry is the most likely and best option in that he won't cost nearly as much as Beal, LaVine, etc.

I like this move honestly. Good defender, immediately moves into the starting lineup and pushes Simmons to PF. Good defender/flopper which is going to matter in the playoffs. Shouldn’t have to give up much on an expiring deal. For salaries will probably have to be green and Scott I would guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
sodmoraes
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#8 » by sodmoraes » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:40 pm

I think we should bet on Lavine, he's easier to get than Beal and seems he's not happy in Chicago. Beal would be better but i dont think we can trade Ben for him. Maybe we can get Lavine without trading Ben? But i would trade Simmons, sick of his game.

Sent from my SM-G920I using RealGM mobile app
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#9 » by VDT » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:41 pm

There is no pivot unless Kawhi somehow becomes available or the Nets implode. I dont think i would do Beal for Simmons. Organic growth and minor deals are going to be our ways to improve in the foreseeable future i think.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#10 » by eyeatoma » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:41 pm

Arsenal wrote:Kyle Lowry is the most likely and best option in that he won't cost nearly as much as Beal, LaVine, etc.

I'd like that. Get a legit perimeter scorer. Maybe later we can try and trade Harris for another good player. Or even Simmons.
GutUNC
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,029

Post#11 » by GutUNC » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 pm

Stole my idea.

I loathe watching Kyle Lowry play but he's a hand in glove fit for what we need and as an expiring contract, the cost to acquire him is manageable.
GDTBATH
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,981

Post#12 » by spikeslovechild » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:08 am

I'd like to attach Green and a small asset for Hield.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#13 » by DCasey91 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:09 am

With a 3 - 4 year window (Embiid’s prime)

Focusing on small moves or big moves to up the ceiling of this team should be priority number 1#

Hardens gone next big target is Beal

Lowry is the smaller move that helps now and should be manageable to get

Both trades from my poi is win win in terms of players that help Embiid big time

If Simmons/Harris has to go then so be it
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#14 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:10 am

DCasey91 wrote:With a 3 - 4 year window (Embiid’s prime)

Focusing on small moves or big moves to up the ceiling of this team should be priority number 1#

Hardens gone next big target is Beal

Lowry is the smaller move that helps now and should be manageable to get

Both trades from my poi is win win in terms of players that help Embiid big time

If Simmons/Harris has to go then so be it

Makes sense, I like it.
Sportfan73
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,315

Post#15 » by Sportfan73 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:33 am

Honestly maybe we could get kyrie?
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#16 » by Dnt hate » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:35 am

No thanks
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#17 » by eyeatoma » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:48 am

Sportfan73 wrote:Honestly maybe we could get kyrie?

Yeah naaaw.... Dude is a walking nuclear bomb.
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Post#18 » by PhillyPhilly » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:04 am

Collins from Atlanta should be a big target either now or in free agency imo. Levine or Beal is the obvious other choice and I'd be happy with either one. Levine would be easier to get I think.
Phila Tough
Head Coach
And1: 2,856

Post#19 » by Phila Tough » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:08 am

I don't understand. Ben has looked fine before covid and injuries killed our rhythm and we were 7-1. Furthermore, I do not know the exact numbers, but Philly is a noticeably better team when he plays. I also don't think that It is really smart to judge anything off of these games so early into the season, especially considering the odd situation the NBA is in with a short season and COVID. There's more evidence of Ben being an elite two-way floor general at 25 years old than what he showed last night, coming back from an injury. I am not saying that I wouldn't of traded him for Harden straight up, but adding Maxey, Thybulle, and FRPs is doing way too much. It's really unlikely, but at 24 years old, Ben could still end up a better player than Harden. Not to mention that James is 31 years old and overweight.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,773

Post#20 » by Skates » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:25 am

Michael Porter Jr, there was smoke about Denver as a third team in with Houston and Philly, Denver needs D and Simmons would thrive with the Joker and free up Murray, while we need scoring and both have injury histories. Ben locking up LeBron and Kawhi in the playoffs. Garry Harris has been mostly terrible and adds salary, may Thybulle going that way too.

Not saying it’s gonna to happen, but I could see it.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers