ImageImageImage

So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and rumors

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

What is the pivot now that Harden is gone? Votes can be changed

Beal
33%
Lavine
25%
Smaller moves around the edges
42%

Total votes: 97

SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,546

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and Rumors 

Post#21 » by SixthStreet » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:28 am

I don't think there's a whole lot to do now. We need to get through one more free agency period and then Tobias will be able to be traded and our young guys will have more value. I think we'll be in a better position to strike next year between the start of the season and the deadline. If something happens this year I think it will be Simmons out, but not for any of the players rumored.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Re: So what's the pivot? (Beal, Lavine, or smaller moves)? - Post Harden ideas and Rumors 

Post#22 » by VDT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:32 am

I am not trading Simmons for Porter Jr or Beal for that matter. Durant, Kawhi and Harden are the obvious choices. Other than that i would probably try to keep him and hope for further improvements.

The bad thing is that barring an unforeseen growth from some other player, the team's championship hopes largely rest on Embiid turning into a Hakeem caliber player, which is of course not a bet you want to take.
Btothenelly
Freshman
And1: 22

Post#23 » by Btothenelly » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:45 am

You really wouldn’t trade Simmons for Beal? I can understand Porter, but Bradley frigging Beal? In his prime? Another perfect scoring guard next to embiid? What planet am I on?

Anyway I seriously feel like a family member died. We were this close from a parade down broad street. Almost feel like watching rest of the season isn’t even worth it honestly idk. Such an odd moment
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,804

Post#24 » by Negrodamus » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:48 am

I have a feeling Ben is here for the long haul. I'm sure he's especially happy because he doesn't have to sell his house and uproot his life in Philly. Good for him; not so much for us.
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#25 » by nitocobola » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:53 am

After the harden fiasco I don't expect anything to happen this season, but with morey you never know.
barring a miracle this team is a second round exit bound, so yeah, enjoy the nba and that's it.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#26 » by Sixerscan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:55 am

Btothenelly wrote:You really wouldn’t trade Simmons for Beal? I can understand Porter, but Bradley frigging Beal? In his prime? Another perfect scoring guard next to embiid? What planet am I on?

Anyway I seriously feel like a family member died. We were this close from a parade down broad street. Almost feel like watching rest of the season isn’t even worth it honestly idk. Such an odd moment

Yeah it's early obviously but Beal is leading the league in scoring I don't get why people act like he isn't a great player.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#27 » by VDT » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:11 am

I think Beal is overrated. If he had real impact his team would be better in a conference where teams like Orlando are playoff teams. Someone got to score the points for every team and for the Wizards that's Beal. I am not sure how much of his scoring would translate on an actually good team and that's the main thing he offers. He is not going to run the offense or be an all nba defensive player. He would make some sense in Harris stead.

Simmons for all his issues is a good all around player that even excels in some areas, plays winning basketball and will further improve. I dont see the point in moving him for Beal or even worse Lavine tier of players unless, perhaps, there are other significant roster moves.
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,059

Post#28 » by sixers hoops » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:12 am

Phila Tough wrote:I don't understand. Ben has looked fine before covid and injuries killed our rhythm and we were 7-1. Furthermore, I do not know the exact numbers, but Philly is a noticeably better team when he plays. I also don't think that It is really smart to judge anything off of these games so early into the season, especially considering the odd situation the NBA is in with a short season and COVID. There's more evidence of Ben being an elite two-way floor general at 25 years old than what he showed last night, coming back from an injury. I am not saying that I wouldn't of traded him for Harden straight up, but adding Maxey, Thybulle, and FRPs is doing way too much. It's really unlikely, but at 24 years old, Ben could still end up a better player than Harden. Not to mention that James is 31 years old and overweight.

You said we looked fine and were 7-1, then follow that up by saying it’s not smart to judge anything off these early season games. You basically said Ben looked good early season, but then when he looked bad, we shouldn’t judge those games lol.

When we were 7-1, where you honestly that impressed? I thought we looked okay against some really bad teams. I didn’t really see that stretch as a sign that we turned the corner into a great team or anything.

What’s makes you think Ben could be a better player than Harden? They are in different classes as players. I don’t really see Ben’s game evolving to project him to be someday better than Harden. And you mentioned Ben as an elite two way floor general. Ben is a good ball handler and passer, but how is he elite offensively?
Black Mage
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,580

Post#29 » by Black Mage » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:16 am

I havent watched enough of Beal or Lavine, so I don't know what their value might be or if they would be worth moving Simmons for.

The assets I see as movable would be Danny, Matisse, Kork and picks. Maybe Danny and Matisse plus 2 1sts gets you Lavine, but I really doubt it.

