Would a westbrook and Kyrie Swap makes sense?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HornetsFan29
Bench Warmer
And1: 952

Would a westbrook and Kyrie Swap makes sense? 

Post#1 » by HornetsFan29 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:56 am

would the nets consider this at all?

I mean I think it would be a great story to see Westbrook,Harden,and KD teammates again and watch them all win a ring together as a unit with this being Harden and Westbrook first ring.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Would a westbrook and Kyrie Swap makes sense? 

Post#2 » by SD2042 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:59 am

HornetsFan29 wrote:would the nets consider this at all?

I mean I think it would be a great story to see Westbrook,Harden,and KD teammates again and watch them all win a ring together as a unit with this being Harden and Westbrook first ring.

RW and Harden just played this partner tandem last season. It didn't work out. I hardly doubt it will work this time around even with KD on the Nets. As for Kyrie on the Wizards, that would be a disaster in the making.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Post#3 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:52 am

Absolutely not. Westbrook/Harden has been done twice before and didn’t work either time. I doubt 3rd time’s the charm.

If I’m the Nets I start looking to add elite defenders who can shoot at the other 3 positions in the starting lineup. Basically do what the Mavs have started doing this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#4 » by WashWiz54 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:00 am

Only if you promise me Kyrie plans to retire or he will do something so egregious that his contract can be voided.

He would be so unhappy here and we’d probably eventually have to give up assets to trade him. No thank you.
LarsV8
General Manager
And1: 3,882

Post#5 » by LarsV8 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:49 am

Westbrook doesnt make sense anywhere.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#6 » by Cappy_Smurf » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:35 am

I don't think Brooklyn would do that to Kyrie, as I believe they would let him pick a list of teams where he'd want to go.

I do think that Kyrie doesn't last the year with the nets if both KD and Harden are both healthy. He didn't like being 2nd banana with Lebron, so no way he is going to be happy being 3rd banana with KD and Harden. Also, there are rumors he's pissed about the Nash hire and that he wasn't consulted.

3rd banana now and he feels disrespected by their FO? Nah, something smells fishy in Kyrie land.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Post#7 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:15 am

Cappy_Smurf wrote:I don't think Brooklyn would do that to Kyrie, as I believe they would let him pick a list of teams where he'd want to go.

I do think that Kyrie doesn't last the year with the nets if both KD and Harden are both healthy. He didn't like being 2nd banana with Lebron, so no way he is going to be happy being 3rd banana with KD and Harden. Also, there are rumors he's pissed about the Nash hire and that he wasn't consulted.

3rd banana now and he feels disrespected by their FO? Nah, something smells fishy in Kyrie land.

If he were serious about winning (I don’t think he is) he would get his way to the Bucks or Clippers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#8 » by DanishLakerFan » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:31 am

Nets would and should not. Westbrook doesn't seem to be a guy you can win titles with. And if Kyrie goes who should the sage the arena?

It would be great to see those guys together - maybe along with Ibaka - but it's not going to happen.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#9 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:46 am

I see some scenarios ...
to Bucks for Jrue
to Clippers for PBev + Morris
to Magic for Gordon + Fournier ..
Kyrie+Jordan to Thunder for Horford + Hill+Ariza
1+1=11
BK_2020
RealGM
And1: 13,857

Post#10 » by BK_2020 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:17 pm

I don't know but I hope it happens.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,133

Post#11 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:21 pm

Mike lorenzo wrote:I see some scenarios ...
to Bucks for Jrue
to Clippers for PBev + Morris
to Magic for Gordon + Fournier ..
Kyrie+Jordan to Thunder for Horford + Hill+Ariza

Why would we do this? :crazy:

Return to Trades and Transactions