Best offers for Drummond

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,772

Re: Best offers for Drummond 

Post#41 » by BoogieTime » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:51 am

jbk1234 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:Drummond to Kings for Barnes and Parker(waived).

See, and this is important, the Cavs can just let him play out the season and realize cap space. So if we're eating future money, there has to be some value added. I might consider Barnes and Bagley for Drummond.

RIchaun Holmes remains underrated

Whiteside is teams backup

Barnes has been playing well this season. Well enough IMO to match his descending contract
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,086

Post#42 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:56 am

BoogieTime wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:Drummond to Kings for Barnes and Parker(waived).

See, and this is important, the Cavs can just let him play out the season and realize cap space. So if we're eating future money, there has to be some value added. I might consider Barnes and Bagley for Drummond.

Barnes has been playing well this season. Well enough IMO to match his descending contract

If you guys are still good starting Homes, and with Whiteside as a backup or even situational starter against certain big men, I could see it, then this has no legs.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#43 » by Revenged25 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 am

jbk1234 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

If you guys are still good starting Homes, and with Whiteside as a backup or even situational starter against certain big men, I could see it, then this has no legs.

If anything Love would make more sense than Drummond then. Provides the spacing of Barnes and the rebounding of Bagley in one player.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#44 » by DetroitDon15 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:05 am

Blake and McGruder for Drummond and Prince?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#45 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:06 am

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

If anything Love would make more sense than Drummond then. Provides the spacing of Barnes and the rebounding of Bagley in one player.

We're missing Love offensively and will miss him even more once Drummond is gone. Allen is fine rim-running shot blocking center, but he's not a guy you can throw a pass to in the paint and just get a bucket with. Look around the league at how many teams have good PFs. The Cavs will be much easier to defend without a third scoring option. It would be one thing if you knew there was a good PF available in the draft who would be there, but he won't be easy to replace via trade. There just aren't a lot of good PFs out there.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#46 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 am

I dont see any deal between CLE and 1 other team specifically that makes sense for both teams.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#47 » by Revenged25 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:11 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

We're missing Love offensively and will miss him even more once Drummond is gone. Allen is fine rim-running shot blocking center, but he's not a guy you can throw a pass to in the paint and just get a bucket with. Look around the league at how many teams have good PFs. The Cavs will be much easier to defend without a third scoring option. It would be one thing if you knew there was a good PF available in the draft who would be there, but he won't be easy to replace via trade. There just aren't a lot of good PFs out there.

Oh I agree. One of the things I was thinking about was that there are two potentially very good PF RFA options in Collins and Markkanen. Moving Love and Drummond while not taking on much future cap would give them the ability to resign Allen and make a play at one of them in FA giving them a young athletic group from 1-5.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#48 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:01 am

Revenged25 wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

Oh I agree. One of the things I was thinking about was that there are two potentially very good PF RFA options in Collins and Markkanen. Moving Love and Drummond while not taking on much future cap would give them the ability to resign Allen and make a play at one of them in FA giving them a young athletic group from 1-5.

Lauri isn't even as good as Love (he can't rebound, defend and has no post game). Collins turned down $90M and if you're going with Allen, which we clearly are, you need a PF who can space the floor which Collins is okay at but he gets most of his points in the paint.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Smooth32
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#49 » by Smooth32 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:45 am

Continue to think Drummond to Charlotte for Rozier makes the most sense for both teams to balance their rosters out—both dealing from positions of strength/over abundance for a position they really need.

Throw Zeller in from Charlotte and Dotson in from Cleveland to balance things out.

Zeller + Rozier for Drummond + Dotson + future 2nd
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#50 » by MasterIchiro » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:53 am

Smooth32 wrote:Continue to think Drummond to Charlotte for Rozier makes the most sense for both teams to balance their rosters out—both dealing from positions of strength/over abundance for a position they really need.

Throw Zeller in from Charlotte and Dotson in from Cleveland to balance things out.

Rozier is worth more than Drummond. It's a no exclamation point from Charlotte.
It has been written...
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#51 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:05 am

MasterIchiro wrote:
Smooth32 wrote:Continue to think Drummond to Charlotte for Rozier makes the most sense for both teams to balance their rosters out—both dealing from positions of strength/over abundance for a position they really need.

No he isnt have you looked at Dres stats so far this season playing for Bickerstaff? Hes a monster on both sides of the ball
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Monky15
Starter
And1: 692

Post#52 » by Monky15 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:34 am

Is Drummond even positive value? Lots of stats but fg% is the lowest ever in his career and he hasn't even started shooting 3's, not to mention the negative assist to turnover rate. I worry if he would even be playable in a playoff series beyond backup minutes.

Taller Reggie Evans.

Love the Allen pickup for the Cavs, feel they fleeced the Rockets there.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,023

Post#53 » by mg » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:05 am

MasterIchiro wrote:

Cavs would probably decline because they will likely use Drummond's money to pay Allen. Prince is also signed for another year. I see the Cavs letting Drummond walk over bringing in a Rozier or Barnes type that is signed for future season(s). I don't see any good Drummond trade fits tbh. McGee is more likely to get moved to a contender since his salary is so much more manageable.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:51 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:

Yeah, Rozier is just worth so much more to the Hornets than he would be to the Cavs that this is bad trade construction. It's Zeller, Monk, and roster flotsam, with Monk and flotsam to going to a third team like OKC for an expiring contract and draft compensation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Post#55 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:38 pm

Drummond for J.Johnson/Powell/Terry/2021 2nd/2022 2nd; Cavs waive Dean and Dellevedova.
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,570

Post#56 » by pcbothwel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:40 pm

Stillwater wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

No he isnt have you looked at Dres stats so far this season playing for Bickerstaff? Hes a monster on both sides of the ball

Ummm what?!?

TS/ORtg of 48% & 92 while averaging 30% more turnovers than assist on a 31% usage...while making almost 29M.
If you exclude rookies, he's the worst offensive starter in the league outside of Oubre and maybe Dillon Brooks... all while making more than Jokic & Giannis.
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#57 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:06 pm

I read a stat from Andre today .. about his time in Detroit ... that caught my attention

Pistons defensive rebounding.
Drummond on the floor ... 74.5
Drummond off the ground ... 74.6 ...
1+1=11
Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Post#58 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:11 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

Ummm what?!?

TS/ORtg of 48% & 92 while averaging 30% more turnovers than assist on a 31% usage...while making almost 29M.
If you exclude rookies, he's the worst offensive starter in the league outside of Oubre and maybe Dillon Brooks... all while making more than Jokic & Giannis.
I really ... I have no idea about Basketball, (I don't usually look at statistics) .. curiously .. Drummond / Brooks / Oubre seem to me to be good players .. above average at least
1+1=11
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by jbk1234 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:31 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:Drummond for J.Johnson/Powell/Terry/2021 2nd/2022 2nd; Cavs waive Dean and Dellevedova.
The Cavs took on Prince's second year of $15M and they've got to pay Allen now. These deals where they're taking on future money for seconds aren't happening.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,219

Post#60 » by amcoolio » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:07 pm

The more I think about it the more I think Charlotte passes on Drummond. Drummond's main draw is rebounding and LaMelo and Rozier like rebounding so they can push the floor, LaMelo specifically. I think Charlotte prefers a Myles Turner type (I know he's not available, just that type of player)
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles

Return to Trades and Transactions