Lowry seems like a semi-plausible move? Danny/Matisse/Scott/Ferguson I think works moneywise. Maybe Raptors cut Scott and we resign him to a vet min.

Derozan for Green/Scott/Ferguson I think gets the money working. A pair of 2nds might be enough.

I'm not really sure what, if any of these options even feel like they would work.

Anyone getting their hopes up for free agency, don't forget this year's class is very weak. If you say, no problem, 2021 is better just remember at that point we've wasted 2 years of prime Embiid.

Ugh, so thoroughly depressed that we couldn't land Harden.
Glasso
Junior
And1: 4

Post#30 » by Glasso » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 am

Ask Dallas about Porzingis.
Bum Adebayo
General Manager
And1: 4,009

Post#31 » by Bum Adebayo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:32 am

We need all level scoring. So yes, you trade Simmons for either Lavine or Beal, people saying they wouldn't trade Simmons for any of them have definitely lost it. Yeah none of them are as good as Harden, but they sure as hell are better than Simmons.
Lavine may be a loser, who knows, but we already know Simmons is a loser anyway, so you get a player that is maybe 50/50 of being either a winner or a loser, for a guy who is 100% a primadonna loser.
Great takes since 2024-04-20
6ers83
Senior
And1: 195

Post#32 » by 6ers83 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:00 am

BigSleep333 wrote:nothing will happen now. at most minor moves at the deadline

This

Add some old washed up vet who is supposed to be a shooter
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,723

Post#33 » by the_process » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:12 am

If Shams is right, I'm slightly worried, because they offered far too much for Harden.

Also, why is the Sixers offer being leaked after the fact anyway? Houston spitefulness? If that's the case, Fertitta can go **** off and that phone call never gets answered again.

Or Morey leaked it to let the league know on the down low that Ben is on the trading block?
the_process
RealGM

Post#34 » by the_process » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:16 am

Arsenal wrote:Kyle Lowry is the most likely and best option in that he won't cost nearly as much as Beal, LaVine, etc.

Green + filler + a 1st should get it done.

Depends on what the filler is. Masai will ask for the moon I imagine. No interest in giving the young guys to Toronto.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#35 » by BullyKing » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:18 am

the_process wrote:
Arsenal wrote:Kyle Lowry is the most likely and best option in that he won't cost nearly as much as Beal, LaVine, etc.

Green + filler + a 1st should get it done.

Depends on what the filler is. Masai will ask for the moon I imagine. No interest in giving the young guys to Toronto.

Yeah I'm only interested if the filler is guys like Ferguson and Poirier
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
the_process
RealGM

Post#36 » by the_process » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:26 am

My first choice would be to flip Harris, Scott, and Simmons for LaVine, Young, Porter, and Markkanen. Add a 1st to that if need be.
Iverson Armband
Starter
And1: 1,590

Post#37 » by Iverson Armband » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:26 am

Bradley Beal dropped 60 points on us less than a week ago.. and there are people in here saying they wouldn’t trade Ben Simmons for him. Unbelievable.
always a jump shot away.
Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,776

Post#38 » by Skates » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:31 am

Iverson Armband wrote:Bradley Beal dropped 60 points on us less than a week ago.. and there are people in here saying they wouldn’t trade Ben Simmons for him. Unbelievable.

I would take Beal in a heartbeat, but a lesser package offered than for Harden of course. The Simmons and Westbrook fit for the Wiz makes no sense though.
the_process
RealGM

Post#39 » by the_process » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:33 am

Skates wrote:
Iverson Armband wrote:Bradley Beal dropped 60 points on us less than a week ago.. and there are people in here saying they wouldn’t trade Ben Simmons for him. Unbelievable.

I would take Beal in a heartbeat, but a lesser package offered than for Harden of course. The Simmons and Westbrook fit for the Wiz makes no sense though.

I imagine the Wiz will be desperately trying to move Westbrook in the offseason. I think it's funny people thought he would help them win.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,810

Post#40 » by Mik317 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:38 am

we had to give up Ben, Maxey, Thybulle and 3 picks for Harden.

Guys I don't think his value is that high by himself..so if we weren't willing to go that far for Harden...you can't turn around and do it for worse versions of what harden brings lol.

The "pivot" will be using the surpluss bigs to either get another ballhandler or to upgrade the Mike Scott or Thybulle/Furkan spot Thats about it. Not sexy at all but you bank on hot shooting and the young guys leveling up over the year. Then luck via injuries or cold spurts hopefully leading to a run and then go after more concrete changes in the offseason
#NeverGonnaBeGood

Return to Philadelphia 76ers