ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj - Westbrook for Wall and 1st Rounder

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Shanghai Kid
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Re: Woj - Westbrook for Wall and 1st Rounder 

Post#461 » by Shanghai Kid » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:27 am

With Harden gone, Wall now is given the keys to the offense, and will be interesting to see what he does. Wall looked extremely out of sync playing with Harden, I think he has to feel relieved to see Harden gone.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Post#462 » by doclinkin » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:34 am

Whats funny is, local PG county kid Dipo did not want to get drafted by the Wiz because we already had Wall and Beal. Now he will play next to Wall anyway.

I think he is a good fit next to Wall though. I thought he would have been a good fit here when he was in the draft.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#463 » by queridiculo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:36 pm

Shanghai Kid wrote:With Harden gone, Wall now is given the keys to the offense, and will be interesting to see what he does. Wall looked extremely out of sync playing with Harden, I think he has to feel relieved to see Harden gone.

The Rockets have a few pieces, but that looks like a lottery team.

I don't see them being competitive.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#464 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:42 am

John Wall has missed the last two games with knee soreness.

Looks like both teams got damaged goods.
Bye bye Beal.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,857

Post#465 » by Wizardspride » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:20 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:John Wall has missed the last two games with knee soreness.

Looks like both teams got damaged goods.

Not sure Wall's damaged goods...although its possible.

Could just be related to the long lay off.

I worry more about the stress on that achillies.
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#466 » by TGW » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:01 pm

Wall is fine. Houston has no reason to play him right now, so this is going to be a season of missed games for John.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,067

Post#467 » by nate33 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:06 pm

TGW wrote:Wall is fine. Houston has no reason to play him right now, so this is going to be a season of missed games for John.

Houston either needs to win games or tank really, really hard. They don't own their pick unless it falls within the top 4.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#468 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:33 pm

TGW wrote:Wall is fine. Houston has no reason to play him right now, so this is going to be a season of missed games for John.

Wall is NOT fine. A simple search of Wall and left knee soreness will show several recurrences since 2017.
Bye bye Beal.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#469 » by Dark Faze » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:02 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

Wall is NOT fine. A simple search of Wall and left knee soreness will show several recurrences since 2017.

I can see them wanting to bring John along slowly, but specifically stating knee pain is a really bad look given his history. Can't help but to think it's true.

It wouldn't be shocking if this is just him acclimating to playing again. Even if fully healthy--jumping right into pro ball after a 2 year layoff can definitely lead to pain of joints and muscles until one is acclimated. Hopefully that's the case rather than it being something chronic.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,458

Post#470 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:03 pm

Wall is going to torch us... badly.
In Rizzo we trust
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#471 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:20 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:

I think the difference is Houston and everyone else was very aware of the physical risks with Wall. But I think most people assumed that Westbrook was perfectly healthy - but then it comes out that he practiced with a no dunk rule - that's a huge red flag that Washington hasn't really discussed as far as where the injury came from and when it happened - unless I've missed something.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#472 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:22 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Wall is going to torch us... badly.

Guessing his minutes will be capped at around 20. But he could give us a per minutes spanking.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#473 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 2:36 pm

I'm more worried about Westbrook trying to show that he is still the man and end up going 6/21 from the field.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,879

Post#474 » by Frichuela » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:41 pm

It's pretty clear this is the same Westbrook that we saw during the bubble, i.e. an injured and badly conditioned player.

I recall Kawhi sat for a long time with a quad injury. Perhaps, the best course of action would be to shut down Westbrook for a an extended period of time until we are clear that he is fully recovered.

However, this is the Wiz and people are fighting for their jobs (Brooks and also the front office) so I fear he is being "forcefully" played...The Wiz are gonna Wiz
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#475 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:59 pm

Frichuela wrote:It's pretty clear this is the same Westbrook that we saw during the bubble, i.e. an injured and badly conditioned player.

I recall Kawhi sat for a long time with a quad injury. Perhaps, the best course of action would be to shut down Westbrook for a an extended period of time until we are clear that he is fully recovered.

However, this is the Wiz and people are fighting for their jobs (Brooks and also the front office) so I fear he is being "forcefully" played...The Wiz are gonna Wiz

What I'd like is an honest and complete evaluation of his physical condition from the Wiz. At the end of last game, I was wondering if there's something wrong with his eyes or equilibrium, because he threw the ball a few times right to the other team - it was bizarre.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 936

Post#476 » by WallToWall » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:06 pm

I haven't checked stats to verify this, but I think his bad passes are no different than has been throughout his career. He did have a couple of bad passes in the last game, and I attribute those to him and other (new) players not being on the same page. That said, he had no hops, his J's were (more) off, drives/layups were harder, and he labored getting back on D. He should not be playing till he is recovered.
Ruzious wrote:
Frichuela wrote:It's pretty clear this is the same Westbrook that we saw during the bubble, i.e. an injured and badly conditioned player.

What I'd like is an honest and complete evaluation of his physical condition from the Wiz. At the end of last game, I was wondering if there's something wrong with his eyes or equilibrium, because he threw the ball a few times right to the other team - it was bizarre.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#477 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:12 pm

WallToWall wrote:I haven't checked stats to verify this, but I think his bad passes are no different than has been throughout his career. He did have a couple of bad passes in the last game, and I attribute those to him and other (new) players not being on the same page. That said, he had no hops, his J's were (more) off, drives/layups were harder, and he labored getting back on D. He should not be playing till he is recovered.
Ruzious wrote:

It was near the end od the last game I'm referring to. Those didn't look like passes that he would normally throw. It might be nothing, but something looked odd to me.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#478 » by nate33 » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:21 pm

This. Absolutely.

The only way to salvage this Westbrook disaster is to get him fully healthy. I just can't take watching him kill us on offense every minute he is on the court. He is terrible. Like, Isaiah Thomas bad. Get him off the floor and do whatever it takes to fix his quad. I'd much rather see Ish and Neto (or better yet, Brown) play PG. Seriously, what does Westbrook do right now that Brown can't do better?
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#479 » by queridiculo » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:46 pm

I am rooting for Wall.

That "durable" Westbrook is working out really well for us n'est pas Ted?
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#480 » by TGW » Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:17 pm

queridiculo wrote:

I am rooting for Wall.

That "durable" Westbrook is working out really well for us n'est pas Ted?

Everyone in the front office should be fired for this trade. Unfortunately, we can't fire Leonsis, even though it's clear he had a large part to do with that awful move.

As crazy as this sounds, the WFT is leap years ahead of the Wizards from a functional perspective. Kyle Smith—who was basically the Tommy Sheppard of that WFT organization—was pushed out not because he wasn't good at finding talent, but because he was the last straggler from the Bruce era (according to local media). Rivera believed that anyone associated with that previous regime of ineptitude had to go. Well, the Wizards are in the same situation, minus having a Rivera personality in house. It's a bunch of Grunfeld era losers running the team. Culture has not changed upstairs, and you can see that in the final product on the court.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Return to Washington Wizards